• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out vayne awhile ago and she is a lot of fun but really challenging. It was a nice change of pace from the usual adc's I play like sivir and kog.

Jeff-DSA

I got mid and murdered a Zed with my old standby, Katarina. Good to see that she's still an unstoppable monster. This is the League that I know.

So I haven't been following, but is Garen super overtuned right now? I've seen him a few times and he just seems to be a bit out of control.

So I haven't been following, but is Garen super overtuned right now? I've seen him a few times and he just seems to be a bit out of control.
Yeah most of the reworked champs are super strong right now. Most bans looks like this Darius, garen, morde, fiora then who ever else they want to ban.

There's a sub reddit just for Quinn? lol

Tag Team is probably one of the most boring spells in the game. It changes basically nothing about her abilities, just the range. Also fuck the idea of a ranged AD assassin, if they keep her assassin playstyle then it's time to fully rework her into her melee assassin prototype.

Yeah, /r/QuinnMains. The people that love Quinn really love Quinn.

Personally I think Tag Team gives her some of the best roams in the game, plus the AoE execute is an amazing finisher for removing the back line, but I'm biased as someone that plays quite a bit of Quinn in top and mid.

Garen is pretty stupid right now. But he's no Darius that's for sure.
There's a Quinn subreddit?

Heaven.
image.php

Ambition

They didn't, which is why they're trying a minor love tap that might or might not ship instead of actual nerfs.

Nerfing Vayne now would kill the champion since a whole bunch of lane bullies are getting reworked in the preseason.

I don't think she needs any nerfs, small or big. I think people should just grind it out until her lane counters get buffed and the meta shifts away from tanky bruisers where Vayne happens to shine. However if it she still happens to be a problem during a meta where she should be weak, go ahead and nerf her.

Newt

Vayne being good has not much to do with the bruiser meta and much more to super low risk gameplay she has right now.

Like sure, I can play Draven, stomp my lane and carry the game but I can do the same with Vayne without worrying about step 2.

This is what I mean, people that play Quinn love the shit out of her.
You should see the mean shit I type about Quinn when I play her, lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
meddler said they're thinking about lowering vayne's base ad so she's got a bit of a rougher laning phase, at least as a simple nerf until preseason comes around

i liked how riot pointed out the problem that positions in the game are set as top/jungle/mid/adc/supp, with it meaning that adc is the only classs that must be in every game in the same position, and that's not great. i kind of want to live in the world where adcs aren't necessary, tho i don't think preseason will bring us that world, i hope it starts setting up things for it

I've been noticing a lot more people trying to play Lux support since last patch? Maybe its because I'm in Bronze but it definitely wasn't this common before, and it still seems like everything she does as a support, Morg does better. Am I missing something?
lux support is not a thing, you might as well play ashe support

it's smearing lux's good name

At this point /r/LeagueofLegends is just a bunch of Richard Lewis clones with their Riot hate, especially the Lyte hating part.
yea reddit is a cesspit, tho gotta admit that post is pretty funny lol

i've been goofing around with veigar lately, i think he's probably one of the least fun mids i've ever played. some of it is my inexperience playing him, but seriously, it's like his first 25 or so minutes are so shit that he has to be compensated by not having to even think to one shot people. yeah it's kind of hilarious to get like 1.3k ap but at least you can do that with cassiopeia while actually being a fun champion

who came up with this shit -___-

zkylon

zkylewd
boardspost_290915.jpg

pretty badass kassadin oce server skin. it's pretty random but it looks cool, not sure what the design is about cos he has like a giant shuriken and kind of looks like an archlight skin, but whatever, it looks cool

it's not gonna be free to oce players because of not very solid reasons, but at least it's 50% off for them i guess

I've already seen Lux support happening. Just stepped back in and already have seen her a couple of times.
just lock her in mid and enjoy

i gotta start playing her with tp, i always forget and run ignite, but i think she'd benefit so much from broken tp to just tp back from base over and over to compensate for her ehh laning

Negaduck

I would enjoy more varied lanes similar to how they are in dota. There are the hard carries but it's not always a ranged carry.

Its more 1-4(?) Roles. Where the 1 spot (usually carry) gets the most farm (or rather needs it) and as the numbers get lower those roles require or need less farm (supports etc).

Right now everything is pretty well locked (aside from double jungle and a few starts here and there) which is fun but could be Better.

Newt

I would enjoy more varied lanes similar to how they are in dota. There are the hard carries but it's not always a ranged carry.

Its more 1-4(?) Roles. Where the 1 spot (usually carry) gets the most farm (or rather needs it) and as the numbers get lower those roles require or need less farm (supports etc).

Right now everything is pretty well locked (aside from double jungle and a few starts here and there) which is fun but could be Better.
I don't see having set roles as an issue. There's a lot of variance within those roles.

zkylon

zkylewd
Live a world where ADCs aren't necessary?

That doesn't sound like fun at all.
why? that doesn't mean you're gonna have to solo lane or that you won't ever play adc, just that it's not gonna be mandatory. think as in picking an tank support vs mage support or assassin vs mage or whatever.

i wonder what new itemization and champion changes might mean for adcs tho, it might just make the kogmaws, vaynes and twitches and ashes different enough that shoving random mordekaisers in to shake things up won't be necessary

i dunno, i really like the craziness of bot morde so i'd love to see some of these conventions broken, which is why i was a big fan of top mages when someone other than lulu was allowed

Do all champions have their own sub or just Quinn? I don't understand that at all she's so boring lol

there's one for lux

Like what? I dont go on reddit so I wouldn't know.

Just type in reddit.com/r/ then the champion name, or the champion name followed by "mains". I know /r/talonmains is one of the more active ones, while there's hilariously dead ones like /r/singedmains.

more active ones
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3cf05k/all_active_champion_main_subreddits/

all ones, list of whether they exist or not:
https://www.reddit.com/r/summonersc...st_of_every_championmains_subreddit_visit_or/

both posts are a couple of months old so they may or may not be accurate today.

most of them are kinda inactive.

Yeah, QuinnMains I can confirm has really gotten more active in the past month or so, so it's worth checking any out if you're interested.

i've been goofing around with veigar lately, i think he's probably one of the least fun mids i've ever played. some of it is my inexperience playing him, but seriously, it's like his first 25 or so minutes are so shit that he has to be compensated by not having to even think to one shot people. yeah it's kind of hilarious to get like 1.3k ap but at least you can do that with cassiopeia while actually being a fun champion

who came up with this shit -___-

I think he's fun. It's fun to have a Xin Zhao try to kill you and then get instagibbed

Maybe some of it is the skin, but stacking the passive on Final Boss Veigar is super satisfying. Hitting two minions at once for the double 1up is fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
patchnotes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-519-notes

I think he's fun. It's fun to have a Xin Zhao try to kill you and then get instagibbed

Maybe some of it is the skin, but stacking the passive on Final Boss Veigar is super satisfying. Hitting two minions at once for the double 1up is fun.
you can do that with syndra or lux and actually have to like combo stuff and think or whatever lol

i mean i don't disagree it's satisfying to watch massive red lifebars deplete and the ramping up mechanic is also satisfying, but i think both the work and payoff are super simplistic and unfun to play. i never really liked weak laning champions, so there's probably some to that

but yea that veigar skin is super cool

Is Riot finally going to get rid of this nonsense?
context?

Negaduck

I don't see having set roles as an issue. There's a lot of variance within those roles.

There is, but 90 percent of games are the heavy top, ap (seen a decent amount of AD recently) mid and supp/ranged ADC and jungler.

No real tri lanes or some of the other interesting lane comps that other games sometimes have

Leezard

E - Judgment
ZEALOUS PERSECUTION Fixed a bug where Judgment was dealing damage to the Villain equal to 1% of Garen’s Health rather than the Villain’s

wow

So, Garen is nerfed a lot with this bug fix.

MF will still be kinda weak late but maybe she can get good in the mid game. Is it enough? We'll see.
That's why I play kog so I can 3 shot people late game. It probably my favorite thing to play is kog with full build, he just does so much damage it is crazy.
Also that feel when you w-sheen proc and crit the other teams adc all in one auto.

Nekofrog

Banned
like i dont think you get how massive a buff that is to shen

especially a shen that takes the mastery that has reduced damage to taunt

that is ginormous for shen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom