• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Imagine a moba where all the characters wear suits and creeps are traffic and lanes are roads and the enemy nexus is your day job

zkylon

zkylewd
lol_comic_by_songjikyo-d9dr9h7.png

big sorry

Calvero

Banned
one time the whole team decided to abandon match because we fed beyond belief and everyone leaving the game ended it before 20mins

Newt

Thanks for jogging my memory subtles, it was in a Trinityforce Podcast interview with Riot Lyte in May, so its newer than that reddit thread. He basically says that if you go 10-0 in placements but it took you 20 games because of you dodging the system with take that into account and you'll get a crap ranking. link to the part of the interview here.
Ah, I see. Shouldn't affect it that much though, I dodged like 3 provisional games last season and still started in P1.

Leezard

reddit said:
[Meddler wrote on 2015-10-21 UTC](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...gameplay-thoughts-10202015?comment=002a0000):

Current expectation is that Kindred will not be the last new champ of the year.

We will continue to look for opportunities to get classes into less common positions, that's not going to be a good fit for some champion concepts though.

^This ^comment ^was ^created ^by ^a ^bot. ^Find ^out ^more ^[here](https://np.reddit.com/r/sufficiencybot/comments/3bnxfc/riotsboardmessageincommentbot/).
So, one more champ this year. I wouldn't have expected it. Hope it will be as interesting thematically as kindred.

Quonny

Messing around with AP Yasuo and Volibear in bot matches can be a lot of fun. Any other champs with random AP scaling abilities?
Rengar, Varus, Miss Fortune. AP Varus is a complete monster if you can make it to full build. Unfortunately he sucks major nuts before that.

Imagine a moba where all the characters wear suits and creeps are traffic and lanes are roads and the enemy nexus is your day job
I want a champ who can eat his own minions and when he does he gives him self buffs and a mode change. If he eats a caster he is ranged if he eats a melee minion he is melee. That is how he changes modes like Elise or Jayce.

kenbo

Messing around with AP Yasuo and Volibear in bot matches can be a lot of fun. Any other champs with random AP scaling abilities?

Lucian

I want a champ who can eat his own minions and when he does he gives him self buffs and a mode change. If he eats a caster he is ranged if he eats a melee minion he is melee. That is how he changes modes like Elise or Jayce.

What if he eats all his minions so his opponents get no farm?

patchday

Thanks for jogging my memory subtles, it was in a Trinityforce Podcast interview with Riot Lyte in May, so its newer than that reddit thread. He basically says that if you go 10-0 in placements but it took you 20 games because of you dodging the system with take that into account and you'll get a crap ranking. link to the part of the interview here.

Funny how they punish players for their crappy Draft system. Drafts works great for organized teams but it's really bad game design for randoms. Then again I'm sure it made sense before the "meta" got locked into 1 adc, 1 supp, 1 tank, 1 mid. But surely the meta has been this way for many yrs. At least they finally going to do some work on this for next season :)

patchday

Not sure if I exactly follow you Kenbo

Been doing some ranked matches on HOTS side as well. But far as I can tell everyone goes for what they want and it seems to work as long as you get 1 support. It just seems to workout because there's no hard meta. Just a happy accident

Once LoL gets the ranked-teambuilder system in-place I'm going to really like it (since I love the organization Teambuilder mode brings- but we currently lack the ability to counter pick)

Funny how they punish players for their crappy Draft system. Drafts works great for organized teams but it's really bad game design for randoms. Then again I'm sure it made sense before the "meta" got locked into 1 adc, 1 supp, 1 tank, 1 mid. But surely the meta has been this way for many yrs. At least they finally going to do some work on this for next season :)
You're not being punished for draft, you're being punished for dodging like in every other ranked match, but since you don't have LP yet then you MMR takes the blow.

patchday

You're not being punished for draft, you're being punished for dodging like in every other ranked match, but since you don't have LP yet then you MMR takes the blow.

But that's what I'm talking bout. Ideally I'd like something akin to our current Teambuilder system. If I spot a bad team comp I can bail w/o penalty. Teambuilder spoiled me hard :(

I'm just a tiny bit annoyed. I feel most matches get lost right there in the lobby of a Draft/BlindPick

kenbo

Not sure if I exactly follow you Kenbo

Been doing some ranked matches on HOTS side as well. But far as I can tell everyone goes for what they want and it seems to work as long as you get 1 support. It just seems to workout because there's no hard meta. Just a happy accident

Once LoL gets the ranked-teambuilder system in-place I'm going to really like it (since I love the organization Teambuilder mode brings- but we currently lack the ability to counter pick)

people 'goes for what they want' is because:
1. the game is new
2. you're in low elo

there are already "correct" picks to make in HotS

but no, I was talking about their version of 'blind pick' - PRE DRAFT/ranked games
where you pick your hero, and the game randomly matches you with 4 other dudes who already picked their hero. absolute shite matchmaking system

But that's what I'm talking bout. Ideally I'd like something akin to our current Teambuilder system. If I spot a bad team comp I can bail w/o penalty. Teambuilder spoiled me hard :(

I'm just a tiny bit annoyed. I feel most matches get lost right there in the lobby of a Draft/BlindPick
That's exactly the point. It's ranked, you're not supposed to be able to only play in matches that are convenient to you.

Some time ago there was no penalty for dodging and it was fucking hell. Also the "matches lost in the lobby" thing is not true. Very, very rarely matches are actually lost in champ select and that kind of mentality is what leads to the "hard meta" you complain about because of people not being willing to play with things that aren't tried and true.

killatopak

Gold Member
I've been past d5 tho.

Tell me how. I've been on lose streak again. This sucks. My main champ is banned 90% of the time. Dammit.

Riot just nerf Riven so people play her less. I don't give a shit if it makes her weaker overall just let me play her.

Tell me how. I've been on lose streak again. This sucks. My main champ is banned 90% of the time. Dammit.

Riot just nerf Riven so people play her less. I don't give a shit if it makes her weaker overall just let me play her.
That won't change anything lol

Once a champ becomes constantly banned you'd better give up on him/her for several months even after they're nerfed.

kenbo

Have I told you about Heimerdinger yet?

I have a 100% WR and 10 KDA

Come, raise your donger, raise your elo.

patchday

people 'goes for what they want' is because:
1. the game is new
2. you're in low elo

there are already "correct" picks to make in HotS

but no, I was talking about their version of 'blind pick' - PRE DRAFT/ranked games
where you pick your hero, and the game randomly matches you with 4 other dudes who already picked their hero. absolute shite matchmaking system

Not exactly sure why you brought up HOTS. I never said they have a superior system, I actually feel that HOTS is sort of a different genre from LoL/Dota/Smite. I'd rather discuss that game in that thread (not in this one). Also not sure where you're getting low elo from. Been playing since launch off/on

That's exactly the point. It's ranked, you're not supposed to be able to only play in matches that are convenient to you.

Some time ago there was no penalty for dodging and it was fucking hell. Also the "matches lost in the lobby" thing is not true. Very, very rarely matches are actually lost in champ select and that kind of mentality is what leads to the "hard meta" you complain about because of people not being willing to play with things that aren't tried and true.

Huh. Well I wasn't here back then so I'll have to take your word for it there.

But yeah I've seen matches get lost in champ select all the time. Like seeing multiple players with Smite. Zed not picking Flash. Sure- if they know what they're doing it can work. But if I'm not in the mood to experiment I'd prefer the freedom to bail.

But sounds like I can just leave anyways if it goes down the tubes. I probably gotta leave for work in a bit (so cant follow up on responses for 9-10 hrs). Thanks

kenbo

What I was trying to say is that drafting is preferable to all non draft systems in all mobas. (hots has draft and before that, they had bad mode like blind pick is bad)

And if you think picking whatever really goes in HotS, then you must be low elo. It doesnt matter whether you've played from the beginning or not.

subtles

It's interesting that Riven is perma banned in Garena, and that different servers have different bans. When my brother experimented on the Turkey server (in Diamond 1) for the end of last season, he said that Thresh/Lee/Zed were perma banned as the players there were really, really good on them. The other bans were generally scripting champions (Xerath, Cass) as there were really no punishments for that on the server.

garath

Damn I bought Kindred on release and still haven't played it.

I bought her too. I wasnt even able to get a teambuilder game with her. I had to instalock a couple blind pick games much to the anguish of my teammates. Blind pick players really take "who calls the role first" seriously. I didn't even get a leash my second game because they were mad I sat on jungle (I made up for it by carrying but still). Draft forget about it.

She is very much a snowball champ. First game I couldn't really get going. Second game I was ahead and snowballed into a monster. Getting those stacks is super important. So much so I don't even know how she can function as a laner.

New champ sound file on PBE, sounds like a bruiser grill, maybe a sort of brutish priest crusader paladin thing? She says something along the lines of "I'm not into sermons, broken bones teach better"

Ambition

New division borders look pretty underwhelming. Platinum looks more like Emerald now. The division 5 for each of the borders looks better too. lol

New champ sound file on PBE, sounds like a bruiser grill, maybe a sort of brutish priest crusader paladin thing? She says something along the lines of "I'm not into sermons, broken bones teach better"

Maybe it's Vi's cousin? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom