• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I - used to, fuck bot - bitch about the state of bot lane, Morde is the push that it needed. If Morde is an issue then pick something that can deal with him that isn't a champion that is useless for 30 minutes. The enemy team doesn't have a marksman so you don't have to worry about getting out sieged, why not pick a mage for bot that can handle him? Pick Cass, pick Ryze, Azir, whatever, you're finally able to work around the meta instead of being a siege minion and all they can do is whine.

So is the consensus that Morde shits on bot laners

I haven't touched League since Skarner became a menace to society.

(On a side note I was forced to go ADC yesterday and went 2/0/8 as Graves without even trying, I don't even play ADC. adc 2 ez)

killatopak

Gold Member
I don't know if it's a region by region thing but I never found toxicity in ranked in any of my games from gold 5-plat 5. I don't know if it's because I've been skipping playing with low plats or low golds because of my mmr (I've been playing with people 3-5 tiers above me.) but most toxic players seem to come out during champ select so I dodge that shit without impunity if I ever notice one. The same goes whenever I see a noticeably inferior lineup compared to the enemy team.

I duo q all of my ranked games and I find it very useful especially in trying to dodge games. If I want to dodge a game, I dodge it and if at the second champ select there's still trolls, I tell my duo to dodge it so we minimize lp loss. It's even better when you're in series because a dodge means automatic loss so having someone to dodge for you is really beneficial. For that same reason, I don't really want to duo q with my friend for now because we both are in plat 4 series so we can't dodge any game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
my gold 4 smurf is getting plats regularly in ranked, i need to lose a bunch of games "unintentionally" so i can bring the mmr down. anyone have a smurf they need to tank?

sry panda, you're not around enough to do it :(

maybe you should stop being afk constantly.

kenbo

Morde + engage = old school kill lane

It's not a new concept, but people are still whining. He's not even as good as a real kill lane

Morde has the benefit of being able to siege though, unlike say Leona/j4 bot

Kalentan

I really need to stop playing when I lose a single ranked game. Now after going on a eight win streak, I'm on a 3 lose streak and at 0 lp and about to be demoted to Silver II even though I just got to Silver I today. I need to start playing normals for a bit cause even my main character I'm doing terrible at. I swear I do bad in one match and it sends me on a spiral downwards. :(

I think I am in love with new Garen after one game. He definitely is less tanky now, but boy does he do some damage. I think my MMR is trash in Team Builder or something tho, I haven't lost a game yet in it, something like 13-0 right now.

vZSiJoF.png

The Riven was OK in lane until her first death when I hit 6. Then she was screwed and I killed her a few more times before moving on to roaming around the map. The new items synergize really well with Garen, especially Sterak's Gage, which gives him the extra nudge he needs to be effective in team fights.

Edit: I was 10-0-0 at one point in the game, with my team only having 12 total kills. I spent the rest of the game diving deep for the villain no matter the cost.

Newt

I really need to stop playing when I lose a single ranked game. Now after going on a eight win streak, I'm on a 3 lose streak and at 0 lp and about to be demoted to Silver II even though I just got to Silver I today. I need to start playing normals for a bit cause even my main character I'm doing terrible at. I swear I do bad in one match and it sends me on a spiral downwards. :(
Are you on NA? I can help "fix" that problem.

killatopak

Gold Member
The Riven was OK in lane until her first death when I hit 6. Then she was screwed and I killed her a few more times before moving on to roaming around the map. The new items synergize really well with Garen, especially Sterak's Gage, which gives him the extra nudge he needs to be effective in team fights.

Garen kinda does counter Riven. It's not reason enough for her to lose but once you shut her down early, she kinda does shit unless she roams.

lol at newt and his "fixing".

drawkcaB

As much as I - used to, fuck bot - bitch about the state of bot lane, Morde is the push that it needed. If Morde is an issue then pick something that can deal with him that isn't a champion that is useless for 30 minutes. The enemy team doesn't have a marksman so you don't have to worry about getting out sieged, why not pick a mage for bot that can handle him? Pick Cass, pick Ryze, Azir, whatever, you're finally able to work around the meta instead of being a siege minion and all they can do is whine.

Or swap the ADC and mid match-up permitting. Lots of ADCs can mid just fine. Or swap the duo and mid laner positions if the original mid can clear safely (Ziggs, Xerath, etc.) I'm of the same line of thinking as you, it's a nice change of pace.

I don't know how they'd get around it, but it'd be nice if Morde's XP passsive could be picked up by anyone, although that's opening up a whole can of worms. Probably best to just unrealistically hope that he's so good Riot determines that passive isn't needed after all and things progress from there.

ADC's whining...it's not like it's without merit, but it's not a matter of being weak. It comes down to itemization. Having played about ~25 ADC matches in the past month, more than my previous experience combined, the items just suck. Once Riot gives it a pass through like they did the mage and bruiser/defensive items I think ADCs will be much happier.

Also, I get why Morde players would be unhappy with his changes regardless of how things pan out. It's a pretty radical departure for what he was. I bet that if Riot gave a new mage champion the same XP gain passive as Morde that champion would be praised to high heaven.

23qwerty

durr why didn't I patch league when i got home so I could play it later when I felt like it >_>
ah that was a surprisingly small patch considering how big it is

Doesn't support Morde kind of waste the passive? Or was he just helping push like crazy?

With Runic shield it allows him to get full experience as well as give gold to the adc. So as far as a support goes, he has no CC but gets slight exp boosts here and there.

jerd

Supposed to be lux buffs in todays pbe but didnt go through. Will be in tomorrow. Binding mana cost reduced and full duration on second target snare

kenbo

Riot may be considering removing season rewards for anybody who was punished in the 2015 season (chat restrictions, ranked ban, game banned)

That's beyond dumb

How is a chat restriction on the same level as somebody who got game banned?

How does a 3 day bannable offense equate to the removal of 250 days of work?

You don't take away somebody's gold medal because they beat some random up at the pub, you take it away because he cheated.

This makes no sense and it just feels like Riot Lyte doesn't know how to stop with his systems reforms, and I say that as a person who has never been banned or chat restricted, this initiative is pointless.

jerd

I've never agreed with breezy more

If you're serious about cleaning up the community you gotta start laying down the law

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Riot may be considering removing season rewards for anybody who was punished in the 2015 season (chat restrictions, ranked ban, game banned)

That's beyond dumb

You don't take away somebody's gold medal because they beat some random up at the pub, you take it away because he cheated.

This makes no sense and it just feels like Riot Lyte doesn't know how to stop with his systems reforms, and I say that as a person who has never been banned or chat restricted, this initiative is pointless.

Would that means Newt reigns of breaking the system will end?

kenbo

The rage is always amusing as smites are but it's so unintelligent to arbitrarily punish every "bad" person the same, especially when the punishment is unrelated to the taken reward

If you're serious about cleaning up the community you gotta start laying down the law
Can't win the war without killing some civilians rite

Would that means Newt reigns of breaking the system will end?
No he'll just become more toxic since it doesn't matter anymore because he can't get rewards

drawkcaB

That's beyond dumb

Yeah, not being a cunt is hard sometimes. Just today a stranger smiled at me and said hello on my way to work. I bit my tongue and didn't call her a giant bitch was really hard. Man, what a great guy I am not doing that.

I mean, the tribunal did shit to curb toxicity. That stupid little honor badge did shit to make better players. They did the santa baron one year but nobody gives a shit about that. Let themd o it!

The rage is always amusing as smites are but it's so unintelligent to arbitrarily punish every "bad" person the same, especially when the punishment is unrelated to the taken reward

The only basic rule people should follow is 'Don't be a dick'. So if they do a blanket punish on all people who are dicks, then so be it.

See, what's the point of chat restricting if people will still abuse what little chat they have, and if they will be toxic in pre or post game chat? Take away something they love. That will make them shut up.

Can't win the war without killing some civilians rite

wooooooooow. Even when trashing Riot in this community I never made such a bad false equivalence.

kenbo

That's really not fair to people who play the game a lot

A person who plays the game more often is more likely to have some moments of rage where they respond to trrolling/feeding and utter choice words

Over a year of that they'd likely be chat banned once

And suddenly that person is just as bad as somebody who plays one game a week and is absolutely offensive and gets chat restricted immediately

Yeah this system is great

zkylon

zkylewd

That's beyond dumb

wait before getting outraged over probably nothing

they said they're considering it

that doesn't mean they'll do it or HOW they'll do it

might not be for 3 day ban people, might only be for repeated offenders, maybe they'll just take away the skin, who knows

A person who plays the game more often is more likely to have some moments of rage where they respond to trrolling/feeding and utter choice words

And suddenly that person is just as bad as somebody who plays one game a week and is absolutely offensive and gets chat restricted immediately

i don't really see what you're saying, it just doesn't make any sense for me

either you're a toxic person or you're not, it doesn't have to do with number of games

and it's really easy not to be toxic, it's not riot's responsibility to consider that maybe you were having a bad day if you're making the game worse for everyone

and they do so anyways, by only banning ppl from chat instead of banning them outright

I've played the game for 5 years, and the only time I got chat restricted for 5 games was when I went on a streak of being a dick in game.

It's not that hard to not be a dick.

jerd

No

If you say assholey shit then you're probably an asshole.

kenbo

I've never been punished either and nor am I saying its hard to not be a dick, I'm saying this punishment is not fair

No

If you say assholey shit then you're probably an asshole.

Please, we all know this game can be trying sometimes
Especially if you're trying to climb. Even the nicest person curses

wait before getting outraged over probably nothing

they said they're considering it

that doesn't mean they'll do it or HOW they'll do it

might not be for 3 day ban people, might only be for repeated offenders, maybe they'll just take away the skin, who knows

that's why we're having a discussion over the proposed solution

I'm saying its unfair if its a blanket

jerd

Double post weird

Pretty sure it's less than one percent of the community that has been banned or chat restricted

I've never been punished either and nor am I saying its hard to not be a dick, I'm saying this punishment is not fair

It's extremely fair. There is no way of valuing the harassment that some people get in a video game. Some people are just unbelievable dicks, and you say it's not fair to them? Well balls to them.

Leezard

I dunno, I've played the game often for 5 years and I've never gotten banned/restricted/whatever. It's unusual, but I agree with Breezy on this one.

kenbo

It's extremely fair. There is no way of valuing the harassment that some people get in a video game. Some people are just unbelievable dicks, and you say it's not fair to them? Well balls to them.

And yet he has a system that tries to do just that

I'm not saying don't take away rewards, I'm saying reserve it to the worst offenders - these "unbelievable dicks" rather than absolutely everybody who has been punished, like poor Mr "10 game chat banned once at the start of the season and has reformed into a model citizen"

I dunno, I've played the game often for 5 years and I've never gotten banned/restricted/whatever. It's unusual, but I agree with Breezy on this one.
So it's ok to mete out the same punishment to somebody who was chat banned at the start of the season and has since reformed and somebody who has been banned for 30 days for constant verbal abuse?

THAT is what I'm getting at here, I'm not against the taking away of season rewards, I'm against applying that same punishment to absolutely everybody using his convenient little system.

And yet he has a system that tries to do just that

I'm not saying don't take away rewards, I'm saying reserve it to the worst offenders - these "unbelievable dicks" rather than absolutely everybody who has been punished, like poor Mr "10 game chat banned once at the start of the season and has reformed into a model citizen"

That poor mr. 10 game chat banned had to be a dick for continuous games to do that. 'Reformation' in this case is they learned how to harass without being blatant about it. Take away the rewards, I say. It'll be a warning that if they continue to be a dick the next season, the same thing will happen.

zkylon

zkylewd
not repeatedly

if you're repeatedly toxic then you're an asshole (noot)

u can be an asshole because you're a racist monster or you can be an asshole cos you broke up with your so and are feeling sad or whatever, but you're still being an asshole as far as the game is respected

i think it's not really worth discussing unless there are any details

i think at this point it's a little dodgy but it doesn't feel super unfair if it's mentioned before the season starts

and probably doesn't feel too unfair right now either, tbh

i don't know anyone with a ban that didn't deserve it and i feel like it's a really good incentive to not be a jerk

jerd

You're so unlikely to get banned for a single instance unless you have just an insane racial outburst or something

Besides why should riot give people who 100% negatively impact the game end of season REWARDS

Take newt for example. We all know he can be a dick but afaik he wont even be affected by this

kenbo

That poor mr. 10 game chat banned had to be a dick for continuous games to do that. 'Reformation' in this case is they learned how to harass without being blatant about it. Take away the rewards, I say. It'll be a warning that if they continue to be a dick the next season, the same thing will happen.
That's just plain cynical
Even Riot lets Incarnation and IWD play in NA
i think at this point it's a little dodgy but it doesn't feel super unfair if it's mentioned before the season starts

and probably doesn't feel too unfair right now either, tbh

i don't know anyone with a ban that didn't deserve it and i feel like it's a really good incentive to not be a jerk
Its not an incentive if it's not mentioned until the last minute

And it's either unfair or it isn't zkylon. This wasn't mentioned at the start of the season, its dodgy and its not "not super unfair" as per your words

You're so unlikely to get banned for a single instance unless you have just an insane racial outburst or something

Besides why should riot give people who 100% negatively impact the game end of season REWARDS

Take newt for example. We all know he can be a dick but afaik he wont even be affected by this

100% negatively impact the game

lets say you play 5000 games this season, and was a saint
then you play 10 games in a row and was a jerk, got chat banned

is that 100% negative impact?

compare that to a person who played 100 games and has a 400 game chat ban

Leezard

So it's ok to mete out the same punishment to somebody who was chat banned at the start of the season and has since reformed and somebody who has been banned for 30 days for constant verbal abuse?

THAT is what I'm getting at here, I'm not against the taking away of season rewards, I'm against applying that same punishment to absolutely everybody using his convenient little system.

It's not the same punishment as the players have already been punished in various ways (bans, chat restrict, ranked restrict), it's merely removal of rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom