• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance McDonald: PS4/5 Emulated Tomb Raider Legend Runs at 480p/30 FPS - $20

Aion002

Gold Member
Why would anyone want to play that?

I guess Jim was right... In a way...

Bruce Lee Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Looks like the new batch of emulated games they're adding aren't getting any resolution boosts.

LOL Primal PS2 running on PS4 is up rendered to 720p (it shows) at least... either it is an exaggeration or a regression (possible if they put a team of less than competent devs on it and rushed them).

Last edited:
Remember when Sony said the price hike of the PS+ would increase the quality of the service?
That's not what they said. Why do people repeat it ad nauseum? Their message basically was worded with a continue to provide quality, which is exactly no increase at all. It sounds a wee bit better, but essentially just means: it will cost more for the very same service, continue.

And adding PS5 streaming, adding VR2 games, adding some (abysmal) PS2 emulation is factually increasing the quality or at least extending the quantity. I also think the number of games has increased over time. They usually added more games than what they removed. But don't quote me on that, I might be wrong.

Generic

That's not what they said. Why do people repeat it ad nauseum? Their message basically was worded with a continue to provide quality, which is exactly no increase at all. It sounds a wee bit better, but essentially just means: it will cost more for the very same service, continue.

And adding PS5 streaming, adding VR2 games, adding some (abysmal) PS2 emulation is factually increasing the quality or at least extending the quantity. I also think the number of games has increased over time. They usually added more games than what they removed. But don't quote me on that, I might be wrong.
The quality of the PS+ plummeted since the price hike, the games became worse.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
$20 isn't that unusual for a 360 / PS3 title. Even Otogi was $20 when relisted last year. There's sales I'm sure.

Reactions: Isa

wvnative

I bought Sly and fired it up quickly before leaving for work - it looked blurry as shit at first glance. I'm assuming it's the same.
All 3 sly games had a weird blur effect on PS2 that could be distracting. In regards to sly it's probably not the emulator.

When the fuck will sony understand that playing such old games with low resolution on modern TVs looks like total ass? Having them at higher resolution brings a whole new life to the game on modern TVs. Good thing i have a series X for BC and emulation.

Last edited:

intbal

PC remains best option. Looks awesome at 1080p/1440p etc

Next best is ps3, followed by 360/one which is sub 720p and blurry but not 480p blurry.

I can't agree with that.
The PS3 did render at a higher resolution. It was native 720p versus 1024x600 on Xbox.
But the PS3 version used Quincunx AA, which completely destroyed the texture quality. Whereas Xbox 360 used MSAA, which had no effect on textures.
I think the PS3 version also used some form of bloom, which didn't really help the image either.

BQB4JaG.jpeg

If they had just left off the AA entirely on PS3, it would have looked better than the 360 version, even with jagged edges on geometry.

video source

tommib

Gold Member
I would pay 79 EUR for the original Silent Hill 2 PS2 version without any updates to resolution, btw.

Top Bottom