• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Mecha

Is the difficulty higher on normal KH2FM? The original run was mind-numbingly easy. Literally no use for summons.

If you want a difficulty that isn't easy and gives you a use for summons play on at least critical, but level 1 critical is preferred.

Yeah, I would have preferred an art book probably.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy this game now or hold off for later. I'm getting a PS4 this week and quite a few other games (plus, I'm still playing a lot of Smash Bros). I just have a feeling it'll sit for a couple months unplayed and I could have just waited for it to be $20.

SerTapTap

Perfectly sane... Unless you're planning a Lv.1 Critical run, lol
I find KH games adaptable. Start off hard, but then you get used to the difficulty as you play.

No level 1 runs for me, I like the sound of critical as long as it's not super crazy which it sounds like it isn't.

Anyone contemplatnig Critical - just do it. They're all doable. Naturally the optional bosses are all cheap and might as well just one shot you at times.

Despite how many times I've played the KH games, I've never played any of them on Critical. Proud is what I usually do... How much harder is Critical (regular, not level 1) compared to Proud? I don't want to be too frustrated and get 1-shot all the time.

NAPK1NS

If you want a difficulty that isn't easy and gives you a use for summons play on at least critical, but level 1 critical is preferred.
Thanks for the advice, but I don't enjoy ripping my hair out over games. KHFM normal made me a little aggravated as is. Some of the bosses (Ursula) were a total pain. I just want something a little tougher so I don't go on auto pilot.

RPGCrazied

Despite how many times I've played the KH games, I've never played any of them on Critical. Proud is what I usually do... How much harder is Critical (regular, not level 1) compared to Proud? I don't want to be too frustrated and get 1-shot all the time.

From what I heard everything has more HP, and hit harder, but you also do more damage. I guess its all about dodging at the right times. I'm doing Proud first just to relive the story.

Not that much harder. It feels like a natural step up if that makes sense.

From what I heard everything has more HP, and hit harder, but you also do more damage. I guess its all about dodging at the right times. I'm doing Proud first just to relive the story.

Enemies still have same HP. They do double damage and you only get half the max HP and MP ups compared to other modes. You start with 50 AP and bunch of extra abilities.

sn00zer

Thanks for the advice, but I don't enjoy ripping my hair out over games. KHFM normal made me a little aggravated as is. Some of the bosses (Ursula) were a total pain. I just want something a little tougher so I don't go on auto pilot.
KH2 normal is a joke and not fun at all...havent played higher difficulties yet though
I always though KH1 has one of the best normal difficulties ever

Not that much harder. It feels like a natural step up if that makes sense.

Hmm thanks. I wish the Kingdom Hearts games let you change the difficulty after you start it. Would make it easier to test if I like a certain difficulty mode without getting too far into the game and not wanting to start over again.

Mecha

Anyone contemplatnig Critical - just do it. They're all doable. Naturally the optional bosses are all cheap and might as well just one shot you at times.

Unless you are super underleveled nothing kills you in one hit on critical. A few optional bosses can one hit you at level 1, but they are perfectly possible to beat.

DSix

Banned

If you're the kind of player who never grind/farm (like me), you'll get one-shoted by a few boss attacks, but it's nothing that a little patience and a good guard timing can't solve.

Jigolo

Oh man guys on the main menu. The music is wonderful like last years game. My god navigating the main menu works flawlessly with DS4 but it has to be plugged in.

GAF answer me this, standard or proud? (Never played this game before only 1.5 HD)

Oh man guys on the main menu. The music is wonderful like last years game. My god navigating the main menu works flawlessly with DS4 but it has to be plugged in.

GAF answer me this, standard or proud? (Never played this game before only 1.5 HD)
Critical for KH2. Proud for BBS (unless you want Platinum on 1 playtrough)

Critical on BBS is just a boring mess compared to KH2 :(

So... maybe I'm just not remembering things right but some of the new scenes I believe they might have new voice actors...

I just got Sora back and headed to Yensid's tower, however there was a new scene with Namine, Axel and Hooded figure (at least I think its new, I don't remember this in the original KH2 and its been a long time since I played FM+) and it was actually voiced, main thing I want to bring up here is that while The hooded figure (hodded figure/ansem voice) and Axel sounded perfectly fine, Namine sounded completely different and lacked emotion, it came across as very stale. Did anyone else notice a difference or have any idea if this is a new scene and if so if they did change the voice actor (for namine) for this scene or am I just crazy?

Weird they couldn't put the peekabo window on the front of the case for the pin, like you can really see it when its on the back, and they easily could have put a softcover artbook in there with all that space.

Really wish 2.5 had an artbook case like 1.5 did, but oh well.

I'm with you on that one, at least they would have matched on my shelf.

go critical or go home
Sounds like the way to go this time.

So... maybe I'm just not remembering things right but some of the new scenes I believe they might have new voice actors...

I just got Sora back and headed to Yensid's tower, however there was a new scene with Namine, Axel and Hooded figure (at least I think its new, I don't remember this in the original KH2 and its been a long time since I played FM+) and it was actually voiced, main thing I want to bring up here is that while The hooded figure (hodded figure/ansem voice) and Axel sounded perfectly fine, Namine sounded completely different and lacked emotion, it came across as very stale. Did anyone else notice a difference or have any idea if this is a new scene and if so if they did change the voice actor (for namine) for this scene or am I just crazy?

Namine is the only VA they replaced and that is the only new scene with her.

Tirod

That is indeed a new scene, and yes, Namine has a new voice actress. It's not Brittany Snow in new scenes. :(

If you're the kind of player who never grind/farm (like me), you'll get one-shoted by a few boss attacks, but it's nothing that a little patience and a good guard timing can't solve.

I actually do grind/farm a bit in the KH games because I enjoy the combat, so maybe it wouldn't be a big issue for me after all, lol.

Banzai

I know it's been said a bunch of times now, but play on critical mode, people! It really makes the combat system shine while proud still feels like mostly button mashing.

The Survival abilities are the same, anyway, so it never gets impossible (choose shield in the beginning).

Tirod

It's a missed opportunity that Aerith and Cid didn't get new voices for this release.

Cid is bearable. Aerith is the true crime. :lol

I was so confused when I was younger. I had no idea how that voice got the okay to be shipped with the game.

Betty

Banned
Let's just be thankful in a game with so many characters, only one sounds epically bad.

I blame the direction she got though.

Oh right, what do people recommend choosing at the beginning of KH2? Shield? In most of my playthroughs, I chose the Sword, lol. Shield gets you Second Chance/Once More earlier doesn't it?

Kinsei

Banned
Someone cancelled their pre-order yesterday so I walked out with a limited edition! Now it's time for me to start reliving the best two KH games!

Groof

Wait, this is out? Why hasn't my game shipped yet? Come oooooooooon Amazoooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn

gosox333

I remember I got so addicted to melding commands that when I played BBS on critical I was hilariously overleveled by the end, and nothing about any of the three stories was even hard.

Maybe whenever I play this I'll put the lvl 1 thing on.

aravuus

Hmm thanks. I wish the Kingdom Hearts games let you change the difficulty after you start it. Would make it easier to test if I like a certain difficulty mode without getting too far into the game and not wanting to start over again.

Yep, it's a bummer you can't change it later on

I always end up playing on the default difficulty cause I'm afraid the harder ones could get frustrating lol

DS4 works plugged in? It doesn't have that weird completely dead up right and up left like 1.5 did?

Yup. Shield is by far the ''best'' choise in KH2FM if you want to make it easier.

Shield, son, always shield.

That's what I thought, lol.

Yep, it's a bummer you can't change it later on

I always end up playing on the default difficulty cause I'm afraid the harder ones could get frustrating lol

Yeah, I feel the same way honestly. I wouldn't want to get like halfway through the game and then start hating it because of being one-shotted on bosses. That's my only worry and why I never tried Critical before.

Top Bottom