• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

5 Final Fantasy Characters I Want To See In KH3!:

1.Gilgamesh
2.Lightning (yes I am serious)
3.Ultros
4.Balthier
5.Steiner

7aqyWfF.jpg

Major character in a trilogy of Final Fantasy games and a major character in the Dissidia sequel. She deserves a cameo in KH. I am far from a 13 nut but Lightning is quite ok and could make for a nice cameo. I think she would make an interesting party member in the style of Auron.

13 has yet to see any cameo anyway so yeah, it is quite obvious choise imo. Aladdin may be one of my favourite Disney movies but I'd rather see Great Mouse Detective get a spotlight for once ya know?

McNum

5 Final Fantasy Characters I Want To See In KH3!:

1.Gilgamesh
2.Lightning (yes I am serious)
3.Ultros
4.Balthier
5.Steiner
Lightning meeting Sora... I'm not a fan of Lightning, but that would be a funny encounter. Unstoppable optimism meets immovable pessimism. What happens?

I'd like to see Cecil show up, both as a Dark Knight and as a Paladin. He fits right in with all the light and darkness things going on in Kingdom Hearts. Terra could be fun, too, but she'd probably bring along Kefka, and we really have enough crazy bad guys in Kingdom Hearts. Not that I'd be opposed to an optional Kefka boss fight... Plus, you know, there may be a one Terra limit. Would be kind of fun if they had her in and played up the name confusion. I mean we have both a Riku and a Rikku in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Lightning meeting Sora... I'm not a fan of Lightning, but that would be a funny encounter. Unstoppable optimism meets immovable pessimism. What happens?

I'd like to see Cecil show up, both as a Dark Knight and as a Paladin. He fits right in with all the light and darkness things going on in Kingdom Hearts. Terra could be fun, too, but she'd probably bring along Kefka, and we really have enough crazy bad guys in Kingdom Hearts. Not that I'd be opposed to an optional Kefka boss fight... Plus, you know, there may be a one Terra limit. Would be kind of fun if they had her in and played up the name confusion. I mean we have both a Riku and a Rikku in Kingdom Hearts 2.
She would probably be called Tina in the english version too just to avoid the same name nonsense. Also having no mention of Vivi looking exactly like a heartless was a huge missed opporturnity. Such a waste of cameo that was.

The magic system was pretty lame. The games made good strides making the game more magic friendly between KHII and BBS but Days was ridiculously restrictive with that. The whole loot/backpack thing was really annoying, too.

As was the whole rare enemy thing where it was just a palette swap with 20x the HP.

And the Limit Break system was too counter-intuitive to be fun.

And I would've liked to test out the keyblade combos outside of missions.

...and still I'm considering rebuying it when I go to grab DDD and Re:Coded. :/

Yeah, the bag thing is a pain, wasting space on it just sucks... About limit breaks, i'm more than halfway through the game and i've never even killed an enemy with a limit break (judging by what Xigbar tells you in a subquest)... With Magic, well, it's weird but i'm actually relying a lot more on it than the keyblade on this Proud Run...

I think though, that for being a DS game it's not that bad as an RPG, i even know people that got interested enough in Kingdom hearts having played just Days so...

Oh yeah, that too. Thanks to DDD, I know like Riku a lot more than Sora.

Yeah, me too. Though i should say Riku won me in Re:Com and that last line leaving Castle Oblivion, that happens to be the name of his Keyblade. In DDD shows a lot more maturity than Sora,
And totally deserves the Title of Master, btw

Riku is still a bitch for trying to kill unarmed Sora in KH1 for no apparent reason :(

He was perhaps a tad too evil even just before getting posessed.

Some people seem to think Terra was a total idiot when it came the da dark side but he never was a bad guy before getting posessed. Riku on the other hand was mean spirited as all hell.

Man, fuck KH1 Final Mix and it's fucking synthesis list. I've been item farming for three days now and I'm not even close to completing the damn thing because of all of the running around you have to do.

Bladenic

Lets be honest, Lightning will undoubtedly be in KH3. Whether she's part of the FF crew or not, who knows? Though I'd say it's a safe bet she'll be a party member like Auron.

Groof

Lets be honest, Lightning will undoubtedly be in KH3. Whether she's part of the FF crew or not, who knows? Though I'd say it's a safe bet she'll be a party member like Auron.
With how much Square Enix are going gaga over her, it wouldn't surprise me if they made her main character instead of Sora.

aravuus

Not SE, just that one asshole that has single-handedly made the worst FF games

what was his name again

e: oh yeah, toriyama. why won't he quit already.

I have a storyline question!

So, has it been confirmed yet what the seven pieces of light really are? I personally thought it was the Seven Keyblade Wielders after the secret ending in Dream Drop Distance, but I've seen a lot of arguments about it being the Seven Princesses of Heart.

Basically, I just need to know if this is a fact yet or still up for debate.

Edit: Also, does Sora's potential to wield the Keyblade officially have anything to do with
Ventus' heart residing in him
? Or does Sora just naturally have the potential?

I have a storyline question!

So, has it been confirmed yet what the seven pieces of light really are? I personally thought it was the Seven Keyblade Wielders after the secret ending in Dream Drop Distance, but I've seen a lot of arguments about it being the Seven Princesses of Heart.

Basically, I just need to know if this is a fact yet or still up for debate.

Well we only know they are shards of the original X-blade but apparently they can be replaced by either the princessess or keyblade wielders if Xehanort is to be believed.

Paging Padington to come with some super in depht answer.

Direct quote from DDD:
''The violent clash (keyblade war) shattered the X-blade into twenty pieces. Seven of light and thirteen of darkness.''

Pretty strange how the plan in BBS comes into this since it was basically just Ventus.

Edit: Also, does Sora's potential to wield the Keyblade officially have anything to do with Ventus' heart residing in him? Or does Sora just naturally have the potential?

I think it is very safe to assume this was the case at the beginning. Of course that might have been changed later on but I believe especially at the start of KH1 it was because of Ven that the keyblade got to Sora instead of Riku.

Of course it is later shown that
pretty much anyone can be able to become a keyblade wielder as Lea did but seemingly it has to happen through a benefactor like Yen Sid or Xehanort ect. or straight up inherit the power like Riku did from Terra and Kairi from Aqua.

That said I think it is pretty obvious Sora at this point is a full fledged keyblade wielder since he is training under Yen Sid with or without Ven.

I don't think there has been anything 100% official about this but I'll try to dig into the ultimania stuff to see if it sheds some light.

Edit: Also, does Sora's potential to wield the Keyblade officially have anything to do with
Ventus' heart residing in him
? Or does Sora just naturally have the potential?

Sora getting the keyblade in KH1 was pure coincidence. It was supposed to go to Riku, but since he was messing around with darkness at the time, it went to the next stongest heart instead, Sora's. However,
having Ventus' heart in him gives him access to his keyblade in addition to his own, which is how he's able to dual wield in KH2.

In short, he had the potential on his own, but his acquisition of a keyblade was more of a happy accident, if anything.

Sora getting the keyblade in KH1 was pure coincidence. It was supposed to go to Riku, but since he was messing around with darkness at the time, it went to the next stongest heart instead, Sora's. However,
having Ventus' heart in him gives him access to his keyblade in addition to his own, which is how he's able to dual wield in KH2.

In short, he had the potential on his own, but his acquisition of a keyblade was more of a happy accident, if anything.

The dual wield is interesting ''issue''. Many (myself included) think that Ven is the biggest reason for this but they straight out say it is partially caused by the magical clothes that Sora gets at the beginning of KH2.

I think we can safely disregard spoilertagging BBS but DDD should still be tagged.

BTW it is funny to have these discussions and speculations when it is quite clear Nomura makes at least some of this stuff up as he goes. But that is part of the fun :D. At least KH fanbase is very open minded about this kind of stuff (unlike some others I could name coughsilenthillcough).

The way keyblades can be wielded is quite open at this point too. We know Aqua can wield Eraqus's keyblade even tho he technically is still alive and Lingering Will uses Terras keyblade even tho as far as we know it doesn't have a heart.

The dual wield is interesting ''issue''. Many (myself included) think that Ven is the biggest reason for this but they straight out say it is partially caused by the magical clothes that Sora gets at the beginning of KH2.

I think we can safely disregard spoilertagging BBS but DDD should still be tagged.

BTW it is funny to have these discussions and speculations when it is quite clear Nomura makes at least some of this stuff up as he goes. But that is part of the fun :D. At least KH fanbase is very open minded about this kind of stuff (unlike some others I could name coughsilenthillcough).

The magic clothes he gets in KH2 are what let him tap into that ability. The magic clothes aren't exactly the cause of his ability to dual wield (That would be Ven's heart), they just let him tap into that specific ability.

Aside from a few obvious bits of foreshadowing, yeah, it's pretty obvious Nomura makes shit up as he goes. Up until KH3D, it was at least kind of possible to make some sort of sense of things, though.

The magic clothes he gets in KH2 are what let him tap into that ability. The magic clothes aren't exactly the cause of his ability to dual wield (That would be Ven's heart), they just let him tap into that specific ability.

Aside from a few obvious bits of foreshadowing, yeah, it's pretty obvious Nomura makes shit up as he goes. Up until KH3D, it was at least kind of possible to make some sort of sense of things, though.

I agree with you there that the clothes are just a way for Sora to be able to do it. Since we can see Roxas have the same ability without the clothes.

Makes you wonder why Mickey doesn't dual wield since he has two keyblades. I mean we have seen with Aqua that she was able to use two entirely different keyblades without having any extra people living inside her :D.

Seda

Yeah as I understand it the keyblade went to Sora in the first place because:

1.) Destiny Islands was under siege by heartless
2.) Because Terra performed the ritual on Riku, the keyblade was to go to him to protect the world and stuff
3.) However, Riku was blocked by darkness, so the keyblade went to Sora instead. Remember that Aqua DID NOT perform the ritual on Sora, because Riku already had it done.

This is also why Sora can claim the keyblade back from Riku in Hollow Bastion, because Riku had darkness in his heart and Sora did not (or at least not as much). Although Sora never had the ritual performed on him, his heart had potential the whole time, so he could take it from a person who had undergone the ritual.

Yeah and dual-wielding is weird. It makes sense that Sora should have been able to do it all along (with his own heart and Ventus') , but he wasn't able to until KH2, so it's assumed that something from his meeting with Yen Sid 'awakened' that ability.

I wouldn't disregard Ven entirely. I think that the reason it chose exactly Sora is because after Riku was unable to get it the logical choise for a ''delivery boy'' is the dude who has a keyblade wielders heart.

Makes you wonder why the keyblade didn't go to Riku on the occasions he meets with Sora in KH1. Especially in the beginning at Traverse Town when he most certainly is less infulenced by darkness than at Hollow Bastion.

Seda

I wouldn't disregard Ven entirely. I think that the reason it chose exactly Sora is because after Riku was unable to get it the logical choise for a ''delivery boy'' is the dude who has a keyblade wielders heart.

Makes you wonder why the keyblade didn't go to Riku on the occasions he meets with Sora in KH1. Especially in the beginning at Traverse Town when he most certainly is less infulenced by darkness than at Hollow Bastion.

So basically the options are, when the Keyblade wasn't able to reach Riku, it went to Sora despite him never having a ritual performed because:

1) His own heart (not Ventus') was worthy enough and the next best

2) Only because Ventus' heart was there

is that right?

Well, that'd be going into pure speculation territory.

Given all of the instances of Sora making friends and bonds throughout the series (Hell, even in BBS, to an extent), I think it's safe to assume that Sora's strength of heart is just that powerful, even without Ventus.

So basically the options are, when the Keyblade wasn't able to reach Riku, it went to Sora despite him never having a ritual performed because:

1) His own heart(not Ventus') was worthy enough and the next best

2) Only because Ventus' heart was there

is that right?
Pretty much.

Well it is impossible to say but I like to believe Ven is the reason Sora was able to get it since the whole plot of the series is coming down to what good old Xehanort is saying ''Destiny is never left to chance.''

Of course I am not going to start a debate about this or anything since I have absolutely no proof about it. It just is that I believe it is plausible that Ven is one of the reasons Sora was able to get the keyblade temporarily.

I just remembered something stupid about DDD again *sigh*

Edit: and just to clarify I believe Ven only had an effect at the very beginning and by the time the Keyblade becomes Soras for good at HB I think it is 100% thanks to Sora.

Top Bottom