• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

I would die so much inside if Xbone got something KH related. I hate the anti-consumerist shit so much I will never buy the console unless they take away most of the restrictions, but ignoring a KH game would be so ridiculously hard. I bought 3DS for DDD and will some day buy PSP for BBS.
Don't worry about it, there won't be any games for XBone let alone KH games

Don't worry about it, there won't be any games for XBone let alone KH games
Was it 15 exclusive games with 8 new IP?

Thats 15-8=7

Every one of those seven games has fifty-fifty chance of being a Kingdom Hearts title (either they are or they are not).

50%x50%x50%x50%x50%x50%x50%=781250000000% chance of an exclusive KH game within THE FIRST YEAR!

So possibly 2.5 will be Xbox exclusive. Hopefully not 3.

Was it 15 exclusive games with 8 new IP?

Thats 15-8=7

Every one of those seven games has fifty-fifty chance of being a Kingdom Hearts title (either they are or they are not).

50%x50%x50%x50%x50%x50%x50%=781250000000% chance of an exclusive KH game within THE FIRST YEAR!

So possibly 2.5 will be Xbox exclusive. Hopefully not 3.
Hahaha I don't think your math is right. 50/50 implies there are only 2 options, but those 7 games are existing IPs.

Crackdown, Halo, Gears, Forza, Banjo, Fable, Kinect Sports.

No room for KH :p

EDIT: not to mention the fact that XOne will sell a total of One unit in Japan. I bet square doesn't touch Xbox with a ten foot pole

aravuus

It's true though, Xbone will probably sell morbidly low in Japan and will never get JRPGs. So in short... I really don't need to get it now that Halo has gone to shit too. Those were the two reasons I got it. Halo and a few exclusive JRPGs.

TheMink

So you're saying there's a chance?

izC2csiy1aoZr.gif

Joqu

Speaking of x things, is anyone here looking forward to the brand new addition to the Kingdom Hearts franchise: Kingdom Hearts X? No? Okay.

1.5 Remix should be good but 2.5 is going to be godly. Easily will be one of my most anticipated titles when it's officially announced.

I'm convinced the industry has been running on gamer tears the last few months I expect it to have vanilla KH2, playable Re:Coded and cutscenes of vanilla BBS.

Anyone that has the import of ReMix 1.5 HD, what does the manual and disc art look like? Is the manual color at least?

The manual is nice and colorful (And honestly a little thicker than I would have imagined). It's pretty much two manuals in one; The KH1 Final Mix section is from page 6 to 29, and Re:Com's manual is from page 30 to 46. Days has a small little section in the last few pages, as well.

RPGCrazied

http://i.imgur.com/3qbvS1r.jpg[IMG]

It is a total of 52 pages. They are all in color. I bet it will be less than half of that and in black and white for the US release.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that is nice. But yeah, I bet NA gets a black an white one, with a Kingdom Hearts logo on the disc, no art.

Wazzy

Banned
I just started playing KH:3D again. I stopped near the end of the game because I couldn't beat the last boss so I decided to start grinding but it unfortunately killed my interest in the game for a while. Now with E3 coming up and the possibility of more KH, I thought I would try and finish the game.

I'm on proud mode, does anyone recommend what level I should be to beat the last boss? I'm 38 with Sora and 33 with Riku and I'm using Aura Lion rank D(Yeah I hadn't realized rank mattered at the time I made him), rank B keeba tiger and I'm working on a third partner(I'm using the deer) which is probably between Ryu dragon or the Tyranto Rex

Soriku

I just started playing KH:3D again. I stopped near the end of the game because I couldn't beat the last boss so I decided to start grinding but it unfortunately killed my interest in the game for a while. Now with E3 coming up and the possibility of more KH, I thought I would try and finish the game.

I'm on proud mode, does anyone recommend what level I should be to beat the last boss? I'm 38 with Sora and 33 with Riku and I'm using Aura Lion rank D(Yeah I hadn't realized rank mattered at the time I made him), rank B keeba tiger and I'm working on a third partner(I'm using the deer) which is probably between Ryu dragon or the Tyranto Rex

Grind to lvl 37 with Riku. Use multiple Balloongas if you can and multiple heal spells. Meteor Crash might not be a bad idea either. Second Chance and Once More are obviously recommended.

Wazzy

Banned
Grind to lvl 37 with Riku. Use multiple Balloongas if you can and multiple heal spells. Meteor Crash might not be a bad idea either. Second Chance and Once More are obviously recommended.

Thanks! Is the easiest way to get Brilliant Fantasy by doing that Kab Kannon trick? What about Epic Fantasy?

Soriku

Thanks! Is the easiest way to get Brilliant Fantasy by doing that Kab Kannon trick? What about Epic Fantasy?

For Brilliant you can just do that trick or use the three Special Portals in TWTNW on Riku's side. For Epic, use these portals:

Prankster's Paradise, Special Portals 4, 5 and 6
Country of the Musketeers, Special Portals 4, 5 and 6
Symphony of Sorcery, Special Portals 4 and 5

I'm home! Found the game and the Hori screen protector for my Vita in my bed, calling for me. This game looks amazing nnngh

My KH challenge has just started!
Currently playing KH1.
Chose the Wand, got rid of the Shield.
2:07 in, at level 7.
Beat the guard armor, next up is Olympus Coliseum just to get Thunder, and then exploring the rest of Traverse Town to get more items.

I'm home! Found the game and the Hori screen protector for my Vita in my bed, calling for me. This game looks amazing nnngh

My KH challenge has just started!
Currently playing KH1.
Chose the Wand, got rid of the Shield.
2:07 in, at level 7.
Beat the guard armor, next up is Olympus Coliseum just to get Thunder, and then exploring the rest of Traverse Town to get more items.
Nice job bro :)

Good man.
Couldn't be any different.

Got Thunder, got all the items in Traverse Town, including the ones I usually left alone for the keyhole quest. I didn't even know you could climb the stairs behind the gizmo shop before being required to do so.
Now I cleared Wonderland and got most of the stuff there, and the next step is Deep Jungle.

New trophies obtained:
Clear gummi mission 1 (Only one of them needed, nice :D)
Customized the ship
Closed Wonderland's keyhole.

... you guys don't mind if I keep posting my progress here, right?

Got Thunder, got all the items in Traverse Town, including the ones I usually left alone for the keyhole quest. I didn't even know you could climb the stairs behind the gizmo shop before being required to do so.
Now I cleared Wonderland and got most of the stuff there, and the next step is Deep Jungle.

New trophies obtained:
Customized the ship

Grrrr

New trophies obtained:
Customized the ship

Haha I don't mind, keep it coming :)

Seda

Okay, I got into a little debate with PsychoNinja here on GAF. Was wondering what you guys think.

I claim that <Ansem: Seeker of Darkness actually being the heartless of Xehanort> is a retcon. I don't believe there is anything in Kingdom Hearts 1 (Vanilla) that indicated or hinted at such.

In Kingdom Hearts 2, Mickey tells us "That Ansem wasn't really Ansem", he was "just telling everybody he was". And then the Ansem Reports in this game tell us that (most of) the original set of Ansem reports in KH1 were actually written by Xehanort.

Psycho claims it's not a retcon and was planned. Ansem SOD in KH1 was planned to be the Heartless of Ansem's apprentice from the beginning.

Thoughts?

That said, retcons don't actually bother me.

botty

Banned
Deep Dive suggests it was planned. The whole part about stealing Ansem's name seems like such a pointless act on Terranort's part, though.

actually I was mixing some of the notes from The Gathering with DD.

Seda

Hmm, all I remember from Deep Dive is are hints of Nobodies and Organization XIII.

EDIT: I saw your edit, I rewatched Deep Dive, and yes it mentions Nobodies and hints and things like Organization XIII and Roxas of course but nothing about Ansem the Wise or Apprentices.

So is there anything in the first game that hints at Xehanort at all? I mean, Nomura may have wanted to make Ansem Seeker of Darkness something that we didn't expect from the get go, but I don't think anything in KH1 (Vanilla) teases this.

Soriku

I don't think anything was said about Ansem SoD being a Heartless in KH1. Just that he was a "researcher". I think him being a Heartless came later.

Of course Deep Dive references Org XIII and Nobodies and stuff so it may have been planned. Because Xehanort would need a Heartless and Nobody.

Top Bottom