• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Any tips on when I should be using Nami's ulti? I get that it's probably at its strongest when I'm buffing several teammates while dealing a bit of damage to enemies, but it appears to be a lot harder to use than the ultis of other characters I've tried, such as Morgana or Kog.

So far I've been liking Nami quite a bit, but it's a bit sad how she probably can't fit any role other than support, unlike Morgana who can go mid by focusing on her W or support by leveling her Q instead.

Then there's the whole jungle role, which has been a complete mystery for me so far. I get that I'm probably supposed to look some guide up on the internet, but it's a bit weird how it isn't a role that's as easy to understand as mid/top/adc/supp, which are mostly about staying in your respective lane for the early game while the jungle has to remember which mobs he can go for and in which order, and also to pack runes in order to make grinding neutral mobs viable in order to keep up with the rest of the team and supporting them with timely sneak attacks that lead into ganks.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Any tips on when I should be using Nami's ulti? I get that it's probably at its strongest when I'm buffing several teammates while dealing a bit of damage to enemies, but it appears to be a lot harder to use than the ultis of other characters I've tried, such as Morgana or Kog.

So far I've been liking Nami quite a bit, but it's a bit sad how she probably can't fit any role other than support, unlike Morgana who can go mid by focusing on her W or support by leveling her Q instead.

Then there's the whole jungle role, which has been a complete mystery for me so far. I get that I'm probably supposed to look some guide up on the internet, but it's a bit weird how it isn't a role that's as easy to understand as mid/top/adc/supp, which are mostly about staying in your respective lane for the early game while the jungle has to remember which mobs he can go for and in which order, and also to pack runes in order to make grinding neutral mobs viable in order to keep up with the rest of the team and supporting them with timely sneak attacks that lead into ganks.
My jungle route for AD's junglers always goes like this: start rocks, red, gromp, blue, scuttle, and finally top or mid or back(depending of on my ganks). I just reverse the route for ap junglers.

23qwerty

0hxtWuL.png

B1uJBGJ.png

gosu ruining ADC olaf's game

Calvero

Banned
had two of the most toxic players on my team just now. they reported me for "refusing to help the team" even though I was in constant communication. Lucian talked some shit after game and I just said thanks and he melted

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
had two of the most toxic players on my team just now. they reported me for "refusing to help the team" even though I was in constant communication. Lucian talked some shit after game and I just said thanks and he melted
Sometimes it only takes to be nice to truly make a person salt.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I have never seen so much hate spewed forth when someone calls out a lane before another. Queued up with friend in normal and he called ADC on connecting, but another teammate was adamant that they were first to ADC call. Queue an entire game of racist remarks and just pure hatred, plus people roaming and trolling.

Somehow we still won, but holy shit.

jerd

In the jungle i say Q first always. With E max your clears are way slower and your ganks are kinda crap.

Hella damage for sure tho. I max E vs melee no doubt top and you can just rock people

Olaf jungle usually maxes Q for better clears and ganks.

Nami's ult is hella versatile, it all depends on what team and situation you're in.

Leezard

Like Stone Ocean said, Nami's ult is very versatile. Let me expand on it.

In team fights if your team engages you often want to try to follow up the engage, if you hit 3-4 targets it's excellent. Sometimes you might want to save it if you know you will need extra peel, but most of the times the follow up cc on the engage is enough for it to not be needed.

If your team gets engaged upon, you can, depending on position, hit the engager to protect a priority target or his team, so the team won't be able to follow up the engage. If you're in a good position you can hit the engager and his team, which is huge. In any fight where you can hit both the enemy frontline and the enemy backline with the same ult, even if they are far apart from each other, you've provided a huge amount of cc and it can win you the team fight even if you are behind.

When you're roaming you can use a long range ult to assist in skirmishes, which can swing the tide in the fight or just give yourself enough time to join in and help. Long range ults can be difficult to hit though, so it takes some practice.

Trying to use the ult as an engage is difficult and almost always a waste since it's so slow; enemies can easily sidestep it if they are not already engaged in battle or about to run into your own team.

When you're chasing someone or about to receive a gank it's possible to position the ult so the enemies have the choice of getting hit by the wave or dodge into a direction which allows you or your team to catch up to the enemy anyway. Example in bot lane (ms paint go):
3YEtBmu.png
S4b9koI.png

If you can force them to delay their escape a bit it can allow your jungler or adc to get near enough to apply cc or start to deal damage. If they get hit by the ult you're happy anyway. It can be difficult to judge when you have to use the ult like this, since the effect is a bit more subtle than if you just make a direct hit with the ult.

garath

Finally got a game of Elise under me since the latest nerfs. I definitely feel the spiderling and Q damage hit late game. I think i even recorded the lowest damage ever for me. I even got out damaged by the zyra support despite a solid kda. She's still as potent as ever early game though. Probably a good trade off. She's like an AP Lee sin. All early game pressure, late game CC bot and damage sponge.

Still worth keeping in my personal rotation. She's a joy to play with the lower ping. Seriously, going from 120 to 40 is amazing.

jerd

We really should doodle more in this thread

Also, dead mans plate is amazing in the jungle. Build it second on damn near anyone

Finally got a game of Elise under me since the latest nerfs. I definitely feel the spiderling and Q damage hit late game. I think i even recorded the lowest damage ever for me. I even got out damaged by the zyra support despite a solid kda. She's still as potent as ever early game though. Probably a good trade off. She's like an AP Lee sin. All early game pressure, late game CC bot and damage sponge.

Still worth keeping in my personal rotation. She's a joy to play with the lower ping. Seriously, going from 120 to 40 is amazing.
This would have happened anyway.

killatopak

Gold Member
Tried out Eve jungle and I suck as well. Her jungle clears aren't that good as well as her sustain. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the jungle hates me.

garath

Tried out Eve jungle and I suck as well. Her jungle clears aren't that good as well as her sustain. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the jungle hates me.

Probably not using the right rune page? Her clears are really fast. Have to juggle the first buff a little bit but she should clear pretty quickly without getting too scary low.

Be sure to line up the Q to hit everything, kite the mobs a little bit as needed. Even saving a few hits can do a lot.

Runes I use are: AP quints, AP glyphs, armor seals and AD marks.

killatopak

Gold Member
Yeah. I'm using the standard ap rune page with no ad reds. I thought using masteries eith mixed ap and ad would be enough but I guess not. I'll probably try her again after I get more rune pages. For now I'll stick to more ad oriented junglers.

Jeff-DSA

I played a couple of matches for the first time in about 4 months.

1st game: had an AFK support that sat on the fountain for the first 15 minutes. I played well in the jungle, but it was too much to overcome.

2nd game: I was playing support, and it got out of hand early. My ADC was super aggressive and fed the Vayne. We got rolled.

So it's all the same as it ever was. Feels good to be back.

Nekofrog

Banned
made plat2 last night. the diamond dream might yet be alive.

even did it with 2 yasuo's on my team the other night. what a time to be alive.

drawkcaB

I played a couple of matches for the first time in about 4 months.

1st game: had an AFK support that sat on the fountain for the first 15 minutes. I played well in the jungle, but it was too much to overcome.

2nd game: I was playing support, and it got out of hand early. My ADC was super aggressive and fed the Vayne. We got rolled.

So it's all the same as it ever was. Feels good to be back.

You should use LoL as a motivator for your diet. Every time you get a bad teammate you have to do a quick 10 minute run after the match. You'll be skin and bones by Sunday!

Had another pair of Tahm matches last night, one in the jungle, one support. I know his win rate in the jungle is better, and it could be his strongest position, but I prefer him at support. I feel like my performance as jungle Tahm is entirely dependent on how the match evolves pre-6. Is my team even or ahead? Tahm is going to be a beast. Behind? Kinda fucked. Haven't really played in a loss where I felt I still did really well, the opposite is true too - haven't played in a win where I felt I was carried.

I guess the bright spot in my Tahm losses, particularly in the jungle, is that I never would have picked him into those opposing teams. The blind nature of TB unfortunately has a way of throwing a wrench into feeling out the strength of a champion.

Still like Tahm, need to try him top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom