• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Weird then, don't know where i got those impressions, though.. o_o

The low aspects would be the repetitive-ness and the lifeless worlds, am i right?

The low aspects would be the repetitive-ness and the lifeless worlds, am i right?

Mission design was indeed repetetive and while scaling down a full KH 3D experience to a DS was impressive it is not really optimal IMO. I'd rather them reuse the TWEWY style or something.

Also no new worlds was getting kinda old after we had CoM already. You shouldn't do that in crossover heavy franchise like KH.

The whole game was living in BBS shadow even before that released. They were developed at the same time and you could clearly see two full priced games of the same franchise coming close to each other with the other being a complete afterthough.

With the next full blown KH most likely being on a home console with more processing power and more information on screen due to resolution what do you guys think about having more than 2 party members? With the allies count going up radically in the story I wonder how they are going to separate them. It's of course possible but it would be interesting at least to see like 4 party members at once with focus on bigger battles. Donald, Goofy, Riku and quest character from a world for example.

Psxphile

Also, i forgot Saix wanted to stand up against Xemnas. Weird considering he's one of the
13 Darknesses/Xehanorts
now...

Previously people here were saying Braig/Xigbar would probably betray Xehanort at the end of KHIII but I wouldn't keep my eyes off of Isa/Saix either... boy is plotting something.
He's probably working behind the scenes this whole time as a counter to Braig. They'll probably redeem him at the end, and then he dies for real.

With the next full blown KH most likely being on a home console with more processing power and more information on screen due to resolution what do you guys think about having more than 2 party members? With the allies count going up radically in the story I wonder how they are going to separate them. It's of course possible but it would be interesting at least to see like 4 party members at once with focus on bigger battles. Donald, Goofy, Riku and quest character from a world for example.

Maybe they'll let you switch PCs in your group in real-time? Ala Ys Seven/Ys Celceta. Combo w/ Sora, Block incoming projectile w/ Goofy, counter w/ Donald Flare,
switch to Kairi and initiate Two Girls, One Key limit break w/ Xion assist
. :p

I was thinking that maybe for KH3 the story will work and advance through campains. We have a few groups (Sora, Riku, Kairi, Aqua and Ven, Donald Goofy and Mickey)+ people who could work solo. (Lea). But still, makes me wonder how they'll handle Donald & Goofy, seeing as they've lost some relevance, specially now with the improved cast...

hey guys

guys hey guys

what if. listen to me guys what if donald and goofy had nobodies

and they were dolan and gooby?

guys?

Napalm plz. xDD Oh god!

Previously people here were saying Braig/Xigbar would probably betray Xehanort at the end of KHIII but I wouldn't keep my eyes off of Isa/Saix either... boy is plotting something.
He's probably working behind the scenes this whole time as a counter to Braig. They'll probably redeem him at the end, and then he dies for real.

Totally agree. Seeing as how special was their link i would add to that:
That probably Lea is the one who ends Isa for good. And while he vanishes into the everlasting darkness we'll get a deep scene
Braig on the other hand
is still in a "search for power" as much as Xehanort is, so that's probably where they'll clash, and will probably be killed by the old man

I think the closest thing to a death is the Riku replica.

tQdpLIq.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder if they leave 2.5 uncensored for western release. The ratings should be more lenient now. They didn't remove Xigbars sniper in DDD.

The pirates having crossbows was kinda silly. I'd rather get shot than have a goddamn rusty pirate arrow stickin in me.

My guess is that it's going to be whatever the Final Mix version was.

Final Mix was uncensored.

There seems to be quite a few people here and elsewhere who are certain Xigbar/Braig will double cross Xehanort. I'll go a lil further and call right now how the scene will go:

''I'm only half Xehanort :lol'' removes eyepatch and his other eye is still brown :3.

Psxphile

The problem is we don't know what the hell *that* Riku is. Is he Repliku in Org coat because he was recruited to be a Xehanort, or a manifestation of Riku Riku himself isn't even aware exists? DDD provides no answers.

Thanks, Nomura.

FSLink

Banned
Just remodded my PS2, and damn...I forgot how tough Lingering Will is in KH2FM. :(
EDIT: I hope they put back his cape in his BBS model in 2.5 HD. :p

Bladenic

Getting a 3DS so I can finally play 3D. Heard the story becomes even worse than it has been post 2, so that's worrying. But as long as it's fun.

Groof

Getting a 3DS so I can finally play 3D. Heard the story becomes even worse than it has been post 2, so that's worrying. But as long as it's fun.

I'm on the edge of doing this as well. Though it's more swayed by wanting to play Luigi's Mansion.

aravuus

If you disliked KH2's story you're going to absolutely hate DDD's story. I loved KH2 and still didn't very much like the direction the plot is taking in DDD.

e: oh whoops, you said post kh2. still, you're not going to like it.

Thanks. I knew I had it wrong at first. Mansex trying the ol' divide-and-conquer trick. Would have been more successful in KH1.

What's he talking about here?

Shippers gonna ship.

And to think, he probably could have summoned his own at anytime. Despite suckering Roxas into the Org, fashioning a Replica and trying to enslave Sora himself he sure didn't want anything to do with Keyblades, did he?
The fallacy Xemnas is referring to is the belief in Sora's power. It wasn't a fallacy to not underestimate him while so many of the other Organization members did.

Xux

The magic system was pretty lame. The games made good strides making the game more magic friendly between KHII and BBS but Days was ridiculously restrictive with that. The whole loot/backpack thing was really annoying, too.

As was the whole rare enemy thing where it was just a palette swap with 20x the HP.

And the Limit Break system was too counter-intuitive to be fun.

And I would've liked to test out the keyblade combos outside of missions.

...and still I'm considering rebuying it when I go to grab DDD and Re:Coded. :/

aravuus

I doubt I'll ever play DDD so... why do people not like the stories? I guess you can use spoiler tags :D

Because it introduced
time travel, which was a complete asspull.

And the way it's used... Ugh. Honestly? I LOVE time travel stories. 99 per cent of time. Unfortunately, DDD's crap falls into the 1% box. Xehanort isn't even a good villain imo. I don't love to hate him, I don't even dislike him. He's just some old fart. And now we're going to get 13 Xehanorts

I doubt I'll ever play DDD so... why do people not like the stories? I guess you can use spoiler tags :D

Time Travel introduced as a major plot point, We now have 12 Xehanorts instead of just one that I personally was hoping for. Nothing is accomplished for getting Aqua, Ventus back.

Basically it just adds more crap for KH3 to handle than it should. If DDD was handled correctly KH3 would have much more potential to have a compact story with good pacing. Now we got a clusterfuck with ten thousand different plotpoints and some of them were supposed to be resolved in DDD but it just added more. Plus the way the story is told is pretty lame with bad pacing.

The only good thing about DDD story is how it handled some characters (mainly Riku). But the story ''itself'' is just trash especially when I expected it to be something completely different.

Seda

Yeah it's safe to say if Riku is one of your favorite characters from the franchise, you will probably enjoy DDD on that front.

Time Travel doesn't really shock me since the Mystery Figure in BBS made it pretty obvious that Time Travel was bound to come, as for the Xehanorts, I am convinced that some of them will be killed off-screen in KH 3 which seriously sucks.

aravuus

Sora felt like a protagonist from a children's show in DDD, somehow. I kind of get the feeling he felt a bit more mature in KH1 and KH2? Not sure how to explain it. DDD's Sora felt like the most naive protagonist ever.

Time Travel doesn't really shock me since the Mystery Figure in BBS made it pretty obvious that Time Travel was bound to come, as for the Xehanorts, I am convinced that some of them will be killed off-screen in KH 3 which seriously sucks.

They should all die off-screen and be replaced with Disney baddies and a few original baddies before KH3 even starts :V

Some won't probably have big parts at all and they will merge as some über Xehanort at the end but still it's annoying. I really don't need any more screentime for Xemnas or Ansem, those guys are old news. Isa/Saix and Braig/Xigbar they could perhaps do something interesting with. Young Xehanort is so-so. At least he was a ''new face'' but even still he is a character that really didn't need to be dragged on stage. The unrevealed Xehanorts are probably some boring variations of Terra-Xehanort and Riku. Vanitas maybe?

Top Bottom