• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvero

Banned
YTBMZHP.jpg

A@trox too stronk

didn't think we'd win that one

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For example, in Dota 2, there are a ton of weird little nooks and crannies you can throw a ward. This allows people to play mind games with wards. In League, you just pump out wards like candy and sweep all the time.

I know you can't compare the games 1:1, but the whole ward/sweep dance is unnecessary padding and boring to watch and do.
Sightstone charges go pretty fast to me, and if you dump all of them you lose out on being able to deep ward after taking kills. There are mind games with warding around spots that get swept in League too.

killatopak

Gold Member
I got to play the new Fiora for the first time and she's really fun to play. Her mechanics are incredibly smooth and rewarding. I could've turned the triple I got into a Penta had I timed my cooldowns better and parried Garen's Q, but I genuinely have no idea what the cooldown on it is. Speaking of Garen, playing against him was incredibly frustrating. I had him down to 15% health by punishing his misplays and he just regen'ed while missing a few minions. ;_;

I just beat Garen on my Riven as well. I had the same problem as yours but this is how I dealt with it. Zone him out of the creeps. Like stand between him and the minions. Take away not just his farm but also his minion exp. This makes him more likely to close in on you so you just poke and retreat so his passive doesn't activate. Continually do that until you can all in him. Do take note that this is only applicable if you have a lead from him which is easily doable nowadays after the garen rework and nerfs. He's especially weak at early game now contrary to belief. His spin is very weak at level 1 and you could just tank him and attack his weak points and out damage him. You just have to wait for him to blow up his q on minions or if he fails to chase you with it.

Just take note to put wards down the river near the baron pit if you don't have pinks/upgraded trinket yet otherwise just ward the two brushes assuming you're at top lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think vision is fine, if there are new ward types, or the sighstone upgrades they've hinted on in the past or maybe some support/jungle items revolving around vision that'd all be cool, but cmon, vision is pretty ok

At any given time, in a professional match, there's too many damn wards. Limit team wards to 3 or 4, raise the price on pink wards exponentially whilst giving it back its invisibility, limit pink wards to 1 per team, in order to prevent griefing put a timer on wards in inventory(If you don't use it in X minutes it disappears), that would make for more exciting play.

this is literally the worst idea that you ever had lol

kenbo

The green(3 pp)-pink(1 pp) interaction right now is the best in terms of gameplay balance that Leeg has ever had. I'd even go as far as saying that theres nothing wrong with it.

My knee jerk reaction to the terrible idea you guys had aside, I recognise what you're trying to get it. You want to see more fighting, you hate watching people play the slow objective plays of controlling vision and you want to see MORE FIGHTING

FIGHT

The solution of course, isn't to destroy a great system and make vision incredibly rare because that would make teams even less likely to fight due to uncertainty OR make games stupidly random since nobody knows when they'll run into each other.

The comparisons to Dota are completely wrong since it takes approx 2 wards to light up an entire quadrant of the map in that game whilst it takes 5 wards to appropriately cover a quadrant in league

I do hope riot are exploring are new interactions with vision that encourage more ways to play with vision and maybe encourage fighting. Perhaps we can have a smoke ward (hi dota) that temporarily deactivates all wards in a big area for 30s. Perhaps we can have the swap identity item from brawlers. perharps mandrake ward IS actually a good idea

zkylon

zkylewd
how about every team gets a sixth player that has to be teemo

that's gotta shake up the vision game

and yes, you can have two teemos in your team

zkylon

zkylewd
srs talk, as i said, the vision stuff will be the sighstone upgrades

Sightstone upgrades will be part of the changes. Intent is to still keep those in a position where they're generally more appealing on supports than other classes though.

also

ritophreak said:
teemo mode will be in 5.21

ritocosty said:
i confirm teemo mode

so that's it i guesss

patchday

Yo, next time I enter ranked lobby and see something bad going down is it okay to dodge? I haven't completed my 10 matches or whatever though to become 'ranked' (I've only done one match). So I'm wondering if I exit lobby will it count as a loss? Not sure how that works. Also not sure how many ranked matches I need to do to get a rank

Newt

Yo, next time I enter ranked lobby and see something bad going down is it okay to dodge? I haven't completed my 10 matches or whatever though to become 'ranked' (I've only done one match). So I'm wondering if I exit lobby will it count as a loss? Not sure how that works. Also not sure how many ranked matches I need to do to get a rank
You get -3lp and you have to wait 5 minutes.

Though, what's even better than dodging is getting someone else to dodge.

nbraun80

You get -3lp and you have to wait 5 minutes.

Though, what's even better than dodging is getting someone else to dodge.

In his case I think it will count as a loss when he's still in prvisionals, probably best just to play then out. You have to play 10 before you get placed in a rank division.

ChrisD

Eve mains would welcome this.

Then again, people in lower elos never buy pinks

Or look at their minimap...

I buy Pinks. I don't look at my minimap (enough). Part of the problem! o/

I much prefer Wards in League over in Dota. I played Support for 90% of my time with that game. Those wards cut into your ability to buy a lot of stuff, and it's on you to buy them. All. Game. It was also on you to buy Courier, upgrade Courier, and counter-ward. You end up starved for money.*

*This is all speaking from non-competitive, non-Ranked matches

subtles

It doesn't count as a loss, but it definitely has an impact on your placement. There was an interview done on the official forums (I think with Lyte and his team when they released the new report system?) where they confirmed as much. I'm off to bed but will be sure to post the source in the morning if I can dig it up.

ChrisD

Hmm, everyone on their team is AD. Think I'll pick Malphite.

1427236647357.gif

Most damage on team, built nothing but armor.

No Vi on the enemies to break you into pebbles? Free to Play and new skin; she's in every game me and my brother have played today.

jerd

Been watching IWD play kindred a few games. It uh, hasn't changed my opinion on her

No clue where the respectable win rate on them is coming from, seems so bad

Just got out of a game where everyone on my team gave up at minute 1 because the enemy ADC was using the PAX Sivir skin. Every time they died, they kept referring to the skin as the source of their tilt.

I have now seen it all.

Ferga

Been watching IWD play kindred a few games. It uh, hasn't changed my opinion on her

No clue where the respectable win rate on them is coming from, seems so bad

It's from challenger people smurfing and her being played mid/top.

She's pretty strong in a solo lane if you have a decent team comp. She absolutely wrecks in 1v1s. Still can't get stacks though.

nbraun80

It doesn't count as a loss, but it definitely has an impact on your placement. There was an interview done on the official forums (I think with Lyte and his team when they released the new report system?) where they confirmed as much. I'm off to bed but will be sure to post the source in the morning if I can dig it up.
Thanks for jogging my memory subtles, it was in a Trinityforce Podcast interview with Riot Lyte in May, so its newer than that reddit thread. He basically says that if you go 10-0 in placements but it took you 20 games because of you dodging the system with take that into account and you'll get a crap ranking. link to the part of the interview here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom