• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

TheMink

Do you like Days?
I think I'll finally give in and say that I like Days only because of Roxas :| I mean it was pretty cool at times but it was also repetitive and slow at times. My favorite world was TWTNW with DW Roxas. It also had the best cutscene ever:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtTNp_0EsAw
but yeah it could be pretty bad a ttimes.

The only thing i thought while playing days was "I CANT BELIEVE IM PLAYING THIS ON A HANDHELD!!!!!!"

So yeah i enjoyed it.

The only thing i thought while playing days was "I CANT BELIEVE IM PLAYING THIS ON A HANDHELD!!!!!!"

So yeah i enjoyed it.

Was little hard for me to be impressed after Crisis Core and Dissidia :(

I just wish they went with 2D solution but eh. It was technically impressive for DS but in the process it looked like an ugly mess compared to many other DS titles.

Perhaps even more limited 3D solution like Spirit Tracks?

Tsunamo

So yeah i enjoyed it.
I was pretty impressed they managed to get the 3D Kingdom Hearts experience on the DS back then aswell.
I just wish they went with 2D solution but eh. It was technically impressive for DS but in the process it looked like an ugly mess compared to many other DS titles.
I'm really sad that we will probably never see a 2D Kingdom Hearts on a handheld again, it was really neat playing Kingdom Hearts on a 2D plain.

I was pretty impressed they managed to get the 3D Kingdom Hearts experience on the DS back then aswell. I'm really sad that we will probably never see a 2D Kingdom Hearts on a handheld again, it was really neat playing Kingdom Hearts on a 2D plain.

Classic sidescroller with high quality sprites and animation, yees yees.

Just finished Days. should i say the game really picks up at the end.... (And yeah, manly tears were flowing when Xion started shattering into oblivion...)

Anyways, i really enjoyed it, and for an odd reason i didn't even find it repetitive/didn't get bored with it. i just loved it for what it was, besides from the limitations of the DS.

Heck it was a lot less convoluted than 3D and a lot less "over the top". And Passion ~ After Battle ~ it's just perfect for that ending, sad as fuck...

Just finished Days. should i say the game really picks up at the end.... (And yeah, manly tears were flowing when Xion started shattering into oblivion...)

Anyways, i really enjoyed it, and for an odd reason i didn't even find it repetitive/didn't get bored with it. i just loved it for what it was, besides from the limitations of the DS.

Heck it was a lot less convoluted than 3D and a lot less "over the top". And Passion ~ After Battle ~ it's just perfect for that ending, sad as fuck...

Yes
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

TheMink

Was little hard for me to be impressed after Crisis Core and Dissidia :(

Perhaps even more limited 3D solution like Spirit Tracks?

WHATEVER MAN WHAAAAATEVER

WHATEVER MAN WHAAAAATEVER

You can't deny it!

i4FPMDDk24TNp.gif

Don't be sad, as I said I don't hate days or anything, I even like the story parts but...

I mean let's look at the technical side:

iDBs7voOD1HHZ.jpg

Z02NlsH.jpg

Something like TWEWY would have been much easier for the eyes and better suite for DS controls (no nub/analogue stick)

And Mink as I said it IS a little hard to be impressed by that when this:
BDOWnea.jpg

released 2 years before days :d.

Let's just say I am very glad we are finally 100% out of the PS1/N64 3D graphics days now that 3DS released.

Anyone who decided to create a 3D game on DS should be accused of crimes against humanity.

With all this talk I am kind of temted to start a second playthrough of Days on my 3DS :lol. Alas my backlog is quite immense.

Groof

Don't do it man, you'll only be disappointed. But man, that Crisis Core screen makes me want to replay that as soon as fucking possible. I remember having my jaw hitting the floor when I saw that the first time.

But really, I can't speak about Days anymore. I think it was so traumatizing I can't remember shit about the game except not liking it. Forgive me.

Yeah, you should finish it. But I can understand, they did some horrible shit with the story. :(

I don't even remember like anything.

I remember that Genesis was a terrible character that had terrible dialogue. The loveless stuff was insuferrable.

Angeal did something I guess, no memory whatsoever.

And umm. Yeah...

Oh well at least I remember more than Dirge of Cerberus. Who wrote these?

Groof

I don't even remember like anything.

I remember that Genesis was a terrible character that had terrible dialogue. The loveless stuff was insuferrable.

Angeal did something I guess, no memory whatsoever.

And umm. Yeah...

Oh well at least I remember more than Dirge of Cerberus. Who wrote these?

Haha yeah, the only parts I actually remember are the ones that were actually from the original game. You know, the bits that actually mattered. The whole "three friends" aspect of it all was so hooooorriibleeeee and it just didn't fit in at all. Fuck Gackt and fuck Nomura. At least the game itself was pretty balling.

Dirge of Cerberus on the other hand... what?

TWEWY was wonderful, but sincerely, it was a lot more repetitive than what days could ever be.

Days added some depth to Roxas and i think they dealt with Xion in an interesting way (though, as someone said before, she's the definition of "Plot Device"). It's an awkward game, specially at the beginning, but it's worth for that ending.

And the" 3 friends" thing, it's weak, but hey, these are 3 "Hollow" humans on weird dark coats that use keys and are part of this weird clan full of douches. If i'd wake up as a (13)? year old, with no memories and i get named by this useless and deep voiced man that puts me to work for him in a pale castle i'll be as obnoxious (or even more) as Roxas and Xion. So that kinda explains it.

I don't know, after all, the story just worked. I thought replaying it would kill it for me, but it didn't. And that Scene with Xion and Axel in front of Naminé's hiding spot is glorious.

Days would have been the best game in the series if it followed the life of Vexen instead of Roxas. You'd get bullied by all the other members despite being high ranking and the only one with brains. During the game you grow to be a bitter mad scientist with your only friends being Zexion, the other nerd of the group and Lexaeus, the only one who is more disliked than you.

Ending would be heartwrenching when one of your own order murders you in cold blood. Zack death scene eat your heart out.

Other emotional trauma would occur because Xion, your own creation doesn't know about her origins and you secretly love her like your own daughter ;-;

Days would have been the best game in the series if it followed the life of Vexen instead of Roxas. You'd get bullied by all the other members despite being high ranking and the only one with brains. During the game you grow to be a bitter mad scientist with your only friends being Zexion, the other nerd of the group and Lexaeus, the only one who is more disliked than you.

Ending would be heartwrenching when one of your own order murders you in cold blood. Zack death scene eat your heart out.

Other emotional trauma would occur because Xion, your own creation doesn't know about her origins and you secretly love her like your own daughter ;-;
That's........beau-......nope, you can't make me care about Days.

Nice try though.

Groof

Days could've been fun if it didn't take itself so seriously and hadn't focused on shitty characters. Especially one that doesn't even matter.

Psxphile

Even though Nomura has said he wants to move the series forward (finally) with KHIII on consoles, I still hope that one day we'll get to play (or see) Mickey's journey in the Realm of Darkness. Especially since they kept hinting at it in the spinoffs (those out-of-context scenes in Re:Coded). Pretty sure it was supposed to be touched on in BBS Vol. 2, but... yeah.

Groof

Ah what the hell, I understand ;-;
Gimme a bro fist
sf3-ryu-ken-intro.gif

Even though Nomura has said he wants to move the series forward (finally) with KHIII on consoles, I still hope that one day we'll get to play (or see) Mickey's journey in the Realm of Darkness. Especially since they kept hinting at it in the spinoffs (those out-of-context scenes in Re:Coded). Pretty sure it was supposed to be touched on in BBS Vol. 2, but... yeah.
Side/secret missions in KH3. Or Secret Mickey Reports that chronicle them and then a spin off on the 3DS-2.

I suspect that the people who love terrible KH games because they have Roxas, a terrible character, in them are the same ones who love terrible RE games because they have Wesker, a terrible character, in them.

I suspect that the people who love terrible KH games because they have Roxas, a terrible character, in them are the same ones who love terrible RE games because they have Wesker, a terrible character, in them.

Only game Wesker was good in was CV:X and it isn't as much his character but the fact that when he shows up it is the first time in the series plot that something surprising and interesting is happening.

RE5 Wesker was bad. I don't remember much about Umbrella Chronicles :/

Then again none of the main RE games where Wesker is in are terrible. Come at me :3

Only game Wesker was good in was CV:X and it isn't as much his character but the fact that when he shows up it is the first time in the series plot that something surprising and interesting is happening.

RE5 Wesker was bad. I don't remember much about Umbrella Chronicles :/
CV:X is an okay game, but it marked the point where the RE series plot took a headlong jump into the deep end of the stupid pool.

CV:X is an okay game, but it marked the point where the RE series plot took a headlong jump into the deep end of the stupid pool.

I dunno man. CV:X is the only game in the series where I would say story is a major part of the enjoyment.

It was just so refreshingly different from the formula that was in 1, 2 and 3.

Nobody cares for Wesker. Actually, he's barely any relevant in the best RE games = 1, 2 and 3.

Groof

This is probably the best thing I've read all year. You win.

My man. Except he's pretty relevant in RE1 before that awful retcon, and RE4 is just as amazing as 1, 2, and 3, albeit in totally different ways.

RE4 is a really good game, and a needed change for the franchise (i guess), but still i can't manage to love it as the first 3. Too much action for my tastes :/ (and for Retcon, do you mean RE:Make? i think that game might be the one who gathers the best elements of a "Survival Horror" experience by far).

Said nobody ever.

I've always found that expression rather pointless, you know, i JUST SAID THAT EXACT SENTENCE. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but whatever. It's not that you can ask a RE game for some interesting villain characters.

Finished off Re:coded earlier today. Felt like it was dragging its feet towards the end which is a little awkward considering its relatively short length. The most I really took out of it was that the slight glimpse of the BbS trio at the end kinda makes me wish 3D had dealt with rescuing them.

Still feeling in a bit of a KH mood though so I might finally play Reverse/Rebirth or replay, I dunno, Aqua's story in Birth by Sleep or something.

Finished off Re:coded earlier today. Felt like it was dragging its feet towards the end which is a little awkward considering its relatively short length. The most I really took out of it was that the slight glimpse of the BbS trio at the end kinda makes me wish 3D had dealt with rescuing them.

Still feeling in a bit of a KH mood though so I might finally play Reverse/Rebirth or replay, I dunno, Aqua's story in Birth by Sleep or something.
I have though about starting KH2FM again but I had to stop myself because I wan't to play 1.5 first and play KH2FM when it releases on 2.5 :(.

Top Bottom