• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

I didnt realize that discussion is being split with the 1.5 thread. Why doesnt everyone just come to the community thread?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. At least this new community thread seems to *slightly* outlive the old one :lol.

Since people have been posting their silly fan-arts then I need to do a fast contribution as well. Here is my 2 min idea for Star Wars world keyblade:

Keychain=Millenium Falcon. Handle is in style of lightsaber handles with butonz and rails n shit. Middle part of the blade is basically a blue lightsaber and it ends to the ''teeth'' part that is the cockpit of TIE fighter with the wings being the teeth.

I tried to make a fast concept art but it turned out so bad I won't post it buahaha.

I'm happy for Coded's inclusion. I've never played it so I know zilch about the story.

DDD HD can come later closer to KH3's release and include a demo of it as an incentive or something.

I can tell you right now there is pretty much 0 to look foreward to. Coded is by a huge margin the most useless entry in the series when it comes to story or cutscenes and the whole game just revolves around how they could reuse KH1 worlds and assets one more time.

I was pressured into it! I blame Mink

Btw, as much as I would hate a Star Wars (or Marvel) KH world, that keyblade sounds epic

I am with you on Marvel but as I said before I don't mind SW world at all for several reasons and I will be way more surprised if KH3 (or whatever the next main game is...) doesn't have a SW world. Reasons being:

-Nomura is a big SW fan
-KH is clearly infulenced by Star Wars. In the story perspective this shows especially in BBS
-Disney being generous with licensing SW so probably minimal problems getting it for KH
-Fits KH like a glove
-Marketing for the upcoming new Star Wars films
-huge name to have on the world list

Marvel on the other hand is totally different beast.

I am with you on Marvel but as I said before I don't mind SW world at all for several reasons and I will be way more surprised if KH3 (or whatever the next main game is...) doesn't have a SW world. Reasons being:

-Nomura is a big SW fan
-KH is clearly infulenced by Star Wars. In the story perspective this shows especially in BBS
-Disney being generous with licensing SW so probably minimal problems getting it for KH
-Fits KH like a glove
-Marketing for the upcoming new Star Wars films
-huge name to have on the world list

Marvel on the other hand is totally different beast.
If we get SW and don't get Pixar heads are gonna roll

If we get SW and don't get Pixar heads are gonna roll

They are coming sooner or later too no doubt.

But I mean regarding to SW in KH, after we got Pirates and Tron? Yeah... Search your feelings you know it to be true.

What do I have to pay to see Master Xehanort vs Palpatine darkness hamfest?

Xehanort basically IS Palpatine :lol. Some of the lines are straight from ROTJ. Man it's such a missed opportunity for them not to use Palpatines actor for MX and going 100% with same voice and mannerisms :lol.

I was pressured into it! I blame Mink

I'm just teasing you <3. I'm salty again for not being able to draw.

They are coming sooner or later too no doubt.

But I mean regarding to SW in KH, after we got Pirates and Tron? Yeah... Search your feelings you know it to be true.

What do I have to pay to see Master Xehanort vs Palpatine darkness hamfest?

Xehanort basically IS Palpatine :lol. Some of the lines are straight from ROTJ. Man it's such a missed opportunity for them not to use Palpatines actor for MX and going 100% with same voice and mannerisms :lol

That is a big reason why I don't want it haha.
And SW isn't really a standalone world... Like which planet would you go to?

FAKE EDIT: Ok... Frick. I just thought of something that I would totally love. What if you found the Death Star in space like Monstro/Stitch's and got tractor beamed in?

Holy crap. You could be flying on your Keyblade ship (this better happen in KH3) and then pass the millenium falcon...

If they did that I'd be totally onboard! That feels standalone and is probably the most fitting thing for the KH universe...

CHANGED SIDES!

Groof

I'd love for both Star Wars and Marvel to be in there. However, I gotta admit that adding Marvel would feel a bit out of place with the rest of it. But man, I'd love for it to be in there.
I can also see a SW world being reduced to mere Gummi Ship related side quests for whatever reason. This, I hope does not happen. Also Sora's costume could be based off of the X-Wing pilot suits, heh.

That is a big reason why I don't want it haha.
And SW isn't really a standalone world... Like which planet would you go to?

FAKE EDIT: Ok... Frick. I just thought of something that I would totally love. What if you found the Death Star in space like Monstro/Stitch's and got tractor beamed in?

Holy crap. You could be flying on your Keyblade ship (this better happen in KH3) and then pass the millenium falcon...

If they did that I'd be totally onboard! That feels standalone and is probably the most fitting thing for the KH universe...

CHANGED SIDES!

''That's no moon ahyuck!''

The idea of using SW for KH3 has been slowly growing on me, never been a big fan but the movies are just classics and they could fit very well (better than tron, though). Marvel on the other hand, i hope never gets close to KH...

And we need Pixar; a Wreck It Ralph, Toy Story, or really any movie could make for wonderful and lively worlds, Kingdom Hearts as it's best.

I've seen some people saying that if you beat the HD versions on Proud or Standard it doesn't unlock the beginner trophies. Can someone confirm that?

If true you have to get a speed run trophy anyway, might as well do it on beginner.
Ill tell you when i beat it.

I've seen a profile with only the Standard trophy unlocked, that seems to be the case.

Knowing that, my plan is:
100% playthrough on Proud
No-equipment playthrough on Standard
Speedrun on Beginner

Controls still suck though. I would love for them to totally remake the game again in HD KH2 graphics, but that won't happen.
Are you talking about the camera? I never had any problems with the camera in any of the portable games, so I won't comment on that, but the only thing that makes the DS games bad is the d-pad, but that can be solved by playing on a 3DS.

Um... yes. RE:coded plays a lot like BBS and the gameplay is faster.

Gameplay wise Re:Coded is better. Everything else wise, no. Story is literally let's have another excuse to revisit past games with very little substance pushing the overall plot forward. At least CoM, which is also guilty of making an excuse to revisit old content, had more significant plot developments. Coded was just a quick way to cash in on the fanbase and capitalize on the momentum the series picked up with 358/2 Days and BBS.

Groof

I've seen some people saying that if you beat the HD versions on Proud or Standard it doesn't unlock the beginner trophies. Can someone confirm that?

Man, that's gotta be bullshit. What would the sentiment of that be? Force people to replay it as many times as possible to make them "look forward" to the 2.5 announcement?

Man, that's gotta be bullshit. What would the sentiment of that be? Force people to replay it as many times as possible to make them "look forward" to the 2.5 announcement?

Who knows.

Well it's not that bad since thankfully they added the scene skip option. KH1 can be beaten quite fast with that. You can completely skip some worlds too like Monstro, Coliseum, 100AWoods... :/.

Yeah if they don't fix that for western versions I'll still platinum it. 100% proud run, standard run with no equip changes and beginner speed run with no continues (so I can equip the EXP accessory and ribbon you get right from the start to help with the speedrun. Might as well do the no equip change trophy on standard run.)

Staff for proud, Sword for standard and Shield for beginner :I

Edit: actually I have never done this one in particular but you might be able to skip either Halloween Town or Atlantica?
If you would rather skip Htown instead of Atlantica you are a bad person :(

Groof

Scene skip will make a huge difference. I remember having trouble with the Hollow Bastion Riku fight and having to rewatch that lengthy scene over and over was taxing.

I'll see if I'll plat it or not if this is the case. Depends on if there are any other games I want to play at the time. :[

The worst two skenes without the scene skip funnily enough for me and my friends were the one before Clayton boss fight and the one before Riku 2.

Tarzans dialogue in that scene kinda became a meme for us :lol.

Groof

Goddamnit, you're hyping me up again. Looking forward to reliving this game, haven't played it in so long a lot of it is buried.
Welp, guess I'll be playing some BBS when I'm home tonight.

Goddamnit, you're hyping me up again. Looking forward to reliving this game, haven't played it in so long a lot of it is buried.
Welp, guess I'll be playing some BBS when I'm home tonight.

Well it's my most anticipated release of the year for now :lol. Final Mix additions+HD additions make it a refreshing replay anyway. I haven't played KH1 in a while, I think my most recent playthru was around BBS japanese release.

The new finishing moves make me feel even better for being a part of the Staff master race :3

Wait, they've changed the sword, staff, shield mechanic as well?

Theres 10 new abilities and you gain a few of them leveling up. When you get them depends on the weapon you choose.

Staff for example gets a finishing move really early (I think like lvl 9 or something) that has a chance to finish a combo in a AOE spell.

Sword gets sliding dash instead. It's the ability from KH2 that makes you slide a long distance to close in on an enemy.

Shield gets something I don't remember :eek:

Edit: I did a fast check and you actually get them at level 6. Shield gets ability called ''Slap Shot''.

Groof

Theres 10 new abilities and you gain a few of them leveling up. When you get them depends on the weapon you choose.

Staff for example gets a finishing move really early (I think like lvl 9 or something) that has a chance to finish a combo in a AOE spell.

Sword gets sliding dash instead. It's the ability from KH2 that makes you slide a long distance to close in on an enemy.

Shield gets something I don't remember :eek:
So do all three get all of the new abilities or are some exclusive? That AOE one sounds great, but so does the dash...

So do all three get all of the new abilities or are some exclusive? That AOE one sounds great, but so does the dash...

Here seems to be a video about them.

They all get them but Staff gets slide dash at lvl 51 for example. Some abilities you get other ways like Zantetsuken by beating Kurt Zisa.

Only things that are exclusive are item slots (sword gains 1 more than staff, shield gets 1 more than sword) and MP (staff gets 2 more than sword or shield). Also some basic stat differences with str,def and AP but they can be gained with items if you really want to bother with it.

Most of the CoM stock techniques come from Final Mix.

Picking the staff lets you use Stun Impact very early, and it's VERY good at, well, stunning.

Picking the staff lets you use Stun Impact very early, and it's VERY good at, well, stunning.

image.php

The worst two skenes without the scene skip funnily enough for me and my friends were the one before Clayton boss fight and the one before Riku 2.

Hahaha I couldn't agree more. The only 2 problems.

That was a meme for me and my brother before I was on the internet and knew what memes were

Hahaha I couldn't agree more. The only 2 problems.

That was a meme for me and my brother before I was on the internet and knew what memes were

Paddington-chan! You must be my nobody! Or heartless! Or maybe it's the other way 'round?

KH is interesting series for me and my friends. We are all grown ass men now and my buddies are like 99% PC only dudebro gamers nowdays. But while they probably wouldn't admit it they still are KH nuts :lol. One of my friends just a few weeks ago wanted to borrow my PS2 and the only games he grabbed from my library of games were KH1 and 2 :lol. Other friend has been asking me about 1.5.

Paddington-chan! You must be my nobody! Or heartless! Or maybe it's the other way 'round?

KH is interesting series for me and my friends. We are all grown ass men now and my buddies are like 99% PC only gamers nowdays. But while they probably wouldn't admit it they still are KH nuts :lol. One of my friends just a few weeks ago wanted to borrow my PS2 and the only games he grabbed from my library of games were KH1 and 2 :lol. Other friend has been asking me about 1.5.
This is me.

The potential of a KH game is what influences my console purchases. It is seriously the only reason I have a 3DS haha...

My friends still send me Dearly Beloved YouTube piano covers like twice a year, despite the fact they haven't played a KH since 2. It is a bond we share

Btw, id rather be a Nobody :p

Btw, id rather be a Nobody :p

image.php

It is seriously the only reason I have a 3DS haha...

While I had fun with 3DLand for example, yeah, same for me. To be honest I almost cannot stand the hardware but what can I do :lol.

Actually Theatrythm is great! I hope there will be KH theathrythm one day xd. Like if they wanted (or needed) to do another spinoff I would much rather it be like theathrythm than something like Coded 2.

image.php

While I had fun with 3DLand for example, yeah, same for me. To be honest I almost cannot stand the hardware but what can I do :lol.

Actually Theatrythm is great! I hope there will be KH theathrythm one day xd. Like if they wanted (or needed) to do another spinoff I would much rather it be like theathrythm than something like Coded 2.
Never played theaterythym. Ill have to check it out

And yes, my avatar makes me ironic :p

Never played theaterythym. Ill have to check it out

And yes, my avatar makes me ironic :p

If you are FF fan I certainly recommend it if you can find it cheap. It's pretty fun. My most played 3DS game <3.

Tho some of the harder songs on highest difficulty destroy me :(. Stupid Seymour boss theme...

Actually there still might be the demo on the nintendo network? Try it yourself :lol.

If you are FF fan I certainly recommend it if you can find it cheap. It's pretty fun. My most played 3DS game <3.

Tho some of the harder songs on highest difficulty destroy me :(. Stupid Seymour boss theme...

Actually there still might be the demo on the nintendo network? Try it yourself :lol.
Will do, I love me some FF

Tsunamo

I managed to do every side quest in worlds on my proud run of 1, fusing materials to eventually get to the ultima weapon is so much tedicous than in the original, but it's much more rewarding in this. (it helps when it has a nice buff)

I really want to get the platinum trophy but I'm sure if I can torment myself through all the gummi missions to get all the blueprints, completely forgot about that trophy until now D:

Funnily enough those were the two were the ones for me too, those scenes will forever be stuck in my head.
I'm up to the end of the world on Proud, so I'll find out soon and let you know.
Are you guys saying RE:Coded is better than Days

because if you are

then shit is going down
I enjoyed them both about the same.

Groof

Here seems to be a video about them.

They all get them but Staff gets slide dash at lvl 51 for example. Some abilities you get other ways like Zantetsuken by beating Kurt Zisa.

Only things that are exclusive are item slots (sword gains 1 more than staff, shield gets 1 more than sword) and MP (staff gets 2 more than sword or shield). Also some basic stat differences with str,def and AP but they can be gained with items if you really want to bother with it.

Most of the CoM stock techniques come from Final Mix.

Man, now I'm torn on what to pick. I was so set on picking the sword as I always have, but that Stun Impact technique seems very useful...

Top Bottom