• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

I had an s or s+ support game that was like 4/6/10 or something similar

System too hard to decode

200 cs at 50 minutes is low.

Isn't cs relative for mastery score as far as we know? He was in the same ballpark as his adc and mid and well ahead of his top.

Leezard

I had an s or s+ support game that was like 4/6/10 or something similar

System too hard to decode

Isn't cs relative for mastery score as far as we know? He was in the same ballpark as his adc and mid and well ahead of his top.
It's relative to other junglers, I think. That said there is supposed to be some rank adjustment.

Newt

Some dude locked in Bard and got all pissy when I locked in Sivir. WTF.

He was all like "you're really gonna be a bitch in lane and pick Sivir".

Like, you're Bard, you can hardly talk.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
LoLKing has the most popular champ as Jinx at 3.9%. Are champ picks that varied now across the board or just a fluke on the system?

zkylon

zkylewd
played my first game of ekko, he's pretty fun. i enjoy that you gotta keep track of a bunch of stuff like passive stacks and ghost position, and that he takes getting used to, i like that kind of champion

also speaking of cs, i gotta learn to farm better, i tend to outfarm the scrubs i'm matched with but i want real numbers, specially mid-late i tend to mess that up with and wander about more than i should

hmm

I believe it's 39% according to op.gg

yeah i think lolking's pickrate's been bugged for a while

ChrisD

Lolking also shows a bugged win score thing number-ma-bob. That or it updates really friggin' slowly.

Experimenting with Champs and items is pretty fun now that I have 15 Mastery points. They're small bonuses, but they make messing around funner for some reason. I'm trying to get AP Soraka Top a win atm. It's not going well, but I'm determined to get at least one win off of it. And if I can fit in a Banner of Command to play "heal the Promoted Minion", that's even better.

Lolking also shows a bugged win score thing number-ma-bob. That or it updates really friggin' slowly.

Experimenting with Champs and items is pretty fun now that I have 15 Mastery points. They're small bonuses, but they make messing around funner for some reason. I'm trying to get AP Soraka Top a win atm. It's not going well, but I'm determined to get at least one win off of it. And if I can fit in a Banner of Command to play "heal the Promoted Minion", that's even better.
lol that is some trolly stuff.

There were definite areas I could have improved in both games. More warding, better farm (even though I was 5/0 I was down in levels against the Yi) but I still don't think I could have carried those games. That's honestly a worse feeling than knowing you fucked up and could have carried. With these games I just don't think there was a way for me to win them.

ChrisD

lol that is some trolly stuff.

But it's fun lol.
It actually worked okay in the second attempt. Was like 3/2/0 in the first ten minutes. But then I just broke and made some of the dumbest decisions, ended something horrible. Can't even remember it, but it was lots of death.

The first attempt tho. That one I was apparently a retarded autistic troll (wording TM of our Arcade Riven). Everyone was so angry at me from the word go. I was facing a Darius, too, which made things even worse.

Still going to get a win with it. At some point. :p

But it's fun lol.
It actually worked okay in the second attempt. Was like 3/2/0 in the first ten minutes. But then I just broke and made some of the dumbest decisions, ended something horrible. Can't even remember it, but it was lots of death.

The first attempt tho. That one I was apparently a retarded autistic troll (wording TM of our Arcade Riven). Everyone was so angry at me from the word go. I was facing a Darius, too, which made things even worse.

Still going to get a win with it. At some point. :p
Lol yeah those trolly builds, are a ton of fun to play. I love kill lanes, one time I did yas adc and ori support.

Leezard

There were definite areas I could have improved in both games. More warding, better farm (even though I was 5/0 I was down in levels against the Yi) but I still don't think I could have carried those games. That's honestly a worse feeling than knowing you fucked up and could have carried. With these games I just don't think there was a way for me to win them.
Yeah, some games are uncarriable. It really sucks but I try to enjoy the thought that the uncarriable persons will drop while I will climb.

Been playin playing Poppy a lot recently. She is so much fun once you get used to her.
She's been a decent counter to Riven for me. I go draft normals so Darius/Fiora always banned.(Dont want to drop outta plat b4 the season ends lol) The armor works good against GP. Irelia can go either way, gotta make sure you take ignite though.

Ren was difficult for me though. Dash in, stun, q, dash out. Not much I could do.
Panth was difficult, thinking maybe I shouldve went dorans shield instead of cloth5, idk.

Team fights you are basically guaranteed to take out the ADC/APC + Support if you can time the ult right and ult the right person.

Been playin playing Poppy a lot recently. She is so much fun once you get used to her.
She's been a decent counter to Riven for me. I go draft normals so Darius/Fiora always banned.(Dont want to drop outta plat b4 the season ends lol) The armor works good against GP. Irelia can go either way, gotta make sure you take ignite though.

Ren was difficult for me though. Dash in, stun, q, dash out. Not much I could do.
Panth was difficult, thinking maybe I shouldve went dorans shield instead of cloth5, idk.

Team fights you are basically guaranteed to take out the ADC/APC + Support if you can time the ult right and ult the right person.
Yeah one game I was playing they had a poly and in team fights, people would try to attack her after she ulted. We lost every fight because no one understood how it worked. :/
Sometimes using champs people never play is really good at low elos, because they don't understand how to counter play it.

Kenai

played my first game of ekko, he's pretty fun. i enjoy that you gotta keep track of a bunch of stuff like passive stacks and ghost position, and that he takes getting used to, i like that kind of champion

Good on you! And yea Ekko is pretty good in both lane and jng. Wish i got to play him more, I'd take him into ranked.

also speaking of cs, i gotta learn to farm better, i tend to outfarm the scrubs i'm matched with but i want real numbers, specially mid-late i tend to mess that up with and wander about more than i should

hmm

Lemme know if you figure anything out. My CS was legit embarrassing last game. I don't care if I was playing Fizz and roaming a ton, it still shouldn't be that bad. The 1/7 Ahri I crushed kept up with me.

I feel like it I don't get a super easy to CS with character like Ziggs or Annie my CS is just awful when i play mid.

Kenai

just last hit them all the time and ur cs will be great :^)

I gave myself more credit last time because I was apparently so annoying (Fizz again, I ganked botlane ONCE cause they were dumb enough to push to our tower on our red side while there was still clearly a pink in our bush showing they had no ward and I murdered em, they asked for it) that 3-4 enemy laners were in my lane from about 12:00 to 20:00. I had never see it before, was like "wut".

So the botlane came up and partied with me. Took all my CS. ALL OF IT. I didn't want to complain cause they were defending my tower, but it was serious 3-4 vs 3-4 in mid for a good random 8 min. Both our poke sucked so nothing really happened but no one left. I even tried to sneak to bot lane for a clump but the top laner (main person not mid). pushed his lane then took it all via teleported down from top before I could get past dragon pit. I even made the "ok" complete with sadface

I will not even complain cause I won hard both times but I kinda wanna be less sh*te at any particular time. I have been getting to mid/ADC at lot more than I've been able to support and it's showing in my terrible cs, but I at least know how to fix than as ADC. Balancing farming with roaming is clearly a struggle for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Good on you! And yea Ekko is pretty good in both lane and jng. Wish i got to play him more, I'd take him into ranked.
yea he's pretty fun

Lemme know if you figure anything out. My CS was legit embarrassing last game. I don't care if I was playing Fizz and roaming a ton, it still shouldn't be that bad. The 1/7 Ahri I crushed kept up with me.

I feel like it I don't get a super easy to CS with character like Ziggs or Annie my CS is just awful when i play mid.
tbh there's not much to it. stop missing cs, time your backs to base better, don't go mindlessly mid when there's an empty lane bot, take more jungle camps, etc.

csing isn't really the thing i'm weakest at, but i still gotta improve that a lot

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
If you're not watching replays and analyzing moment-to-moment decision making then you're working with vague ideas and general concepts at best on how to get better. CS is such a popular topic because it's quantifiable and requires little critique beyond calling your CS good or bad. It's a topic worth visiting but it's only one slice of "getting good."

Newt

If you're not watching replays and analyzing moment-to-moment decision making then you're working with vague ideas and general concepts at best on how to get better. CS is such a popular topic because it's quantifiable and requires little critique beyond calling your CS good or bad. It's a topic worth visiting but it's only one slice of "getting good."
Exactly.

Edwardo

I've been csing so much better lately. I'm still not where I want to be yet, but i've had a huge improvement. At least lately as adc.

I find CSing with ADCs the hardest because you got twice as many people to worry about in lane.
I agree with this, one problem I have so that I will focus on poking to much and my CS will suffer or visa versa.
One thing that I have been better at after playing mid lane is buy wards. I finally know how important it is.

i never understood the point of this exercise

it's like, in game you're gonna have runes, masteries and items, why practice in a less accurate environment?
Because it teaches you to last hit at the last possible moment regardless of your AD, which is something you'll need for wave control / freezing. You also learn to last hit at varying levels of AD and adapting to that so you don't misstime your damage.

Leezard

i never understood the point of this exercise

it's like, in game you're gonna have runes, masteries and items, why practice in a less accurate environment?

i duno i only cry to life is strange

Because it teaches you to last hit at the last possible moment regardless of your AD, which is something you'll need for wave control / freezing. You also learn to last hit at varying levels of AD and adapting to that so you don't misstime your damage.
Part 6 gets it.

To crank it up another notch, use Vlad. Last hitting practice with Vlad without runes, masteries and items is about the hardest level you need to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom