• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Seda

Is it possible that Sora could only use one keyblade in Kingdom Hearts (and CoM) because of Ventus's heart, and his own heart was only able to have one starting in KH2? Like his own heart matured or something?

Whatever the case, eventually, his own heart is strong enough to be a keyblade wielding one.

(right?)

Is it possible that Sora could only use one keyblade in Kingdom Hearts (and CoM) because of Ventus's heart, and his own heart was only able to have one starting in KH2? Like his own heart matured or something?

Whatever the case, eventually, his own heart is strong enough to be a keyblade wielding one.

(right?)

I edited my last post but I think the moment when Riku loses the keyblade is when Sora can use it entirely thanks to his own heart. Ven only has effect when Sora is basically a nobody at the start of KH1.

One thing that is entirely certain is that at this point in timeline it has 100% no connection to Ven since Sora is training under Yen Sid.

I have a storyline question!

So, has it been confirmed yet what the seven pieces of light really are? I personally thought it was the Seven Keyblade Wielders after the secret ending in Dream Drop Distance, but I've seen a lot of arguments about it being the Seven Princesses of Heart.

Basically, I just need to know if this is a fact yet or still up for debate.
Im not gonna spoiler all of this so... just skip it if you care.

Napalm is right, it could be both. Basically to forge the x-blade, pure light and pure dark must clash. In BBS, MX created Vanitas out of Ventus and attempted to create it by forcing them to duel. It failed. Then Xehanorts heartless tried to gather the princesses of heart to open the door but was thwarted. Now MX is trying to come up with a foolproof way to forge the x-blade. Since it was broken into 20 pieces, 7 of light and 13 of darkness, it would be fitting that there be 7 "lights" (keyblade weilders) and 13 "darks" (Xehanorts) involved in the clash instead of just the 1 vs. 1 of Ventus and Vanitas.

Edit: Also, does Sora's potential to wield the Keyblade officially have anything to do with
Ventus' heart residing in him
? Or does Sora just naturally have the potential?

Nomura said that in order to wield a keyblade 2 things have to happen. First, you have to have a strong heart. Second, you have to have been selected through a Keyblade Inheiritance Ceremony. This can either be super legit (like what Terra did with Riku) or super unlegit (like what Aqua did with Kairi... where she just friggin grazed her and now she can weild).

So for Sora, whose heart is plenty strong to weild a keyblade, all he needed was to be chosen. With Ventus heart inside him, he now qualified to weild a keyblade... I mean if Kairi can weild ;). However, since the keyblade was the Light "World" keyblade (similar to Mickeys Dark "World" keyblade) it would go to anyone who met the 2 requirements AND had the strongest heart. This is why it switched between Riku and Sora.

EDIT: To address the question raised above, if Ven left Sora's heart, he would still be able to weild since he was already "initiated" by Ventus heart and his heart isn't necessary to weild.

Anyway... Yeah. Keep the questions coming :) hope the program is going well

Guys...

I was just thinking about one minor thing that has been bothering me that I prolly have already whined about... But then I remembered one scene that my brain must have blocked because it might be the worst scene in the entire series.

Watch this scene...

Explain to me how this scene makes any fuckin sense after BBS. Oh my god.

Oh well. Maybe Mickey is just fuckin stupid. Or Nomura just makes this shit up as he goes and doesn't think much.

Groof

Guys...

I was just thinking about one minor thing that has been bothering me that I prolly have already whined about... But then I remembered one scene that my brain must have blocked because it might be the worst scene in the entire series.

Watch this scene...

Explain to me how this scene makes any fuckin sense after BBS. Oh my god.

Oh well. Maybe Mickey is just fuckin stupid. Or Nomura just makes this shit up as he goes and doesn't think much.

I don't get what you're getting at, but man, dat voice acting.

I don't get what you're getting at, but man, dat voice acting.

Mickey meets a guy named Xehanort who is interested in doing all kinds of shady research on Kingdom Hearts ect. Also he looks like Terra and suffers from amnesia. All that Mickeys good buddy Ansem knows about him is that he isn't from Radiant Garden and that he posesses superhuman powers.

And zero bells are ringing in Mickeys tiny brain? I guess he never bothered to mention to Ansem about the silly coincedence that he also knows a guy named Xehanort who did some shady research on Kingdom Hearts ect., posessed superhuman powers and did some other silly things on the side.

Groof

Mickey meets a guy named Xehanort who is interested in doing all kinds of shady research on Kingdom Hearts ect. Also he looks like Terra and suffers from amnesia. All that Mickeys good buddy Ansem knows about him is that he isn't from Radiant Garden and that he posesses superhuman powers.

And zero bells are ringing in Mickeys tiny brain?

I'm tellin' ya man, somewhere along the way Mickey got split into two and Oswald carries the important stuff.

That, or Nomura's just making shit up as he goes. This also seems like a serious case of Clark Kent disease. Looks like the guy but has blonde hair, thus cannot be the same.

When are the rituals explained? I feel like I've either forgotten about it them or never learnt about it. I have only played KH1, KH2 and BBS though.

I'm tellin' ya man, somewhere along the way Mickey got split into two and Oswald carries the important stuff.

That, or Nomura's just making shit up as he goes. This also seems like a serious case of Clark Kent disease. Looks like the guy but has blonde hair, thus cannot be the same.

It wouldn't bother me IF HE DIDN'T CALL HIMSELF XEHANORT xD.

Seda

I'm probably forgetting BBS a bit.

Whose names doe Mickey learn? Does he learn Aqua's, Ventus', and Terra's name? Does he ever hear the old evil guy ever actually referred to as Xehanort?

Basically, whose names does he know from BBS? (I forget what conversations he has with the characters, does he just know them as the Blue haired nice lady, and the evil old guy, etc.)

I'm probably forgetting BBS a bit.

Whose names doe Mickey learn? Does he learn Aqua's, Ventus', and Terra's name? Does he ever hear the old evil guy ever actually referred to as Xehanort?

Basically, whose names does he know from BBS? (I forget what conversations he has with the characters, does he just know them as the Blue haired nice person, and the evil old guy, etc.)

He definately must know about Xehanort via Yen Sid, especially after the events of BBS.

Then again I already had a theory about Yen Sid being senile so... Also Mickey is talking about his ''three missing friends'' and how he couldn't do anything to save them so he definately knows all three. Makes only sense since Yen Sid and Eraqus are close friends.

Maybe Sora's stupidity is contagious.

Nah he was a smart kid in KH1. Mickeys stupidity is contagious. See how Sora becomes dumber the more he deals with the mouse?

Doesn't surprise me since Mickey is one of the worst Disney characters anyway. Donald should be the fuckin king.

Groof

Nah he was a smart kid in KH1. Mickeys stupidity is contagious. See how Sora becomes dumber the more he deals with the mouse?

Doesn't surprise me since Mickey is one of the worst Disney characters anyway. Donald should be the fuckin king.

Mickey was Xehanort all the time.
We've cracked the code!

also high five for Donald love.

When did Riku do the ritual? Did that happen in BBS as well?

Been so long since I played a Kingdom Hearts game.

Huh? Riku did the ritual with Terra in that scene so that he would inherit his power to wield the keyblade. Riku hasn't performed a ritual to make a successor for himself if that is what you mean.

Isn't that "ritual" basically touching the keyblade of the would-be master and being compatible? Kairi can wield the keyblade because she accidentaly touched Aqua's in Radiant Garden, if I'm not mistaken. Terra is just being formal.

Groof

Isn't that "ritual" basically touching the keyblade of the would-be master and being compatible? Kairi can wield the keyblade because she touched Aqua's in Radiant Garden, if I'm not mistaken. Terra is just being formal.

You can touch mine if you let me touch yours.

Something tells me there's not much thought to all of this.

Seda

More on Mickey being dumb.

All but the first Ansem report (the ones in KH1) were actually written by Terranort, right (says Secret Ansem's Report 2 in KH2)

Ansem report 9 reads as follows.

Ansem Report 9 said:
Simply astonishing! Today I had a guest from another world. He is a king, and his vessel is built of the material that composed the meteors. He called the pieces "gummi blocks". It seemed that my opening the door has opened a path to interworld travel.

We talked for countless hours, but one story in particular caught my interest: that of a key called the "Keyblade". The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power.

One legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it. I must know what this Keyblade is. A key opens doors. It must be connected to the door I have opened.

Good going Mickey you jogged Xehanort's memory. I assume this is the scene shown in KH2?

And I just want to be sure. Ansem Report 11 talks about Terranort 'throwing' Kairi into the 'ocean of other worlds'. The reason why she ends up at Destiny Islands is because of Aqua's spell, right?

I'm not sure if I wrote about this (I prolly did) but I'll just whine about the other lil thing that is bothering me. DDD spoilers ahoy!

So yeah once again it makes no sense that defeating Ansem+Xemnas makes Master Xehanort return instead of Labcoat Xehanort. The only way MX makes sense is if Terra comes back too or is stuck on some weird plothole.

Well ok let's say that MX really is the one who was formed. How the hell can the other 12 Xehanorts be at TWTNW before MX is there? One of the rules of timetravelling was that a Xehanort needed to be at the destination so... wouldn't that make MX the first to be there and not the fuckin last? You know for the other fuckin Xehanorts to be able to travel in the first place?

Well let's assume that ''I am right'' and the one who formed was Labcoat Xehanort and not Master Xehanort. So the Master Xehanort who is posing as the real current Xehanort was really just time travelling and one of the hooded Xehanorts is the ''real'' one. Well all would make sense then wouldn't it?

Well yeah... exept why the fuck does Re:Coded secret ending with Mickey and Yen Sid foreshadow the return of old Master Xehanort? And later Mickey even mentions that they were expecting the return of old Xehanort... so if the MX is really just time travelling then this must be the most lazy and stupid setup for a future ''what a twist'' moment. We shall see...

Then again I guess they could use Isa or Xigbar/Braig as the current Xehanort for travel. But still I don't think it makes any sense to have the old Xehanort back.

Xux

So um...if Terra, Xehanort, and Eraqus' hearts are all in Terra's body, shouldn't he have had three Nobodies? Is Xemnas Terra's? 'Cause he kinda looks like the young Xehanort. Were Xemnas and his Heartless time traveling in DDD or were they just "back"?

Thanks for all your replies.

Maybe tomorrow or Thursday I'll have a draft of the script for those who are interested in helping out some more. Looking for people to comment on accuracy, but also if it makes sense and I'm not missing anything major. Like the Zelda video, anyone who helps out will get their name in the credits. PM me if you're interested, or if there's somebody who doesn't post on GAF you think should see it, PM me their contact info. And again, thanks to everyone who helps out.

Seda

I sent a pm. I used to consider myself pretty well versed in the KH explanations, but after DDD I sort of stopped caring. I actually have been reading up and refreshing myself on stuff a bit lately because of some of the discussion in this thread, haha.

How long is this going to be? I'd imagine it could get pretty wordy..

So um...if Terra, Xehanort, and Eraqus' hearts are all in Terra's body, shouldn't he have had three Nobodies? Is Xemnas Terra's? 'Cause he kinda looks like the young Xehanort. Were Xemnas and his Heartless time traveling in DDD or were they just "back"?

Xemnas is Terra-Xehanorts nobody so he basically is Terras body.
Xemnas and Ansem were definately time travelling.
As far as Xehanorts old body goes I guess it just didn't become a nobody since no heartless were created at all when he casted that aside. Eraqus body could be considered ''dead''.

Similar looks between young Xehanort and posessed Terra is just a coincidence.

About Nobodies, Riku never became a Heartless, right? I mean, him surrendering to the Darkness isn't the same...

I was thinking that it's weird Nomura hasn't brought a Riku Heartless/Nobody to the table...

Groof

About Nobodies, Riku never became a Heartless, right? I mean, him surrendering to the Darkness isn't the same...

I was thinking that it's weird Nomura hasn't brought a Riku Heartless/Nobody to the table...

Don't give them ideas.

But isn't that sort of negated by the fact that he took in KH1!Ansem?

Tsunamo

Keychain (or even handle) of course needs to be this:
Yes please! There's nothing more fitting.
Trying to finish the synthesis list in KH1FM so that I can get Ultima Weapon, and I'm reminded of why I hate synthesizing in Final mix: All of these damned new heartless really make it a drag.
Yeah, that was probably my most hated addition to Final Mix. I love the new heartless, but farming materials from them takes way too long in comparison to what the original took to get the Ultima Weapon.
If they're still pre-rendered they managed to get the scenes pretty great, they look good enough that I'd say they're in realtime (and I'm playing on a 1080p TV, so I think the image quality would look much lower on it if they were pre-rendered)

But I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, so I'm not 100% sure if it's either.
People didn't hate the panel system. In fact many have said it's one of the few good things about the game.
Yeah, the panel system was great. It was what kept the game from getting repetitive for me.
hey guys

guys hey guys

what if. listen to me guys what if donald and goofy had nobodies

and they were dolan and gooby?

guys?
mind-blown.gif

Then they can bring in Weiss from Nier as a summon.

... :(
If only :(

Listen, I don't care about plotholes.
Just bring back Roxas safe and sound and I'm good, Nomura.

I really don't know how they'll handle 2 characters that are virtually the same... Maybe they'll change Roxas Appearance? or Ven's? cause really, having the twin situation would be really weird...

Groof

I really don't know how they'll handle 2 characters that are virtually the same... Maybe they'll change Roxas Appearance? or Ven's? cause really, having the twin situation would be really weird...

They could bring him in grown up. As for a reasoning... do they really need one at this point?

They could bring him in grown up. As for a reasoning... do they really need one at this point?

Yeah, xD at this point, explanations aren't needed xD let's just hope they end the Xehanort saga with brilliance...

Besides, i was thinking that Ven, Aqua and Terra could be the ones to suffer an appearance change for KH3. (they'll have to ignore Blank Points,
Ven "smirking" in DDD,
etc).

Groof

It's hardly new or interesting. An identical looking version of the game is already out. IF they had UI shots, then that would be something, but they don't even have that.

New news, new thread mang!

Standard fare SE though. Release the same content over and over and tell everyone to be excited.

Psxphile

Since Mike D. is back I figure I should link this in case he's not aware of it:
http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/

Just a quick one-stop site of compiled KH lore, Nomura interviews and scene-by-scene analysis. It's practically vital if you want to makes sense out of some of DDD's cutscenes.

Bladenic

Just a random question I thought of, why was Mandy Moore replaced in KH2? Was there ever any official word on it? She may have just not wanted to return or not been available, but it's still annoying because I really liked her as Aerith and Mena Suvari was atrocious.

Groof

Just a random question I thought of, why was Mandy Moore replaced in KH2? Was there ever any official word on it? She may have just not wanted to return or not been available, but it's still annoying because I really liked her as Aerith and Mena Suvari was atrocious.

Wasn't it because Moore was busy with some other work at the time of recording?
Also yeah, Suvari was a horrible choice. Most boring voice work ever, especially after Moore's great performance.

Psxphile

Equal if not more blame should go to whoever was VA directing her, and to the people at Square-Enix who insisted she speak her lines "a certain way" to the point of sounding unnatural.

Top Bottom