• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Some fucker logged into my account and used my rp. FUCK!

I don't know what he did with it maybe he gifted a skin or 2 wards skin or something but fuck him. reported in our local forum and awaiting the ban hammer.
Does someone else have your login info?

Also, you can check purchase history in the store.

killatopak

Gold Member
Does someone else have your login info?

Also, you can check purchase history in the store.

Yeah. Two of my friends. I doubt they did it cause if they did they would already confess since I told them what happened and Garena is already looking into my problem.

I don't think our client has a purchase history.

killatopak

Gold Member
Found out I wasn't actually hacked but was part with a group of people who experienced the same situation as me losing a fixed amount of RP. I'm glad I'm not hacked by someone but it's really disappointing for a service to do this. Hopefully they fix this asap.

Edit: Found out some guys also got the same problem but in reverse. They got RP instead. GG garena.

subtles

This season, I have a friend who was gold 1 when I was still silver 2. I'm diamond now and he's plat. The main difference in how I improved faster than him is because I used the same four champions (riven renekton irelia and leona) in all of my ranked games aside from some one time use champs when I don't get the lanes I want. On the other hand, I never see my friend use a champion twice in a row or the same lane in a row. He goes win streak to plat 3 then lose streak to plat 5 0lp. It's good that you can play all lanes but focusing on a lane or two actually makes you improve more. You'll know lane match ups better and improve how to play in a lane faster.

Being a one trick pony can be better in the long run but a disaster when you don't get the champ or the lane you want so IMO it's still better to play a larger champion pool but limit it to a few ones you are confident in. It's also better if you master champions that counter each other so you can adapt when the enemy picks your champ or something.

Trying some off meta builds in ranked can also work out if you practice them in normals first but please stick to the tried and tested cause I find strange builds to work only if you're already pretty good with that champ.

Never play if you're tired of have something urgent to do like work or studies. I find that it distracts you from the game.

Lastly,once you go on a lose streak please take a rest and restart your bearings. I find that very useful especially to get off tilt.

RPyB461.png

These two have been my best champions this season, but they've brought me a great amount of pain in terms of learning. Jayce is incredible difficult as a champion and my team usually doesn't understand how they should play around him late game, which has frustrated me to no end. The tank meta in the jungle/top lane and the fact that he created lopsided team comps also brought me distress. Rumble is a comfort pick and one of my favorite champions in the game and I hope to practice him more in team based settings as I've had some really tough games in solo queue.

If I main Riven, what champion compliments her in covering all top lane match ups and who should I pick when the opponent takes Riven? Like I mentioned in a previous post, practicing my mechanical ability and understanding of cooldowns/skirmishes really attracts me to the champion. I'd guess I would settle on Lulu (and perhaps Ori) for mid/top/support and Nidalee or Ekko for jungle for when I don't get toplane.

Jeff-DSA

I played more Leeg over the weekend. I had the urge to make my full comeback and then yesterday I exercised poor safety with electric hedge trimmers. They saved the tip of my finger, but I can't play for a couple of weeks at least.

Grrr...

killatopak

Gold Member
RPyB461.png

These two have been my best champions this season, but they've brought me a great amount of pain in terms of learning. Jayce is incredible difficult as a champion and my team usually doesn't understand how they should play around him late game, which has frustrated me to no end. The tank meta in the jungle/top lane and the fact that he created lopsided team comps also brought me distress. Rumble is a comfort pick and one of my favorite champions in the game and I hope to practice him more in team based settings as I've had some really tough games in solo queue.

If I main Riven, what champion compliments her in covering all top lane match ups and who should I pick when the opponent takes Riven? Like I mentioned in a previous post, practicing my mechanical ability and understanding of cooldowns/skirmishes really attracts me to the champion. I'd guess I would settle on Lulu (and perhaps Ori) for mid/top/support and Nidalee or Ekko for jungle for when I don't get toplane.

Jayce is pretty damn great and he's also one of the champs that can easily deal with Riven. A self peel and poke? OP match up for Riven. He's also great since he can be a flex pick top/mid/adc. He thrives in the poke meta and pretty much deal insane damage once he picks up muramana and a last whisper. An underrated champ if I say so myself especially now that the meta is shifting from tanky top and jungle to a more carry oriented ones. Rumble on the other hand is just a great team fighter. He can turn team fights around so well. He's a tanky ap bruiser who deals tons of damage in pretty unsuspecting ways due to how his kit works. It's pretty hard to manage his heat levels and it's the difference between great and average rumble users.

If you want to use Riven effectively then you need to have someone on your team be a primary engager. Riven is really bad at engaging team fights because she has to walk in close to the enemy before dealing damage seeing that she's a melee. You can't use your skills to close in cause that would mean you would lose your damage output. We usually remedy this by having flash to engage. That's why distortion boots is great on Riven. Now if you don't have flash, that's where your team mates come in. Somebody else engages and you go in after. Otherwise you can also flank them or attack them from the back once the team fights come. Don't engage first cause you'll just be blown up because Riven is very squishy.

As for match ups, that's what's great about Riven. There is no hard counter to her per say as long as you know how to use her depending on her opponent but there is obviously some harder ones to play against. Guys like Kennen who just pokes her to death and can escape her is quite good. Renekton who is a bigger lane bully than her is also a great counter to her. You can deal your damage before Riven can even retaliate due to your kit. Irelia is also a good one but it's a bit of a skill match up rather than a direct counter but generally you have the upper hand. Other counters include Garen, Malphite, Quinn, Olaf and Pantheon. Of course it's not like they hard counter Riven cause once you get past early game safely, Pantheon becomes a joke to you. In these types of match ups where you constantly get harassed, I usually max E(shield) so I can survive the early game and outscale them mid game. As a rule of thumb when picking against Riven, the best ones are always the ones who can out sustain and out poke her. Riven has the worst HP5 of any champion of the game so sooner or later she has to back when you harass her. Poking her down from a long range is bad for Riven cause in order to do trades she has to either use her dash or her Q which lowers her EHP since the shield only last 1.5 seconds or risk using her primary damage dealing skill to gap close meaning she won't be able to do any meaningful damage to you once she reaches you.

Ori is a great pick for mid because I find that she fits any kind of team composition and meta. Although I won't necessarily take her top or supp. Not top cause she has no mobility or sustain and not support cause I find her inferior against other supports although you can. Lulu is also good cause she can be a flex pick and can go top/mid/support so once you start learning her, it's like you're learning 3 champs at the same time.

If you have any difficulty on some match ups with Riven,Renek or Irelia, I'd be happy to help as I've played them tons.

Edit: I forgot to say this about going against Riven. Once she uses all of her skills, DO NOT BACK DOWN. Retaliate and deal some damage to her as well. She can't fight back cause she used all her skills. Her AA has shitty aspd so she won't deal a lot of damage and she used all her skills to get to you so she has to walk away. Her cooldowns are still pretty long in the early game so use this to your advantage.

Edit2: I forgot to answer your questions about top lane champs that compliment her. For team composition you generally need a carry, a tank and an ap. So if you count Riven as a carry and Rumble as the ap then you just need a tanky champion to with it. Now for top lane compliment with Riven, you just need someone you could deal with her weaknesses mainly sustain and poke. So choose someone who is strong against poke and/or sustain. I myself chose to use Renekton and Irelia instead because I like how they counter each other in my opinion. I feel confident enough in myself that I can deal with Riven's glaring weaknesses that I don't feel compelled to master any more but if you want to have maximum efficiency then IMO picking someone who can deal with sustain or poke can be good. Better yet pick someone who has sustain and poke. Poke doesn't have to be range specific. It can be someone like Renekton who can dash in stun and then Q to deal damage and get out with another dash before someone can trade. I guess I contradicted my earlier statement lol. I think Jayce would compliment her well.

Nekofrog

Banned
i still think xerath is really strong in soloq. just afk push waves and hit people from really far away. especially now that cinderhulk has died down. imma just play xerath every time i have to mid

zkylon

zkylewd
i still think xerath is really strong in soloq. just afk push waves and hit people from really far away. especially now that cinderhulk has died down. imma just play xerath every time i have to mid
i'm not sure, i haven't played with or against him in a long time but juggernauts (who i imagine his kiting and poking is very good against) are permaban so no one plays em and game's very teamfight oriented right now which isn't xerath's strong suit. i wouldn't say he's weak cos he really isn't, tank meta just hurt poke mages really hard cos those champions just made them worthless, but i'm not sure he's specially good right now

maybe, he's pretty ok against yasuo which is bizarrely important in midlane right now lol, at least from my experience

Edwardo

I played more Leeg over the weekend. I had the urge to make my full comeback and then yesterday I exercised poor safety with electric hedge trimmers. They saved the tip of my finger, but I can't play for a couple of weeks at least.

Grrr...

Oh damn. Glad to hear they were able to reattach it. Best of luck with the healing process.

Yeah he is probably the best long ranger poke champ in the game right now. I might save up for him, he is like ap kog which is a lot of fun.

garath

I need a ranged mage to fall back on for mid lane. If I have to mid I keep picking talon but he's got drawbacks. Ahri has been my main mid mage but I'm very feast or famine on her.

I like diana and ekko but both melee. I like cassio but frankly she's hard to play. Requires much more time than 1 in 20 games.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I need a ranged mage to fall back on for mid lane. If I have to mid I keep picking talon but he's got drawbacks. Ahri has been my main mid mage but I'm very feast or famine on her.

I like diana and ekko but both melee. I like cassio but frankly she's hard to play. Requires much more time than 1 in 20 games.

H E I M E R D I N G E R

Nekofrog

Banned

xerath, karma, annie (pubstomper), yorrrrrrick

zkylon

zkylewd

viktor? he's not that hard to play

Vel'Koz

Nekofrog

Banned
because ahri totally needed the speedboost on her Q right guys. lets throw rylais on top of it to make it even more unfair.

garath

xerath, karma, annie (pubstomper), yorrrrrrick

Annie is a good idea. I play a mean Annie support.

viktor? he's not that hard to play

I haven't even bought him. I smartcast everything. I worry about his laser.

Haven't tried him actually. Might not be terrible.

i think morellos rylais ahri is the right build path now

Hmm. Haven't tried her since new rylia. Might be more consistent for me now. Nice.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You know... You might be on to something here

You obliterate every melee match up and do decently well against anyone that isn't Syndra, Leblanc, Xerath, or Ziggs. You plop 3 turrets down level 1 and push forever while shooting missles and bombs safety against the enemy. Once you're level 6 you gain your ult and the ability to 1v2 if their jungler or support roams down. Even if you fall behind, you have a better Sona ult in the form of his ultimate bouncing grenade and you take down dragons/barons/towers super easily. On top of that you can tower dive easily too, just plop down your little turret, then ult turret and they're donezo if low.

nah that's not it

morellos ludens is ok but the damage from rylais is honestly comparable and the extra hp and passive make it stronger at the 15-20 mark where u wanna be making ur impact in teamfights and stuff

Nekofrog

Banned
whoever you pick

make sure you take TP because fuck botlane we're going to turn this into a 5man party as soon as we hit 6 in top and mid

subtles

beautiful post I'm really grateful for but shortened for the sake of the thread

I'll pick up Riven and play her into whatever I can just to get a feel for her and her limits. I'm guessing if I want to be a better player I would have to be able to deal with a Platinum or Gold Garen/Renekton/Jayce etc. I'm quite comfortable on Jayce and Rumble and will pick them back up when I feel like I can play Riven to the same level.

As for a tank,

yQlPZvR.png

I played a bit of Maokai but was abysmal on him as I did very little damage as the game went on and could only peel/tank for so long. I'm under no illusion that I should be blaming anyone but myself, but Maokai at times made me feel like crying when I did as much damage in some of the games as a few of the carries. When I watch MaRin play Maokai, he's on another level and really shows the best sides of the champion. I guess my number one issue is that I don't know which games I should be picking a damage threat and which games I should be tanking as I can't foresee the circumstances of the game, the performance of the players and the condition of our damage output relative to the opponent. I try to adapt accordingly (peel when there is a backline threat, go for a tele/homeguard from behind to catch out a carry), but the results aren't always the best. I really, really wanted to be good at Maokai too. :(

On another note: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=opentop

How does AD Nidalee work so well? I've seen Seraph and RF play it to great success in Challenger.

faridmon

I'll pick up Riven and play her into whatever I can just to get a feel for her and her limits. I'm guessing if I want to be a better player I would have to be able to deal with a Platinum or Gold Garen/Renekton/Jayce etc. I'm quite comfortable on Jayce and Rumble and will pick them back up when I feel like I can play Riven to the same level.

As for a tank,

yQlPZvR.png

I played a bit of Maokai but was abysmal on him as I did very little damage as the game went on and could only peel/tank for so long. I'm under no illusion that I should be blaming anyone but myself, but Maokai at times made me feel like crying when I did as much damage in some of the games as a few of the carries. When I watch MaRin play Maokai, he's on another level and really shows the best sides of the champion. I guess my number one issue is that I don't know which games I should be picking a damage threat and which games I should be tanking as I can't foresee the circumstances of the game, the performance of the players and the condition of our damage output relative to the opponent. I try to adapt accordingly (peel when there is a backline threat, go for a tele/homeguard from behind to catch out a carry), but the results aren't always the best. I really, really wanted to be good at Maokai too. :(

On another note: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=opentop

How does AD Nidalee work so well? I've seen Seraph and RF play it to great success in Challenger.

I started playing as him and I have to say I am having terrible time. Maybe its because me being new to top lane, but I end up not getting much kills 1v1

what is your item route?

faridmon

i can't seem to log in at all. Anyone else having difficulties? The status alert is just mention problems with the ranked ques but the serves should work normally.

subtles

I started playing as him and I have to say I am having terrible time. Maybe its because me being new to top lane, but I end up not getting much kills 1v1

what is your item route?

I've always felt Maokai's main role in the game was farming well while setting your lane opponent behind and making plays on the map. 1v1s aren't really his strong suit, though Maokai can easily duel most top laners after a few levels.

Two Doran's rings early on work really well if you're forced to back early. Catalyst into either Rod of Ages or Righteous Glory, the latter being better for engaging and useful immediately as it doesn't need to stack. If ahead I like going Rod of Ages, though. Standard tank items depending on the enemy laner/team comp after that. An early Homeguards helps if you're pushing your opponent into tower and want to teleport gank/get to lane faster after roaming and recalling and can spare the gold. Itemization is really dependent on how the game is going however. Sometimes individual components give you far greater value then a completed item at a given point in the early game. Watching better players play in all kinds of situations and noting their choices while playing plenty yourself is the best way to reflect and improve on your own gameplay.

kenbo

Of course not. I locked in MF and said I would jungle.
Gonna enjoy your division 5 border

welcome back garath

Yeah, the Thresh seems like a real departure from the style they had going beforehand. I would like to pick up Jinx as well since she's one of my favorites, but yeah, that figure is uuuugly.

garath

Oh no. What am I doing. I'm supposed to be practicing my best champs to get back into ranked and get a little higher than Gold V. Instead I picked free week Ekko jungle. Ooops. With my GP+J4 bot lane it should be loads of fun.

welcome back garath

Thanks :) Never really went anywhere, just haven't posted as much. New job + 1 year old baby is a handful.

zkylon

zkylewd
because ahri totally needed the speedboost on her Q right guys. lets throw rylais on top of it to make it even more unfair.
i mean, she didn't get the q buff for free, she got her dmg cut down a lot when she lost the charm dmg amp

I haven't even bought him. I smartcast everything. I worry about his laser.
i use smartcast with indicators and it's fine, tho it's not the same as 100% smartcast.

i don't think his laser is too bad, it just takes a bit getting used to and then you're go

I know people have bemoaned the quality of Riot's figures before, but this little guy seems rad.
yeah thresh one is somehow not crap like the others

nendo ahri doe

Type2

Oh no. What am I doing. I'm supposed to be practicing my best champs to get back into ranked and get a little higher than Gold V. Instead I picked free week Ekko jungle. Ooops. With my GP+J4 bot lane it should be loads of fun.

Thanks :) Never really went anywhere, just haven't posted as much. New job + 1 year old baby is a handful.
I'll catch a game with you at some point. I was going to hop on now but without a nap my brain function is null.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom