• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Short version: KH Goofy is closer to what I think Goofy as a character should be compared to KH Donald.

Also Goofy has dem feel moments. ''Sora ain't gonna go anywhere'' ;_;

However I still need to decide if Donald gets bonus points or minus points for having both zipper AND a belt in his fuckin hat. Never change Nomura.

Maybe Nomura has a heart and will make a 30 minute section in KH 3 where you play as Roxas and Xion as your partner inside Sora's heart.

I have said this before but I expect that Ven might inherit Roxas's memories ect and basically become the same character. Xion is coming back just because.

Groof

He'll find a way to pull them all out into the real world and have them become independent characters. Nomura doesn't give any fucks and he's not afraid to show it.

Tsunamo

Farming for Re:CoM enemy cards gets so tedious towards the end. It takes so long for me to get most of them, even with the map cards that increase your chances (although I only have 9 more to go, so I'm getting there)
You Heartless Human being u_u
i bet you cried your eyes out when Xion vanished into memory pieces u_u
I was pretty sad when she vanished in the Japanese version when I couldn't understand a word, but the dub was a whole other story.
He'll find a way to pull them all out into the real world and have them become independent characters. Nomura doesn't give any fucks and he's not afraid to show it.
Yeah, I expect Nomura to somehow make this happen, no matter how ridiculous it turns out.

I was pretty sad when she vanished in the Japanese version when I couldn't understand a word, but the dub was a whole other story.

Oh, you didn't like the dub? I honestly found no problem with it... besides from the "who else will i have ice cream with"...

Groof

So what if... get this... right, okay... what if!

Just if!

Donald and Goofy get their own keyblades.

Holy smokes.

Groof

"Everybody gets Keyblades!"
-Tetsuya Nomura, said after a late-night sake binge party

449.gif

Psxphile

It's fun to imagine what Nomura's state of mind was in when he came up with some of the plot concepts for the series:

"No, you see... he's Sora but he isn't. He's actually someone else, but he's not!"
-Tetsuya Nomura, muttering to himself while passed out on the crapper.

"Of, of course. TIME TRAVEL!"
-Tetsuya Nomura, overheard at the annual Lightning-themed Toriyama Sleepover Jamboree.

It does? I can't remember....

During the Xemnas battle.

I'm going to be very cross if this part isn't voiced in 2.5.

Groof

Sometimes it all feels like a twisted personal experiment to see how far he can take it before people say no. An aspiring Kojima-natic.

It wouldn't even surprise me if the end of it all was Sora being woken up by his mum yelling that it's time for dinner in his bed after a nap realizing it all was a dream.

Psxphile

It's just an idea to not have two identical looking characters active at the same time. Just gotta wait and see what happens with these characters.

The DDD intro movie hints at where they're going with this. They're fighting abilities couldn't be more different (for Keyblade users, that is). And it's not like the Japanese are adverse to same-face syndrome. Same-hair, on the other hand... could be problematic. I expect one of them (Roxas) to undergo an extreme make-over if it comes to pass.

Maybe he'll dye his hair brown...

also

Banned
It's just an idea to not have two identical looking characters active at the same time. Just gotta wait and see what happens with these characters.

They are not really identical. Their faces are supposed to be slightly different, although they used the same model in DDD due to time constraints, they have different clothes and Ven has his own way of holding the keyblade.
DDD explicitely states they are separate persons, why would they change this? And why would Roxas merge with Ven anyway? He is Sora's Nobody, not Ven's.
Also, it's not like the series has problems with using really similar models *cough* Vanitas *cough*.

They are not really identical. Their faces are supposed to be slightly different, although they used the same model in DDD due to time constraints, they have different clothes and Ven has his own way of holding the keyblade.
DDD explicitely states they are separate persons, why would they change this? And why would Roxas merge with Ven anyway? He is Sora's Nobody, not Ven's.
Also, it's not like the series has problems with using really similar models *cough* Vanitas *cough*.

I didn't say Roxas will ''merge'' with Ven. I think Ven might inherit Roxas's memories due to the link he has with him. This is if they don't bring Roxas back for reals (honestly, I hope not because that just doesn't feel right for me and it would just ruin the whole bitterness of the character).

The ''new Ven'' would basically be a little closer to Roxas in personality (not as kiddy as BBS Ven) and just have his memories but still be Ven. Roxas would continue to not be a real character anymore.

But this is only if Roxas doesn't come back.

One little thing that has me believing this too is how they set up Leas friendship with Ven in BBS. The whole point in that is to reflect Axels friendship with Roxas.

Question time again.

So, when Xehanort spawned Xemnas and Ansem, SoD, what happened to Xehanort? Like, his body? Did he just become a lifeless shell, or did the being Xehanort cease to exist, instead living on in Ansem, SoD and Xemnas? Still a bit confused on that part. I know that when Ansem, SoD and Xemnas are eventually destroyed, it triggers the return of Master Xehanort.

Roxas and Ventus are completely different characters.
They only look alike, but they are completely different.
I think Nomura is planning something like this at the end of KH III:

Sora, Riku, Kairi Finally together
Mickey, Donald, Goofy Finally together (for reals)
Ventus, Aqua, Terra Finally together
Roxas, Axel, Xion Finally together

Question time again.

So, when Xehanort spawned Xemnas and Ansem, SoD, what happened to Xehanort? Like, his body? Did he just become a lifeless shell, or did the being Xehanort cease to exist, instead living on in Ansem, SoD and Xemnas? Still a bit confused on that part. I know that when Ansem, SoD and Xemnas are eventually destroyed, it triggers the return of Master Xehanort.

Old Master Xehanorts body has been MIA since BBS so we don't really know how that fits into any of this, just saying this right here.

Apprentice Xehanort (Terras body posessed by Xehanort that is the source for Xemnas+Ansem) gets separated to a heartless and a nobody. Xemnas is basically Terras body but still infulenced by Xehanort.

As to why it was Master Xehanort and not Apprentice Xehanort who got restored... no friggin clue. I have speculated before that it actually might all be a setup for a lame plottwist in later games that the Master Xehanort we have now isn't the real current Xehanort but that is going for pure speculation grounds. Impossible to tell what is going on in Nomuras head.

If Master Xehanort really has returned then I guess the body of Apprentice Xehanort would have gone back to Terra. We don't know how that fits into all of this yet tho...

Old Master Xehanorts body has been MIA since BBS so we don't really know how that fits into any of this, just saying this right here.

Apprentice Xehanort (Terras body posessed by Xehanort that is the source for Xemnas+Ansem) gets separated to a heartless and a nobody. Xemnas is basically Terras body but still infulenced by Xehanort.

As to why it was Master Xehanort and not Apprentice Xehanort who got restored... no friggin clue. I have speculated before that it actually might all be a setup for a lame plottwist in later games that the Master Xehanort we have now isn't the real current Xehanort but that is going for pure speculation grounds. Impossible to tell what is going on in Nomuras head.

If Master Xehanort really has returned then I guess the body of Apprentice Xehanort would have gone back to Terra. We don't know how that fits into all of this yet tho...

So Terra-Xehanort ceased to exist when Xemnas and Ansem, SoD were created?
If possible, I just need to know if that's the case (or likely case).

Youngblade said:
I think Nomura is planning something like this at the end of KH III:

Sora, Riku, Kairi Finally together
Mickey, Donald, Goofy Finally together (for reals)
Ventus, Aqua, Terra Finally together
Roxas, Axel, Xion Finally together

And what about poor Namine?

Why can't I just edit? *sigh*

Seda

Question time again.

Here's how I think of it in my head, basically the same thing that Napalm said:

1.) Old Master Xehanort transfers his heart to Terra, creating Terra-Xehanort. What happens to Old Master Xehanort's body? No idea. Terra-Xehanort locks Terra's heart, so that the new body is basically a new Xehanort.

2.) Terra-Xehanort essentially splits into Ansem SOD and Xemnas. At this point Terra-Xehanort doesn't exist, or rather, he exists as Ansem SOD and Xemnas now.

3.)When Ansem SOD and Xemnas are defeated, it brings back Old Master Xehanort. Why it brings back Old Master Xehanort and not Terra-Xehanort is a mystery. Also a mystery is where the heck Terra's body (and heart) are currently.

Groof

Roxas and Ventus are completely different characters.
They only look alike, but they are completely different.

This is... It's... UGH

McNum

Just wait till Xion gets a nobody, Groof.
Nomura will find a way ;)
But she's already a Nobody... I wonder if she has a corresponding Heartless? Isn't her Heartless missing in action? I mean, it's complicated with her, to say it mildly, but for every Nobody, there's a Heartless and the other way around, right? So where did it go?

But she's already a Nobody... I wonder if she has a corresponding Heartless? Isn't her Heartless missing in action? I mean, it's complicated with her, to say it mildly, but for every Nobody, there's a Heartless and the other way around, right? So where did it go?
Xion's heartless is Sora who actually turns out to be a Nobody of Xehanort

KH 3 YEEEEEAHHHHHH

McNum

Xion's heartless is Sora who actually turns out to be a Nobody of Xehanort

KH 3 YEEEEEAHHHHHH
Sora is also Roxas' Heartless. Unless... Roxas is Ventus' Nobody? Oh, wow, can you imagine trying to make a pronounceable name out of Ventus + X? Or maybe Sora just casually breaks the rules of the universe as he's known to do. He's dumb enough about it to not realize he's doing something impossible on a daily basis.

Kingdom Hearts has a weird story... Which is part of the fun.

So now that we know that SE has been axing some projects can we expect KH3 to be cancelled? :)
I am 99% sure that one of those canceled projects was TWEWY 2
Fuck Square Enix.
Sora is also Roxas' Heartless. Unless... Roxas is Ventus' Nobody? Oh, wow, can you imagine trying to make a pronounceable name out of Ventus + X? Or maybe Sora just casually breaks the rules of the universe as he's known to do. He's dumb enough about it to not realize he's doing something impossible on a daily basis.

Kingdom Hearts has a weird story... Which is part of the fun.
Ventux or Xentus lol
Nomura is just cray

Top Bottom