• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
U8IqHik.jpg

such a close game guys

killatopak

Gold Member
U8IqHik.jpg

such a close game guys

How? 5-0 too.

---

Wow. That Kindred lore is amazing.

---

Holy... I suck at elise so much. I'm so mechanically unskilled with her. Are there any comprehensive elise guides out there?

I think I'll revert to shyv and vi jung for now.

I'm planning to change to mid/jung main by preseason from my top/supp role so I can round out my style. I feel so lost in the jungle. It's like my first time playing lol again with these ap champs. So many different jungle pathing, learning to counterjungle and denying vision makes it feel like a new game. I feel much more comfortable with ad champs though especially shyv who you just afk farm.

---

I want to spend my rp already on champ kalista but it's almost 5.19 and still no sign of her being sold.

---

Also are there any updates on the team icons being shown on a taunt in game and the increased level on masteries?

Two things.

1. Anyone think that the report system should be removed for normals or scaled back?
Normals are meant to be the unwind and relax version of LoL. Anyone who has played Normal knows that there is no relaxing to be found there. My thought is that the game community would be a lot less toxic, if the only thing that you could report in normals was harassment and trolls. If the game is meant to be about fun, then why should you be penalised for not wanting to play a game where the enemy team are 10+ kills ahead by 13min mark.​

2. Sated Devouter needs to be nerfed. I saw a 4/2/1 Olaf jungle with no dmg items, except sated take down a 4/0/2 malphite who had built nothing but armour in four seconds. No matter how you cast that, that is bull.

2nd game in a row where we had such a rough early and mid and pulling through somehow. I'm so stressed. Time to hop back to ARAM.

HQn1nGX.png

2. Sated Devouter needs to be nerfed. I saw a 4/2/1 Olaf jungle with no dmg items, except sated take down a 4/0/2 malphite who had built nothing but armour in four seconds. No matter how you cast that, that is bull.
That's hilariously amazing. E every 3-4 swings. Secret OP.

Tizoc

Olaf's E deals true damage, and it's cooldown is reduced by auto attacking. That's likely the reason the Malph got wasted.

Dunno about Sated that much since i tend to win matches before I even get it :X

Sated can get pretty nuts, but I think the Olaf would have won even without it. Both champs were just about even in K/D/A, and the attack speed, lifesteal, and true damage in Olaf's kit is more than enough to deal with a Malph.

edit: beaten

Two things.

1. Anyone think that the report system should be removed for normals or scaled back?
Normals are meant to be the unwind and relax version of LoL. Anyone who has played Normal knows that there is no relaxing to be found there. My thought is that the game community would be a lot less toxic, if the only thing that you could report in normals was harassment and trolls. If the game is meant to be about fun, then why should you be penalised for not wanting to play a game where the enemy team are 10+ kills ahead by 13min mark.​

1 - Because even though normals are supposed to be chill, that's not the case for every League player. There's a big chunk of people that don't play ranked so normals is all they have, no excuse to give carte blanche for AFKing or being a general asshole.

2 - It's a fed true damage bruiser vs a tank, Olaf is supposed to win regardless of what he buys. Plus Devourer got nerfed this patch anyways and it's getting nerfed again for ranged champions the next one.

1 - Because even though normals are supposed to be chill, that's not the case for every League player. There's a big chunk of people that don't play ranked so normals is all they have, no excuse to give carte blanche for AFKing or being a general asshole.

I get that there will always be assholes in normals and a large chunk of the player base only play normals, I don't think the current system works though.

In truth I don't think it will ever work unless Riot have someone actually observing the match. Never going to happen.

All the current system does though is aggravate the player base. I like to think most people out there have no intention of being toxic, but losing in the first 20 mins of a game and being forced to play the next 40 mins, is not helping.

I've only been playing normals this past week. Blind Pick is a strange place.

In the build up to 30...so much rage in that place. Then post 30.

"Hey I was thinking of going AD Soroka top. You guys cool with that?"
"Sure."
"Yep,"
"Np"
"You going to need early ganks?"

killatopak

Gold Member
So I played on my smurf for two games...

I definitely got cancer. That shit is not worth grinding to 30. omg. the stupidity. the afks.

patchday

Luckily you can usually spot trolls a mile away in normals. on the bad side, you have to make a lot of dodges. I mostly stick to teambuilder now. Since I mainly play support, its a gold mine. And I can be picky about my teams. On the bad side, I cant ban garen, yasuo, etc. But now that Yasuo free week is over its pretty good

zkylon

zkylewd
there were no 'x'es in scy's name, cmon

no way, a) normals are played by a wide variety of ppl with different opinions of how srs normals should be played and b) what would crippling ppl's number 1 tool against toxicity achieve other than make ppl feel more helpless?

also, i think some ppl have a pretty big misconception of what "for fun" means. for fun doesn't mean you don't give a shit about winning or losing and that you should always run wacky stuff or whatever. it's a low stakes environment and it's (most often) blind pick, so ppl don't care much about composition, but that's about it, once you're in you want to win, and while you may run goofy picks sometimes, doing so isn't usually the best experience for the person that's not on comms.

so in ur case specifically of wanting to afk a losing game, u can debate if u want for earlier surrender votes (i think it'd generally be a bad idea tho) but idea is being nice and calling for a vote, not just ignoring what the other players want, even if the game is unwinnable.

and like, expecting ANYTHING about league of legends to be "unwindy" or "relaxing" is just foolish. it's a fucking moba, if u want relaxing just watch the latest episodes of izombie the best show on television new season coming in october

I get that there will always be assholes in normals and a large chunk of the player base only play normals, I don't think the current system works though.

In truth I don't think it will ever work unless Riot have someone actually observing the match. Never going to happen.

All the current system does though is aggravate the player base. I like to think most people out there have no intention of being toxic, but losing in the first 20 mins of a game and being forced to play the next 40 mins, is not helping.
this is hiperbole through the roof, how is it that all the system does is aggravate players? worst case scenario some lost games draw out longer than they should, that's it.

so it's gotta be a losing game, by a wide enough difference that it's impossible to come back and with a team that is super stubborn about not surrendering. that's such a specific scenario that it's ridiculous to suggest to not penalize afkers in any other time

killatopak

Gold Member
Luckily you can usually spot trolls a mile away in normals. on the bad side, you have to make a lot of dodges. I mostly stick to teambuilder now. Since I mainly play support, its a gold mine. And I can be picky about my teams. On the bad side, I cant ban garen, yasuo, etc. But now that Yasuo free week is over its pretty good

My smurf is level 11. I can't do team builder until 25.

there were no 'x'es in scy's name, cmon

no way, a) normals are played by a wide variety of ppl with different opinions of how srs normals should be played and b) what would crippling ppl's number 1 tool against toxicity achieve other than make ppl feel more helpless?

also, i think some ppl have a pretty big misconception of what "for fun" means. for fun doesn't mean you don't give a shit about winning or losing and that you should always run wacky stuff or whatever. it's a low stakes environment and it's (most often) blind pick, so ppl don't care much about composition, but that's about it, once you're in you want to win, and while you may run goofy picks sometimes, doing so isn't usually the best experience for the person that's not on comms.

so in ur case specifically of wanting to afk a losing game, u can debate if u want for earlier surrender votes (i think it'd generally be a bad idea tho) but idea is being nice and calling for a vote, not just ignoring what the other players want, even if the game is unwinnable.

and like, expecting ANYTHING about league of legends to be "unwindy" or "relaxing" is just foolish. it's a fucking moba, if u want relaxing just watch the latest episodes of izombie the best show on television new season coming in october

this is hiperbole through the roof, how is it that all the system does is aggravate players? worst case scenario some lost games draw out longer than they should, that's it.

so it's gotta be a losing game, by a wide enough difference that it's impossible to come back and with a team that is super stubborn about not surrendering. that's such a specific scenario that it's ridiculous to suggest to not penalize afkers in any other time

Do you get why this attitude is unhealthy? Games ultimately should be about having fun and playing an hour long game that was lost in the first 10 mins doesn't. Don't get me wrong. I've had games where the whole team have fed and for 30 mins we've only had a single turret stopping the enemy team from finishing and won it.

However I've had way more when I've lost. Check my account, I am KarneeKarany in game, I have had only 1 5 game penalty for Afking and that was two years ago. I know what it's like to try as hard as you could to carry a game and have it fail. The disappointment of losing doesn't bother me as much as the fact I've just wasted an hour, because my jungler got mad at bot lane and started to feed.

Either remove the report system in normals or take another look at it. How about giving people at 10 min surrender timer, or lowering it from four players agreeing to surrender, just the majority?

Leave ranked as is, but just these two changes will make playing the game much more enjoyable.

Do you get why this attitude is unhealthy? Games ultimately should be about having fun and playing an hour long game that was lost in the first 10 mins doesn't. Don't get me wrong. I've had games where the whole team have fed and for 30 mins we've only had a single turret stopping the enemy team from finishing and won it.

However I've had way more when I've lost. Check my account, I am KarneeKarany in game, I have had only 1 5 game penalty for Afking and that was two years ago. I know what it's like to try as hard as you could to carry a game and have it fail. The disappointment of losing doesn't bother me as much as the fact I've just wasted an hour, because my jungler got mad at bot lane and started to feed.

Either remove the report system in normals or take another look at it. How about giving people at 10 min surrender timer, or lowering it from four players agreeing to surrender, just the majority?

Leave ranked as is, but just these two changes will make playing the game much more enjoyable.
If you're not playing in Diamond and above the amount of times a game is actually lost at 10 minutes is slim to none and even then that's super debatable. Riot does need to look into surrendering but removing the ability to report people in pretty much your most popular mode isn't the way to go.

You're playing a competitive game, losing isn't supposed to be a good time where both teams are chilling and having fun. If you're not willing to at least try to win when behind then stick to ARAM or something.

patchday

You're below Level 25 I take it? once you get to L25 hit up Teambuilder. Next, use a site like na.op.gg to try to pull up some of your teammates.

I can usually spot bad players a mile away now:
- Two people with Smite? Bail.
- Bad summoner spells? See a Zed without Flash? BAIL
- See Ezreal? Tristaina? I'm super nervous as crap. Tempted to pull their history

Teambuilder is the key.

All that being said I do love to do an occasional Blind Pick for some easy pub stomping. Sometimes it's fun to try crap not in the meta. Like running two adcs, etc. Also sometimes I just lose a bunch in Teambuilder and I can get much easy pickings there in Blind Pick

killatopak

Gold Member
Riot removed Snowballing a lot in the current meta. Couple that with objective based meta following the change of baron and dragons it just means that games will generally last a bit longer. A team can stomp an enemy team so bad but it still wouldn't result in a game finishing early due to the change in meta.

I think reducing the surrender timer is for the best. Something like 10-15 mins would be good. If they want to retain the 20 min limit then the least they could do is decrease the time limit if a team mate afks or has left the game. Having a 4v5 can only go down in two routes. Either the team with the greater number annihilates the 4 man team or the 4 man team can hold long enough to win the game.

My problem with some of the games I have is that even when the enemy can destroy our nexus immediately, they won't and they will purposely delay the game to increase their KDA or sometimes if they want to have a full set of items. Once they have what they want, that's the only time they would close the game.

zkylon

zkylewd

the problem is that the solution you're giving is not nearly enough of a good tradeoff for it to be reasonable

i mean, this happened to me two weeks ago, we had riven vs yasuo top. riven died 3 times 1v1 and went "gg" and ragequit. we were winning all the other lanes, but whatever

now your solution empowers that riven to have control over the game and just ragequit unpenalized, while the nine of us that aren't complete assholes and were just having a good time playing a game got screwed. there's no real incentive for the riven to actually look at the map and realize that she can be carried or that there is a possible comeback or whatever. or maybe she picks riven and the other guy picks riven too and she doesn't want mirror matchup so afk. or jungler didn't gank. or maybe she bought mana potions instead of hp. or whatever

and now the game is ruined because there's no system in place to stop ragequitters from ragequitting. games last 20 minutes at most cos ppl go korean style gg open mid the second something goes wrong, and all of this to fix some fringe scenarios in which the game is super lopsided very early and no one wants to surrender.

sorry dude, but removing reports is just a stupid idea

taking another look at surrender voting is perfectly valid, tho i can't really come up with a better solution. flat out reducing the surrender timer is not a good idea because a) ppl spam surrender enough as it is and b) most of the times games are nowhere near decided by 10 minutes, so again tuning the system around fringe cases is not a good idea. lowering to three players i also don't think so since it'd give premades way too much control over games, even more than they already have. there's probably a smart solution that involves a bit of these ideas, but i can't think of it.

tbh i think ppl should learn to tough it out, 0-10 games rarely go to 40 minutes and most of the times early surrender votes are about people getting shit on in lane and being incapable of seeing the bigger picture of how the jungler left them hang to dry but actually got a billion things done elsewhere.

killatopak

Gold Member
I guess surrendering is alright sometimes, but I can't stand not being able to play a full game.

Me either but sometimes it's just necessary. I try to limit myself to surrender only if the following thing/s are met.

-We have an and afk/leaver
-All lanes lost horribly
-We are at a disadvantage and our team comp is not geared to scale to late game.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw has anyone ever gotten one of those feedback card from your reports?

i don't think i've ever gotten one saying "this guy u reported is now banned thanks to u!"

cos like, we all reported that afking riven, so it'd be nice to know that guy's not ruining other people's games anymoer

killatopak

Gold Member
I reported countless times as well as when the enemy team requests us to report someone from theirs. So far, I haven't received any feedback.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean the problem in this situation is that bans only happen on repeated offenses and people might just pull one or two ragequits here and there and then lay low for a while

in which case i suppose it works out anyways cos the person stopped being a dick but you still have that feeling that someone screwed you over and went unpunished

Leezard

btw has anyone ever gotten one of those feedback card from your reports?

i don't think i've ever gotten one saying "this guy u reported is now banned thanks to u!"

cos like, we all reported that afking riven, so it'd be nice to know that guy's not ruining other people's games anymoer

Lyte said on reddit a while ago that when a person is banned, only the very last person to report the banned person gets a notification. So even if the guy got 1000+ reports only a single person will get a notification.

The reasoning if I recall correctly was some sort of research where they found out that most users don't care and don't want to see those popup messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom