• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

To everyone complaining about the SRK medal and how awful the global version is, you do know that Japan had basically the same requirements for the TVA medal for which we didn't need to guilt anything?
Did they have M&B at the time though?

These MoG quests got so much easier with the J&S medal. Like goddamn, this thing is a monster

Falk

that puzzling face
All I can say is just because the original JP side did it doesn't make it any less an in-your-face whalebaiting neon sign.

I mean, personally I don't really care. If other people want to pay for the game so I don't have to, I'm completely fine with that. I don't have to get every medal under the sun. I'll just progress at my own pace

What *does* rustle my jimmies as far as UX goes is the competitive modes, because 5k for the lowest tier of the prize vs the size of the playerbase just makes it increasingly f2p unfriendly in a rich-get-richer way.

also

Banned

These MoG quests got so much easier with the J&S medal. Like goddamn, this thing is a monster
I don't know, nor do I know how easy it would be to have 6 of them on hand to guilt a premium.

All I can say is just because the original JP side did it doesn't make it any less an in-your-face whalebaiting neon sign.

I mean, personally I don't really care. If other people want to pay for the game so I don't have to, I'm completely fine with that. I don't have to get every medal under the sun. I'll just progress at my own pace

What *does* rustle my jimmies as far as UX goes is the competitive modes, because 5k for the lowest tier of the prize vs the size of the playerbase just makes it increasingly f2p unfriendly in a rich-get-richer way.

I just mentioned it because I got the feeling the conversation was going in the "JP has it so much better" direction.

Lnds500

They did have them. Not to mention that they could have had a "iTerra comes with 3pips" promo like they sometimes do. Not sure it happened, but it could.

I don't know, nor do I know how easy it would be to have 6 of them on hand to guilt a premium.

I just mentioned it because I got the feeling the conversation was going in the "JP has it so much better" direction.

Fairly easy and certainly much easier than what we have.

And JP does have it so much better. Doesn't even compare.

Sölf

Well, the new Event Coin thingy is rather easy, but I can't beat the group of 3 in 1 turn. Even the level 200 one would die if everything proccs.

But the HSC... no way. I reached 1,5 million barely. I only have 7% bonus myself and can get to 28% with a shared iSora. But I die at the 210 planes. No way in hell I will get anything decent in here.

Malyse

JP 5 Million DL campaign.

• November 2 to December 1 – Receive 3,000 Jewels as a bonus for logging in.
  • November 1 to November 6 – Daily present quests to receive items such as the “Broom Servants,” “Skip Tickets,” etc.
  • November 1 to December 1 – Receive a “Mickey TR Version” exclusive medal as a weekly log-in bonus. If you log-in every week during the campaign period, you’ll receive a total of five.
  • Disney Princess Month – November is Disney Princess Month. Disney Princess Avatar Boards will appear weekly in November. The first princess is Cinderella, followed by Ariel, Jasmine, and Bell.

The irony is that they only celebrate in Japan when it's 5 Million downloads worldwide.

Razmos

I look forward to getting absolutely zero of that. Screw the global version of this game, seriously lol.

I've completely given up. They almost had me with the free Jack medal, but all the bullshit since has ruined this game for me, since it doesn't look like there will be any changes for the better on the horizon

Skittles

I look forward to getting absolutely zero of that. Screw the global version of this game, seriously lol.

I've completely given up. They almost had me with the free Jack medal, but all the bullshit since has ruined this game for me, since it doesn't look like there will be any changes for the better on the horizon
the only two things that have happened were that one ridiculous event and the J&S thing, but the latter was fixed a few days after

man ht goofy was well worth the investment. got to 10.5 mil just running through the HSC with a 14% multi. the ht medals were definitely a boost.

up to 9 pulls with no ikairi, looks like i won't be able to get both boards this time :(

edit: The event quests are slowly starting to hit a happy medium of difficulty vs time. Past events were wayyyyy too easy and recent events were way too grindy. This latest one seems to be a bit better, but still a little too grindy.

Sölf

How realistically is it that we will get ~2400 jewels in the next 10 days? I have around 3200 now and would like to do another iKairi pull and get one of the boards. But not sure if I can get enough jewels without buying some. D:

Razmos

nothing has happened since then though?
The terrible high score challenge with a wall of ridiculous level 250 enemies

Locking a ridiculously powerful medal behind said high score challenge, making the strong even stronger and forcing other players further behind

the level 500 enemy challenge

The frankly insulting conditions to get a special medal, by guilting a premium medal that would take 70 10 pulls to get guaranteed. And requiring you to do this 3 times in order to guilt said special medal (210 10 pulls!)

And now awesome free stuff that we most probably aren't getting.

This game had always been a total moneygrab but it's getting fucking ridiculous. And their refusal to add in Mickey and Brooms to help those players who don't spend ridiculous amounts of money just shows that they like it this way and won't change it so long as people keep whaling.

It's not hard to see why people are quitting this game and I'm honestly surprised I didn't do it earlier.

Famassu

Well, if they continue the weekly jewels + bonuses quests that total 1400 jewels in 7 days, we should still be able to get 2000 jewels from jewel quests alone in 10 days. Add to that daily logins and it's totally possible.

I did 4 iKairi banner pulls and didn't nab her. I don't have enough to do 6 more, but I can do one more (two if I choose to ignore getting an avatar board). Seeing as how I won't be hitting 10 for the guarantee, it seems like 2 Score Bonus banner pulls may be a better choice, since she's in that medal pool. Thoughts?

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, on one hand honestly any comparisons for the global version should be vs. 7 months into the life of the JP version.

On the other I do feel like there has to be a push towards parity especially considering KH mainline games seem to be pushing towards a more concurrent global release.

I'm in the boat that thinks J&S SHOULD have been nerfed, but they basically painted their own destiny with that one with the erroneous announcement - the medal IS ridiculously broken right now vs where people's power levels at are in global, because it's essentially 4 tiers of buff/debuff for 4 gauges on 2nd turn onwards, so all the effort people put into nabbing one has to be awarded with what was advertised, etc.

edit: The event quests are slowly starting to hit a happy medium of difficulty vs time. Past events were wayyyyy too easy and recent events were way too grindy. This latest one seems to be a bit better, but still a little too grindy.

Agreed. Halloween event #2 was like... do the hardest one with 9 pumpkins for 120 event coins - wait what

Psxphile

Well, if they continue the weekly jewels + bonuses quests that total 1400 jewels in 7 days, we should still be able to get 2000 jewels from jewel quests alone in 10 days. Add to that daily logins and it's totally possible.

We have maintenance coming up on the 6th. Not expecting much jewels as compensation, but it'll still be something. Betting on 600 but expecting them to cheap out at 300.

I wonder what they'll cherry-pick from the JP 1.4.0 update and deem worthy to bestow upon us?

CRS

We have maintenance coming up on the 6th. Not expecting much jewels as compensation, but it'll still be something. Betting on 600 but expecting them to cheap out at 300.

I wonder what they'll cherry-pick from the JP 1.4.0 update and deem worthy to bestow upon us?
Just the new icon.

Malyse

worst timeline

And about that: seems pretty strange to use that so soon when we've yet to meet Skuld proper in-game. I don't remember if it was the same with Ephemer(a), doesn't feel like it was.

No a. The [chi] credits call him Ephemer.

And Skuld da bes.

tumblr_o6lgumSJSq1qm6dm2o1_500.jpg

NA is gonna look really goddamn stupid if the fact that Skuld is the only character with brown eyes instead of blue is a major plot point.

So I can easily clear this new Event Coin thing and 1-turn everything... but my phone has like a 25% chance of crashing whenever I defeat one of those giant Shadows. =/

Those particle effects really do a number on my phone. I really need to upgrade soon...

(I did manage to 3-Mickey it after like 12 tries.)

c-murph

Nah, I can't beat every monster in it. My blade isn't strong enough even with iKairi. Level +22.

The Level 200 and group of three ill me every time. Probably could take them if I had a medal with Defense II on it.

Need to start beating those gem quest to power them up. Not even sure if I ever beat any beyond the third.

Famassu

Stayed alive during the event's (lvl 1) raid boss for, like, 8 turns and almost exceeded 1 million damage. Could've done more but as per my luck APP didn't activate all that many times.

EDIT: Ansem is kinda ridiculous even with just one dot. I can do almost 60k damage with him and he isn't even fully chipped, that's better than some guilted medals. -_-

Also, 9,3 million points in the HSC. That's somewhere around 1840th spot at this point. Prooooobably won't stay in the Top 2000, but I think they give the ABII + APP+ skill to the top 10 000.

So. I haven't pulled a Illustrated Kairi yet. I have 3000 gems. Should I try double pulling on the Score assistance one or pull once on the main one?

Skittles

Nah, I can't beat every monster in it. My blade isn't strong enough even with iKairi. Level +22.

The Level 200 and group of three ill me every time. Probably could take them if I had a medal with Defense II on it.

Need to start beating those gem quest to power them up. Not even sure if I ever beat any beyond the third.
the part 3s are harder than the part 4s and 5s. the main gate to beating part 4 and 5s is having APP, which you should have at least one of now
So. I haven't pulled a Illustrated Kairi yet. I have 3000 gems. Should I try double pulling on the Score assistance one or pull once on the main one?
if you're not going for the mercy pull then do score assistance

c-murph

the part 3s are harder than the part 4s and 5s. the main gate to beating part 4 and 5s is having APP, which you should have at least one of now

if you're not going for the mercy pull then do score assistance

Ah, did not know that. Really should give them a shot then. But what's APP?

c-murph

Sölf;223209939 said:
Attack Prize Plus. The thing that gives you more of those orbs to fill your Gauge when it proccs.

Ahhhhhh. ok. I have one on the free Aqua and another sitting in my medals that I haven't used yet. Probably should throw it on a Power or Speed medal then.

CRS

Feels good to be finally able to 3-turn that Darkside.
Nice. I tried the quest again this morning and found that my power medals still aren't strong enough to three turn him.

What did you use? if you don't mind posting a screenshot.

I also tried Pt 5 and am extremely close to 1 turning it though.

Burbeting

Banned
Nice. I tried the quest again this morning and found that my power medals still aren't strong enough to three turn him.

What did you use? if you don't mind posting a screenshot.

I also tried Pt 5 and am extremely close to 1 turning it though.

Treasure Trove +27:

iKairi with no-cost
Jack & Sally with AB2+APP
iSora with AB2Max
Guilted Halloween Town goofy with AB3
Guilted Lexaeus with AB3
Shared guilted iCloud with AB2

Then it was mostly hoping for as many skills activating as possible. Part 5 was same set-up, except shared medal was guilted iSora with AB3.

Famassu

Ahhhhhh. ok. I have one on the free Aqua and another sitting in my medals that I haven't used yet. Probably should throw it on a Power or Speed medal then.
Just remember that AOE medals are best for APP, preferably one with a low special attack cost (at most 2, preferably 1 or if you have anything like RAX or TVA that have zero cost that would be the optimal medal).

CRS

Treasure Trove +27:

iKairi with no-cost
Jack & Sally with AB2+APP
iSora with AB2Max
Guilted Halloween Town goofy with AB3
Guilted Lexaeus with AB3
Shared guilted iCloud with AB2

Then it was mostly hoping for as many skills activating as possible. Part 5 was same set-up, except shared medal was guilted iSora with AB3.

Same setup except for the HT Goofy and Lexaeus. Just a guilted KH Cloud and 1 Dot Xemnas. Yeah, I probably need a guilted Epic like my Xemnas. I'll get it eventually.

Thanks for the setup.

Skittles

Another week of free jewels to look forward to. At this point we're getting at least 1400 jewels a week on top of log in bonuses. Hopefully they increase the log in bonus soon

Feels good to be finally able to 3-turn that Darkside.

I was able to do the same thing!

*digital high-five*

Shockingly, when I went to re-do that mission to complete the "Beat with Moogle O' Glory" objective, I almost did it again unintentionally. Guess MoG is a good keyblade for that mission after all if you have a good ST Magic medal (I had a fully guilted Zexion), even at +21.

Anyways, now I have enough Adamantite to upgrade MoG to +25 once the next batch of story missions is out. I've been saving my Magic Gems for this, so I'm glad I held out.

Atram

One question:

I have a J&S medal which had APP on it, it worked fine. Now I've got a ABII + APP on it and I don't know if it is a bug or I dismissed something. When it procs there is no value from the APP.

Do I miss something?

One question:

I have a J&S medal which had APP on it, it worked fine. Now I've got a ABII + APP on it and I don't know if it is a bug or I dismissed something. When it procs there is no value from the APP.

Do I miss something?

What are you attacking it with? I doubt it's bugged.

Famassu

One question:

Do I miss something?
What kind of enemies are you using it against? Some lvl 50 Heartless give fuck all special gauge even with APP. APP is really only useful in harder quests with higher level enemies & bosses.

EDIT: gah, forgot this tab had been open for awhile.

creid

In the HSC the first lvl 200 plane in the first room. With APP I recovered 2-4, now with AB2 + APP not only 1 Gauge.
Using it against a large group of enemies gives you a lot more AP than using it against a single enemy.

In the HSC the first lvl 200 plane in the first room. With APP I recovered 2-4, now with AB2 + APP not only 1 Gauge.

Did you use Jack & Sally on those enemies before with just APP?

Those airplane Heartless won't give you much because they have the type advantage. The same thing happened with me with the Halloween Soldier Heartless when I used RAX (which only has APP), but I got a ton more gauges when I went in with Jack & Sally and used ABII + APP.

Famassu

A friend who hasn't played this game all that much (he started in July/August, played somewhat actively for 2-3 weeks and has since mostly just logged in for some jewels, been playing a bit more the past weekend) just pulled Illustrated Riku and Illustrated Kairi in the same pull, from the new 10 x 6* medal offer. If I get either of those in the next 6 months I'll consider myself super lucky. He's also gotten 3 Namines. I still have none. #hatefriendswithbetterluck

Psxphile

So the whole point of the new dial-a-raid-boss event is to make as much Lux as possible in a week? Is Guard Armor still the go-to for high Lux gaining?

Psxphile

Omega Behemoths. So do the Event quest with +Rare Enemy perks.

I've already been doing that, just curious how the other Omegas stack up since they flow like silk in this event.

There's already people w/ 50 million Lux in the solo Top 10. :\

CRS

I've already been doing that, just curious how the other Omegas stack up since they flow like silk in this event.

There's already people w/ 50 million Lux in the solo Top 10. :\

Stick to Behemoths.

And the top Lux players have had their Behemoths already leveled up from the previous week so they're already at an advantage. On top of that, they're all running Keyblades with 3/4 medals with AB2Lux. And the Deal that just came out is going to make it that much more easier.

also

Banned
This weekend will have the usual boss raid (if they didn't mess up the announcements...), which will dwarf the lux gain from regular bosses.

I suggest people stick to Whales (4th egg quest) because the omegas can give a Cid at lv. 5+ to the Host/MVP. Coordinate with your party and everyone benefits.

Don't forget to take advantage of the bonus times; same as for the weekend raid boss. As an added benefit, the cost for raid bosses is 0AP during that time. Happy omega whale hunting.

Psxphile

This weekend will have the usual boss raid (if they didn't mess up the announcements...), which will dwarf the lux gain from regular bosses.

I suggest people stick to Whales (4th egg quest) because the omegas can give a Cid at lv. 5+ to the Host/MVP. Coordinate with your party and everyone benefits.

Don't forget to take advantage of the bonus times; same as for the weekend raid boss. As an added benefit, the cost for raid bosses is 0AP during that time. Happy omega whale hunting.

Good advice. I can always use more Cids, however getting whale omegas to show up seems less likely than behemoths. I'm up to level 11 in omega behemoths (sometimes having them show one after the other) but I've only gotten 1 whale omega and I've spent about the same amount of time farming for each.

also

Banned
Good advice. I can always use more Cids, however getting whale omegas to show up seems less likely than behemoths. I'm up to level 11 in omega behemoths (sometimes having them show one after the other) but I've only gotten 1 whale omega and I've spent about the same amount of time farming for each.
I'd be very surprised if the spawn rates are different.
I've had stretches of 10+ whales without a single omega and times where I had 3 omegas in quick succession. I believe it's all random.

Sölf

DgNCBos.jpg

Well... Nothing to spectacular. However, thanks to that Evil Queen I could finally guilt mine and she instanly got 44%. So I put 6 Mirrors in and now have a 50% on her! :D
The only problem, I put Defense Boost II on her, but her being guilted (and there being a high reverse modifier on Lady Luck and Divine Rose) she would probably benefit more from the ATB 2 + APP thingy. :/

That Speed Riku also finally gives me a strong single target Speed Medal and I still have one of those at 5*. The Power version I put into the one I already had. Ansem coul potentially find a use somewhere. Cpt. Hook has a "Sleep" effect, so nothing interesting.

Top Bottom