• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Skii

Can't wait for this. Probably one of the only few that prefers KH2 to KH1 simply because of the improved combat.

I did feel however that the normal difficulty was a bit too easy. Should I go for critical for my next playthrough? Or would that be a bit too difficult especially considering I'm only going through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on normal.

SerTapTap

Much as I love the DS4 I never considered it worth trying to bother with on PS3, the improvements to the games it works in aren't worth the fact it's not an acceptable primary controller on the console.

Do the Standard Edition and Standard PS3 case inside the Limited Edition both have the same UPC? My Amazon LE isn't even in my city yet and was hoping I could pick up a copy at Best Buy so I can play it today.

I saw the Limited Edition at Best Buy yesterday when I was picking up Freedom Wars and mannnnnnnnn it looked so good. I wish I had ordered one.

Bladenic

Just checked my order status and it's actually out for delivery now despite the estimate being tomorrow I'M SO EXCITED OMG

KiteGr

Censored? What exactly was censored? All I know of is
Axel's suicide attack
Can always google it.
When Sora battles the Hydra in Olympus Coliseum, green blood gushes out whenever Sora harms it. The green blood was changed to black and purple smoke in the English version, though the cutscene where Hercules was fighting it retains the green blood. The reason for this change is unknown, as even the original movie had the green blood.
Xigbar's telescopic sight was changed from view with a crosshair and black shading around the sides to three glowing circles.

An attack animation was also altered; in the Japanese version, Xigbar combined his two hand-held guns to create a sniper rifle, which was used to shoot the player's party during the telescoping sight sequence. In the English version, Xigbar does not combine his guns, but twirls them around and shoots at Sora with a single gun, holding the other at his side.
The death of Axel is slightly edited; in the original Japanese version, he bursts into flames during his suicide attack, and the flames are consuming his body as he fades away.

Port Royal contains the most content edits. Cutscenes were edited to remove some of the violence, such as Will Turner threatening to commit suicide while aiming a gun at his head. While he still threatens to commit suicide, he does not aim a gun at his head.

Undead Pirates do not catch fire when affected by Fire magic, though the Grim Reaper still does (Trying to light pirates on fire results in them running around smoking instead of burning). The pirate's muskets were modified to resemble crossbows, though the crossbows still fire with an audible musket shot sound effect. Also, whenever Sora's party is hit by fire attacks, they briefly catch on fire.

In the original Japanese version, the blood on the cursed medallions remains throughout the game, but disappears after Barbossa and Will drop them into the chest. However, if one looks closely, blood is visible on the medallion while Sora is holding it.

In the Japanese version, when Jack Sparrow is stabbed by Barbossa, the sword sticks out of his chest as he staggers back into the moonlight. In the English version, the sword has been removed.

Dialogue in Port Royal was also edited: when Barbossa tells Elizabeth of their curse, he mentions lust and women, which is removed in the English version and replaced by "pleasurable company," this is, however, more in line with the movie.

Playing this on Critical Mode for the first time.. yall got any tips?

Which weapon should I choose?

Start off the journey in the darkness and end in the morning?

halp

Psxphile

Was there an expectation that we'd be getting the uncensored version? You lacking knowledge is not really a good excuse.

Eh, I wasn't expecting it but I definitely hoped SE wouldn't follow through a second time. Some of those changes are just asinine. Fortunately, it doesn't dull my enjoyment of the game too much. Just one of those things you kinda wish didn't have to be.

Caladrius

#TeamShield

Well, there's zero reason to pick anything but shield, so there's no point in teams this time!

Playing this on Critical Mode for the first time.. yall got any tips?

Which weapon should I choose?

Start off the journey in the darkness and end in the morning?

halp

Play it safe and take advantage of your ranged magic. Magnet, Thunder and Reflect should be stuck to your shortcuts wherever possible because they're that good in crowds.

Shield shield shield shield shield. It learns all but a few of the best abilities earliest.

And there's no experience modifiers in this game or BBS.

Well, there's zero reason to pick anything but shield, so there's no point in teams this time!

Play it safe and take advantage of your ranged magic. Magnet, Thunder and Reflect should be stuck to your shortcuts wherever possible because they're that good in crowds.

Shield shield shield shield shield. It learns all but a few of the best abilities earliest.

And there's no experience modifiers in this game or BBS.

..Should I do some grinding at the beginning? I don't remember if
any EXP you get with Roxas goes towards Sora when you switch

Psxphile

Do we have actual confirmations that the original NA KH2 (and BBS too) censoring/alterations is intact in HD ReMIX? As mentioned earlier Xaldin keeps the modified crosshairs but he does actually combine his guns into a sniper rifle this time, unlike before.

Do we have actual confirmations that the original NA KH2 (and BBS too) censoring/alterations is intact in HD ReMIX? As mentioned earlier Xaldin keeps the modified crosshairs but he does actually combine his guns into a sniper rifle this time, unlike before.

There is a playtrough on youtube and the only thing different from NA version is Xiggys gun.

Dominator

Really want this but I know I won't play it for awhile, and now since SE are thinking about PS4/Xbox One versions I'll hold off for at least a year.

Well that settles that then. BBS too, right? Specifically that part with the Queen from Snow White. I don't remember what else was changed.

Yeah. I don't honestly even know if the Queen thing is censorship more than they doing something that fits the character better. They kept it in the japanese release of Final Mix after all. I prefer the english version.

Marcel

Really want this but I know I won't play it for awhile, and now since SE are thinking about PS4/Xbox One versions I'll hold off for at least a year.

Short of remaking all the games in the KH3 engine, I don't see the benefit of buying KH1.5/2.5 for PS4.

Caladrius

..Should I do some grinding at the beginning? I don't remember if
any EXP you get with Roxas goes towards Sora when you switch

It will carry over
. You don't need to do any grinding from my experience, but if you're having a lot of problems with the early fights you might want to.

Picked up my copy at lunch, may start it later tonight... I have to ask though, and I'm sure it's been mentioned, what the hell is the point of the LE big ass box? Ok, fine, you need to fit the pin, but does it really have to be that tall? Come on, Square-Enix, get it together.

Marcel

Picked up my copy at lunch, may start it later tonight... I have to ask though, and I'm sure it's been mentioned, what the hell is the point of the LE big ass box? Ok, fine, you need to fit the pin, but does it really have to be that tall? Come on, Square-Enix, get it together.

I think box sizes are the least of Square-Enix's problems at the moment.

Top Bottom