• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Huge pbe patch as expected, moobeat called them files for "new champion select experience" whatever that means

Newt

I guess this new ranked team builder will significantly reduce toxicity.

The only people it won't effect are those who are willing to fill but troll for some other reason (like me). That's a really small percent of the toxic players though lol.

kenbo

New bounty system is pretty interesting

I think I like it conceptually but it needs to be tweaked

I feel the impact of early bounties is pretty dangerous since you can easily go 2-0 in laning and then die giving everyone free gold

And it might kerb lane aggression if the numbers are too high (which it may be)

The other thing is that it doesn't help reverse lane snowball since the people taking part in the kill are getting reduced gold now.

Ideally half the pot should go to the killers and the rest goes global.

Because honestly, if this was to reward resources dedicated to shutting down a big player, most of the team will have gotten involved in the kill. The whole global gold concept really only operates during early to mid game snowball control but in the present concept it doesn't do much to reverse lane snowballs except for punishing the rest of your lanes.

Also costigan you're a massive tease

GRz2QG8.gif

Luigi87

So many, many changes.

I'm getting excited. I feel the excitement.

Also Promo Helper.
Failure to win a promo lower than Gold 1, get back into the promo, have one win defaulted to you, meaning only one more win (or two if in Bronze 1 or Silver 1) to be promoted.

That client update is so sexy. The mobile chat app will be handy too I guess. Would be cool if you could buy things through it too so you don't miss sales if you for some reason are away from your computer or laptop for a while.

garath

as if League of Legends read my post, it decided to illustrate my point. I just got in lobby with a party of 4. I took Kindred as first pick and they didn't like it so every single one started trolling with their sole intent forcing me to dodge.

Please riot, do not do this to me in ranked. Grouping with premades is NOT FUN. Even the non-toxic ones turn on the outsider the instant things go wrong. Duo is more than enough.

Quonny

as if League of Legends read my post, it decided to illustrate my point. I just got in lobby with a party of 4. I took Kindred as first pick and they didn't like it so every single one started trolling with their sole intent forcing me to dodge.

Please riot, do not do this to me in ranked. Grouping with premades is NOT FUN. Even the non-toxic ones turn on the outsider the instant things go wrong. Duo is more than enough.

This situation will not happen with the new champion select system, just saying.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Everything looks real neat. Like the party system and other social features. New champ select seems way cleaner.

subtles

League's really out to punish me for being the only one of my friends here to play the game. :(

I'm really excited for the upcoming season nonetheless.

Quonny

Appreciate that. Maybe I'm being a dummy but I don't see anything in that link that will solve the issue of the solo player being placed with premades.

I don't really see how that's going to be an issue, to be honest. The way the new champion select system works makes it so you won't be bullied into a role you don't want.

I would imagine and hope that the new client is going to bring with it all new ways to report people for being assholes.

So maybe stuff like that will be mitigated.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would imagine and hope that the new client is going to bring with it all new ways to report people for being assholes.

So maybe stuff like that will be mitigated.
They already added that recently. I dunno. I don't think one person being in a group of four is really that big of a problem.

Quonny

Some of my most fun games are with premades of four, then they invite you because you're fun to play with.

Join in on their banter and have a good time.

jerd

Will be interesting how they handle mmr adjustment

i'd imagine for example being a silver/gold on a team with 4 bronze players who have received a huge mmr boost due to quad queuing wouldn't be super fun

Will be interesting how they handle mmr adjustment

i'd imagine for example being a silver on a team with 4 bronze players who have received a huge mmr boost due to quad queuing wouldn't be super fun

as is mentioned on the site, there's no more MMR boost for queueing together, so that situation won't happen. Those 4 bronze players will be matched with and against people of similar MMR like solo queue

That's fine as long as it's premade vs premade. If its random vs premade then count me out.

the system will do its utmost to match you with the same group composition as the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom