• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

stahp playing sona into janna

it doesn't work

it never works

janna's too passive a laner to poke down.
Oh it works. They will either get poked down or zoned for exp/gold if you can play it properly aggressive.
I'm a Morde main now
Numero uno. Which supports have you played with so far and what are your experience with them?
I don't remember, when does the season end? December? January?
End of November/start of December typically.

killatopak

Gold Member
BFt4iRY.jpg

Plat 3 babyyyy! Skipped another one.

Edit: I find it odd that whenever I say "good luck everyone" in champ select or at the start of the game, we win. When I don't, we lose. Coincidence? I think not! Rito give me a 2nd victorious skin for proper behavior.

Edit: Yeah, Leona is no good anymore at least for me. Went from 90% win rate in Gold 5- Gold 1 and plummeted to 60% in Plat 5. I need to find another supp.

Why is no one playing Soraka?

She is my number one call to champ when it comes to Supports now. You are like the anti-engage master.

Leona went all in on your adc, throw down your aoe silence and stop all that. You just have the perfect kit for stopping all ins.

killatopak

Gold Member
I dunno. I don't use her because the peeps here told me she was boring af. She is the most annoying support to ever grace the rift though. Holy shit it's super passive and I can't kill shit.

jerd

I think she's super fun. You can play really aggressive and just force TERRIBLE trades and as long as you both survive you won it because you'll both be back to full health in no time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why is no one playing Soraka?
One of the lowest threat supports in the game. In pure damage she's nearly at the bottom. Extremely boring and passively heal oriented to me. I don't really find her disengage or peel to be particularly notable either.

faridmon

Dammit, just lost a game where in the end, no one knew what ther were doing

The frustrating thing was that we all won our lanes. Me and the ADC were like 7-0 bot. MId was like 5-3 and top was doing good. We got 3 dragons to them's 0 and even got a Baron in the midst of all this (TWICE!!!) When it came to mid game, The team was all over the place. Kassadin mid was never in team fights when you wanted him to be. OUr tank Mundo was just chasing after adc with no real awareness to his surrounding and the adc can't seem to just fight continuously from behind. I was doing all the CC and all but there was no coherence.

Frustrating game!

and a ranked game to boot :/

#bronzezhell

jerd

Meddler said:
We'll almost certainly do a cripple style CC at some point, it's an effect we've though would be a good choice for a while, potentially for multiple different abilities. Hadn't considered it here, gut reaction's that it's an effect to build a spell around, rather than something to add as a secondary effect, given the importance of communicating well to the victim why they can use some of their spells, but not all of them. Will think on that though.

Much needed

Such a good mechanic to balance out all the mobility without completely fucking most champs like silence does

Numero uno. Which supports have you played with so far and what are your experience with them?

Leona which was great for pure engage and locking people down so I could murder them

Bard which was also great for the poke, extra sustain and mobility through Magical Journey.

Leona was hilarious because we both had Targon's and pushed Cait and Blitz to their turrets at level 1.

I think any melee, cc heavy support would be good. Blitz and Thresh hooks would probably be awesome.

I think he'd be bad with Nami or Janna or Sona.

I think she's super fun. You can play really aggressive and just force TERRIBLE trades and as long as you both survive you won it because you'll both be back to full health in no time.

Exactly. For soloq support play I think she's one of the best. If your ADC forces a bad engage, no problem, you can just heal their ass up.

I dunno. I don't use her because the peeps here told me she was boring af. She is the most annoying support to ever grace the rift though. Holy shit it's super passive and I can't kill shit.

Never had a boring game as her. Her W makes things interesting. Heal your adc at the cost of your own health.

she's boring and ugly, the two worst crimes a league of legends champion can commit

Come on! Your saying she looks worse than poppy or taric? At the very least she looks way better since her rework.

One of the lowest threat supports in the game. In pure damage she's nearly at the bottom. Extremely boring and passively heal oriented to me. I don't really find her disengage or peel to be particularly notable either.

I can't argue with the dmg. I was one of the first complaining that he dmg after the rework was pitiful at best. Heal orientated is the whole point of her kit. Imagine her e as a mini panth ult. Any champ with it centered on can get out of the way if they move fast enough, but stick it in the way of somewhere they need to go and they have to take it into account. It's all about the setup.

Leezard

Leona which was great for pure engage and locking people down so I could murder them

Bard which was also great for the poke, extra sustain and mobility through Magical Journey.

Leona was hilarious because we both had Targon's and pushed Cait and Blitz to their turrets at level 1.

I think any melee, cc heavy support would be good. Blitz and Thresh hooks would probably be awesome.

I think he'd be bad with Nami or Janna or Sona.

I see, I think Leona might be really good as well. I didn't like Thresh with him quite as much as I thought I would, even though I think it sounds perfect.

I've had good experience going Nami with Morde, in like 5+ games. Nami gives some much-needed ranged lane presence, poke, sustain and cc; like you described Bard but with stronger actual fighting capabilities. We pushed the enemies into their tower lvl 1 with Nami too, if Morde picks W you can just walk into their creep wave and push it into their tower really easily.

dimb

I can't argue with the dmg. I was one of the first complaining that he dmg after the rework was pitiful at best. Heal orientated is the whole point of her kit. Imagine her e as a mini panth ult. Any champ with it centered on can get out of the way if they move fast enough, but stick it in the way of somewhere they need to go and they have to take it into account. It's all about the setup.
I mean...I've played a decent amount of Soraka and understand her. Her role just feels too passive to me. One of the worst reworks Riot has done that goes directly against their stated goal. She stalls a lane and feels like she just negates trades. Even from a defensive standpoint it's rare for me to feel like I'm making plays on Soraka. Thwarting people doesn't have the same satisfaction that comes from other more active champions.

Bacon

No but the sona got pissed off when I suggested she get a sweeper instead of warding totem after she got sightstone.

killatopak

Gold Member
I noticed just now but there's a gifting option at the result screen? How come that's not on our server?! I could be swimming in cheap skins right now.

Rito you dun goofed.

patchday

help

trF501B.png

what buy ??

Heimerdinger or whatever his name gets the ban a lot at least at my level in draft. I know I ban him fast if I'm playing an Assassin. He's probably #1 on my ban list.

Yeah, I used to be ban Jinx til I realized the jinxy that ruined my day once was L30 while I was just a young tender L20. Now I love to see her if I'm playing Assassin.

Anyway!!! I miss Mystery Skins!! I want to buy some for myself but now that option is gone

zkylon

zkylewd
Much needed

Such a good mechanic to balance out all the mobility without completely fucking most champs like silence does
i guess, tho i wonder how that would work, like just disable mobility spells? i feel like making only one champion with that (as in, cripple being a type of cc u build a champion around) wouldn't really make mobility more counterable, it'd just be this one champion

I mean...I've played a decent amount of Soraka and understand her. Her role just feels too passive to me. One of the worst reworks Riot has done that goes directly against their stated goal. She stalls a lane and feels like she just negates trades. Even from a defensive standpoint it's rare for me to feel like I'm making plays on Soraka. Thwarting people doesn't have the same satisfaction that comes from other more active champions.
do u think she's worse than pre rework?

i find there are some like her passive mechanics that are kind of cool now, but she's so boring to play against and she doesn't really do anything when u play her either

winning by sustain alone is not really such a cool thing to support in this game i feel

Negaduck

I'm currently of the mindset that Garen should just farm safely in the early game, cinderhulk early will work well with his E to clear waves quickly, and if you're hugging tower it'd help your jungler to gank more easily.

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhh

If it's melee, when they go to last hit, auto, Q and then spin to bully them.

You are a lane bully early and have to show the opponent how the game is gonna be played.

Save ignite and wait for a jungle gank to get the kill (please for everyone, if your jungler is on their way, just farm like normal or play regular, if you can rotate your positioning away from the jungler so the opponent will naturally start to position closer to the gank, and only go in when the jungler is ready or in position).

Get the early advantage and just continue to push it. Farm a bit if they are ranged to get a quick defensive item then go ham.

I usually build black cleaver first if I'm at the advantage and then go sunfire or visage followed by last whisper (or if you really have the advantage just buy a full IE).

Garen is a bully and you have to show the enemy you don't scare. Garen never scares.

kenbo

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhh

If it's melee, when they go to last hit, auto, Q and then spin to bully them.

You are a lane bully early and have to show the opponent how the game is gonna be played.

Save ignite and wait for a jungle gank to get the kill (please for everyone, if your jungler is on their way, just farm like normal or play regular, if you can rotate your positioning away from the jungler so the opponent will naturally start to position closer to the gank, and only go in when the jungler is ready or in position).

Get the early advantage and just continue to push it. Farm a bit if they are ranged to get a quick defensive item then go ham.

I usually build black cleaver first if I'm at the advantage and then go sunfire or visage followed by last whisper (or if you really have the advantage just buy a full IE).

Garen is a bully and you have to show the enemy you don't scare. Garen never scares.

Have you played the new garen

Negaduck

I must admit I have not yet. Aside from numbers did he really change that much? I thought he got a buff if anything.

General gameplay shouldn't change too much but I'll play him this weekend and see if anything really changed.

drawkcaB

problem with sona is that she has very few satisfaction moments compared to her old self and compared to other supports

VERY slowly whittling down ppl with poke and outsustaining them and then giving a bunch of mild buffs isn't very exciting, and her ult is great but fairly easy to whiff

compared to like nami who's in her same category of support she's boring af

If someone finds her unsatisfactory compared to other supports, that I can buy, different playstyles, preferences.

But less satisfying than her old self, who had passive auras as opposed to ones that needs to maneuver around the playfield to max out her strengths and you can see providing tangible benefits? In what world is seeing a shield on an ally less satisfactory than an invisible defensive stat buff, or seeing them take off like a rocket for a few seconds after hugging them with the celerity aura as opposed to that old weak ass speed up?

(Soraka's rework missed the mark. Instead of her Q poke giving her back health to heal more, it should have been what enables the heal in the first place, or makes is stronger.)

dimb

do u think she's worse than pre rework?

i find there are some like her passive mechanics that are kind of cool now, but she's so boring to play against and she doesn't really do anything when u play her either

winning by sustain alone is not really such a cool thing to support in this game i feel
The updated version of Soraka is definitely worse for the game from the player's end and the opponent's end. Old Soraka just had more to her that was engaging. Shorter range Starfall encouraged a more active playstyle that would reward an extended engagement or careful attention to the spell's range. Her heal was less about the regained health and instead incentivized careful timing to provide resistances, which made it most beneficial while you were fighting instead of being safe and reliable after engagement subsided. I think the silence definitely improved as an interesting mechanic, but overall the updated Soraka encourages a playstyle that just shouldn't be in the game.

Nekofrog

Banned
i know it's not the most popular game mode here, but Soraka seems to be in nearly every ARAM I play. whether she's on my team or the enemy team, it's incredibly not fun to have her there.

patchday

Blitz mid
Zed and Skarmar bot

Explain me this

cKaCemF.png

What a shite team I was in

ezreal mid? could u not dodge that lobby. Other day I played with an Ez mid. He got beaten out of his lane

LoL really needs to get better at allowing gamers to compose strong team compositions. I do not want to play with an ez mid

dangyour whole team had a bad k/d. At least u were Support so thats the last person on the team that should probably have a high k/d. But the other guys dont have that excuse lol.
i almost died to Sona with my Vayne in my match earlier. Wanted to delete myself.

edit: oh good thats a normal match so its all good

Blizzard

Banned
Apparently Corki is indeed a joke character in the Blitzcrank poro game. Someone said you can't even pick him in the infinite mode.

Kenai

The updated version of Soraka is definitely worse for the game from the player's end and the opponent's end. Old Soraka just had more to her that was engaging. Shorter range Starfall encouraged a more active playstyle that would reward an extended engagement or careful attention to the spell's range. Her heal was less about the regained health and instead incentivized careful timing to provide resistances, which made it most beneficial while you were fighting instead of being safe and reliable after engagement subsided. I think the silence definitely improved as an interesting mechanic, but overall the updated Soraka encourages a playstyle that just shouldn't be in the game.

I dunno, I don't seem to remember her playstyle being just about staying safe. it was more about being a complete asshole to your opponent by "trading' with the no-mana damaging silence and spamming that low-cost resist shredding Starfall in the meantime (which also happened to be pretty good waveclear).

People stopped playing her as a support iirc because old Starfall messed with pushing the lane too much and messing with her ADC's farm, and her higher CDs/no CC made her even less of a laning presence vs all ins. She was basically a worse version of old Sona/current Nami bot lane and more frustrating than pre-nerf Lulu in solo lanes regarding the inability to kil her and denying opponents farm (and post nerf Lulu is still used a lot in solo lanes iirc). That's not even considering she had a global presence with Wish long before tele top became popular AND had a lot more AP to boost that + her other spells into the stratosphere since she wasn't on a support's income.

I'm not necessarily for her new rework vs another, but she was pretty damn obnoxious to lane against top and was even more boring than now bot.

faridmon

ezreal mid? could u not dodge that lobby. Other day I played with an Ez mid. He got beaten out of his lane

LoL really needs to get better at allowing gamers to compose strong team compositions. I do not want to play with an ez mid

dangyour whole team had a bad k/d. At least u were Support so thats the last person on the team that should probably have a high k/d. But the other guys dont have that excuse lol.
i almost died to Sona with my Vayne in my match earlier. Wanted to delete myself.

edit: oh good thats a normal match so its all good

I have played with quite few Ez mid and we have done alright. obviously I had to babysit him when playing Jungler, either that or our bot compensated for his deficiencies but There are worse situation to be in... and god I need to start dodging although I don't like those time penalties i get if I do one.

That game was bizarre. Zed was too passive tp do anything yet he got 2 kills out of us. Skarmar was just backing in and off and was never a threat, but once he got his ult, he just helped the jungler to get kills. and Mid.... My god. Ho the hell did that ez lose against a bloody Blitz.

Really bad game that was, which was the norm all day :/

i know it's not the most popular game mode here, but Soraka seems to be in nearly every ARAM I play. whether she's on my team or the enemy team, it's incredibly not fun to have her there.
Soraka in ARAM is absolute beast, love playing as her. the amount of CC and heal she distribute is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom