• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Well time to either ban Zed or pray no one on your team picks him :p
original.jpg

Also

kenbo

Aegis was a big problem for mid game AP damage on carries and got cut by 5 MR and all the HP reg

This is a pretty good boon for AP damage in the mid game. So yes, tanks got harder for mages to kill (but thats normal), but carries got easier (since they don't buy selfish MR), which is pretty important.

Leezard

The Nami movespeed buffs feel great in game. It's probably not worth getting AP outside of what already exists on Zekes though.

kenbo

Assassin meta was pretty fun

Tank meta probably has more manageable team fights, but Assassin meta was all about how fast you were

Leezard

I don't mind tank meta. There were a lot of honest, proper team fights. Assassin meta is fine too as long as they won't do stupid shit like kill people in one combo without hitting any skillshot (season 3 Ahri).

What meta would you prefer? Admit it, it was a lot better than the Assassin Meta.

Personally, I'm not a fan of either extreme. I don't like it when someone can be 100%'d in 2 seconds with non-ultimate abilities because of AP/AD ratios. I also don't like it when a target has to be shot at for 10 seconds continuously by the ADC with crit, LW and 400AD before they finally go down, while still dealing a ton of damage in return.

I prefer my MOBA gaming somewhere in the middle. This isn't to say I don't have fun on occasion playing those roles (I won a game with 800 stacks on Nasus and no offensive items today and I was playing with Ahri and Viktor yesterday), but it just feels cheesy when I can burst down champs at 40 minutes without even committing an ult to do so. Just how I feel about it. I like there to be an opportunity to outplay the opponent which is why I main Jayce. Sometimes with champs like Annie there is no outplay opportunity. You just enjoy your trip back to the fountain.

I don't mind tank meta. There were a lot of honest, proper team fights. Assassin meta is fine too as long as they won't do stupid shit like kill people in one combo without hitting any skillshot (season 3 Ahri).

In my experiences with the tank meta, it was highlighted by champs like Sejuani who would buy at the most 1 offensive item and 5 defensive items and manage to be able to solo 6-slotted ADCs. Couldn't kill them efficiently and couldn't focus on them (because the rest of Sej's team was right behind her). Fuck that bullshit.

Leezard

In my experiences with the tank meta, it was highlighted by champs like Sejuani who would buy at the most 1 offensive item and 5 defensive items and manage to be able to solo 6-slotted ADCs. Couldn't kill them efficiently and couldn't focus on them (because the rest of Sej's team was right behind her). Fuck that bullshit.

Agreed, that time was bullshit. Post sejuani/cinderhulk nerfs it was fine I think though.

Skux

The Lucian buffs feel great. You can just throw a W into a teamfight and have the constant speed buff to either chase or disengage. And the W speed is increased too. He feels so much more fluid now that he can actually keep up with a chase.

kenbo

Just won a morde/support duo lane game
It felt pretty weird.
That dragon is pretty damn hilarious though....

Also -
PROJECT: Fiora concept art ??? (she has an 06 and the same sword)

cyborg_ninja_low_rez_01_by_zeronis-d95dkme.jpg

Super excited for Lee Sin and Garen changes. Will try them out when I get home. Also the slight Twitch buff is nice since I have been picking him up, but it shouldn't change much.

^AP-centric then? Was kinda hoping his Tankiness would be factoring in now :p
He has no CC, tank was never happening. You build just enough tankiness to be able to do your damage, not to become a frontline.
What build did you go on him? I was thinking Hextech and then tanking up with HP, etc.+Magic boots.
Haven't tried him yet but I've been watching some games. Gunblade looks core, Rylai's is hella good to keep targets around so you can triple Q them and going back to bot lane with a pet Dragon is both hilarious and terrifying.

killatopak

Gold Member
Now I have to buy Fiora because of that. fucking nanomachines son.

Played ranked. Azir disconnects at 15 mins. We won at 45 minutes. The enemy adc(trist) just gave up. She just jumped at the middle of us and didn't attack. After she died all hell broke lose on the opposing team. I laughed and promised trist an honor afterwards.

We only had 1 inhibitor tower but we kept winning team fights because their whole team was AD. (Zed, Lee, Shyv,Tris and Braum) so our jungle and I (Irelia and Xin Zhao) just built full on armor.

Edit: I see now that lp gains really adjust towards your team mmr. My last ranked I won 32lp but now I won 26. I surmise that it's because my duo went on a losing streak before we played.

Skux

New Darius is the business too. I had Sterak's, Cleaver, Dead Man's Plate and Titanic Hydra and nearly tipped 4k health.

There is just so much damage to land with these juggernaut items.

- DMP speed buff into opening attack with bonus damage
- W auto attack reset
- Titanic/Ravenous Hydra active
- finish with a winding Q as they peel away
- and all the while you're landing Cleaver shred and probably getting Sterak's Gage to proc
- then bam, dunk for the Blood Rage

It might be OP, or maybe I'm just not used to Darius being able to engage without flash E.

jerd

The Phage passive
This and zeal move speed. Even so it probs wont be enough to stick to people with even a little bit of mobility

That was his problem before too but at least his E did damage then

I kinda feel like maybe his W should just grant move speed instead of having to move towards someone but idk I've only watched qt play a game on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom