• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah like i don't even see how it's a big deal. a majority of shens are happy enough to use the Q just to poke their lane opponent anyway. if they want a meaningful nerf they should've looked elsewhere

and i don't see its application in teamfighting on a marked target with it being a big selling point of the ability either.

zkylon

zkylewd
just read the syndra buff, it's not nearly as cool as i thought cos they removed the amped dmg from her upgraded q

i'm guessing it still translates into more damage, specially lategame, but i'm not sure if she's not losing dmg against squishies

ehhh

Nekofrog

Banned
viktor's still a late game monster, they hit his early/mid. hopefully he can't waveclear an entire wave after his first back anymore, when other mages like ziggs have to have 2 full AP items to one shot caster minions, or use 2 abilities with 1 full ap item.

Not a big fan of the Shen Q nerf. I think they should have just nerfed the heal against minions. This hurts the patterns where he can either safely heal or safely poke..

The heal was one of the things that helped him duel in lane.

Nekofrog

Banned
i dunno, i just don't see it as a big deal. maybe in extended trades vs certain champions (and with the new bruiser stuff, it could be a big deal, we'll have to see)

when i'm shen i'm usually too busy cleaning up my teammates messes to worry about trading past 6 anyway :\

ON ANOTHER TOPIC

who is the one champion that you wish you could go back and play at a different point in time during their existence?

i wanna play old kassawin again.

just read the syndra buff, it's not nearly as cool as i thought cos they removed the amped dmg from her upgraded q

i'm guessing it still translates into more damage, specially lategame, but i'm not sure if she's not losing dmg against squishies

ehhh
How is she losing damage against squishies? They didn't remove the amped damage, they just turned the extra damage she got from upgraded Q into true damage.

Instead of 265+69% AP just read it as 230+60% AP magic damage + 35+9% AP magic damage > true damage

I wish I could play vanilla remake mid Eve again. So dumb. Powerlevel to 6, back, buy an elixir, kill their jungler, rush DFG, keep collecting kills. Press DFG to nuke half health, press R for the other half.

It was also the peak of Rengar so I had several Eve vs Rengar matches with 8 spectators running around.

Blizzard

Banned
Did anyone else do all the champions in the Blitzcrank arcade game and unlock Corki?

I tried a couple of times but couldn't figure out any way to progress with him. The only other thing I found on the internet was someone else, with no replies, asking the same question.

It could understandably be a very odd joke as the final unlock, but I just wanted to make sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
tAJHjJa.png

the pixelart sprites for the arcade characters at the arcade minisite are hella cute
except heca and blitz cos heca and blitz suck

How is she losing damage against squishies? They didn't remove the amped damage, they just turned the extra damage she got from upgraded Q into true damage.

Instead of 265+69% AP just read it as 230+60% AP magic damage + 35+9% AP magic damage > true damage
oh, i'm dumb, i read it wrong, i thought it was true damage instead of the 15% extra

good, then it's a nice buff she'll like

tho for a second i thought it converted all her q damage into true dmg, but i guess that would've been much.

e buff feels like more of a qol change more than anything

Guaranteed first blood by gating to the enemy lane brush then having your teammates TP to a ward you placed.

Oh and lmao tanking turrets by spamming wards.

It was possible to buy wards at level 1 and go to any tower and take it down before the first minion wave popped out. It was gimmicky fun. Warwick with his W and Heimer were pretty much needed though. Alistar and Shaco made it easier with Alis old tower damage buff/shacos boxes.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm trying J4 with the new items, wonder what it'll be like

I'd imagine Renekton's gonna be wicked strong too

kenbo

I genuinely do not understand riots mentality. They make sweeping changes in a number of untouched champions, across the board changes to an entire class of item (armor) and add new items RIGHT before worlds. What professional sport does stuff like that??? I would be so mad if I was a pro player. There's no possible way they can balance it properly in the weeks before worlds let alone the adaption that teams have to make.
Um, Dota does this for nearly every TI

killatopak

Gold Member
renekton will still be in the dumps

forever and ever

he was the bar, so they took him down and replaced him with a wall

nooooooo my renek.

I don't think he's bad though. I have 70% win rate on him. You just have to close games early.

Now that I think about it. I never did know why he was always picked in S3. What did they nerf from him?

nooooooo my renek.

I don't think he's bad though. I have 70% win rate on him. You just have to close games early.

Now that I think about it. I never did know why he was always picked in S3. What did they nerf from him?

I think they just heavily hit his Q healing/resource regeneration(Whilst doubling his decay rate) which hurt his laning alot

Nekofrog

Banned
Renekton isn't the worst in a lane swap, there are other champions played right now that are worse than he was in his prime during lane swaps

Said champions offer way more in the late game than he does in general though so it is what it is

Renektons whole thing was getting so far ahead that for him late game was 25 minutes, and he could usually close it out fast.

Not anymore though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yo Skarner is absolutely insane, my goodness

Went Cinderhulk-Triforce-Sterak's Gage and just destroyed EVERYTHING

Kalentan

If you go on a win streak in ranked, does that effect the people you play with? I was on a eight win streak and I lose my streak to a really bad game where I'm forced to go support (I'm "okay" at) and the adc is terrible, the jungler is horrible and just bitches the entire game. Then I go into my next match (which I dodged to be honest), and I say. I top pref and it's my best lane, and then suddenly the people in the lobby started bitching at me. It's like WTF? The people I was getting paired with during my win streak were generally really nice and now? Not so much.

If you go on a win streak in ranked, does that effect the people you play with? I was on a eight win streak and I lose my streak to a really bad game where I'm forced to go support (I'm "okay" at) and the adc is terrible, the jungler is horrible and just bitches the entire game. Then I go into my next match (which I dodged to be honest), and I say. I top pref and it's my best lane, and then suddenly the people in the lobby started bitching at me. It's like WTF? The people I was getting paired with during my win streak were generally really nice and now? Not so much.
Kinda. Going on a win streak means your MMR is only increasing instead of being normalized by wins/losses so you get matched with people with higher and higher MMR.

Looking forward to fighting a good Karma mid with my Talon mid. Last night some dude brought Ashe to mid lane. She fed my Talon pretty well. Kinda looking forward to seeing how I fare against better players. Last night the entire enemy team didn't even have Tier 3 runes. At best they were Tier 1. I just cant fathom why not purchase some runes.

Talon? Psh, Talon ain't shit.

kenbo

Nope
All win streaks do is push your MMR higher faster
I think you were just unlucky, one game of lobby trolls doesn't tell you anything about an mmr bracket
Yo Skarner is absolutely insane, my goodness

Went Cinderhulk-Triforce-Sterak's Gage and just destroyed EVERYTHING
The scaling on his Q is really insane, even at rank 1 he does incredible dps
Renekton isn't the worst in a lane swap, there are other champions played right now that are worse than he was in his prime during lane swaps

Said champions offer way more in the late game than he does in general though so it is what it is
Yeah he doesn't suffer the worst in a lane swap but the whole point of renekton is to destroy the other top lane from levels 2-5 which he really can't do in a swap.

---

And Holy shit, adc have to be the most coddled babies of league players. I already see heaps of whining about morde in bot making adc more and more obsolete

Kalentan

Depends on how high we are talking here. High Silver / all of Plat / high Diamond players are all dicks.

High Silver/Low Gold.

So I'm probably getting the salty High Silvers who want to be gold, and the low Gold people who are salty cause they can't get out of Gold V.

High Silver/Low Gold.

So I'm probably getting the salty High Silvers who want to be gold, and the low Gold people who are salty cause they can't get out of Gold V.
Correct. The closer we get to the end of the season, the worse that ELO gets because of all the people trying to get their shit skin and failing.

No shared splashes for the Project skins yessss
Gold is a pretty chill place though
Yeah once you're only playing with Gold players it's probably the best ELO before Challenger.

It's pretty rough while you're still getting Silver 1 people in your games.

Nekofrog

Banned
my gold 4 smurf is getting plats regularly in ranked, i need to lose a bunch of games "unintentionally" so i can bring the mmr down. anyone have a smurf they need to tank?

sry panda, you're not around enough to do it :(

And Holy shit, adc have to be the most coddled babies of league players. I already see heaps of whining about morde in bot making adc more and more obsolete
As much as I - used to, fuck bot - bitch about the state of bot lane, Morde is the push that it needed. If Morde is an issue then pick something that can deal with him that isn't a champion that is useless for 30 minutes. The enemy team doesn't have a marksman so you don't have to worry about getting out sieged, why not pick a mage for bot that can handle him? Pick Cass, pick Ryze, Azir, whatever, you're finally able to work around the meta instead of being a siege minion and all they can do is whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom