• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
but ur a dude
tri-force-heroes-crosy5rli.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
nah i know, i just don't want a character that's just bait, i want a cool character that actively crossdresses in gameplay lol

needs to be fabulous

i'd also be cool with girl -> guy crossdressing

just nothing fucking boring like bridget or that streets of rage chick

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm still salty that they didn't go with the charm thing for his stun

i know it would be wrong for so many reasons but it would also be so damn right

zkylon

zkylewd
They still kinda could with rework.
i forget which rioter said it, but they pretty much confirmed they didn't think that was gonna work so great

i imagine they have some unique mechanic for him but you know

would've been so cool haha

hey folks.

as an early Christmas/holiday gift and to say thank you to you guys for supporting me before i got my job I'm gonna drop 1000 RP into your accounts. It won't expire so you can use it whenever you want. There's some Snowdown skins coming up and Dragon Trainer Trist, or you could put it towards Illaoi or whatever.

First 20 to PM me with your Summoner name and server gets 1K RP.

Dammit I missed it xc

Kenai

Riot costy is a scholar and a gentleman as always.

So I think riot has definitely accomplished their goal of faster, more action packed games. Granted gold is usually filled with kills anyways but I've noticed faster games and teams really trying to push their advantage more than usual. I am more than ok with this. Need to have the minion changes go through to hammer it home.

Yea, I know quite a few ppl have complained and there's a few champion nails to be hammered down (looking at you Tryn), but this seems par the course, and when the game works like it "should" it's quite fun.

That being said, some of the bugs I have ran into are pretty crazy. I couldn't be sure since there was also an enemy Sona (I'd have to load up my replay and am kinda lazy today) but I *think* I randomly ulted when it was on CD and it either went of or I got a super low CD out of it. My game kinda skipped around during that moment (for no reason) so I am not sure what happened.I know I heard the ult sounds during th game skipping and right after I looked at my ult timer and it said 26 seconds left til cd up.

And now I am making myself want to upload it to see what happened. Bbl.

Nekofrog

Banned
Frost butt is overdone
Night blade is edgy try hard
Infiltrate has blue and purple and gray and is great
Aviator is great
Lotus is ok

zkylon

zkylewd
only good one is butt

and it's not even that good

Yea, I know quite a few ppl have complained and there's a few champion nails to be hammered down (looking at you Tryn), but this seems par the course, and when the game works like it "should" it's quite fun.
i appreciate most of the changes.

like i'm cool with:
removing green wards
removing mana pots
rift herald
more snowballing and shorter games
anti-starving changes
turrets being easier to kill for non adcs
overall adc reworks
tp nerfs

it's just that it's been a really rocky start for the preseason compared to last year's which was for the most part enjoyable from the get go. other preseasons have been really bad as well (black cleaver/warmog stacking) but you know, people were saying graves and the crit mastery were broken on pbe already, so you kind of wish this could be avoided. i understand pbe is really bad for balance but still

i also really dislike how the gold efficiency stuff has made mid itemization feel. weaker or not, the build paths are a lot less smooth now that you have to save up a lot more money to get to full items and that's just a pain introduced to every single game that i wish they had cared for because having to save 1k+ for almost every mid combine just makes playing mid less fun. in some cases it's more if you don't buy that useless amp tome to round up the build path

Preseason is stupid but hella fun. There are plenty of stupid broken shit in the wild? Sure, but the pacing they're going for is certainly appreciated.

Also not sure how I feel about C9 with Hai on the sidelines.

Nekofrog

Banned
like if fnatic self destructs, what does europe even have?

fnatic and og were the only teams that even looked remotely good, every single other team was dogshit (sorry h2k you're dogshit).

like the difference between fnatic/og and the rest of the eu lcs was so drastic that it might as well have been fnatic/og vs challenger teams

let's not even discuss NA, all NA teams were challenger teams last season

Kenai

i appreciate most of the changes.

like i'm cool with:
removing green wards
removing mana pots
rift herald
more snowballing and shorter games
anti-starving changes
turrets being easier to kill for non adcs
overall adc reworks
tp nerfs

it's just that it's been a really rocky start for the preseason compared to last year's which was for the most part enjoyable from the get go. other preseasons have been really bad as well (black cleaver/warmog stacking) but you know, people were saying graves and the crit mastery were broken on pbe already, so you kind of wish this could be avoided. i understand pbe is really bad for balance but still

i also really dislike how the gold efficiency stuff has made mid itemization feel. weaker or not, the build paths are a lot less smooth now that you have to save up a lot more money to get to full items and that's just a pain introduced to every single game that i wish they had cared for because having to save 1k+ for almost every mid combine just makes playing mid less fun. in some cases it's more if you don't buy that useless amp tome to round up the build path

Yea this is all basically how I feel as well. The combination of Riot kind of dragging their feet on immediate fixes since it's preseason and the kind of "outdated" AP mage builds in the face of things like more prevalent lifesteal and GW nerfs mean that ironically what is/was probably the most popular spot is falling on "hard" times.

I have been legit shocked how easy it has been to get mid for me lately if I want it (and thankfully Ziggs plays almost the same as ever + the ability to siege well like he still can has gotten a lot rarer while maintaining some value). And when I get it? Most of the time it's vs a AD mid that can make use of the new items.

How much of this is just wanting to try out new stuff I may never know, but it feels weird when so many teams have little to no AP damage and don't really feel punished for doing so. If it's not a champ specific mechanic shredding through armor it's a stupid item combo like Ragelade + friends. And because of the aforementioned dragging, I can't really tell what is and isn't considered a problem by Riot that needs fixing outside of the incredibly obvious.

like if fnatic self destructs, what does europe even have?

fnatic and og were the only teams that even looked remotely good, every single other team was dogshit (sorry h2k you're dogshit).

like the difference between fnatic/og and the rest of the eu lcs was so drastic that it might as well have been fnatic/og vs challenger teams

let's not even discuss NA, all NA teams were challenger teams last season
Origen is still around and now they have PoE to back them up.

The rest of the european teams are donezo though. Gambit is dead, SK is dead, UOL is dead, EL is like a zombie at this point, if Huni Reignover and Yellowstar leave then Fnatic is also dead specially if Rekkles is actually going to play support now, H2K is shit, Giants is shit and a bunch of talent just left.

Nekofrog

Banned
on the flipside, NA actually has a few lineups that I'm very interested in seeing. i'm not saying they'll be good, but i'm interested in seeing how they do

i'm so hyped for GBM in NA. he pulled his shit together last season and did so well on a shit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom