• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxiLive

that's what the free mystery skin was all about.

It's a start but it would be nice is there were periodic bonuses for friendly players and players who use the reporting system correctly. Such as mini IP boosts, a few extra rolls in ARAM, Special discount on select champs/skins for anyone with an friendly emblem.

Stupid stuff like that to at least make positive players feel more appreciated and to reinforce their good work. This would then hopefully over time rub off on other players to gradually make the community a nicer place to play.

On top of that keep punishing the trolls/foul mouthed players with their own matchmaking pool, restrictions etc.

kenbo

So many people are making false equivalencies like this. They aren't punishing people for anything that was ever ok for one, and two "throwing people in jail" isn't even remotely comparable to the situation.

This is like getting a speeding ticket in Feb so now my car insurance is more expensive in June.
And theres nothing wrong with the example. Punishments for laws cannot change and apply retrospectively. This is the same. Before this, the "law" was that if you're a bad cookie, you get restricted/banned etc. Another "law" - if you're a bad cookie at the end of the season you wont get your rewards.

Now, Riot changes the rules at the end of a season. "if you're a bad cookie you will get restricted/banned and you wont get your rewards this year", changing the punishment for being a bad cookie.

You're not allowed to change the punishment either.

Behaviour and ranked rewards are purely of riots design and nothing like premiums and bad driving which have mathematical relationships - I'm not saying that bad behaviour is ok so you keep misunderstanding me - I'm saying that the equivalence isn't created until they say so.

And if you say so at the end of the season, then all you're doing is surprising everybody since the current expectation is that 'restricted people at the end of the season will not get rewards'

There has been no communication that it was going to be anything else, and now they're going to act as if people know since the start of the year.

I repeat - I am OK with them removing rewards for player behaviour punishment (as long as people know that). I am NOT OK with them changing the rules, changing the relationship between behaviour and punishment and then applying it people 8 months prior to the change.

killatopak

Gold Member
Lost 3 times in a row. Sad thing was I was playing with my friends. They're a bit rusty and last time they've played was 3 months ago. They were lower elo than me and one of them hasn't even reached level 30 yet. It was kinda frustrating but fun. Fun because I was playing with friends but frustrating because I expected them to do things that they don't know or experienced yet. It's just normals but I am on tilt. I think I won't be playing for a while lest I carry my tilt to ranked.

MaxiLive

And if you say so at the end of the season, then all you're doing is surprising everybody since the current expectation is that 'restricted people at the end of the season will not get rewards'

There has been no communication that it was going to be anything else, and now they're going to act as if people know since the start of the year.

I repeat - I am OK with them removing rewards for player behaviour punishment (as long as people know that). I am NOT OK with them changing the rules, changing the relationship between behaviour and punishment and then applying it people 8 months prior to the change.

I'm sure there is some small print somewhere that mentions if players break the summoners code they they can be punished in any method Riot sees fit. This is them using their judgement even if it is the case that they actually go ahead with. At the moment it is just ideas coming from Riot and speculation from overly defensive players.

jerd

And theres nothing wrong with the example. Punishments for laws cannot change and apply retrospectively. This is the same. Before this, the "law" was that if you're a bad cookie, you get restricted/banned etc. Another "law" - if you're a bad cookie at the end of the season you wont get your rewards.

Now, Riot changes the rules at the end of a season. "if you're a bad cookie you will get restricted/banned and you wont get your rewards this year", changing the punishment for being a bad cookie.

You're not allowed to change the punishment either.

Behaviour and ranked rewards are purely of riots design and nothing like premiums and bad driving which have mathematical relationships - I'm not saying that bad behaviour is ok so you keep misunderstanding me - I'm saying that the equivalence isn't created until they say so.

I respect your opinion and understand your point of view but i think we're just going to have to agree to disagree here. It's very hard to be chat restricted and they've made it clear that in order to be punished for anything you have to have a consistent record of your offense. Lyte said "everyone has bad days etc etc" and they won't ban or punish people for a select few offenses. So imo if you're going to consistently act like an ass when it is made very clear that you shouldn't act like an ass then you don't really have the right to feel entitled to rewards.

Maybe that's misguided, maybe riot lied/was wrong and actually does punish singular instances of toxicity, and maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and feel completely different about it

patchday

ugh, going into a match with MF as mid (and we already got an adc). Would quit lobby but I'll get hit with 15 min penalty :(

Oh well at least I got top lane

edit: and we lost. These people at my level just not aware of the bonuses u get from drags and wards, team composition, etc...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just checking but wouldn't Iceborn be better still on Skarner?

I haven't tried it yet but I'd imagine it's pretty strong as well

If you're in one of the crystal zones you don't need the slow at all though, dude sticks to anybody like white on rice just from the move speed buff

killatopak

Gold Member
I should tattoo my arm saying "dodge if an udyr is locked in"...

Amlo80w.jpg

Decided to play ranked despite being on tilt. Turn out all five of us had max rank in our champions so when the game started my team was basically saying that if we lost someone must have been cheating on the other team. It really was GG at 10 mins. We were at the Nexus turrets at 15 mins and all the blame was on Udyr. He was getting caught 24/7 by Vayne in their red camp.

patchday

Support Karma ftw. she rarely fails me

Bought Arcade Riven cause the skin. what can I say Riot owns my wallet

* oh yeah, mid Talon accused my Support KArma for kill stealing when I got last hit on an enemy champ. I simply replied, "I don't care". That hushed him up. A kill is a kill in my mind.

mcz117chief

Good Lord those project skins, I will definitely have to buy Master Yi and Leona but I also have to buy Rem...I mean Academy Ahri. What is the consensus on the new project skins?

jerd

Support Karma ftw. she rarely fails me

Bought Arcade Riven cause the skin. what can I say Riot owns my wallet

* oh yeah, mid Talon accused my Support KArma for kill stealing when I got last hit on an enemy champ. I simply replied, "I don't care". That hushed him up. A kill is a kill in my mind.

I'm actually working on being more subtle with my kill stealing when i play support. There's an art to last hitting a champ in a hectic scrap with a 40 dmg janna auto

Is sona pretty bad right now?

Edit: actually just q'd for teambuilder and am against a nautilus. I have a feeling i'm about to get a pretty definitive answer to that question

Good Lord those project skins, I will definitely have to buy Master Yi and Leona but I also have to buy Rem...I mean Academy Ahri. What is the consensus on the new project skins?

probably the best designed set of skins in the game.

I do hope they offer them all in a pack for a discount when they launch.

Leezard

I'm actually working on being more subtle with my kill stealing when i play support. There's an art to last hitting a champ in a hectic scrap with a 40 dmg janna auto

Edit: actually just q'd for teambuilder and am against a nautilus. I have a feeling i'm about to get a pretty definitive answer to that question
For me, Sona exists as a counter pick to Janna.

killatopak

Gold Member
Arcade skin are probably the best designed ones IMO. The moment Riven gets a PROJECT skin tho... I'm a huge mecha fan and it'll probably tip me over if Riven was there.

Can anybody crop and resize this image for me? I tried asking on the OT community but it seems everyones asleep. I'd appreciate it. For avatar use. If possible can you please remove the white stuff on her hair, crotch and legs? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd do it myself but I have no image software other than paint and for some reason the recent versions of paint can't make a transparent image.

riven-profile.png

Arcade skin are probably the best designed ones IMO. The moment Riven gets a PROJECT skin tho... I'm a huge mecha fan and it'll probably tip me over if Riven was there.

Arcade skins are really unique and cool in that retro way. Very good attention to detail and clear care put into them. But the Project skins are in a class of their own, IMO. Everything about them is exceptional. They are the head of the class as far as skin families go.

mcz117chief

Whenever I pick Janna and get ANY tanky support with hooks (Blitz, Thresh, Naut) I always get obliterated, always. That is why I don't play her that much any more since most supports that are in meta are tanks so I stick to Naut, Rammus...and yet, I have pretty good experiences playing Lulu, Lux or Sona as support...hmmm.

mcz117chief

Can anybody crop and resize this image for me? I tried asking on the OT community but it seems everyones asleep. I'd appreciate it. For avatar use. If possible can you please remove the white stuff on her hair, crotch and legs? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

on it, give me a moment

killatopak

Gold Member
Arcade skins are really unique and cool in that retro way. Very good attention to detail and clear care put into them. But the Project skins are in a class of their own, IMO. Everything about them is exceptional. They are the head of the class as far as skin families go.

I know right? What really made me go for arcade skins was the SFX. Other than that, I find the project skins to be far superior. Plus weapon and armor descriptions definitely makes it better for me.

Whenever I pick Janna and get ANY tanky support with hooks (Blitz, Thresh, Naut) I always get obliterated, always. That is why I don't play her that much any more since most supports that are in meta are tanks so I stick to Naut, Rammus...and yet, I have pretty good experiences playing Lulu, Lux or Sona as support...hmmm.

Have you tried using Morgana against those hook type champions? She's my bane whenever I use Leona. Her and Sivir.

on it, give me a moment
Wow. Thank you so much.

patchday

oh yeah I just been slinging bolts. support is in a weird place. If support gets last hit they get called for ks. If support leaves the adc side they whine.

Support & Jungling is the two most humbling roles

I guess last hit on enemy champ gets higher net gold? I'm not clear

killer gets half, then the rest of assisters get the other half, so if only you and your support get a kill then you both get the same amount of gold. Bounty is given entirely to the killer.
What? No, that's not how it works. Killer gets an amount and whoever gets an assist gets half that amount split by the number of champions getting an assist not counting assist streaks

jerd

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1926200510/202336775?tab=overview

It went well but they were really not good. That's the main reason I don't like normals they're just not indicative at all of your actual performance. I didn't know what to build entirely and only went to FQC lage because singed was IMPOSSIBLE to peel

Overall I felt like she bullied well only because the enemy laners let me and her ult felt incredible as ever but other than her kit feels really lackluster late to say the least.

I had fun just because I was nailing flash ults so prob not something I'll pull out in ranked anytime soon

mcz117chief

What? No, that's not how it works. Killer gets an amount and whoever gets an assist gets half that amount split by the number of champions getting an assist not counting assist streaks

That is what I said. Let's say a champion is worth 200 gold and has 500 bounty on him. The killer gets 500 bounty + 100 and the rest of the gold from the original 200 pot is split between the people who did the assists. So if your support gets the kill and you were assisting him and there were no other people assisting and there was no bounty then you both get the same amount of gold.

When a champion is killed, the main killer gets a certain amount of gold, while 50% of that amount is divided up among everyone who got an assist on it.
That is from lol wiki

That is what I said
No it isn't
killer gets half, then the rest of assisters get the other half
Killer does not get half, he gets 2/3rds of the total gold amount.
Let's say a champion is worth 200 gold and has 500 bounty on him. The killer gets 500 bounty + 100 and the rest of the gold from the original 200 pot is split between the people who did the assists. So if your support gets the kill and you were assisting him and there were no other people assisting and there was no bounty then you both get the same amount of gold.

That is from lol wiki
Cmon, read the actual quote you posted. "The main killer gets a certain amount of gold while 50% of THAT AMOUNT is divided"
Also that's not how bounties work. If you have a 500 bounty on you you're worth 500 gold total, no +100 or +200 or whatever. So if you kill someone with a 500 gold bounty you get 500 and 250 gold is divided among the assisters.

mcz117chief

Killer does not get half, he gets 2/3rds of the total gold amount.

Cmon, read the actual quote you posted. "The main killer gets a certain amount of gold while 50% of THAT AMOUNT is divided"
Also that's not how bounties work. If you have a 500 bounty on you you're worth 500 gold total, no +100 or +200 or whatever. So if you kill someone with a 500 gold bounty you get 500 and 250 gold is divided among the assisters.

So what that means is that when somebody gets a kill with an assist you actually get more money overall then you would have gotten if you did the kill solo?

zkylon

zkylewd
Prepare for the lux supports
i play mid so it's somebody else's problem

I dunno, I think rare skins also have some good things to it. There's that special moment where you see a skin that you've never seen before and everybody in the game is like "Woah what skin is that cool skin bro"

So in a way a rare skin can bring the community together
i get what you mean, but i don't agree on this specific cases

like, that twitch skin for having a billion referrals, or event related skins like halloween or end-of-season rewards or whatever, that i can understand. they come with a fun event or as reward for something, so it makes sense

but artificially making skins more "valuable" just because you can is just awful to me. it's the same as tf2 items having a level, there's no point to it, it's just valve or riot doing stuff that messes up the economy and makes ppl unhappy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3htjkl/all_that_needs_to_be_said_about_the_lyte/

this sums up how i feel about it. i don't care one way or the other that i'm not getting my rewards due to a chat restriction i had earlier in the season. i just play the game to play the game.
when ppl say something like "Being nice isn't a requirement when playing League of Legends", i mean, it really isn't, but riot's not asking you to be nice, it's asking you not to be a dick

i think not being a dick should be a requirement for any game ever so as i see it, why does riot need to reward you if you're making the game worse for other ppl

If this is really about creating better behavior it should be in BIG RED LETTERS when you check your ranked page. People should know exactly what the rules are when the season starts rather than notifying people at the end of the season and hope they see a pattern.
this is a good point

drawkcaB

Sona is good. Aces vs. passive lanes like Janna and Soraka and capable vs. burst/kill supports like Blitz and Naut with good positioning, far from the lost cause everyone assumes it is. How many times does this woeful discussion need to pop up before people accept that?

I love the reddit meltdown over the rewards denial for assholes. So many people saying they're going to quit over this. Oh man, could you, please? That'd be fantastic.

zkylon

zkylewd
problem with sona is that she has very few satisfaction moments compared to her old self and compared to other supports

VERY slowly whittling down ppl with poke and outsustaining them and then giving a bunch of mild buffs isn't very exciting, and her ult is great but fairly easy to whiff

compared to like nami who's in her same category of support she's boring af

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom