• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta find that balance.
Yeah, it is tough for me.

Because it teaches you to last hit at the last possible moment regardless of your AD, which is something you'll need for wave control / freezing. You also learn to last hit at varying levels of AD and adapting to that so you don't misstime your damage.
Yeah, I have been working on freezing and when to push. Scarra usually talks how to freeze, when to push and what waves to back on. I have learned to push into tower when the other person backs, force a fight or burst him down so they cant get cannon.

ChrisD

I just discovered Zz'Rot's portal.

Screw the Soraka thing, It's all about AD Item/Zz'Rot/Banner Tristana now.

Can't wait to reach Level 19 so I can use the Intelligence Mastery. 20% less time to pop my Portal. Yes, please.

Calvero

Banned
i never understood the point of this exercise

it's like, in game you're gonna have runes, masteries and items, why practice in a less accurate environment?

Because it teaches you to last hit at the last possible moment regardless of your AD, which is something you'll need for wave control / freezing. You also learn to last hit at varying levels of AD and adapting to that so you don't misstime your damage.

that's a pretty weak reason imo

How so? Being able to freeze lane and csing well under more extreme situations can end up deciding if you lost your lane by a landslide, if you went even, or if you pulled ahead.

Being able to properly CS is a skill that takes a lot of time to get to a decent state under the stress of the enemy champion's presence/harass. Doing it alone in a custom game under conditions where you have to be more precise develops the underlying skill of targeting small objects (minions) based on a small bar that slowly depletes to become something of second-nature, as well as resulting with more consistent accuracy as the real scenario would be more lenient on the damage required for the last hit thus you would do so with more ease.

patchday

So I'm basically playing Darius for my first time (technically played him once or twice before but it was many weeks ago back when he wasn't OP

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1991929593/36583?tab=overview

This team surrenders right at 20. It's almost as if the conversation went down like this:
"Their Darius is pretty fed and hes building Juggernaut items. So like- let's just give up"

Granted, maybe it had more to do with our ADC wrecking faces but still it was really close and early

[edit] Oh btw, I've went back to Blind Pick. I dunno if I'm higher MMR now or something but getting pretty good quality teammates in Blind picks now

I just want a new toplaner who is fun to play and good without being horribly overpowered.
I agree with this. Top lane is no fun to play anymore, with the reworks.
I haven't played any of he reworked champs but gangplank, so I don't know if they are fun to play. I hate playing against them.
Try out Jax, he is a lot of fun.

Quonny

I was playing against a mundo support and damn it was annoying.
What did they exactly buff, I was kinda confused by the patch notes?

Basically, it's an auto-attack reset that does damage based on max health and gives him an AD steroid based on his missing HP for a few seconds afterwards. They added the attack, before it just gave the steroid.

patchday

cOEDJqX.png

Any tips??? I'm a horrible jungler it seems cause how could I lose all my matches with this incredible character? I joined this game for Vi. I simply fell in love with her concept and design

But I blow chunks with her. Something wrong with my build? I'm thinking to stop rushing Randuin. Maybe try Juggernaut items?

I know I need to buy more pinks. Been looking at probuilds and I see the pros are getting pinks.

[edit] Huh, the pros are struggling with her too? I see lots and lots of losses on her. Only 3/10 wins for Vi.

Neol

Well for one thing please finish your jungle item before getting anything else.

Second please don't go devourer on Vi. Warrior is 10x better on her.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
cOEDJqX.png

Any tips??? I'm a horrible jungler it seems cause how could I lose all my matches with this incredible character? I joined this game for Vi. I simply fell in love with her concept and design

But I blow chunks with her. Something wrong with my build? I'm thinking to stop rushing Randuin. Maybe try Juggernaut items?

I know I need to buy more pinks. Been looking at probuilds and I see the pros are getting pinks.
I would not build devourer after nerf. Go Jung warrior and build hexdrinker and Cleaver. Then full tank.

zkylon

zkylewd
CSLj3A_VAAAIOG9.jpg:large

How so? Being able to freeze lane and csing well under more extreme situations can end up deciding if you lost your lane by a landslide, if you went even, or if you pulled ahead.

Being able to properly CS is a skill that takes a lot of time to get to a decent state under the stress of the enemy champion's presence/harass. Doing it alone in a custom game under conditions where you have to be more precise develops the underlying skill of targeting small objects (minions) based on a small bar that slowly depletes to become something of second-nature, as well as resulting with more consistent accuracy as the real scenario would be more lenient on the damage required for the last hit thus you would do so with more ease.
yeah, but doing it with no runes whatever is dumb imo

i sometimes do like a bit of warmup csing against bots but i think anything more than that is probably a waste of time

kenbo

Don't buy two offensive if you're not snowballing out of control. If your first several ganks fail you will be behind. Go tanky.

Trinity is better than BC because you won't get stacks on them before you blow a full combo of abilities anyway.

Don't buy DMP on her, even though it's a great item. Randuin's is better on her kit.

Devourer sucks on Vi. Get warrior. Vi is all about threatening a huge amount of unanswerable burst.

Full build trinity + Randuin's + steraks + other tanky item can 1v1 anybody

In team fights, think about what your team needs you to do

Do they need you to lock down a key target for them to assassinate? If so try to grab a flank onto the target

Is your team full of kiters who want to move backwards in a fight? Stick with your team and don't go deep. Threaten a Q into R but use it to peel their front line for your carries. R the diving assassin / bruiser

Of course if you're fed, just go destroy their key damage dealer...

patchday

I would not build devourer after nerf. Go Jung warrior and build hexdrinker and Cleaver. Then full tank.

Excellent, you guys rock :)

Getting rdy to queue up so wanted to grab all the input I can so I can improve.

edit -->

Don't buy trinity force if you're not doing well already. If your first few ganks fail you will be behind. Go tanky.

Don't buy DMP on her, even though it's a great item. Randuin's is better on her kit.

Do they need you to lock down a key target for them to assassinate? If so try to grab a flank onto the target

Is your team full of kiters who want to move backwards in a fight? Stick with your team and don't go deep. Threaten a Q into R but use it to peel their front line for your carries. R the diving assassin / bruiser

What's DMP? Thanks!

kenbo

Excellent, you guys rock :)

Getting rdy to queue up so wanted to grab all the input I can so I can improve.

edit -->

What's DMP? Thanks!
I edited my advice btw

DMP = dead man's plate

Trinity force is ok

With it, even if you're behind you can solo a squishy if you find them alone

Basically, it's an auto-attack reset that does damage based on max health and gives him an AD steroid based on his missing HP for a few seconds afterwards. They added the attack, before it just gave the steroid.
Wow that is a huge buff, I think I might buy him and take him for a spin.

patchday

Don't buy two offensive if you're not snowballing out of control. If your first several ganks fail you will be behind. Go tanky.

Trinity is better than BC because you won't get stacks on them before you blow a full combo of abilities anyway.

Devourer sucks on Vi. Get warrior. Vi is all about threatening a huge amount of unanswerable burst.

Awesome! See this is why I've been putting off pursuing Ranked. So much to learn still. This gives me a much better idea why I've been losing with her

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Played against a troll comp and my team could not get their shit together. As braum I could only carry their asses for so long that if I hadn't have picked braum, we would have surrendered at 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom