• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambition

Uhh why is this in my icon inventory?
jlUXmSs.png

When is the last day for this season? I wish I could play more League. Nothing like being almost ready for dinner then getting called to work until midnight!

garath

When is the last day for this season? I wish I could play more League. Nothing like being almost ready for dinner then getting called to work until midnight!

I'd love to know myself. I don't think they've announced it yet? Personally I want it to end so I can play ranked without worrying about dropping to silver. I want my gold rewards before I plummet like a rock. I've been in promos for gold iv for about a month now lol

I'd love to know myself. I don't think they've announced it yet? Personally I want it to end so I can play ranked without worrying about dropping to silver. I want my gold rewards before I plummet like a rock. I've been in promos for gold iv for about a month now lol

Yeah I want to know so that I know how long I have to get out of silver. I didn't play ranked because they disabled devourer and I was scared that some one on my team was going to be a devourer jungler like ww. Also I end up playing devourer jgers because I think that my lee sin and rengar isn't that great yet.

noot and i almost never ever have to support because there's always a support main or an off support main in lobby.
To me it always seems that no one wants jg. I usually end up playing jg if I'm not duoing, even though I usually play mid or top when I'm playing normals.

Nekofrog

Banned
the number of times where newt and i have been last picks but still gotten our roles is surprisingly high

i think ive hit the elo where when you say a role pref, people look you up before saying "lol no thats my main role" and see that you're better than them and give it to you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I mean, anyone can be a support main since support has just turned into build sightstone into whatever the fuck you want. If a solo laner or jungler gets stuck with support they just end up playing a weaker version of their lane.

JulianImp

Most people tend to avoid supp in normal 5v5 games, which makes picking that role with Nami a lot easier. I guess I'll try Azir out in mid this week just for the sake of shaking things up and not being a one-trick pony, though.

Still saving IP up for Kog in case they announce its Monarch skin, since I'd hate to miss out on it due to buying some other champion.

Nekofrog

Banned
I mean, anyone can be a support main since support has just turned into build sightstone into whatever the fuck you want. If a solo laner or jungler gets stuck with support they just end up playing a weaker version of their lane.

i disagree with that statement on a fundamental level

yes, supports were visionbots at one time in the game, but that was a long time ago. support champions can make so many plays right now it's insane.

Negaduck

I just never understood the 'lane or feed' mentality. Like just play something else this isn't the last game of league ever.

Teams in-fighting before the game even starts makes no sense to me. Or talking shit on each other, it should be the opposite. Building each other up, wishing the team luck and hoping you guys body the other team so bad they want to uninstall.

Like just play and win the damn game. Then if you dislike a player who cares, you may never encounter them again.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
i disagree with that statement on a fundamental level

yes, supports were visionbots at one time in the game, but that was a long time ago. support champions can make so many plays right now it's insane.

Supports were always the playmakers even when they were "ward bots." The influx of gold into the role has made AP heavy supports viable and overall more fun to play of course. Now instead of winning through wards you can actually win through items which many more people prefer hence why you don't see too many "ANYTHING BUT SUPPORT" spammers.

zkylon

zkylewd
Supports were always the playmakers even when they were "ward bots." The influx of gold into the role has made AP heavy supports viable and overall more fun to play of course. Now instead of winning through wards you can actually win through items which many more people prefer hence why you don't see too many "ANYTHING BUT SUPPORT" spammers.
yeah, specially since over time riot has been giving supports lots of fun to build items to use that gold on

Leezard

Uhh why is this in my icon inventory?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/player-behavior/positive-play-icon-unlocked

Positive Play icon!

I just got one in my list too.

When 5.18 dropped, we powered up the instant feedback system and shared that positive players would earn an exclusive Summoner Icon. If you met the requirements (no restrictions or bans 6/15–9/15), your icon should be unlocked right now.
Thanks for being a positive force!

The requirements are lax so even Newt should get one.

That link for the Pick'em group lets me look at it, but I can't join it. Can someone provide the invite link?

Oh, I did not have access to the invite link. zkylon can probably provide it.

Bacon

Sat down at 7:00 to play league. It's now 7:52 and I'm finally getting into a game. Is this what challenger feels like

JulianImp

OMG, it really works as advertised! I managed to get two pretty good ults in the last match I played, doing quite well while supporting Quinn adc against Ashe and Morgana in bot (hated to be on the receiving end of her Q and E, though). Then we had a Veigar who was AFK the whole match and a jungle Shyvana who had to go mid to make up for that, all while Jax got overpowered at top and we were quickly facing the constant threat of roaming Yi and Sejuani screwing us up. And to think that we were at least doing decently at the bottom lane...

I'm getting more used to bubbling defensively in order to stave off approaching enemies, and am no longer spamming W recklessly and running out of mana too quickly. Still got to work on actually using signs to communicate, but I think I'm slowly getting better at filling my role in general and not dragging my team down too much.

zkylon

zkylewd
poor costy, spending half of his every day shredding noot's report files and burning all the evidence so lyte doesn't find out about the one hole in the system

That link for the Pick'em group lets me look at it, but I can't join it. Can someone provide the invite link?

quote for link

This is a large part of it I think. More gold and being able to buy items is more fun for people.
lack of cool new items was one of the reasons i wasn't a big fan of the support changes back on release, they were making supports less unique by taking away the whole vision wars thing and were just giving u more gold to spend on tank items. that wasn't much fun or interesting, it was replacing something boring with something that's also boring, but it's not even uniquely boring lol.

but with time they improved itemization a lot with things like making the locket vs banner choice more interesting, adding righteous glory and new zekes (zekes isn't the most fun item ever but it's got a cool buildpath at least) and just general balance on support items. there's still stuff that didn't work out, like ardent censer and how dumb it was to randomly buff coin line (i think coin line overall should probably not exist or at least be WAY less rewarding than the other ones), but iirc support itemization has been in a pretty decent spot for the whole season so that's pretty nice

thanks for the games GAF!

We even got Xelnath to play with us!
pffttt xelnath

get me xypherous

That moment when Syndra gets outdamaged by Thresh.
i swear playing as syndra in a meta in which shen is op is so fucking frustrating lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom