• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I've developing a list of material for improvement regarding marksmen, specifically Lucian. Can anyone here think of areas that I'm missing out on?

• runes & masteries
  • summoner spell
  • itemization early, core and situational
  • leaving base asap, the first 90 seconds
  • best skin
  • last hitting during laning
  • keeping ahead in cs during mid game
  • pushing out safely late
  • communicating with team (generalized)
  • checking the minimap, gathering information from it
  • understanding skill set
  • synergizing skills with support
  • warding
  • trinket usage
  • powerspikes
  • trading and poking
  • freezing and zoning, forming yours or breaking theirs
  • all-ins
  • sieging
  • matchups against supports
  • matchups against other adcs
  • dealing with assassins
  • recognizing a gank and setting up your own
  • understanding teamfighting/skirmishes
  • target prioritization
  • quality vs quantity of matches
  • using replays

Kenai

I think that's a pretty good list but some of it (specifically the item builds and probably masteries/runes?) are gonna be shaken up before year's end so maybe hold off a bit unless you wanna do a lot of research of stuff that's about to be kinda outdated.

JulianImp

Is there an in-engine way to record your own games? I guess I could try it to take a look at stuff I might be doing wrong, such as not glancing at the minimap enough or failing to notice openings.

Played some more Bard games, which I've enjoyed despite feeling like I'm mostly a walking heal machine, since his only two offensive abilities requiring good aim and team coordination and portals are a bit like that as well (I like how opponents are wary of using them unless they have good vision, though). One thing I've noticed is that you can wave clear pretty well with Bard on a pinch mid/late thanks to its passive-bosted auto-attacks.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an in-engine way to record your own games? I guess I could try it to take a look at stuff I might be doing wrong, such as not glancing at the minimap enough or failing to notice openings.

http://replay.gg/

I wouldn't trust anything you have to download.

the hekk does CC mean

Crowd control
Stuns, silences, etc. Anything that restricts your freedom of movement as a sovereign citizen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
the hekk does CC mean
Crowd control. Abilities that control space or enemy movement to have an impact on the battle. There is "hard" crowd control that completely interrupts action (stuns, knock-ups, fears, etc.) and "soft" crowd control that only limits movement or action (slows, blinds).

JulianImp

whoever did the soundfx for the guns on Lucian's new skin should be executed by firing squad. maybe the worst attempt at gun soundfx ever.

dink, dink, dink...

Now you made me picture a joke skin that replaces all of a champion's weapon/magic SFX with the VA vocally attempting to emulate those sounds... That'd probably get pretty grating after a while, though.

My skin watch list right now is Definitely not Blitzcrank (if it shows up for this year's harrowing), summer/winter Lulu, any maaaybe Final Boss Veigar (love his skin, the champion not so much) and Blitz. Are any of them likely to be on sale anytime soon?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Now you made me picture a joke skin that replaces all of a champion's weapon/magic SFX with the VA vocally attempting to emulate those sounds... That'd probably get pretty grating after a while, though.

My skin watch list right now is Definitely not Blitzcrank (if it shows up for this year's harrowing), summer/winter Lulu, any maaaybe Final Boss Veigar (love his skin, the champion not so much) and Blitz. Are any of them likely to be on sale anytime soon?

That reminds me of the guy who made a sound pack for Minecraft which consists entirely of his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGPpMmXmxH0

JulianImp

for replays baron replays works perfect (http://ahri.tw/)

but best way to record is with obs cos u record ur mouse clicks and camera control

The one issue I have with obs is that it'd probably slow my computer down a whole lot, since I'm playing at my monitor's defaulr 2560x1600 resolution (I stopped using non-native resolutions since the game sometimes glitched the screen up until I reset the computer, and it stopped happening once I switched back to native res).

ChrisD

am I the only one who will intentionally drag out a game by hard-turtling and saying no to surrenders until we actually lose, just to mess with people who say, "stop wasting my time"?

If you think playing is a waste of time why are you playing

JulianImp

am I the only one who will intentionally drag out a game by hard-turtling and saying no to surrenders until we actually lose, just to mess with people who say, "stop wasting my time"?

If you think playing is a waste of time why are you playing

I tend to agree with surrenders if it's obvious we're getting steamrolled no matter what, since that allows me to move on to another game rather than spend 15-20 extra minutes in a game that is already lost. However, I won't vote for surrendering if we're having a close game that could go either way.

Sometimes you get carried by a random Lollipoppy despite one or more other players feeding the enemy team (yeah, that actually was a thing for me a couple days ago), but if the whole enemy team is 4+ levels above us and has far better item builds, then nothing short of a massive blunder from them is going to turn things around, so I'd rather drop the game in those kind of cases.

dimb

One last game for the season. Only ranked one I'm playing all month. ADC disconnects after one minute for the rest of the match. Top Zed feeds uncontrollably hard. Mid feeds even without any jungle pressure. Sums up my feelings well enough.

JulianImp

One last game for the season. Only ranked one I'm playing all month. ADC disconnects after one minute for the rest of the match. Top Zed feeds uncontrollably hard. Mid feeds even without any jungle pressure. Sums up my feelings well enough.

Gotta hate those kinds of games.

Today I got paired with a WW that allegedly had 1000 ping (lost), and then I played against him right afterwards (and won). I also happened to see freaking Bard mid (on the enemy team, luckily).

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I wonder if its better to play ranked midway into a season because then you don't queue with people rushing to play ranked or people trying to climb the ladder at the last minute.

jerd

The kind of game that makes you take a long hard look at your steam backlog

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Yeeep.

Tales of Zesty, Fallout 4, Divinity:EE, Trails in the Sky. No more league until February probably at this point.

dimb

I don't really play single player video games anymore, so I don't have a Steam backlog. Everyone I know is playing Tree of Savior but it's really boring for me. I wanted to try Overwatch really bad but I didn't get in.

kenbo

I don't really play single player video games anymore, so I don't have a Steam backlog. Everyone I know is playing Tree of Savior but it's really boring for me. I wanted to try Overwatch really bad but I didn't get in.
Far out everybody has a key except me

Kenai

Fallout 4, Xenoblade, Youkai Watch and the rest of my backlog should make for a cozy winter (lol at me thinking I'll put anything more than a small dent in my backlog)

Kenai

Legendary skins like Final Boss Veigar are never on sale (though you can get lucky and get them cheap via Mystery Gift or something like those random "good player skin" events that happen once a year or so, I got Blackfrost Anivia Mystery Gift trading that way and Safecracker Eve from 'good player" that i will prolly never use).

Holiday skins that are limited (like DN Blitz and WW Lulu) also tend to not be "on sale" unless they are in those huge random bundles they sometimes do. You'll only be able to buy it at all around said holiday unless they decent to keep it in the shop (and they haven't for those two). Beyond that sales are pretty random and can take a long time to rotate to what you want.

Ferga

"Smurfing with Been Awhile who jungles. Don't ban yasuo."

dk6EXq8.png

almost 1200 games this season on the Yasuo.

Get fucked.

Ferga

Zac is such a powerhouse of a jungler wtf.

Why didn't I play him earlier. I can actually dive inhib turrets, solo carries and end games before 30minutes now.

Holy shit.

garath

I want to play overwatch so bad. Blizzard is so hit or miss with betas though. Complete random chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom