• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
It went well.

037dffd9a0.jpg

no

we were playing the entire game

unfortunately it turns out my other teammates decided to amputate their arms during loading screen.

being that shit at video games should be a crime.

patchday

It went well.

pics like the one you posted frustrate me cause in all of my matches I'm the only dude upgrading my trinket. I'm not kidding either see my match history. (oh snap I done hit 3.40 k/d/a now, too bad that doesnt appear to matter in MOBAs)

At least in the pic Ghost posted only 2 folks upgraded their trinke so thats not frustating to look at :)

Leezard

Now do it on your main acc.

Anyways, that was just a joke post. Ghost went 0/0/0 lol.
That is not my account, that is the swain in Ghost's game.

Edit:
Oh, now I get it. I thought you referred to swain as the support main in Ghost's game.
I'm too tired today.

I would say Dunkeys base is big enough that those who are only interested in League videos aren't that big of a deal to him. He's legit funny outside of League, and big enough that having a diverse catalog of videos is better than worrying about League.

Quonny

I'm sure, but I know a lot of people (anecdotally of course) who only check on his channel when a new League video is posted then might stay for another non-League video.

I know I won't check on his channel unless it's League related, personally.

Half of the video is just retreading his Riot rant over and over with the one funny Sky bit. If this is the type of League content his channel will have from now on he might as well stop doing League videos for good because I don't watch his videos to see him begging for attention so hard.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
His funniest videos are when he's not playing League. Skyrim was hilarious.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem with the video is that being all passive aggressive like that only makes you look salty and kind of pathetic

like, if u think riot's unfair and whiny and their game is no longer fun then just move on with your life, you're a youtube celebrity, you can do whatever the hell you want with ur time

but like this just makes me think he maybe wasn't getting that many views without league or something

i dunno, i kind of liked his league videos sometimes, i like drama so i'll enjoy this but i think he looks bad in this situation

also i love how these kind of incidents bring up all the creepy anti-sjw people in reddit. it's such a joy for me to read how miserable they feel not being able to express their feelings

NotLiquid

So dunkey uploaded a new video of him playing League(And subsequently insulting a Rioter in game, getting banned again, and then he..took down the video claiming riot ceased and desisted? Dunno)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXG7XzefI_0

.....I found the video funny.

Pretty funny video. Sky kind of made it clear that Dunkey was taking the piss in regards to his ban with him not seriously believing he didn't deserve it (as if him joking about it in his Super Mario Bros. 2 video wasn't clear enough) and that him shifting over from League content was already something that he'd been working on as he was getting a bit tired of the game.

Since Dunkey's persona is based off of implied truths mixed with absurdism I find it funny how most of his fans latched on so desperately onto the whole "Dunkey deserves the ban and he needs to stop being a baby" train and looked passed his main reason for quitting which wasn't just over some petty issue. His comment on this original upload which cleared the air stated he wanted to continue doing League vids intermittently but just not at a regular basis, and Leah even reiterated it a few days ago. I'm still siding with Sky on this one.

Dunkey doesn't need League to get views. His Metal Gear videos have proven he's still potent without them (and his non-League videos are so much better) so I really don't think that has anything to do with it. His most viewed video on his channel isn't even a League video. I'm pretty sure at this point more people know him for Ultimate Skyrim.

killatopak

Gold Member
Dunkey's good?

I haven't watched any of his vids and I only know him from some of Sky's and Gbay's videos. Maybe I should watch some of his vids.

Dunkey's good?

I haven't watched any of his vids and I only know him from some of Sky's and Gbay's videos. Maybe I should watch some of his vids.

He's preeeettty funny. Like, he has legit comedy in him.

Yeah, he definitely doesn't need League anymore. He may have started with League, but he's carried himself well outside of it. And yeah, that video I see as him taking the piss on Riots penny. I don't see him as being serious about it, seeing as he's insulting a Rioter to his face, so people getting worked up and being happy he's banned are well...well it's funny they think he's serious.

NotLiquid

Dunkey's good?

His Skyrim video is a pretty good representation of the stuff you can expect on his channel. His recent Metal Gear Solid V video is also pretty legendary.

League-wise I think my favorite is Escape From Hell 2 if only because you can probably replace the video itself with any Ranked online game. A lot of people are also fond of his Slam House and Operation Teemo video last I recall.

killatopak

Gold Member
He's preeeettty funny. Like, he has legit comedy in him.

600 videos.. this will take a while.
His Skyrim video is a pretty good representation of the stuff you can expect on his channel. His recent Metal Gear Solid V video is also pretty legendary.

League-wise I think my favorite is Escape From Hell 2 if only because you can probably replace the video itself with any Ranked online game. A lot of people are also fond of his Slam House and Operation Teemo video last I recall.
Thanks. I guess I'll start from there.

Pretty funny video. Sky kind of made it clear that Dunkey was taking the piss in regards to his ban with him not seriously believing he didn't deserve it (as if him joking about it in his Super Mario Bros. 2 video wasn't clear enough) and that him shifting over from League content was already something that he'd been working on as he was getting a bit tired of the game.

Since Dunkey's persona is based off of implied truths mixed with absurdism I find it funny how most of his fans latched on so desperately onto the whole "Dunkey deserves the ban and he needs to stop being a baby" train and looked passed his main reason for quitting which wasn't just over some petty issue. His comment on this original upload which cleared the air stated he wanted to continue doing League vids intermittently but just not at a regular basis, and Leah even reiterated it a few days ago. I'm still siding with Sky on this one.

Dunkey doesn't need League to get views. His Metal Gear videos have proven he's still potent without them (and his non-League videos are so much better) so I really don't think that has anything to do with it. His most viewed video on his channel isn't even a League video. I'm pretty sure at this point more people know him for Ultimate Skyrim.
The one that made the whole thing about the ban was Dunkey himself. That video was the equivalent of written sarcasm, specially considering the type of humor he does and youtube comments - who reads that shit - aren't the place to go "lolpsych". Then he doubles down on the "joke" after the dust has settled and is he really surprised it backfired?

Fake drama isn't funny. Reddit is already enough of a cesspool as it is.

NotLiquid

The one that made the whole thing about the ban was Dunkey himself. That video was the equivalent of written sarcasm, specially considering the type of humor he does and youtube comments - who reads that shit - aren't the place to go "lolpsych". Then he doubles down on the "joke" after the dust has settled and is he really surprised it backfired?

Fake drama isn't funny. Reddit is already enough of a cesspool as it is.

Shitty joke or not, what's important is reading between the lines. Dunkey got bored of League and figured the ban was as good of a moment as any to jump out of it, or at least heavily dial down on it. It's not the first time he used "toxicity" as a springboard for a joke and if anything I'd say it calls back to his Top 10 Stupidest League People video where he made fun of every conceivable stereotype by embodying one. In his original video where he announced him quitting League he didn't actually take the discussion seriously until after he ranted about his ban (which was still framed in a humorous light).

I can agree that the new video might have taken that particular joke too far (i.e know when to quit), but Dunkey quitting or even resuming in limited capacity has had nothing to do with any sort of hypocrisy on his part, or ticking off an arbitrary view number. His subscribers only increased after he abandoned the game. I'll call it a bad joke but I've never understood the disdain he got from his decision. It wasn't exactly misplaced conceit.

But yes I do agree that the Reddit people have been taking things too far so no need to fan the flames on that end. If anything I'd say removing that video proved what Sky said about him being more self conscious than people realize so he most likely feels culpability in having enabled it.

The disdain basically comes from the ban rant since his video footage aside he's just not a player you want to get matched with in solo Q so to speak, so having him act like he didn't deserve getting banned rubs people the wrong way, joke or not.

All he had to do was make the exact same video without the ban part and none of this would have happened. Not having fun anymore, that's understandable, we look forward to the next video, the end. Dragging this out with a low effort video is kinda insulting, specially after the videos he put out recently.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, if he was trying to be sarcastic with his first video he was doing a really poor job at it, saying things like riot shouldn't ban him because he's a popular youtuber isn't gonna get him on ppl's good side

i mean, if he was trying to be sarcastic with his first video he was doing a really poor job at it, saying things like riot shouldn't ban him because he's a popular youtuber isn't gonna get him on ppl's good side

He's super sarcastic/not seirous. His whole 'I emailed riot if they could unban me to finish this video' is well...not serious. Riot doesn't unban a toxic person for shit. He was being facetious. I should know, I'm facetious as fuck.

Edit-although apparently Riot does do favors for famous youtubers according to Skys videos? Hrm. yeah fuck Riot.

His funniest videos are when he's not playing League. Skyrim was hilarious.
I agree with this. To me the whole league content creators is kinda stale. They all seem the same, 9 minute video where the splice clips together and put some memes over it. Or here is a cool build that's off meta but super good. Then everyone tries it and goes 0/15/0 and realizes it is total shit.
Some video sky does are pretty funny. I like Darkk mane stuff.
But over all they all kinda seen the same. Only league YouTuber I really can't stand is überdanger.

zkylon

zkylewd
He's super sarcastic/not seirous. His whole 'I emailed riot if they could unban me to finish this video' is well...not serious. Riot doesn't unban a toxic person for shit. He was being facetious. I should know, I'm facetious as fuck.
i dunno, i don't follow the dude, but both his videos sounded to me like whining

there's always bias but sky's video even takes it very seriously so i dunno, i feel like the "sarcasm" card is an easy save but not sure if i buy it

it wasn't 17 pages of whining like link or anything, but it was close

Edit-although apparently Riot does do favors for famous youtubers according to Skys videos? Hrm. yeah fuck Riot.
ah i remember the days when your shitposting was gone and the thread was much better for it

Only LoL youtuber i give a hoot about is Blakinola.

sykkuno!

i dunno, i don't follow the dude, but both his videos sounded to me like whining

there's always bias but sky's video even takes it very seriously so i dunno, i feel like the "sarcasm" card is an easy save but not sure if i buy it

ah i remember the days when your shitposting was gone and the thread was much better for it

you feel it too don't you

this phantom pain of me not being here

zkylon

zkylewd
it's actually a very similar thing to you now that i think about it

ppl that don't give a shit don't act as butthurt as you do

salty videos are not a great way of showing how "over it" you are

NotLiquid

Yeah anyone who's followed him for a while knows he's always on a thin line between being a convincing stereotype but also a parody of one, which has partially been the charm with him. Dunkey is a hell of a good actor in more ways than one which is why his persona has lasted. For example his NSMBU video is crazy in how so much of it is honest criticism but also taking the piss out of many people who do criticize it.

Which isn't to say that the jokes he tried to make in this video were necessary (even though I found it funny how he mused about wanting to call people scumfuck bastards while the Earthbound credits music was playing). Stone Ocean was right, due to circumstance the need for humor wasn't really necessary. But mismanagement aside I respect his admitted honesty, so forgive and forget I feel. Dunkey's still good enough for me to look aside how he screwed up this situation, hell even his friends felt he overreacted a bit.

In terms of League videos I'm with Mostmanlyman in that League YouTubers in general have me bored but I do enjoy Sky's videos from time to time, partially also cause I like his personality, and he's also a good Smash commentator so there's that lol

Only LoL youtuber i give a hoot about is Blakinola.

isn't he infamous for stealing content in his videos and generally being a dick?

Dunkey's great, I'll continue to watch his videos even if they're not League. imo some of his best content has been his non league videos, which still get a lot of attention.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah anyone who's followed him for a while knows he's always on a thin line between being a convincing stereotype but also a parody of one, which has partially been the charm with him. Dunkey is a hell of a good actor in more ways than one which is why his persona has lasted. For example his NSMBU video is crazy in how so much of it is honest criticism but also taking the piss out of many people who do criticize it.

Which isn't to say that the jokes he tried to make in this video were necessary (even though I found it funny how he mused about wanting to call people scumfuck bastards while the Earthbound credits music was playing). Stone Ocean was right, due to circumstance the need for humor wasn't really necessary. But mismanagement aside I respect his admitted honesty, so forgive and forget I feel. Dunkey's still good enough for me to look aside how he screwed up this situation, hell even his friends felt he overreacted a bit.

In terms of League videos I'm with Mostmanlyman in that League YouTubers in general have me bored but I do enjoy Sky's videos from time to time, partially also cause I like his personality, and he's also a good Smash commentator so there's that lol

i mean, sure, he didn't do anything heinous or anything, so it's not much condemnation or anything, but it just feels like he's throwing a tantrum and fake drama is super lame

i mean, sure, he didn't do anything heinous or anything, so it's not much condemnation or anything, but it just feels like he's throwing a tantrum and fake drama is super lame
Yeah I felt like there was enough drama after him saying he was leaving.
When I first saw the video on my subscription feed I thought it was going to be the video he wanted to make before he got banned. But then it was him kinda just being salty in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom