• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Galio is like a "No Fun Allowed" champ right now. He just shrugs magic attack like nothing and can ruin the enemy team.
Yeah he's awesome! I like to play him as a support, strong shield and peeling. Got forced to play top with his after a Janna locked it and still did fine! :D

Also picked up the Volibear for in the jungle. He gets like 700+ movement speed with his Q, Dead Man's Plate, Righteous Glory and upgraded boots. No way an ADC can escape from that shit. :d

kenbo

Yeah he's awesome! I like to play him as a support, strong shield and peeling. Got forced to play top with his after a Janna locked it and still did fine! :D

Also picked up the Volibear for in the jungle. He gets like 700+ movement speed with his Q, Dead Man's Plate, Righteous Glory and upgraded boots. No way an ADC can escape from that shit. :d

until you get a facefull of graves

zkylon

zkylewd
no champion can be the Yorick of any lane other than Yorick

That champ is a special kind of awful design.
i wanted to say tryndamere not yorick but typed that for some reason and then stepped out of the subway and lost wifi connection so couldn't edit it lol

but yeah, as in, playing brand or malzahar because they can abuse a broken mastery isn't my idea of balance

not that they were balanced before either.

also fuck malzahar, he's head to head in worst midlane designs with akali

(these kits suck)
1. akali
2. malzahar
3. heimer
4. vladimir (i know he's mostly played top and he's more balanced midlane but he's still terrible)
5. katarina

with talon, ap ezreal and ryze as bonus tracks

everyone else is different levels of ok in my book

Does teemo E apply deathfire
nope, it's on damaging "abilities" which means you gotta use a cooldown to trigger it. since teemo e is just an permanent auto buff it doesn't trigger it (like i imagine azir soldiers or whatever)

i wanted to say tryndamere not yorick but typed that for some reason and then stepped out of the subway and lost wifi connection so couldn't edit it lol

but yeah, as in, playing brand or malzahar because they can abuse a broken mastery isn't my idea of balance

not that they were balanced before either.

also fuck malzahar, he's head to head in worst midlane designs with akali

(these kits suck)
1. akali
2. malzahar
3. heimer
4. vladimir (i know he's mostly played top and he's more balanced midlane but he's still terrible)
5. katarina

with talon, ap ezreal and ryze as bonus tracks

everyone else is different levels of ok in my book
I agree with your list for the most part, but why is akali number one on the list?

zkylon

zkylewd
I agree with your list for the most part, but why is akali number one on the list?
i just think everything about her is clunky and frustrating and outdated. she also lacks any sort of identity and is in general for me a sion level rework

i think all the champions on that list should be on rito's hitlist to make less frustrating, tho tbh kat hasn't been problematic for a while now and no one ever plays akali anyways

i forgot about kassadin, he probably also deserves a spot

I thought it only applied to stuff affected by rylai/spellvamp, so Cho E and Jax R will work.
it's a weird one

cho e applies it because cho e applies everything, with the idea that since he's melee "it's ok" or something like that. it's a legacy thing that rito wants to address someday

there's a really good post by meddler about the whole thing in the latest preseason q&a

AKA the list of I don't like playing against these champions as Ori

plus katarina
i think the few of those that really give ori trouble are the super pushers like malz and heimer and even then it's just up to you to cs under turret well. if you can cs alright you can just one shot waves with ori and it's just easy lane for her

ori is good into assassins and can bully kat and akali early, and vlad isn't much of a problem since by the time he gets waveclear ori should have even more

basically i think those champions are frustrating and boring to play against, even if some of those aren't overpowered or even strong right now

faridmon

Holy shit I think LoL might be changing too drastic in the next season.

Just played 3 games straight against teams with no Supps and lost 2 of them.

No supps meta in coming?

Also Maoukai seems to be terrible top these days especially against bruisers and Wukong.... man, Fuck Wukong such a cheap champ.

faridmon

He was pretty good at the end of last season. Now he can barely get through a jungle clear

As far as I know, most junglers have difficulty jungling especially the first 2 wave clears.
I have been playing Sejuani and I have easier time tackling champs than monsters.

kenbo

No supps meta in coming?

Also Maoukai seems to be terrible top these days especially against bruisers and Wukong.... man, Fuck Wukong such a cheap champ.

just play mundo

Mundo is pretty gross. they gave him bonus damage and a reset on his E and then gave him a free damage mastery

WHAT

JulianImp

I randomly decided to spectate a game that had executive Mundo in it, and boy it was awesome. Seeing him walk around with that old as hell cordless phone while throwing out briefcases at the cry of "Mundo vender!"/"Mundo archivar!" was downright hilarious (I'm still waiting for the JP voiceovers, though). Too bad I'm still pretty much against the idea of playing melee champions (other than Blitz, that is).

Now I'm looking at learning how to jungle for the sake of variety, so I often try new characters out in the role when they're in free rotation. So far I've liked Rek'Sai quite a bit with her tunnelling and two sets of abilities, Elise felt so-so and Yi was bad (but I bought him to have a cheap fallback option in case my normals team calls my other roles).

Also, what's the deal with the team builder taking so long to play a game? The two times I tried it I spent almost ten minutes to find a group, then five or so extra minutes to complete the team, and finally over ten more minutes on top of all that to find a game. While it eliminates most of the problems of playing normals (which mostly amount to people ignoring their teammates and locking on whatever, or ending up with no jungle or double top), it's a pain that it almost looks like I could almost play a whole normal game in the time it takes me to complete all the preparations for a team builder game.

Newt

No supps meta in coming?

Support benefited a lot from the masteries.

What elo are you playing from?

faridmon

Support benefited a lot from the masteries.

What elo are you playing from?

Silver

I played against Annie, Yasou and Lux on ''supporting'' role and none of them build a supp items.

Yesterday I played against a Jax who just destroyed us.

I think only sustain champs benefit heavy from the new masteries. I do no longer struggle against the likes of Thresh and Bitz as Sona and Nami.

kenbo

Silver

I played against Annie, Yasou and Lux on ''supporting'' role and none of them build a supp items.

I think only sustain champs benefit heavy from the new masteries. I do no longer struggle against the likes of Thresh and Bitz as Sona and Nami.

bond of strength or w/e it is is VERY Strong atm

so imo the tanky supports benefited pretty well too

I for one am looking forward to 20s cd Thunderlords on Sona.
AA+Q+empowered AA for the sweeet burst

Newt

Silver

Bond of stone is quite strong. A lot of stupid shit can happen in silver games (and above silver too, but not as often) that doesn't really represent the game.

Support is really strong right now.

jerd

As far as I know, most junglers have difficulty jungling especially the first 2 wave clears.
I have been playing Sejuani and I have easier time tackling champs than monsters.

This is only because riot put a terrible item as recommended start for damn near every jungler. Refillable potion is garbo rn and not enough to help junglers without good early sustain make it through alive. Start 3 red pots til refillable gets buffed unless you're playing like ww or xin

ChrisD

Would Thunderlord's Decree work on Sona, or should I stick with the Wind thing-y? Thunder would add some mean power in lane Harass, but the extra shields are really good all game.

Newt

Would Thunderlord's Decree work on Sona, or should I stick with the Wind thing-y? Thunder would add some mean power in lane Harass, but the extra shields are really good all game.
Windspeaker for sure. Not only gives better heals and shield, but also provides resistances.

jerd

6suV2Rd.jpg

Elderwood hec splash

Kenai

Silver

Well in our elo a lot of ppl ignore inc ganks even if you have wards up cause they don't bother to look at their minimap. That plus the tissue paper towers means a "supp" in full dmg masteries + a normal adc who bully you out of lane even once/twice can push the lane so fast they are free to wander around and gank whoever is busy ignoring the other lanes/objectives. Doesn't help that like zyk and I were discussing the game is super snowbally right now, stay out of lane too long and the lvl discrepancy is enormous.

Herd the sheep, set a pink ward at an important objective/chokepoint (I have had about a 50% chance of my pink wards lasting 15+ min at baron lately, sometimes all game, and I almost always wait until Baron spawn) ward objectives and common travel points when you can (as an example if you see someone wanting to push a lane try to set a ward or two there so if enemy starts to mass there they have time to back off), ping (not spam or they will ignore you) and communicate (not mad or again they ignore you).

I have had pretty good luck with supports that shut down those divers that rely on heavy ability use/autoattacking to stay alive. Lulu and Annie have point n click CC chains they can apply to ruin a Yi or Yasuo or Fizz or Riven or Tryn or even Tristana/Vayne dumb enough to dive who are used to being able to make a squishy explode uncontested, for example (again, common).

For the more brusier walls that don't move as much but are still a problem like Darius and Garen or vs tanky supports, Tahm, Nami,and Morgana can shut them down pretty hard (though the last two can get ruined by Yasuo and Braum which are pretty common picks, and Tahm is banned often, he's muh main).

Karma and Annie are solid lane bullies too if you wanna try to snowball yourself, and Soraka and Sona can stall pretty aggressive lanes (and ppl are dumb at our elo and like to try to vs our teammates and leave us standing there healing them a lot, is nice).

I don't know what else to suggest except keep trying. I am still stuck here too, was at promos for Gold right before season's end and tilted down to Silver 3 again lol.

Leezard

Thunder has too long cooldown to be of use for pokey supports in bot lane. Windspeaker is superior if you have shield /heal.

ChrisD

Windspeaker for sure. Not only gives better heals and shield, but also provides resistances.
It definitely works on Sona, but theres no denying how strong windspeaker can be since she has such low CD on her heal

About what I figured, but it was worth the ask. Some things I've passed up before were then talked about here and everyone is saying it's great, lol.

Thanks.

Elderwood hec splash

Echoing the above, this is so MtG.
But I love it.

Thunder has too long cooldown to be of use for pokey supports in bot lane. Windspeaker is superior if you have shield /heal.

It seems a bit high. I was just thinking of second-Q, wait, third-Q, Power Chord combo. Didn't even calculate how much it would do, but damage.

People who complain about playing roles that they hate in f#*@*%! Team Builder make me want to uninstall this game.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I hate those players more than....more than Yasuo mains...

Leezard

About what I figured, but it was worth the ask. Some things I've passed up before were then talked about here and everyone is saying it's great, lol.

Thanks.

Echoing the above, this is so MtG.
But I love it.

It seems a bit high. I was just thinking of second-Q, wait, third-Q, Power Chord combo. Didn't even calculate how much it would do, but damage.
Hm, maybe Sona does a proper trade seldom enough. It would only be for lane though, windspeaker is better for late game. My bets are still on windspeaker.

Here's a tip for increasing Sona's damage: instead of doing thirdQ, power chord combo , do auto, thirdQ, power chord combo. When you do your third Q you get an auto attack reset, so you get off power chord instantly anyway. It's just added damage.

Odoamne on eu exodus (from reddit /ask.Fm):
OdoamneLoL on Ask.FM

Author : Anonymous

Question :

That money difference is so hight no team on Europe can math those salaries? I mean Fnatic, Og or 5 fuckin 5 fuckin k?

Answer :

Ofc not. Why do you think EU players go to NA? For better environment or soloq or competition? NA just throws u a big sack of cash at your face to bait you to go there and enjoy 100 ping soloq and people who stream playing rammus mid cause their viewers asked him to

I am a Bot. Message /u/wlan222 for Questions or use /r/askfmbot for Testing

Nekofrog

Banned
protip:

if you're playing toplane as a tank vs another tank, take the bandit mastery

you'll be able to trade an auto with the enemy every 5 seconds and get 10 gold free.

if you even do this even 70% of the time, that's 84 gold a minute. if you can do it on CD, it's 120 extra gold a minute for no real risk in a tank vs tank lane.

Teka

Neo Member
Is it weird that I feel uncomfortable playing ADC even though I am gold 2?
Ever since 5.22 I also get more confused in what items should I buy

jerd

Nah most people play just 2 roles "well" 3 at the most

I'm personally terrible at all roles but one

If you're concerned about it just find one or two that you like and play teambuilder til you get comfy with them

Wait what? Do trinkets get auto bought on spawn in now?
If you leave spawn without buying a trinket the game automatically gives you the ward totem when you get out of base.

It's good that I no longer have to play it cool and hope no one notices when I forget my trinket anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom