• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you make a Kat stop ulting into 3--5 enemies at once all by herself? Just lost a 50 minute game that we were winning soooo much because she couldn't stop running into them. Over and over we said nicely to her "what the fuck are you doing?"

"I thought I could get all 3"

No. No you cannot. You are Silver. Not in the fuckin' LCS.

It's amazing how the best players follow the most simple tactics to get where they are. But people watching probably think its because "omg! Look at the triple kill! How do I get triple kills?!" Well, throw your face into a group of enemies who are going to destroy you, I guess.

Rant over.

zkylon

zkylewd
morde is weird

we had a really long game in which he got first blooded, then killed our darius like 2 times, then got ganked and actually got a double kill and he was just walking around one shotting ppl

but me as ori i think i never once got hit by him in the whole game

so i dunno, seems like his balance might be kind of ok in some sort of twisted sense that if u can kite him he's really harmless, but also i'm not sure if he should be able to be 2v1ing ppl early game as a solo laner with only 3 spells lol

Maybe the riven was just good? I mean I've beaten Garens before also just a while ago some poster posted his stats against a riven while using Garen and it was a pubstomp. Not saying you're bad but you can't base it on a single game.

Hell nah. I was testing his limits and his spin simply did no damage at early levels like it used to. He has to play much more conservatively early now. Especially now that his silence is *forever* 1.5 seconds. With the longer silence, he was a much bigger threat. Now? You're basically getting one point in it and relying on the shield. He's weak now in the laning phase, much more than ever before. but yea...that's part of his change. He was quite strong after like...idunno. 20 minutes or so. then Riven was no longer a problem and he more resembled the Garen I'm used to playing with.

edit: and yea I had Skarner on my team and he was soloing a reasonably well itemized Riven. Ez. Rather disturbing.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently lux is also getting some buffs next pbe patch:

light binding:
mana cost : 50/60/70/80/90 > 50/55/60/65/70
dmg/snare vs 2nd target : 50% > 100%

it's a nice buff that actually makes a lot of sense now that i think about it (why would her kit penalize you for getting a sweet double bind?), and the lower mana cost is also very appreciated, but i still think she needs that bit extra waveclear to stay relevant compared to other mages

Saprol

qZ6gboI.png

Had some dude lock in Braum with a few seconds left after not saying anything about lane preferences. "i guess i'm mid? well we losing anyway"

Somebody ditches lobby and he ends up being the enemy support that we beat in the next game. Thanks dodger?
naga-song1.gif

Tizoc

I'm currently of the mindset that Garen should just farm safely in the early game, cinderhulk early will work well with his E to clear waves quickly, and if you're hugging tower it'd help your jungler to gank more easily.

zkylon

zkylewd
whelp this is kind of weird: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/battle-boss-blitzcrank-sends-skins-hiding

apparently a lot of normal skins are now gonna be legacy for some unknown reason. there's a sale to come along with it but still really weird that these skins will be unavailable anymore (or at least until there's another one of these things)

i don't see a common thread among the skin aside from them being sort of old and not having any custom animations/vfx/etc. like, imperial lux is not too fancy but it's not hideous, and skins like obsidian malphite are actually really cool looking

i'm personally not a fan of making things limited or unavailable or pricier based on rarity, exclusivity is lame and is only enjoyed by a few while making the game slightly worse for the majority of ppl

not a fan of this move at all

kenbo

apparently lux is also getting some buffs next pbe patch:

light binding:
mana cost : 50/60/70/80/90 > 50/55/60/65/70
dmg/snare vs 2nd target : 50% > 100%

it's a nice buff that actually makes a lot of sense now that i think about it (why would her kit penalize you for getting a sweet double bind?), and the lower mana cost is also very appreciated, but i still think she needs that bit extra waveclear to stay relevant compared to other mages
Prepare for the lux supports
whelp this is kind of weird: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/battle-boss-blitzcrank-sends-skins-hiding

apparently a lot of normal skins are now gonna be legacy for some unknown reason. there's a sale to come along with it but still really weird that these skins will be unavailable anymore (or at least until there's another one of these things)

i don't see a common thread among the skin aside from them being sort of old and not having any custom animations/vfx/etc. like, imperial lux is not too fancy but it's not hideous, and skins like obsidian malphite are actually really cool looking

i'm personally not a fan of making things limited or unavailable or pricier based on rarity, exclusivity is lame and is only enjoyed by a few while making the game slightly worse for the majority of ppl

not a fan of this move at all
I dunno, I think rare skins also have some good things to it. There's that special moment where you see a skin that you've never seen before and everybody in the game is like "Woah what skin is that cool skin bro"

So in a way a rare skin can bring the community together

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1925508628/42941535?tab=overview

Yea Garen is definitely softer early game now. Just kicked a Gnar's ass who was flashing his Ranked 5 symbol in lane like it was supposed to mean something. As predicted going going max E, then max W with one point in Q is how he must be played now without exception. And you will get your ass smacked if you try to all-in before like...idunno...6 or 7 unless you have a +1 or the enemy laner is a dipstick. It's workable, but he feels like your typical melee top laner. Weak early, better mid, and a fucking problem later.

And yea, confirmed Morde broke as fuck.

kenbo

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1925508628/42941535?tab=overview

Yea Garen is definitely softer early game now. Just kicked a Gnar's ass who was flashing his Ranked 5 symbol in lane like it was supposed to mean something. As predicted going going max E, then max W with one point in Q is how he must be played now without exception. And you will get your ass smacked if you try to all-in before like...idunno...6 or 7 unless you have a +1 or the enemy laner is a dipstick. It's workable, but he feels like your typical melee top laner. Weak early, better mid, and a fucking problem later.

If you want soembody special you should give Riven a try!

killatopak

Gold Member

I see you've been using the new tank items. What's your opinion on it for Garen?

I can't use it because we're still at 5.15 so I'll be really grateful if you can share your thoughts.

Tizoc

The only PROJECT skin I like is Master Yi. A shame I won't be able to show it off cuz he'd be banned in any match I wanna play :V

I see you've been using the new tank items. What's your opinion on it for Garen?

I can't use it because we're still at 5.15 so I'll be really grateful if you can share your thoughts.

They feel pretty good, really. It's just that it's hard to feel comfortable fighting without one of the two of them. In that Garen game I went with the AD item first because I wanted to at least do *some* damage. That felt good. By the time I had the cash to afford it, I had the levels to deal real damage with the spin and the HP boost is most welcome. Tank item felt okay but eh...not as the first major item completed. It makes Garen too weak offensively, imo. I'll get bits and pieces of it as needed and complete it after Gage and upgraded boots. Then into more damage if I can be greedy. More tank if necessary.

part of Gage --> boots --> Gage --> upgraded boots --> Plate --> whatever feels right. small sample size, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3htjkl/all_that_needs_to_be_said_about_the_lyte/

this sums up how i feel about it. i don't care one way or the other that i'm not getting my rewards due to a chat restriction i had earlier in the season. i just play the game to play the game.
I'm not sure if I 100% understand what's going on here, but is it that anyone who got chat or game banned for being toxic will not get any end of season rewards (borders, skins, blah blah)?

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm not sure if I 100% understand what's going on here, but is it that anyone who got chat or game banned for being toxic will not get any end of season rewards (borders, skins, blah blah)?

yes and no

not just for being toxic, but for any reason. ICU explained that are lots of diamond/masters players who get chat restricted who literally say nothing. people just report to report because they're assholes.

Yes pretty much.

We are still working on the details for the 2015 Season, but the current plan is that players who have been Chat Restricted, Ranked Restricted or Game Banned during the 2015 Season will not receive Season Rewards in Ranked. Players who have had Low Priority Queues won't be affected unless they have had 20 min Low Priority Queues. Emails and Player Support sites will be updated with this new info when we finalize the details.

Nekofrog

Banned
like i said, i'm not really for or against in any significant manner, but I do think that it's a really shitty thing to do at this point in the season (close to ending) when there was no precedent for it before.

kenbo

I still think its stupid and unfair to "work it out" right at the end of the season and apply it blindly to every single case

As Neko said, there's plenty of false positives and not just that, Riot themselves say that "chat restrictions are a warning"

jerd

like i said, i'm not really for or against in any significant manner, but I do think that it's a really shitty thing to do at this point in the season (close to ending) when there was no precedent for it before.

Toxic people (well, people who were punished) missed out on ranked rewards last season as well. IIRC it was banned people and ranked restricted people. It shouldn't come at such a huge surprise that there's something similar goods season.

Edit : even chat restricted people lost their rewards last season. So, this is like last year except last year they were a bit more lenient with "reform" etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle.../chat_restricted_players_will_not_get_end_of/

So this year we're getting a slightly stricter version of how it went last year.

Skux

Shit, now I can't remember if I was placed in the low-priority queue because of internet connection problems early in the season.

kenbo

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but that was posted in October, so much less notice last year
I'm saying that it's unfair to change your policies mid - end of season and apply them retrospectively.

Why not say "People who get punished from here on out on will have their rewards taken from them"

Why should Lyte care about just punishing people - this is about enforcing good behavior and notifying people at this moment that they will lose their rewards has just the same behavioral effect in the present as punishing everybody within the year. In fact, it would probably create a better atmosphere as people who have lost their rewards would just be more likely to troll since its already a certainty whilst they keep their rewards if they keep behaving well.

It just doesn't make any sense what Lyte is doing.

If this is really about creating better behavior it should be in BIG RED LETTERS when you check your ranked page. People should know exactly what the rules are when the season starts rather than notifying people at the end of the season and hope they see a pattern.

jerd

If only riot had told me at the beginning of the year i shouldn't wish cancer or suicide on people :/

Imo this is just the way it always should have been. Been a good boy or girl this year? Have a skin and border!

Leezard

I'm saying that it's unfair to change your policies mid - end of season and apply them retrospectively.

Why not say "People who get punished from here on out on will have their rewards taken from them"

Why should Lyte care about just punishing people - this is about enforcing good behavior and notifying people at this moment that they will lose their rewards has just the same behavioral effect in the present as punishing everybody within the year. In fact, it would probably create a better atmosphere as people who have lost their rewards would just be more likely to troll since its already a certainty whilst they keep their rewards if they keep behaving well.

It just doesn't make any sense what Lyte is doing.

If this is really about creating better behavior it should be in BIG RED LETTERS when you check your ranked page. People should know exactly what the rules are when the season starts rather than notifying people at the end of the season and hope they see a pattern.
They have not announced the specifics of how to get end of season rewards or what the end of season rewards are, so it's not about suddenly changing anything for this season, only against people's expectations on this season. They always announce the terms late into the season.

kenbo

They have not announced the specifics of how to get end of season rewards or what the end of season rewards are, so it's not about suddenly changing anything for this season, only against people's expectations on this season. They always announce the terms late into the season.

I'm saying that they shouldn't do that - announce the terms at the end of a season, since the whole point of ranked exists long before the end.

And surely if you want people to behave well, you'll give them more reason to do so.

As predicted. This poor lobby. Really don't get what Lyte is trying to do.

MaxiLive

I think it is perfectly fair to exclude toxic players for the end of season rewards. Hopefully they focus more on the repeat offends to at least allow the troll reports.

Riot should focus more towards the positive and friendly community as well as people who report positivity, that way hopefully people will attempt to at least remain friendly.

I haven't been playing much LoL recently but from the last 6 or so games I've played I've reported 3 people for abuse and 2 peeps for afking. I play with almost zero communication as well I just play my game and try to get along with everybody, I just witness the full on abusive rage of a 0/5/0 Riven player far too often :p

The last game I played was a good 30 minutes of 3-4 chat message pure a minute in all caps about how much every sucks and should go eat... your mum should... please die of... etc etc. I can easily ignore it but those people deserved to be reported and excluded from rewards. It is just disheartening when I see this in 1/3rd of the casual games I play :p

kenbo

Whats the difference in your future experiences between

"All people who were punished this year will lose their end of season rewards"

and

"Anybody who is punished from here on out will lose their end of season rewards"

-----

Either nothing, or the first will be worse due to angry players trolling.

All this shows is that the effect/point of the announcement is to punish, rather than create good behaviour because the latter definitely creates a more positive environment.

MORE IMPORTANTLY THAT KT V KOO GAME 2

Nekofrog

Banned
If only riot had told me at the beginning of the year i shouldn't wish cancer or suicide on people :/

Imo this is just the way it always should have been. Been a good boy or girl this year? Have a skin and border!

that's a disgusting simplification of the situation.

Riot should focus more towards the positive and friendly community as well as people who report positivity, that way hopefully people will attempt to at least remain friendly.

that's what the free mystery skin was all about.

kenbo

Yeah, I don't disagree that this is what it SHOULD be, I'm saying its really dumb to change your stance near the end of a season and apply it RETROSPECTIVELY

That's just ridiculous. Laws change all the time, but they don't go round up people who commited the act when it was legal and jail them.

Toxic people (well, people who were punished) missed out on ranked rewards last season as well. IIRC it was banned people and ranked restricted people. It shouldn't come at such a huge surprise that there's something similar goods season.

Edit : even chat restricted people lost their rewards last season. So, this is like last year except last year they were a bit more lenient with "reform" etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle.../chat_restricted_players_will_not_get_end_of/

So this year we're getting a slightly stricter version of how it went last year.
"CAN RANKED RESTRICTED PLAYERS GET SEASON REWARDS?
We’ve determined that season rewards should reward positive sportsmanship just as much as they reward great play, so the most negative players who are ranked or chat restricted at the end of the season will NOT be eligible to earn ranked end of the season rewards."

From restricted at the end of the season all the way to being restricted at any time in the season. Reaaaal fair and real good notice. This is NOT the same. Last year Lyte actually gave notice since it applied at the end of the season.

Nekofrog

Banned
off topic: has anyone noticed the huge volume swings on ogn lately? the music is SUPER loud and the commentary is low. i forget to turn my volume down after a game is over, and when they come back from break it's an ear shattering

DUN DUN

DUN
DUN

DUN
DUN

DUNDUN

Skux

lol DMP is so much better than Randuin's it isn't even funny. Entire teams are going to equip this item for the free MS and initiation.

jerd

Yeah, I don't disagree that this is what it SHOULD be, I'm saying its really dumb to change your stance near the end of a season and apply it RETROSPECTIVELY

That's just ridiculous. Laws change all the time, but they don't go round up people who commited the act when it was legal and jail them.

"CAN RANKED RESTRICTED PLAYERS GET SEASON REWARDS?
We’ve determined that season rewards should reward positive sportsmanship just as much as they reward great play, so the most negative players who are ranked or chat restricted at the end of the season will NOT be eligible to earn ranked end of the season rewards."

From restricted at the end of the season all the way to being restricted at any time in the season. Reaaaal fair and real good notice. This is NOT the same.

So many people are making false equivalencies like this. They aren't punishing people for anything that was ever ok for one, and two "throwing people in jail" isn't even remotely comparable to the situation.

This is like getting a speeding ticket in Feb so now my car insurance is more expensive in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom