• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So there's supposed to be some sort of special announcement on the 3rd of Nov. right?
Will we finally get to see Nu Poppy and Taric?
Come on Rito we've waited long enough.

Gonna have to wait a little longer. My sources close to Riot tell me that we're going to get a two week Teemo lore event where he ends up transforming into some sort of beast during the final act and gets a whole bunch of new abilities.

ChrisD

You know I wonder if Ignite/TP would actually work on Kindred. They're not Fizz levels of being able to hop over things without Flash, but it's still pretty reliable I think.

kenbo

So there's supposed to be some sort of special announcement on the 3rd of Nov. right?
Come on Rito we've waited long enough.

Nov 3rd hype

we know we will get draft team builder.... but will we see anything else?!

hints of a new game mode with a changed SR map are rumbling...

but I just want a new client..... with replays

You know I wonder if Ignite/TP would actually work on Kindred. They're not Fizz levels of being able to hop over things without Flash, but it's still pretty reliable I think.

why dont we run vayne with ignite/tp

IsayFever

I haven't played since like s3 tho? There's like jungler items and stuff now. I'm lost and confused in a world I no longer belong in

I haven't played since like s3 tho? There's like jungler items and stuff now. I'm lost and confused in a world I no longer belong in

you belong bind

I believe in you

i can guide you through this new world

plus in a few weeks preseason starts anyway so nobody will know what the fuck to do anyway

the day Overwatch keys went out I got an email from Blizzard

my hopes were immediately dashed however when it was an email about the Blizzcon virtual ticket

from then on Blizzcon was dead to me.

Because it creates new problems without solving the old ones. Turn TP into a consumable and now you have early monsters shitting all over the map while also having big lane kill pressure.

...and then they lose their lane because they decided to tp bot and can't get top fast enough.

Ashhong

So I guess my friend was telling me the truth

TSM:
Hauntzer
Rush
Bjerg
Dlift
Piccaboo/Adrian (I don't know which)

edit: fucking reddit, guess it's not confirmed yet

23qwerty

I also think Flash is a shining example of major oversight. Just friggin' have it built into every champion. There's no reason not to take it. Ever. Don't give people the illusion that you get to choose two Summoner Spells when it's actually one and even noobs know it.

I like this concept of a hecarim buff

Ashhong

What is the Graves RQFlash combo, with an auto attack buffer? Double just said on stream that Aphro taught it to him..I watched the video about buffering skills on the launcher but I thought it was with single target lock on abilities?

the Flash discussion assumes that Flash is unhealthy for the game when it's not. Flash creates good gameplay both offensively and defensively, offers meaningful in-the-moment choice and probably allows some champions' kits to exist (could you imagine playing the new Kog'Maw if Flash wasn't a thing you always had?)

But there are champions that don't use Flash, and giving everyone Flash or putting it on an item is, imo, pointless. I would imagine all summoner spells would have to be made weaker if everyone had flash and two more summoner spells, and if you just made it mandatory for everyone and you only got to choose one other then things that prefer Ghost or no movement summoner spell at all would be fucked.

Whenever this discussion comes up it always strikes me as people trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Flash is a cool spell. Its current implementation is perfect imo.

(again, not a designer. my opinion)

kenbo

What is the Graves RQFlash combo, with an auto attack buffer? Double just said on stream that Aphro taught it to him..I watched the video about buffering skills on the launcher but I thought it was with single target lock on abilities?

cast R - cancel backswing animation
Q - right click during windup of Q animation to input buffer the auto - Flash at them before Q animation completes

If Riot wanted to nix Flash they would've needed to do that 4 years ago. The whole game is designed around it and frankly the game is better for it. Flash existing brings nothing but cool things to the table and everyone having access to it evens the playing field.

kenbo

I played hearthstone after a 6 month hiatus yesterday

the new cards are ridiculous compared to the old ones

nice.

Nekofrog

Banned
why is it even a debate about flash

it's core because it's good and any change to it would be completely unhealthy for the game in either direction

ChrisD

Reading all the replies, having the option to choose is nice for the 1% who want other things. It's just that like the guy above me said, Flash is such a core part of this game. And that's completely fine, so it seemed to me that you may as well just build it in. But then that would remove the choice to play other things, so not only are you looking at "fixing" what's not even broken, there would be chooce removed from the game, so... I can't really add much else. It was a stupid thing I've never actually imagined in-game.

maybe they should lower the CD on flash a little so we can have more espn big plays
Nah, flash CD is fine as it is

Does Flash CD drop in URF? I didn't play then. That would be insanity.

I played hearthstone after a 6 month hiatus yesterday

the new cards are ridiculous compared to the old ones

nice.

Pokemon TCG went from my deck which by Turn 3 dealt 60 and had an ability to pull up an enemy about twice a game, to a mid-tier deck doing 120 on Turn 2 and the ability to pull up an enemy four times a game (and up to eight).

TCG Power Creep is legit.

Integrating it takes out the weird edge cases that don't use flash
It also turns the game into a mess because you no longer have to choose between having mobility, offensive and defensive spells. Now everyone can double down on stuff, like assassins having ignite exhaust and flash or mages having ghost barrier and flash or barrier ignite flash.

Making flash an imbued thing would only work if you only had one spell sot which makes removing flash pointless to begin with.

Nekofrog

Banned
if you change flash to be a natural "ability" for champions of some kind, you open up for a lot of messed up stuff with those champions who would LIKE to take ghost but flash is slightly better on.

ghost/flash/(tp, smite, ign, exh, whatever) on something like Yi/Olaf/Hec/whatever will make you hate your life. trust me.

the Flash discussion assumes that Flash is unhealthy for the game when it's not. Flash creates good gameplay both offensively and defensively, offers meaningful in-the-moment choice and probably allows some champions' kits to exist (could you imagine playing the new Kog'Maw if Flash wasn't a thing you always had?)

But there are champions that don't use Flash, and giving everyone Flash or putting it on an item is, imo, pointless. I would imagine all summoner spells would have to be made weaker if everyone had flash and two more summoner spells, and if you just made it mandatory for everyone and you only got to choose one other then things that prefer Ghost or no movement summoner spell at all would be fucked.

Whenever this discussion comes up it always strikes me as people trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Flash is a cool spell. Its current implementation is perfect imo.

(again, not a designer. my opinion)

Flash is unhealthy as fuck. Really, it should just be a button that everyone has. Even if a character doesn't use flash to augment their kit, they take it anyway. Even if a champion has a blink built in, they take flash anyways.

Man, flash is such a freaking problem that at this point it's baked into discussion of future champions on whether or not flash augments them too much or too little.

why is it even a debate about flash

it's core because it's good and any change to it would be completely unhealthy for the game in either direction

Unhealthy because flash is already an integral part of the game. They should just integrate it in like Recall.

Nekofrog

Banned
Flash is unhealthy as fuck. Really, it should just be a button that everyone has. Even if a character doesn't use flash to augment their kit, they take it anyway. Even if a champion has a blink built in, they take flash anyways.

Man, flash is such a freaking problem that at this point it's baked into discussion of future champions on whether or not flash augments them too much or too little.

Unhealthy because flash is already an integral part of the game. They should just integrate it in like Recall.

oh it's you

no sense in debating

ChrisD

It actually wasn't great in URF. Everyone ran TP/Revive until Riot disabled Revive. I think everyone went with TP/Barrier or TP/Exhaust instead?

Man I miss the stupidity of URF. :(

I miss Doom Bots too.

I often forget Revive existed. I'd probably do the same in an URF if it was still around. :p
Stupid modes are best modes.

drawkcaB

Why not throw out the concept of TP as a summoner spell version of DotA's TP scrolls and make it into something different altogether that still focuses on map mobility.

It's not really doable because it's attached to a champion now, but Tahm's ult active would have made for a pretty solid summoner spell.

IsayFever

Just a psa: Finding Nemo and Cars are child kryptonite. They cannot avert their gaze from these titles. Utilize this knowledge and prosper my brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom