• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

13. Since we're thematically tied to "dude with gun or bow" it can make new champion design challenging. This is more of a whiny developer problem and I'd say we did pretty well with Kindred.

wut

In no way are they tied to "gun or bow". There are tons of things characters can project from themselves. The name Marksman was stupid when you tried to push it, no one likes it, just get rid of it.

pls ghost get some imagination

There are also too many marksmen who rely on IE builds/rush to be relevant.

I liked that older Lucian had a variety of builds until Riot shoehorned him into another IE Marksman.

JulianImp

wut

In no way are they tied to "gun or bow". There are tons of things characters can project from themselves. The name Marksman was stupid when you tried to push it, no one likes it, just get rid of it.

It's probably the reason why I like Kog over most other adcs (by design alone, though, since I've barely played any of them). I believe there's probably more than enough design space for champions that shoot non-magical stuff using weapons other than bows, crossbows or guns.

zkylon

zkylewd
wut

i wonder if they'll try and turn ad icons into more marksman-y things instead of swords

also i agree with u, but i think it's a bit trickier than what u say cos like, if you get characters shooting fireballs and shit it's hard to differentiate that from spells. for readability it just makes lots of sense to say gun/bow = adc, magic spell = mage.

but i dunno, kalista and sivir don't have guns/bows, so i guess they can just be throwing shit and that'll be ok. kog and ez and corki are weird cos they all have a lot of magic damage and/or weird shit on their autos, so i guess it makes sense they look different and weird

After the childish fit that he had with players in Cataclysm, I really can't trust Ghostcrawler's opinion.
i mean u shouldn't just "trust" an opinion

just agree or disagree

drawkcaB

i'd say most of those issues are way a bigger deal than crit for adcs

Yes they are.

But this is the also, to my knowledge, the first time that Riot has tacitly admitted RNG for crits is stupid. Their reasoning for crit RNG being ok as opposed to dodge (players feel good about seeing a big number popping up here and there, paraphrasing) has always been cop-out bullshit.

JulianImp

Yes they are.

But this is the also, to my knowledge, the first time that Riot has tacitly admitted RNG for crits is stupid. Their reasoning for crit RNG being ok as opposed to dodge (players feel good about seeing a big number popping up here and there, paraphrasing) has always been cop-out bullshit.

While I don't know much about the LoL metagame, I remember crits being quite annoying if you were playing "for real" in Team Fortress 2, since they often resulted in crazy situations where a crocket would take out a player (or two) out at a moment when they wouldn't die normally. Still, that game has a nocrits parameter (as well as another that removes damage spreads), so I guess it's way easier to customize for competitive environments compared to LoL, where some champions actually rely on crits to do some stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes they are.

i mean, i think they've talked about them not liking rng so much, but also that they value how rng/crit gives some unpredictability to the class that would otherwise be too simple (since autos are not dodgeable like skillshots) even tho it's not a perfect solution

zkylon

zkylewd
me too, but it's such a part of the root of the class' itemization that removing it would mean rebalancing a ton of champions and creating a ton new items

unless u mean crit % becomes a "once every X hits" thing i guess

i mean, i think they've talked about them not liking rng so much, but also that they value how rng/crit gives some unpredictability to the class that would otherwise be too simple (since autos are not dodgeable like skillshots) even tho it's not a perfect solution
That was back when your critless autos actually did damage early.

Riot should turn crit into a sort of focus fire mechanic like Vayne's W, consecutive attacks against the same target without switching increases your damage output by X% up to a cap. This makes it harder for ADCs to just explode other squishies with a couple crits, but also makes it impossible to just tank them forever.

Ambition

UJbHv2X.jpg
my_body_is_ready_deer.gif

Godan

So was just watching TheOddOne's stream there and he did what looks like the mastery badge thing in game and a TSM badge came up. I take it we can go into the files and change them or something so our badge can be something else that only we can see?

Nekofrog

Banned
So was just watching TheOddOne's stream there and he did what looks like the mastery badge thing in game and a TSM badge came up. I take it we can go into the files and change them or something so our badge can be something else that only we can see?

just buy a worlds icon and set that as your icon

i was spamming fnatic all over my enemies dead bodies last night as tahm

Leezard

Some (all?) World's icons replace your mastery emote with that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Do we get to keep that forever or is it a worlds thing only.

Edit: Client store isn't working for me zzzzzz.

Ambition

Guinsoo's Rageblade
[Few changes, hold tight]
Stats + New Passive:
+30 Attack Damage
+40 Ability Power
Passive:Basic attacks (on attack) and spell casts grant +4% Attack Speed and +4 Ability Power for 8 seconds (stacks infinitely).

Sounds fun. imma try it on Corki :D

Do we get to keep that forever or is it a worlds thing only.

Just like the URF icons, you get the effects until the event is over :,(

Godan

Would have picked up the CLG one then if it was all the time but as its for only the event then am out.

Edit: Ended up picking up the CLG one have all there icons from season 3 so want this one too lol.

Bacon

Why is adc all of the sudden not in demand in teambuilder the last couple days? Usually I can find a match within 30 seconds now it's taking forever

wut

it's ok Ghost will solve this problem by making all the 'marksman' like each other ;)

Homogenization is the name, and Ghostcrawler loves to do that

Guinsoo's Rageblade
[Few changes, hold tight]
Stats + New Passive:
+30 Attack Damage
+40 Ability Power
Passive:Basic attacks (on attack) and spell casts grant +4% Attack Speed and +4 Ability Power for 8 seconds (stacks infinitely).
I wonder if this would be good on kog, you would have to do a different build.

zkylon

zkylewd
That was back when your critless autos actually did damage early.

Riot should turn crit into a sort of focus fire mechanic like Vayne's W, consecutive attacks against the same target without switching increases your damage output by X% up to a cap. This makes it harder for ADCs to just explode other squishies with a couple crits, but also makes it impossible to just tank them forever.
yeah i wonder what they'll choose to do, if they even remove crit % at all

not a big fan of the vi skin, i need to see the splash

kass and brand looking pretty neat

Not even 5 AD lol
yeah lol that wasn't even worth the testing hours

And those aren't even the Harrowing skins :^)
they better not be lame like the pool party skins, rito got lots to make up for

also i love how costy was supposed to not post here anymore and now he's just endlessly teasing shit out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom