• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
nah dont bother with spooky ghosts on blitz

it seems good but then u realize that u just slowed a malphite

get a fkn coin noobs

no

one of the best aspects of spooky ghosts is the scouting. it removes all need for face checking, the cooldown is low, and you get the catch potential.

you don't need to speed your entire team up to catch a team when you can just slow 2 people and pick them off

also the additional damage from spellthief on blitz makes his trades even stronger

no

one of the best aspects of spooky ghosts is the scouting. it removes all need for face checking, the cooldown is low, and you get the catch potential.

you don't need to speed your entire team up to catch a team when you can just slow 2 people and pick them off

also the additional damage from spellthief on blitz makes his trades even stronger
if blitz didnt build spooky ghosts before i dont think putting it on spellthiefs is gonna change that.

Nekofrog

Banned
Try it or shut up

You literally don't know what you're missing, it's one of the best isms he can build right now

He didn't build it before because it wasn't agp10 item

RwghtCT.jpg

Something is not right in the League of Legends...

zkylon

zkylewd
Give it a year and they'll nerf his Q and make him max E first again
it's just a confusing buff cos they're basically reducing his counterplay or at least that's the reason they nerfed his w speed in the first place

maybe there's something else to go along this, but i feel like the missile speed thing was pretty fair and made him a lot less obnoxious in lane and it's just weird to see rito go 180 on this since counterplay is one of those things they're super strict about

we'll see

i don't think buffing zed is bad, just confused why riot is buffing him this way

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, i'd say 90% of zed's issues as a champion come from how broken of a laning spell wq is

not many manaless champions have a spammable pass through long range nuke that also works as a zoning tool

nerfing that part of his kit and giving him more power elsewhere sounds fair to me

i'd like seeing him have a new passive for instance. imagine if his shadows dashed a short range and attacked the champion zed autos for reduced dmg. that'd be fun lol

Leezard

no

You're never gonna poke with blitz in lane. You're always going for a single trade and it might be an all in or you get them to half health and the next one is the all in. As such the spellthief line is very poor on blitz IMO.

Both of the other support items are much better fits on blitz since blitz is gonna have difficulties proccing the passive often. If he can't utilize the gold generating item effectively, why would moving spooky ghost onto the gold generating item change his buying habits?

zkylon

zkylewd
nah zed's pretty much the ad version of leblanc and lb's waaaaaaaaaaay more annoying than zed is.

you're right and waddya know rito nerfed leblanc's w speed :p

they also took out the silence which was a huge pain point about her laning

i don't agree with leblanc being more annoying than zed tho

zkylon

zkylewd
zed is manaless and has more range than her

he can also push and harass at the same time, that sort of stuff

he's more annoying to me, not saying lebonk's not annoying, but i actually like playing against her a lot more

zed would be more fun if his ult was more consistent about appearing behind you. like, entire ahri vs zed matchup si landing the charm on his ult and it's super annoying when he randomly appears at your side

at least with lb you just charm forward

Nekofrog

Banned
You're never gonna poke with blitz in lane. You're always going for a single trade and it might be an all in or you get them to half health and the next one is the all in. As such the spellthief line is very poor on blitz IMO.

Both of the other support items are much better fits on blitz since blitz is gonna have difficulties proccing the passive often. If he can't utilize the gold generating item effectively, why would moving spooky ghost onto the gold generating item change his buying habits?

shut up

try it

it turns an early trade from "maybe we'll kill them" to "we'll probably kill them".

you guys literally need to try it.

stop going on information that you held to be true last season and TRY IT

drawkcaB

The item that gives over 5000g worth of raw offensive stats before even taking into account the passive effect used to cost 2500g but will now cost 2800g.

I think it'll still be OP as fuck but what do I know.

(Dump the attack speed and readjust the base and scaling AD/AP values)

no you're not

if you have no interest in trying it, stop debating it

you're so stuck thinking inside the box it's hilarious
its just twin shadows on an item that doesn't benefit blitzcrank at all outside of maybe not facechecking 1 single bush

what u get from frost queen's claim

150% mana regen (meh)
10% cdr (nice)
50 ap (shit)
2 gp10 (shit)

spooky ghosts active

what u get from talisman

100% hp regen (meh)
100% mana regen (meh)
10% cdr (nice)
hp from minion deaths (meh)

best support active in the game

what u get from face of the mountain

450 hp (nice)
100% hp regen (meh)
10% cdr (nice)
2 gp10 (shit)

10% max health shield

plus in any case, why would it matter for you to facecheck

ur blitzcrank. u build almost full tank anyways and it's not like they can kill you unless they blow every spell they have (then u win the fight) or ur already like 10k down.

Leezard

That's a lot of effort, ghost.

But yeah, I just don't see how it would be better to buy FQC now than Twin Shadows before, as blitz can't really use the stats and poking pattern of the FQC line in lane. It's one expensive item for a single active just like twin shadows was an expensive item just for the active. It's pretty much the same in terms of gold and wasted stats.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
FQC active is pretty much broken. 40% 4 second slow with no decay. Cooldown is so low it can be pushed out almost every fight. I would still probably not buy it on Blitz though.
Just ban Blitzcrank and everyone wins
No...

ChrisD

I wouldn't use FQC on Blitz unless I bought it in one fell swoop while selling off whatever GP10 item was picked (which is to say, probably not often). Spellthief does seem pretty lackluster, even if it is an effective damage increase on your Pull/Punch combo.

But the ghosts are definitely the best active between the three supp items imo.

kenbo

it's just a confusing buff cos they're basically reducing his counterplay or at least that's the reason they nerfed his w speed in the first place

maybe there's something else to go along this, but i feel like the missile speed thing was pretty fair and made him a lot less obnoxious in lane and it's just weird to see rito go 180 on this since counterplay is one of those things they're super strict about

we'll see

i don't think buffing zed is bad, just confused why riot is buffing him this way

You've literally missed the point of it. its not a 180 at all, since they aren't even reverting him back to his pre 5.22 state.

they buffed his W range to compensate for slowing his WQ poke considerably

What they did: (no animation cancel - you must now wait until his W finishes to cast Q) which means that instead of his WQ poke taking 0.25s to execute, it now takes 0.4s to execute (time it takes for W to travel)

that is actually massive, and nothing compared to the leblanc W nerf

so to compensate, they increased the range of his W from 600 to 700... but with the same missle speed, it takes even longer to execute a WQ - 0.47s to be precise, which is a 17% speed nerf.... which is no compensation at all.

so they increase the missle speed so that his WQ still takes 0.4s to complete.

the end.

Newt

I wouldn't use FQC on Blitz unless I bought it in one fell swoop while selling off whatever GP10 item was picked (which is to say, probably not often). Spellthief does seem pretty lackluster, even if it is an effective damage increase on your Pull/Punch combo.

But the ghosts are definitely the best active between the three supp items imo.
No way. Shurelia's is probably always going to be the best active in the game.

Nekofrog

Banned
coin active is fine but you can get movement speed boosts from too many other items to justify taking it over fqc

you guys are going to see it soon, the pick potential and scouting of fqc is huge right now

midlaners are even taking it, it's dumb

Newt

coin active is fine but you can get movement speed boosts from too many other items to justify taking it over fqc

you guys are going to see it soon, the pick potential and scouting of fqc is huge right now

midlaners are even taking it, it's dumb
Yeah, but you don't take it on Blitz, lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
i'm telling you

it's the 100% best item for him right now if you're looking for

1. lane control
2. objective control
3. picks

look at it objectively

guaranteed 40% slow FOR FOUR SECONDS on two projectiles that WILL hit if there's anybody nearby and give vision

that is crazy insane for a blitzcrank to have.

just THINK about it for one second. it's the best gp10 item for him.

Ferga

Why can't we just say both items are viable on blitz. Depends on your playstyle and matchups.
A majority of blitz last season started with relic to win laning while I always started coin knowing that I would roam with mobis and coin active.

For this season, I would probably get frost queen for immobile enemy teams for easier hooks under tower. Coin for anything else.

zkylon

zkylewd
You've literally missed the point of it. its not a 180 at all, since they aren't even reverting him back to his pre 5.22 state.

they buffed his W range to compensate for slowing his WQ poke considerably

What they did: (no animation cancel - you must now wait until his W finishes to cast Q) which means that instead of his WQ poke taking 0.25s to execute, it now takes 0.4s to execute (time it takes for W to travel)

that is actually massive, and nothing compared to the leblanc W nerf

so to compensate, they increased the range of his W from 600 to 700... but with the same missle speed, it takes even longer to execute a WQ - 0.47s to be precise, which is a 17% speed nerf.... which is no compensation at all.

so they increase the missle speed so that his WQ still takes 0.4s to complete.

the end.

the range extension wasn't on surrender@20 when i posted that and i didn't do anything but point out that it sounded weird to me

calm down boko, you're being really annoying with these past few posts, you could've just said "hey the thing you're missing is X" and avoid going all soda on ppl

plus comparing to leblanc in general like that is not right cos while i was comparing similar cases in which mobility speed was nerfed to help counterplay, you're comparing lebonk's w nerf to all the zed's changes, in which case i'd have to argue that they also nerfed her silence, e width and ratios on her ult.

just chill dude, i just said it sounded weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom