• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3t7tm4/oriannas_q_range_was_reduced_on_patch_522/

ok ori was nerfed i don't care what the reasoning is i got a motive to complain now yay

you don't mess with ori, rito

you don't fucking mess with ori

Wtf

Haven't ghost and I taught you anything over the last page

Bicker until you rip each other's faces off

Then make face/off 2: the lewd chronicles
yea i just expect better from boko, specially when i'm not being bickerish myself

ugly af = no zky posts
i like her original design and the skin is ok, it's just that both splashes don't look great

she looks very much like an unlikable douchebag in both splashes

only reason why everyone liked ori was because of its fluffball protag

if u had nathan BIONIC ARM spencer as the hero everyone would have called it shite

zkylon

zkylewd
i like challenging games (vvvvvv), just not difficult ones (super meat boy)

specially when it's like twitch difficulty, that's something i'm really bad at

zkylon

zkylewd
brand is an ok matchup for ori since u can tank his passive with ur e and if he misses w you can zone him really hard since his kit doesn't really leave him anything else to do for a long while

i really think brand should be reworked, his kit is pretty bad

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
brand is an ok matchup for ori since u can tank his passive with ur e and if he misses w you can zone him really hard since his kit doesn't really leave him anything else to do for a long while

i really think brand should be reworked, his kit is pretty bad

what is so bad about his kit?

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like his kit has a lot of problems

passive dot is really frustrating to play against and is overpowered af. i'd probably remove this outright and replace it for something else. something like his spells do splash damage on targets hit or something could retain the burst of fire thing, but dots are annoying

passive combo system is fun in theory but in reality it makes him a sort of lux-like character in that there's a specific combo you need to land in the eqwr thing. qwe is often used for waveclear and in a teamfight he can do rwe or something he just has a few combos and that's it, there's not much room for creativity or experimentation because of how simple both his spells and his empowered effects are. i think the combo system also warps a lot of the balance of the numbers on his spells (insane dmg on empowered w, 2s stun on q), so that's also problematic

and then q and e are just boring spells. i'd like seeing something that scorches the earth or maybe sets something on fire that slowly spreads out or whatever. maybe a wall of fire that dmgs whoever goes thorugh it. i'm sure rito can come up with much better ideas than the two he's got

w is mostly ok. ult is sort of ok but it's way too fire and forget for my taste

i just think he's way too one-dimensional and really annoying to play against. he can win teamfights by just pressing rwe and he can poke you down just landing random w's because of the crazy base dmg and his passive.

ChrisD

oh u silly

btw to stop with the shitposting: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/december-sales-schedule

noteworthy on the list are arcade mf, dragon trainer lulu, eva malphite, pentakiru sona and reverse annie.

I'll be spending my first actual money in this game once these roll out. Dragon Trainer Lulu, and maybe Pentakill Sona.

And if they're really nice, the Christmas Lulu and Sona skins are auto-buys.

On the topic of Sona, Frost Queen's Claim + Rylai's + her E Power Chord = lol you're not running away.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I still think brand is the most balanced champ in the game. He has very little defense other than landing a 2 spell stun combo to escape, His ult isnt much different than other champs ult such as: Orianna ult, Zyra ult, Viktor ult, Annie ult, Azir ult, Rumble ult, Morg ult; in that they affect a lot people and even then Brands R does not provide CC. He is also very spell combo oriented that if he misses just one he can't really do much and needs a a lot of CDR items. Being slow and mana hungry doesn't help him either. He's just a pure offensive AP mage that works.

NOW Warwick on the other hand...
He needs a rework.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll be spending my first actual money in this game once these roll out. Dragon Trainer Lulu, and maybe Pentakill Sona.

And if they're really nice, the Christmas Lulu and Sona skins are auto-buys.

On the topic of Sona, Frost Queen's Claim + Rylai's + her E Power Chord = lol you're not running away.

winter wonder lulu is great, you should get it

I still think brand is the most balanced champ in the game. He has very little defense other than landing a 2 spell stun combo to escape, His ult isnt much different than other champs ult such as: Orianna ult, Zyra ult, Viktor ult, Annie ult, Azir ult, Rumble ult, Morg ult; in that they affect a lot people and even then Brands R does not provide CC. He is also very spell combo oriented that if he misses just one he can't really do much and needs a a lot of CDR items. Being slow and mana hungry doesn't help him either. He's just a pure offensive AP mage that works.
it's not the same because brand's ult is devastating and deals a lot more dmg than all of those champions' ults (maybe not morg's or rumble's, not sure) and it's also just a point and click fire and forget kind of thing. you can shoot it at a single target like a fool but his ultimate requires so very little skill compared to rumble/azir/ori that there's just no comparison

but like i said, his ult is kind of ok. it's more his passive, q and e that i think are super problematic. what do u think of those?

NOW Warwick on the other hand...
He needs a rework.
this is true but unrelated to brand

zkylon

zkylewd
from reading rito's preseason q&a, seems like they're trending towards "immobile mages" as the next class to rework like they did with adcs

apparently others they're looking into are assassins and tanks, and divers like irelia/aatrox later down the line

interesting that they want to work on mages, i feel there's some room to modernize a bunch of champions (like brand), so that could be cool.

probably not gonna be anytime soon tho

zkylon

zkylewd
i think most midlane mages could use some tweaks, there's a lot of overlapping champions that do kind of the same job and could just be improved a lot with very light kit modernizations/upgrades/rebalances.

also i feel like ap assassins are more like champion problems than class problems, basically katarina and akali are some of the worst champions in the game and need full reworks. diana is also problematic but i think could be fixed more easily. fizz, ekko, leblanc and ahri are ok imo.

So I've started getting back into the game after a few years on break and I haven't played 5v5 yet so I mostly stick to 3v3. Any who the game feels so weird now and there are so many new champions. Purchased Kindred with some IP I had and boy is she fun to play with.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I've started getting back into the game after a few years on break and I haven't played 5v5 yet so I mostly stick to 3v3. Any who the game feels so weird now and there are so many new champions. Purchased Kindred with some IP I had and boy is she fun to play with.

i like u already

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
"maybe nsfw" where the fuck do you work

What? Furry goat butt isn't allowed these days?

Idk her face without the mask is kinda disturbing combined with the ear things.

Leezard

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3t7tm4/oriannas_q_range_was_reduced_on_patch_522/

ok ori was nerfed i don't care what the reasoning is i got a motive to complain now yay

you don't mess with ori, rito

you don't fucking mess with ori

yea i just expect better from boko, specially when i'm not being bickerish myself

i like her original design and the skin is ok, it's just that both splashes don't look great

she looks very much like an unlikable douchebag in both splashes
So it turns out ori did not get nerfed.

xypherous on reddit said:
> Orianna's Comand Attack range was effectively reduced this patch, and I hope this is a bug.

It's not a bug. We updated the texture for the base range ring to be far more accurate than the previous one. It'll look like the ball range is smaller - but that's because the ring itself is bigger and more accurate. :p

This affects *every* base ring in the game - not just Orianna. If you're using the ring as your guide - you'll be off because the ring is larger - rather than her skill ability is smaller.

...Actually, now that I say that - that reminds me that I need to double check the list of skills which effectively cheat on their visual range and double-check to see that they're all updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom