• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like it noota that u changed ur avatar after my comment

thats nice

Leb is Plat tho
still

gotta be like ranked game to earn u brag points lol

MY COMPUTER CRASHED AND I HAVE TO REINSTALL EVERYTHING

FUCK
shit that sucks

that's super weird too, what the hell kind of crash was that -___-

There's no need to have a 'huge ass' collection installed, unless by 'huge ass' you mean 3 games. Accept the fact you only play LoL and Barbie games, though.
that's what i did

and then league and barbie games merged into one

zkylon

zkylewd
i generally like ten-ish games installed that gradually turn into 30 or something and takes over my hardrive

i'm always like

weeell i did want to do another dragon age playthrough...

and it never ever happens

it is settled. every time I'm on the first pick side, I'll be pushing to get them to not ban Garen.

2 Garen matches this season: 26/0/19 combined. What a bullshit, broken champ. I used to play him a lot in S2/S3 when he was just sorta mediocre. Now just wtf. You get one juggernaut item and literally do whatever the fuck you want to do. Get TWO juggernaut items and the game is just about over. Dive multiple towers, kill multiple champs that are *TRYING* to kill you.

I'mma try some juggernaut items on jayce just because.

Ambition

hype.jpg
GIT HYPED!

Last weekend, I played top yas a bunch and played blind pick. Every match I was one playing against a reworked champ, but 1 guy who was playing Olaf.

kenbo

not a fan of Pax?
a pleb like newt wouldn't even have pax
i generally like ten-ish games installed that gradually turn into 30 or something and takes over my hardrive

i'm always like

weeell i did want to do another dragon age playthrough...

and it never ever happens
no you never want to do a dragon age playthrough
it is settled. every time I'm on the first pick side, I'll be pushing to get them to not ban Garen.

2 Garen matches this season: 26/0/19 combined. What a bullshit, broken champ. I used to play him a lot in S2/S3 when he was just sorta mediocre. Now just wtf. You get one juggernaut item and literally do whatever the fuck you want to do. Get TWO juggernaut items and the game is just about over. Dive multiple towers, kill multiple champs that are *TRYING* to kill you.

I'mma try some juggernaut items on jayce just because.
Garen is the greatest low elo pubstomper right now
i played adc with quickcast off, the wrong buttons for my items and without attack move

lmao
So basically like how you usually play ADC

Garen is the greatest low elo pubstomper right now
Unfortunately, I don't know you well enough to tell if you're being facetious or intellectually dishonest. I'll assume the former because in every high elo stream I've watched, Garen is first or second ban 8 out of 10 times and I have to believe you've seen the same at whatever elo you're at. And it just so happened that Garen got through on one of the high elo Challenger/Diamond matches on the Featured rotation. The results were...as expected.

jIu9Kvo.png

Call those players "low elo" if you like, but I'll assume you're smarter than that.

He got no help top and never needed it. He was simply an oppressive force after he got his belt. And the lane was officially over when he got his first Juggernaut item. Like, not sort of over; completely over. Garen is broken right now IMO and it's fairly apparent that he is. He can get his first completed item in under 15 minutes and be at nearly 2,000hp while still dealing ~120 AD. By 20 minutes he can have a cleaver finished and have ~2700hp, 130 armor, and like 180AD.

In other words, he can be doing equivalent or arguably more damage than your ADC, while having 2.5x the HP pool and a low cool-down gap closer. To say nothing of the execute. He's just really hard to deal with. The only time the guy in the shot above (~#300 on NA, might I add) died was when literally 5 came to get him and even then it took about 20 seconds worth of chasing and 2 ultimates to get it done. The other time when they were just trying to end and he was autoattcking the nexus while 3 champs wailed on him.

Point is, whether he's being played in Bronze or Master, I see the same thing when he gets through the champ select and is being handled by anyone with any experience at all with the champ: if he can farm up his first major item in a reasonable period of time, he's going to create chaos for your back line with his tank, execute, gap-closing kit.

YMMV. But I must say I've seen Garen lose very few times. The one match I lost with him in this patch was because I couldn't connect to the game for 6 minutes because of some connection issues. Not to say that any single champ is auto-win (we all know better than that), but wins come to certain champs in a much easier way.

Bacon

Unfortunately, I don't know you well enough to tell if you're being facetious or intellectually dishonest. I'll assume the former because in every high elo stream I've watched, Garen is first or second ban 8 out of 10 times and I have to believe you've seen the same at whatever elo you're at. And it just so happened that Garen got through on one of the high elo Challenger/Diamond matches on the Featured rotation. The results were...as expected.

jIu9Kvo.png

Call those players "low elo" if you like, but I'll assume you're smarter than that.

Yo man I think you're misinterpreting what he meant

Yo man I think you're misinterpreting what he meant

Then I'm sure he'll add nuance at some point, because the implication in suggesting he's a masterful pub stomper at ______ (pick an elo) is that he is inherently *not* a masterful pub stomper at _____ (pick a higher elo).

From what I've seen he's just a pub stomper, period. Like most of the other reworks, though oppressive in his own way. No elo-qualifier needed. He's just too good given any space and opportunity.

and FWIW, the best low elo pubstomper I've seen is good ol' Sated Master Yi when he's smart enough to pick his moments and fights he can turn. Where Garen can carry a team fight for you, he can't turn that team fight win into objectives easily. Poor kit for taking objectives quickly. Whereas if Yi wins a fight, he's capable of taking 3 towers for your mistakes. But that's just what I've found in lower elo.

kenbo

Hmm

I'm not saying he's terrible at high elo, but that he's really strong in low elo

Breaking up Lolking by divisions:
Bronze - Gold : around 55.7% WR
Plat - Masters: around 50-52% WR

In other news, Lux has one of the highest WR in all elos. I told you guys. Keep whining about her average wave clear, folks.

Then I'm sure he'll add nuance at some point, because the implication in suggesting he's a masterful pub stomper at ______ (pick an elo) is that he is inherently *not* a masterful pub stomper at _____ (pick a higher elo).

From what I've seen he's just a pub stomper, period. Like most of the other reworks, though oppressive in his own way. No elo-qualifier needed. He's just too good given any space and opportunity.

and FWIW, the best low elo pubstomper I've seen is good ol' Sated Master Yi when he's smart enough to pick his moments and fights he can turn. Where Garen can carry a team fight for you, he can't turn that team fight win into objectives easily. Poor kit for taking objectives quickly. Whereas if Yi wins a fight, he's capable of taking 3 towers for your mistakes. But that's just what I've found in lower elo.
There are tons of low elo pubstomers.
It is really anyone your good with, if you are good enough with a champ you will carry. I personally think jax is better than yi. Jax is very tank and still does a ton of damage, great 1v1er and takes towers fast.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
huh

dragon age 1 is really cool
Dragonage origins is like arkham origins:
They are largely the same as the previous game and fail to innovate the series in a fun, refreshing direction.

Save yourself and just play 2.

Or play FF14 Heavensward and nothing else.

Edit: disregard everything else and get 2.
Edit 2: fuck, im mixing things up again. Im gonna get off of gaf til i can think straight again.

patchday

My last match we had to fight off an enemy Garen. The early game wasn't too pretty but we finally rallied and beat them up.

Luckily those guys didn't have an adc. I don't know how teams get put together in Teambuilder and there's no ADC. I usually bounce asap from a lobby like that.

JulianImp

Man, I suck at this game. Had a decent Braun supporting me, but trying Tristana for the first time ever was an astounding failure at trying to be the team's adc. I wish Kog was still free, since I wanted to try him out a a bit more, but on the other side I feel like I shouldn't even try going adc on 5v5 because I'd only end up feeding and getting hated on for not playing my role right, while the alternative of playing AIs to learn the role doesn't help since they suck at anything but teaching you very basic stuff.

I was expecting humans to be a lot tougher than bots, but this is far worse than I had imagined. I haven't been able to get any cool moments as Nami so far, unlike the couple times I managed to successfully save someone with Morgana's shield or helped them score kills with her Q (Nami's stunning is cool, but it isn't as easy to aim as Morgana's).

Man, I suck at this game. Had a decent Braun supporting me, but trying Tristana for the first time ever was an astounding failure at trying to be the team's adc. I wish Kog was still free, since I wanted to try him out a a bit more, but on the other side I feel like I shouldn't even try going adc on 5v5 because I'd only end up feeding and getting hated on for not playing my role right, while the alternative of playing AIs to learn the role doesn't help since they suck at anything but teaching you very basic stuff.

I was expecting humans to be a lot tougher than bots, but this is far worse than I had imagined. I haven't been able to get any cool moments as Nami so far, unlike the couple times I managed to successfully save someone with Morgana's shield or helped them score kills with her Q (Nami's stunning is cool, but it isn't as easy to aim as Morgana's).
Don't worry about what people think about you, and if they start yelling at you just mute them. If you never really play different places it will be harder to learn them later.

Also if you play kog keep a few things in mind, he is one of the squishes adc's, super good late, ok mid and kinda bad early. Make sure you play safe and don't get caught out.

JulianImp

Don't worry about what people think about you, and if they start yelling at you just mute them. If you never really play different places it will be harder to learn them later.

Also if you play kog keep a few things in mind, he is one of the squishes adc's, super good late, ok mid and kinda bad early. Make sure you play safe and don't get caught out.

Yeah, but it's a pain when I look at my match history and the only win I got against other humans was on a game where my connection died at the start (when I was doing okay) and only came back by the time the match was over. Having to play against bots to make sure I get my daily win IP in a timely manner is a bit depressing.

The huge amount of information you've got to memorize in order to use a character without feeding like mad is incredibly daunting. I get that I shouldn't care about what my team says, but it's disheartening to see everybody else gets to pull cool stuff off while I'm still trying to learn when I should go in with Nami's Q and Es, and don't get how to correctly use her ulti at all. At least with Morgana I managed to do a couple cool things with her Q, E and ulti.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I was the same way when I first started playing. I actually hit 30 playing mostly only ARAM. Didn't care for Summoner's Rift at all.

It takes a while but you get used to everything and it starts to click.

zkylon

zkylewd
well I thought you were talking about DA:I

DA1 is ok

but how about that lux being the best even though her wave clear isn't the best huh zky
duhh who u take me for

Dragonage origins is like arkham origins:
They are largely the same as the previous game and fail to innovate the series in a fun, refreshing direction.

Save yourself and just play 2.

Or play FF14 Heavensward and nothing else.

Edit: disregard everything else and get 2.
Edit 2: fuck, im mixing things up again. Im gonna get off of gaf til i can think straight again.
lol are u drunk

dont play trist

trist is boring

i think kog's early game is kind of underrated, he's not draven but he's not that much of a pushover

i love playing kog with a nami that's maxing e

patchday

Yeah, but it's a pain when I look at my match history and the only win I got against other humans was on a game where my connection died at the start (when I was doing okay) and only came back by the time the match was over. Having to play against bots to make sure I get my daily win IP in a timely manner is a bit depressing.

The huge amount of information you've got to memorize in order to use a character without feeding like mad is incredibly daunting. I get that I shouldn't care about what my team says, but it's disheartening to see everybody else gets to pull cool stuff off while I'm still trying to learn when I should go in with Nami's Q and Es, and don't get how to correctly use her ulti at all. At least with Morgana I managed to do a couple cool things with her Q, E and ulti.

Yeah the WoTD (daily win) can be annoying. Now I relax a bit more if I'm on a losing streak. sometimes I go up to 7 losses. Tristaina is probably not a newbie friendly adc. Try Sivir

However, an easier role might be Top lane. purchase Garen and enjoy some easy wins. I've been landing on Garen a lot when I do aram. pretty much auto-win.

Garen has a big bag of hit points, an escape, and grows well with juggernaut items.

You'll get much more powerful once you get to tier 3 runes. It was like night & day difference when I hit 20. I had like 8k IP saved and filled my pages with tier 3s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom