• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feebastic

m6glynw.png

My 3's team is 2 irl friends, one who's high silver/ low gold and one who's high plat. The enemy team were 3 plats. We got stomped incredibly hard early, especially poor Kennen - we pushed them away from our nexus tower twice, by the skin of our teeth! They kept fighting with tower aggro on them, which gave us the damage to even the odds. After that, we managed to win fight after fight, with their comp doing less and less damage and us doing more and more as we came back. We ended up having to ace them four or five times to undo the damage they did to us, but that victory screen was the most satisfying I've seen in a long, long time.

AND IT'S RANKED SO IT COUNTS

Edit: holy shit I had 100% kill participation!

drawkcaB

Yep, Elise is still strong as fuck after the human Q and spiderling damage nerfs. I could feel the loss of late game damage on the 'lings though.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
4 dodges in a row. Kept getting into the same lobby with someone who kept picking top Quinn along with the same other people.

Match almost started then someone dodged AGAIN. We got queued together AGAIN.

But... :(
Thats why you stop queueing when someone dodges. So you dont get grouped with shits like those.

patchday

Wow Leona really turned into a beast for me. I simply follow the item/runes/spells build on champion.gg for her (optimal build)

She has now successfully beaten both Blizzcrank and Tahm Kench out of bot Lane. Last match got to face Tahm support.

Ghost is Bad you might not remem but a few pages ago you recommend if Blitz yanks me to him just simply beat him up. That blew my mind at the time but yeah that's all I do.

I feel like a fool but it took me a few games to realize her ultimate was ranged and it recharges quick. Fun times with her

All right that's my win of the day. Might get on later

killatopak

Gold Member
I don't think I want to play ranked for a while anymore. 50% ban rate on Riven is terrible for me. I feel terrible for the Darius mains who don't get to play him after the rework.

guys I made my first gaming OT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1117526

fuck making gaming OTs.

I might go for Dota 2 for now. It's been a while since I played it. At least there nobody bans Tormented Soul, Obsidian Destroyer or Life Stealer.

killatopak

Gold Member
carry me pls. i don't weigh much.

Well there's a few problems. First, I'm not in the NA or EU region. Second, I don't think League allows people to duo q if they're 2 rank divisions above or below your duo so if you're gold and below, I can't carry you. :(

I believe we have a few gafers who are around silver to gold and a few more who are smurfing. Perhaps they could help you? I'm assuming you're gold below because once you're plat and above, carrying may happen both ways lol.

---
I've been looking up champion.gg and saw that one of Darius' biggest counters is Riven and Quinn. I could understand Quinn since she shits on 100% of any melee characters top lane but it was surprising to see Riven when I think Darius was once a hard match up for Riven. I guess it's why Riven's ban rate went up so much in our region.

patchday

I suspect Riven is shown merely because she's so easy to play (mana-less) and when she ults, Darius can get caught off guard if he's low on hp and trying to run away.

Talking out of my rear because I've never faced Darius as Riven. Been meaning to play Riven more esp since I've bought her Arcade skin

To add- I got my Riven rune page right where I want it almost. Purchased a lot of CDR runes. Next time I play Riven I should be a real monster

faridmon

Wow Leona really turned into a beast for me. I simply follow the item/runes/spells build on champion.gg for her (optimal build)

She has now successfully beaten both Blizzcrank and Tahm Kench out of bot Lane. Last match got to face Tahm support.

Ghost is Bad you might not remem but a few pages ago you recommend if Blitz yanks me to him just simply beat him up. That blew my mind at the time but yeah that's all I do.

I feel like a fool but it took me a few games to realize her ultimate was ranged and it recharges quick. Fun times with her

All right that's my win of the day. Might get on later

Thats pretty much applies for many tanky supps such Neut and Allistar. Because at that point you are asking to be yanked just to get rid him sooner.

Speaking of which I need to pick up a tanky supp and learn how to use them

The stats would disagree. Darius win rate drops to 45% against Riven

We are trying to figure out why exactly
Champion.gg match up win rate data is pretty much worthless because there is no way to isolate laning from the rest of the game. It can vary from a number of factors between Riven being better at forcing games to close with incessant split pushing or better teamfighting.

Playing a full melee champion vs Darius just isn't a good time, even if you have multiple dashes.

looks nice but u should've made bg transparent so it works on dark neogaf too

yea i've no idea how to do that. that is, let me rephrase: i don't know how to make the bg transparent so that it has black text on the images, yet works on the dark theme.

it was originally transparent and was hard to read on dark so I made the background the color of a default opening post so that it would still blend on light theme while providing the requisite contrast for dark theme.

yea i've no idea how to do that. that is, let me rephrase: i don't know how to make the bg transparent so that it has black text on the images, yet works on the dark theme.

it was originally transparent and was hard to read on dark so I made the background the color of a default opening post so that it would still blend on light theme while providing the requisite contrast for dark theme.
Just make the text black with no BG anyways but highlight the words with the same gray tone from the default GAF theme and presto it works on both

Just make the text black with no BG anyways but highlight the words with the same gray tone from the default GAF theme and presto it works on both

ah. highlight the words...do you happen to have a thread that could serve as an example. And a specific photoshop effect you're referencing? drawing blanks. I thought about it but looked at the Destiny TTK thread and this LoL thread and was like, "okay I guess everyone just uses a flat background color".

edit: oh for reference sake, I tried a small stroke around the text, but the font is too small to look decent with a stroke.everything just gets ugly. Maybe if I do another OT one day, I'll make it in a bigger font to account better for dark theme. Otherwise, just having a flat background works well enough.

ah. highlight the words...do you happen to have a thread that could serve as an example. And a specific photoshop effect you're referencing? drawing blanks. I thought about it but looked at the Destiny TTK thread and this LoL thread and was like, "okay I guess everyone just uses a flat background color".

edit: oh for reference sake, I tried a small stroke around the text, but the font is too small to look decent with a stroke.everything just gets ugly. Maybe if I do another OT one day, I'll make it in a bigger font to account better for dark theme. Otherwise, just having a flat background works well enough.
Try making a softer, blurry stroke, something like this:
It should look decent enough even with smaller text.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If only I could get away with an avatar like this.

XvaPdQ1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom