• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How many of you played when triple Dblade > Wriggle's > PD was a viable AD carry option?

Holy shit, Wriggle's Lantern. Blast from the past. For some reason that item reminds of Madred's Bloodrazer. A Kog'Maw with that item was just disgusting.

Leezard

How many of you played when triple Dblade > Wriggle's > PD was a viable AD carry option?
I did. I played mostly top lane back then, but wriggles was pretty much necessary there as well.
I did, but I was a total shitter back then and built runaan's every game.
Runaan's didn't exist back then.

OMG, it really works as advertised! I managed to get two pretty good ults in the last match I played, doing quite well while supporting Quinn adc against Ashe and Morgana in bot (hated to be on the receiving end of her Q and E, though). Then we had a Veigar who was AFK the whole match and a jungle Shyvana who had to go mid to make up for that, all while Jax got overpowered at top and we were quickly facing the constant threat of roaming Yi and Sejuani screwing us up. And to think that we were at least doing decently at the bottom lane...

I'm getting more used to bubbling defensively in order to stave off approaching enemies, and am no longer spamming W recklessly and running out of mana too quickly. Still got to work on actually using signs to communicate, but I think I'm slowly getting better at filling my role in general and not dragging my team down too much.
Cool, I'm glad that it helped. You can try to run a couple of mana regen runes to make it possible to spam W more often.

lost the saddest match. forgot to get one of those Veils and got hit with a 2075 damage ult from viegar. lost track of my character and didn't realize he was close enough to use it. Rest of the team was kinda bad but I was keeping us in the ballgame.

Holy shit, Wriggle's Lantern. Blast from the past. For some reason that item reminds of Madred's Bloodrazer. A Kog'Maw with that item was just disgusting.
I don't think I ever had any luck with on-hit Kog. Probably for the best he has a more 'normal' item build (well, either AD or AP, depending on what day it is and what mood Riot's in)

I think the only metagolem I played regularly was GP and I deviated a bit by getting CDR boots and IE and FoN.

Been playing nothing but Diana jungle recently and it's been working out pretty well. The ganks aren't honestly that bad. You've got damage, a gap closer and a slow. Usually I save my second ult in case they try to flash or whatever.

Jungling is just the role for me I think. I like being all over the map. I like calling the shots. And the variety in champions is cool.

In contrast, I despise laning. Went top Lissandra against a Udyr the other day. He couldn't get near me and I was doing negative damage to him. So we basically farmed for 20 minutes until the surrender vote came in. Never been so bored in my life.

Started playing AP WW since the Devourer item's been removed. Damn i am kicking ass.

I am on a 4 game winning streak with AP Jungle WW. I think most people are just surprised by the dmg output and the early ganks. As AP, I get red and go straight for a gank. Usually if I can get two q's off, then they have to back or lose lane.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm glad that devourer has been gone for a while. While it's been good that my junglers aren't afk farming anymore, the bad part is I have to be more aware in case someone ganks me since the enemy jungler isn't afk farming as well.

Finally had 4 games as Riven in normals since she's banned a lot in ranked. It's been a month since I used her as much and it's refreshing to play your main again. I won all 4 of course. Normals are kinda a pubstomp and people surrender very quickly. Ranked is like 1-9-3 guy shouts we can still win while having 2 inhibs down. I kinda miss that.

Quonny

Devourer is a really fun item implemented poorly. An item that doubles your on-hits and has cool interactions? Yes please. An item that makes your jungle an AFK farm bot? No thanks.

Raxious

Started playing AP WW since the Devourer item's been removed. Damn i am kicking ass.

I am on a 4 game winning streak with AP Jungle WW. I think most people are just surprised by the dmg output and the early ganks. As AP, I get red and go straight for a gank. Usually if I can get two q's off, then they have to back or lose lane.

What do you build and use as runes / masteries for AP WW?

jerd

I mean at least now they stop farming at some point

With old devourer/feral flare you could never get that mfer out of the jungle

I get slated from kills, who needs jungle creeps.
What I usually do is gank bot then get drag or just solo drag for a lot of stacks. I always find it funny when devourer jugglers don't go for drag. I don't think people understand how important it is.

A Devourer jungler that fully knows what he's doing is allright. The problem is that 90% of the people that pick this thing do so because think they can just do jack shit for 20 minutes and still win.

Bacon

A Devourer jungler that fully knows what he's doing is allright. The problem is that 90% of the people that pick this thing do so because think they can just do jack shit for 20 minutes and still win.

I was in a game a couple weeks ago where the jungler came bot lane, we got a double kill and started rotating for an easy first dragon, and then the jungler backs and tells us to wait because he didn't have devourer yet so he wouldn't get the stacks from drag.

So yeah, some of them are just dumb as shit

I've been noticing a lot more people trying to play Lux support since last patch? Maybe its because I'm in Bronze but it definitely wasn't this common before, and it still seems like everything she does as a support, Morg does better. Am I missing something?

Also Zed seems to be getting a lot more play while he still arms to have the problem that made everyone stop playing him a while ago.

Leezard

I've been noticing a lot more people trying to play Lux support since last patch? Maybe its because I'm in Bronze but it definitely wasn't this common before, and it still seems like everything she does as a support, Morg does better. Am I missing something?

Also Zed seems to be getting a lot more play while he still arms to have the problem that made everyone stop playing him a while ago.

No, Lux support is bad but it keeps getting played in lower ranks because people do not understand how to play support.

killatopak

Gold Member

Tanks at top lane get picked a lot less being replaced by carry top laners like Yasuo and Fiora. The more popular junglers nowadays aren't tanks but champs like elise, lee sin and other carry junglers like Yi. This means that there aren't a lot tanks anymore. There are more squishy champs that get played so assassins get a lot more popular. Expect to see Leblanc return to popularity as well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No, Lux support is bad but it keeps getting played in lower ranks because people do not understand how to play support.
I think there have been times I tried to play the game on a smurf and Lux is the only available champion that even seems like a support.

The one thing I don't like about lux support is that they don't ever buy a sightstone. They go morellos or mejais.

That's pretty much how it's been, they start Doran's Ring and just build straight AP and end the game with their ADC having placed more wards than them.

Tanks at top lane get picked a lot less being replaced by carry top laners like Yasuo and Fiora. The more popular junglers nowadays aren't tanks but champs like elise, lee sin and other carry junglers like Yi. This means that there aren't a lot tanks anymore. There are more squishy champs that get played so assassins get a lot more popular. Expect to see Leblanc return to popularity as well.

I guess the reason it feels underwhelming to me the because down here it's all about juggernauts, particularly Nasus. Like, it's getting to the point where I think I might want to ban Nasus because it's likely going to hit whoever is top or jungle on the other team, unless I decide I'm going to go top since most of my top picks shit on him.

Leezard

Pretty sure they make two ADCs and two Supports free every rotation.

Looking it up, they both existed back then, but when Runaan's came out Wriggles got a rework.

Runaan's did not exist in season 1/pre-season 1, it has only existed since preseason 3 or something like that. Old Wriggles made it possible to outsustain just about any damage in lane.

Newt

Runaan's did not exist in season 1/pre-season 1, it has only existed since preseason 3 or something like that. Old Wriggles made it possible to outsustain just about any damage in lane.
Ah I see. That would make sense since I started playing near the end of s2.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm so ready for the ADC item changes. Played nothing but botlane for the last few weeks and I could use some new stuff. I definitely disagree that ADCs are too weak though. The main problem is that mid-game is really important right now and the vast majority of carries are garbage at that point aside from like Corki.

killatopak

Gold Member
Some ad nerfs on vayne is coming up on pbe. Riven experimental changes are coming too. I hope they won't change Riven much or at all or I'll cry.

I just hope the rumors of them making Quinn an ADC and not an assassin aren't true. People in the Quinn sub on reddit are even talking about how they might get rid of Tag Team all together which is scaring me quite a bit.

I just hope the rumors of them making Quinn an ADC and not an assassin aren't true. People in the Quinn sub on reddit are even talking about how they might get rid of Tag Team all together which is scaring me quite a bit.
There's a sub reddit just for Quinn? lol

Tag Team is probably one of the most boring spells in the game. It changes basically nothing about her abilities, just the range. Also fuck the idea of a ranged AD assassin, if they keep her assassin playstyle then it's time to fully rework her into her melee assassin prototype.

Newt

I'm so ready for the ADC item changes. Played nothing but botlane for the last few weeks and I could use some new stuff. I definitely disagree that ADCs are too weak though. The main problem is that mid-game is really important right now and the vast majority of carries are garbage at that point aside from like Corki.
I'm loving this meta. Vayne every game bby.
9b753808cd1e7a42f61ddbf926e38e64.png

09158d071fa6b11920be601a2c4b98da.png

The idea that ADCs are weak is skewed. It's not exactly being weak as feeling like shit. You don't really do the most damage, your importance comes from killing things that can't fight back better than anyone else - objectives.

Then there's Vayne and how bot lane is a noodle fight fest.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really, really need to learn Vayne. I've put in some time on her but I'm still not quite comfortable.

I'm all about that hypercarry life though. Tristana and Jinx dumpster low elo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom