• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
zky I need that avatar man :(

por favor

sorry, was doing groceries and otherwise having a life that doesn't involve making avatars for the ingrates in this thread

regular size:
P997a3g.png

close up:
efgXODf.png

edit: whoops, forgot to save as png

Let's get all the edgey puns out of the way.

Also, the Chinese KFC promo art was from this piece apparently https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b5/60/11/b560110e6575c240366fd456b2df4811.jpg
yea was trying to find the original art but forgot the artist's name

clemenx

Banned
Such a fun team I just got in aram. Akali, Diana, Katarina, Nocturne and Poppy

We had a rough first couple of minutes due to being melee but once Poppy got her bullshit tankyness going and we got our lvl 6 it was dive city. Was so much fun fuck their Soraka.

Akira

How many fricken skins does Vi and Karma need? They 2-3 every year. Meanwhile Zyra hasn't had a skin since 2013. So much injustice.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You're right. They should make more Sona skins.

Nekofrog

Banned
hey riven mains

check out the changes that garen, darius, skarner, fiora, gangplank just went through

what are you scared of? permaban status? if recent history is anything to go by she'll be horribly broken

yeah honestly im just surprised at how badly it was implemented

u guys should know by now they're gonna completely fuck it up and turn riven into a total monster that can build full tank and somehow do the same damage she does from building full ad right now.

Just played Mordekaiser for the first time since the rework. Got a pentakill (it was ARAM, but still). What in the fuck even is that champion? I'm flabbergasted. How could something like that ever make it to live? Hoooooly shit.

Leezard

holy shit i just realized worlds games are playing at garbage times
this sucks

It's much better than the time it was in NA, that's for sure. :^) Korea finals were ok though.

4.30 pm to 10.30 pm is just about perfect here. There's a rebroadcast in the middle of the night if you avoid spoilers at least.

yeah honestly im just surprised at how badly it was implemented

u guys should know by now they're gonna completely fuck it up and turn riven into a total monster that can build full tank and somehow do the same damage she does from building full ad right now.

I mean, if I understand it right, now Riven can get a 10% boost in all damage? So her burst from her abilities are even stronger.

This reminds me, I actually haven't tried Riven at all since my ping was lowered from 120 to 45.

killatopak

Gold Member
I mean, if I understand it right, now Riven can get a 10% boost in all damage? So her burst from her abilities are even stronger.

This reminds me, I actually haven't tried Riven at all since my ping was lowered from 120 to 45.

10% is if you have full stacks of edge which is not good if it only stacks on champions. Second this severely nerfs her Wind Slash since the damage is gated by how much stacks you have. Wind Slash is the most impactful ability Riven has in team fights. So this is basically a nerf to team fights.

All I see in these changes is that they don't want Riven to be an Assassin anymore and they want to turn her more into a bruiser. Stacking edge means you have to be in a prolonged fight and not small skirmishes. This means you have to buy some tanky items to survive in a prolonged fight.

Potentially, this could be a buff to her laning phase since the edge stays for 10 seconds. You could manage your cooldowns so that you can apply Q-autos and add more edge making you deal more damage overall. You can do that since you only need to be wary of a single person but come teamfights I don't expect Riven to have full stacks of edge at unless she builds a bit tanky.

I don't know why they did these changes. Most of the QQs about Riven is her laning phase and all I see is buff to her laning phase. So basically what this update does is to buff her already good laning phase and nerf her already bad team fights via nerfs to her Wind Slash.

Anyway, I don't know how the changes will affect her since I haven't played that version of her yet but from what I see I don't like it. If this will make her OP then I don't like it either. All that will result is Darius 2.0 where she will be 100% pick or ban.

Nev

Banned
How many fricken skins does Vi and Karma need? They 2-3 every year. Meanwhile Zyra hasn't had a skin since 2013. So much injustice.

What? She got a mediocre skin last year after THREE years with no new skins. And just now they release this generic average skin that feels like yet another wasted opportunity. Even a fire/ice/thunder skin would've been miles better than this shit from "The Dark Souls Ripoff Collection".

I'm still waiting for the promised new splashes for her classic skins and colored particles. How hard can it be to change the goddamn color of a particle? There are more expensive skins that not only change the color but also the model of the particles, yet all of Karma skins except Lotus have the same boring white particle. Sigh.

Vi on the other hand I agree with, that champion needs to be removed from the game instead of more shitty skins.

Oh I forgot it: Karma is still the only character in the game that doesn't have an animation for a shield spell that can be used on others. Even release Janna had one. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom