• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

As long as I'm in a division with a name that makes sense, I'm happy. Soraka's delicious Caviar and Sivir's Alliance are nice.

Unlike Newt's "Zigg's Blades"

What the fuck

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
so is there like anyway to counter when your team feeds the enemy assassin like 6 times in the first 10 minutes of the game and then he's unstoppable for the rest of the match?

Ambition

so is there like anyway to counter when your team feeds the enemy assassin like 6 times in the first 10 minutes of the game and then he's unstoppable for the rest of the match?

Nope. Unless one of your other lanes won hard and you guys have reliable CC. You can also try to delay the game if you have a decent scaling team comp.

Newt

Morg and Kayle have a lot of synergy together depsite being like lore enemies.
5fc8ea31806ea4befb8df51ab937a3a0.jpg

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
out of my last 5 matches, 3 times we've had at least one person afk on our team -_____-

why bother queuing if you aren't even going to play

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The real problem I have with division markers is how meaningless they are, particularly when the game will choose the last division someone was in rather than their highest ranking. Ultimately having the fact that someone was like...Plat 2 or Gold 3 last season is going to feel super silly even just a few months out. It's information overload.
Hold until late game or push for earlier team fights with everyone involved if you think you can win them, because assassins are usually a little weaker in head on teamfights. In certain situations the game will just slip away though.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The real problem I have with division markers is how meaningless they are, particularly when the game will choose the last division someone was in rather than their highest ranking. Ultimately having the fact that someone was like...Plat 2 or Gold 3 last season is going to feel super silly even just a few months out. It's information overload.

Hold until late game or push for earlier team fights with everyone involved if you think you can win them, because assassins are usually a little weaker in head on teamfights. In certain situations the game will just slip away though.

yeah one game we were getting stomped by a champion like that but we held out and managed to push all the way through their base in one go after we managed to ace them.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think anyone cares either, unless you're like d5 or something all the ranks above it don't matter that much. like, if you're plat 1 you don't wanna be plat 1, you wanna be diamond.

kenbo

I like division markers because it gives people incentive to not just sit at division 5 and no longer give a shit about trying (e.g. Newt) and which just leads to trolling

The execution is terrible though, why would anybody want 1 dot?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I like division markers because it gives people incentive to not just sit at division 5 and no longer give a shit about trying (e.g. Newt) and which just leads to trolling
I don't think Newt's division has any impact on how he plays.

kenbo

Lets not make it about newt here

Div 1 games can be unpleasant when you get those people who give up in Div 5 of the next tier

They should give the borders metallic wings or something or you know, since we already have gems = division designs USE THAT IN THE CORNERS??!?! RIOT PLEASE WHO THINKS ABOUT THESE THINGS

10156318_f520.jpg

patchday

just got served by Veigar hard. What was Riot thinking when they made that broken champ? Luckily it was just a normal Teambuilder match so no sweat.

Guess next time I play I'll go Ranked and pray veigar gets the ban.

I was on my Demon Vi skin as jungler but in late game he caused us major fits in team fights. got ran over

nbraun80

just got served by Veigar hard. What was Riot thinking when they made that broken champ? Luckily it was just a normal Teambuilder match so no sweat.

Guess next time I play I'll go Ranked and pray veigar gets the ban.

I was on my Demon Vi skin as jungler but in late game he caused us major fits in team fights. got ran over

just won a ranked game against a veigar mid, was quite annoying but some things you can do that help. Merc treads help immensely with his stun duration. Having the Jungler or Support build a locket. Picking an AD mid like zed, talon, yas against him so he can't nuke you in laning phase. If his stun is down go at him, he's very weak, espically early, when he doesn't have it up(it's about a 15 sec. cd). If you're support, morg is a great pick for your team.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Two lost games in a row, first one because the mid Kassadin was having "a bad day" and kept feeding the Yas. You'd think after the second time of trying to dive Yas you'd realise it isn't quite working, and try a more defensive strategy but hey that's silly talk. Found it funny that they started complaining about Yas just being OP when it was clear they were just being absent minded on tactics.

Second loss was due to a Thresh throwing bot lane because they were playing him first time. I'm all for experimentation of new champs, that's fine we've all been there, but at least look at a guide or he'll go play a bit match to understand the basics. He didn't even know how to actually build a Thresh, which is the easiest information you can find on the Internet.

This why I have trust issues playing ranked, just don't want to deal with idiots who aren't focused or don't want to actually work as a team. Sure it's normal that I play and it's to be expected but is it just a case of Riot not putting out clear information on champs and how they work, in the case of the second loss? Or is it just player laziness in not wanting to actually learn the champ before they play?

/rant over, now to go do some uni work.

nbraun80

Two lost games in a row, first one because the mid Kassadin was having "a bad day" and kept feeding the Yas. You'd think after the second time of trying to dive Yas you'd realise it isn't quite working, and try a more defensive strategy but hey that's silly talk. Found it funny that they started complaining about Yas just being OP when it was clear they were just being absent minded on tactics.

Second loss was due to a Thresh throwing bot lane because they were playing him first time. I'm all for experimentation of new champs, that's fine we've all been there, but at least look at a guide or he'll go play a bit match to understand the basics. He didn't even know how to actually build a Thresh, which is the easiest information you can find on the Internet.

This why I have trust issues playing ranked, just don't want to deal with idiots who aren't focused or don't want to actually work as a team. Sure it's normal that I play and it's to be expected but is it just a case of Riot not putting out clear information on champs and how they work, in the case of the second loss? Or is it just player laziness in not wanting to acrually learn the champ before they play?

/rant over, now to go do some uni work.
I'd say just laziness or just sheer 'they don't give a fuck' attitude. If you're first timing a champion in a ranked match, you deserve any flame coming to you, imo. there's so many ways to try a champ, coop vs. ai, team builder, blind pick, or just a custom game. Not to mention champion spotlights for most champs.

jerd

Top laner feeds the shit out of fiora and blame literally every other member of the team, then afks. He blamed me (soraka) for not ulting to save him while I'm level 5 and fiora had 50%+ hp left.

#onlyinpromos

kenbo

I ain't on that struggle level man. LOL. I can afford me some coca cola!

P.S Who did I just play with? Who is MmmmChowdah and LB Wolfpack?
Mmmchowdah is a gaffer
Top laner feeds the shit out of fiora and blame literally every other member of the team, then afks. He blamed me (soraka) for not ulting to save him while I'm level 5 and fiora had 50%+ hp left.

#onlyinpromos
That's what you get for not playing heimerdinger

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'd say just laziness or just sheer 'they don't give a fuck' attitude. If you're first timing a champion in a ranked match, you deserve any flame coming to you, imo. there's so many ways to try a champ, coop vs. ai, team builder, blind pick, or just a custom game. Not to mention champion spotlights for most champs.

Luckily these were just normal games so it wasn't THAT big of a deal, and I'm just ranting because I can, but I just hate people's laziness when they want to try something new. Sure, go ahead and branch out, but at least look at a build guide or something.

Kenai

Use eat spell on the champion portrait. Tahm feels damn strong after the buffs, but the only issue I find is his shield is way too strong, I think he is an amazing champion design. Unlike reworked fiora who is just obnoxious.

Good call at that portrait selection, i've never actually needed to use that for any champ until now. Gonna take a bit of getting used to before i do it automatically though.

His shield feels pretty good to me since it means his health is gone. His kit is just deny setup deny and i love it. Slow a charger, scoop up an out of place/stunned teammate, prep an out of place mage/too eager assassin for some easy skillshot landing, double up your shield for someone diving you, you name it. There's a lot he can do at any one time despite his kit sounding simple on paper.

Though maybe he's more obnoxious top where he can build supertanky? it feels nice to be able to do some dmg as a support too, he really hurts, even if that damage is limited to one target and gates a lot of his utility.

I also feel like in soloq silver I don't get to make the plays with R that I could with a bit more teamwork. I feel like i should be holding vigil over dragon or sneaking in/out of the jungle. I dunno if any high elo streamers use him regularly or I'd watch those more for tips. I am kinda trying out different stuff lin addition to his standard tank build (attspeed, health regen, ect) with mixed results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom