• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

Oh yeah. That healing up well?

Ya I saw the doc today and he said it's making great progress. He wants me to use it more often now.

But everything's kindred and Q to win champs now.

Lol that's true.

must-not-fap.jpg

Good thing i'm a righty ;D

zkylon

zkylewd
didnt listen to the login theme but would've been nice if the skins actually had a grindhouse look rather than the weird boredlands style thing

i also think having multiple same-theme skins goes against the fun of halloween of seeing different costumes -__-

and they can't go "this is not halloween, this is the harrowing!" since this is these are the least harrowing looking skins ever.

at least last time we had that really cool zyra skin

Ya I saw the doc today and he said it's making great progress. He wants me to use it more often now.
glad to hear it yo

Nekofrog

Banned
But seriously all I want is an irelia skin that isn't a cheapo 750rp skin that fixes her stupid octopus hair. And a good shen skin that isn't tpa

zkylon

zkylewd
But seriously all I want is an irelia skin that isn't a cheapo 750rp skin that fixes her stupid octopus hair. And a good shen skin that isn't tpa
i think they're gonna wait for the hair until they do her vu

tbh i don't think her design is that bad, it's mostly her model and animations.

4SdfjDQ.png

picking heimer in one for all? you better be good at touhou, son

dobs the true hero

oh there's something coming that I think tops the charts actually.

And before you ask it's not an ultimate
god bless

dj sona was cool but who cares about ultimate skins

zkylon

zkylewd
Mordekaiser
Harvesters of Sorrow (W) passive now grants bonus experience equal to 50% of the experience lost from sharing down from granting Mordekasier full experience.
rito's way of saying we done messed up

dunno how it'll turn out but knee jerk feeling is that that's it for the morde experiment

i think if they want to remove adcs as a mandatory class i'm all for it but it needs to come from a more systemic place rather than just one guy that gets to break the rules

It's Bard, isn't it.
with a neogaf logo for a mask

HowZatOZ

Banned
Hopefully the jinx skin is decent for harrowing, I'm starting to get sick of the Chinese New Year one and don't really like the look of mafia skin.

garath

Yay. Bought Demon Vi. Might get the Jinx skin too depending.

Won my first promo game. Kha'zix has been my champ for awhile now. Feels like I'm just getting better. Didn't even snowball this time. Was actually a little behind because of no ganking opportunities. Once you get Hydra it's all good from there though. Finished the game at the highest level and a solid 7/2/4.

One more win to finish promo and I'll probably leave ranked alone until next season.

zkylon

zkylewd
interesting meddler stuff: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...n-progress-general-gameplay-thoughts-10202015

The Preseason:
We've been putting a lot of work into updates for the upcoming preseason patch over the last couple of months, with changes to champions, items, vision etc. We're getting very close to putting that stuff on PBE (all going according to plan).

Kindred:
Kindred have been out for about a week now and we're starting to see players get to grips with their kit. So far we've been really happy with the state of their release balance, so 5.21 won't contain any buffs or nerfs, just some bug fixes. Really interested to see where they end up over the next couple of patches, there's some definite learning curve there and we're also seeing people experiment with them in a range of positions with a mix of success and failure.

Mordekaiser:
Morde's a pretty topical dude at the moment. Our belief is that he's too strong in a duo lane, despite previous nerfs, so we're going to be reducing the amount of bonus XP he gets from his W in 5.21. Our hope is that that will then give us some room to buff his base stats, bringing his solo laning closer to his duo lane performance. That's something we'll likely do as a follow up change though (potentially in 5.22), once we've got a read on what the impact of the XP reduction was.

Thematic side note for anyone that's interested and hadn't already heard - we'll also be changing his title to 'The Iron Revenant' rather than the previous 'Lord of Death' (Iron Revenant being a player suggested title update that we felt did a great job of merging different thematic elements from Morde).

Poppy
Works heavily underway on Poppy. She'll be the next really big champion update that goes out (Sion/GP sort of scale, so full overhaul of abilities, visuals, voice etc). Her E's the only ability effectively ported over from her old kit, feel we're going for's still very much small, noble, determined warrior who smacks others around with a large hammer.

World Champs
Worlds has been getting a lot of attention for the Gameplay teams of course. We've been really enjoying the diversity of picks in some positions (mid lane especially), though are seeing that some others could do with more help (jungle for example). Some outlier champions that definitely seem too strong (Morde, GP, Darius etc), some of whom we've already nerfed post 5.18, some of which we've got stuff underway for. A number of champions too that we don't yet have plans for, but are keeping a really close eye on and talking about quite a bit (Tahm Kench for example).

Upcoming Champs
We've had a couple of trends with new champions recently that have helped opened up new gameplay space (non damage utility ults) and thematic space (creatures of myth). We've been pretty happy with how those explorations have gone, we don't have to overdo them though. Next set of champs we've got underway are going for a bit of contrast with that as a result, with a few more damage/combat focused ults and characters who are somewhat more a part of the regular world of Runeterra.

General Balance Changes
Since a lot's going to change in the upcoming preseason patch we're generally holding off on smaller balance changes for a little bit, given which characters are a bit too weak or a bit too strong could change significantly in the near future due to systemic changes.

Changes to vision? Oh my

Also I hope the upcoming champs thingy means we're putting away the experimental champ stuff for a while. It's been a while since we got a normal person.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea bring bad normal champions for a bit

i know kindred is a she and she's super ghibli and all but i'm not into furry

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm all for less wards or wards being more important and not so throwaway.
Wards are important though?

If we saw a vision change I feel like it'd maybe be the new ward types they were testing on PBE.

Quonny

If we saw a vision change I feel like it'd maybe be the new ward types they were testing on PBE.

I don't mean that they aren't important in terms of the game, but right now you just throw wards out left and right due to how cheap they are and because of sightstones.

I think the throwaway thing is about those weird vision wars with people wasting sightstone stacks, I guess? I dunno I never saw that as much of a problem, sightstone wards are meant to be disposable anyways

I hope the vision changes means they are fixing the janky sight radius on some parts of the map

Quonny

For example, in Dota 2, there are a ton of weird little nooks and crannies you can throw a ward. This allows people to play mind games with wards. In League, you just pump out wards like candy and sweep all the time.

I know you can't compare the games 1:1, but the whole ward/sweep dance is unnecessary padding and boring to watch and do.

I don't mean that they aren't important in terms of the game, but right now you just throw wards out left and right due to how cheap they are and because of sightstones.

At any given time, in a professional match, there's too many damn wards. Limit team wards to 3 or 4, raise the price on pink wards exponentially whilst giving it back its invisibility, limit pink wards to 1 per team, in order to prevent griefing put a timer on wards in inventory(If you don't use it in X minutes it disappears), that would make for more exciting play.

killatopak

Gold Member
wards limits are alright for now. If there are any meaningful changes to be made, it's through the introduction of new wards. Limiting them to just a few is just outright bad.

subtles

I got to play the new Fiora for the first time and she's really fun to play. Her mechanics are incredibly smooth and rewarding. I could've turned the triple I got into a Penta had I timed my cooldowns better and parried Garen's Q, but I genuinely have no idea what the cooldown on it is. Speaking of Garen, playing against him was incredibly frustrating. I had him down to 15% health by punishing his misplays and he just regen'ed while missing a few minions. ;_;

kenbo

For example, in Dota 2, there are a ton of weird little nooks and crannies you can throw a ward. This allows people to play mind games with wards. In League, you just pump out wards like candy and sweep all the time.

I know you can't compare the games 1:1, but the whole ward/sweep dance is unnecessary padding and boring to watch and do.

At any given time, in a professional match, there's too many damn wards. Limit team wards to 3 or 4, raise the price on pink wards exponentially whilst giving it back its invisibility, limit pink wards to 1 per team, in order to prevent griefing put a timer on wards in inventory(If you don't use it in X minutes it disappears), that would make for more exciting play.

These ideas sound terrible.

That dota example just sounds like you don't understand dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom