• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
why not syndra

she keeps getting questionable quality skins, she needs her moment

tho she'd never win

make ur bets ppl

i think naut will win

You can only vote for nautilus, teemo or Diana.

Make the right choice today.
Vote Diana.

what the fuck

link me to the poll I wanna vote for teemo

it's such a weird selection tho. i get why they just allowed three champions, but why these?

Those 3 probably already had skins in development. Riot will come out and say something like 'oh hey here's these skins anyways I hope you guys are happy :)'

I've cranked up my flaming, cussing, etc during my games recently and I must admit that it's pretty relaxing going in without having fucks to give. Being an "ideal teammate" isn't worth the hassle anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
Those 3 probably already had skins in development. Riot will come out and say something like 'oh hey here's these skins anyways I hope you guys are happy :)'

i don't think that will happen

but also i think it's probably gonna be a lame skin

like diana with a red t shirt or something

let me cause suffering

you crave it too don't you

the pain of those who wish to despoil teemo

let me fulfill my duty as the forsaken one

i don't think that will happen

but also i think it's probably gonna be a lame skin

like diana with a red t shirt or something

red shirt diana could be pretty hot if done right

but it must be teemo

~~~~~

It is done

Teemo has been chosen

Pray hither to ye gods above you, damnation comes

Nekofrog

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvcC3WC7UMw

1:30 of what started out as thresh and I (malphite) trolling rex, and turned into thresh being a complete and total man. he had teemo levels of aggro.

edit: oh hey rex look at us
AeBN7K3.png

garath

I set a calendar reminder to log in on the 21st and buy blacksmith poppy. My wife is going to wonder why I have a calendar entry called "poppy".

Trickster

How can you see the price of skins for heroes you don't own?

I litterally own zero heroes, but would like to get an idea of what the prices for skins are

I litterally own zero heroes, but would like to get an idea of what the prices for skins are

You can see all the prices in the store and you can sort it in several ways. Easiest way is to just type in the name of the champ.

Trickster

You can see all the prices in the store and you can sort it in several ways. Easiest way is to just type in the name of the champ.

But from what I can tell the only thing I see when selecting skins for heroes I don't own, is the price of the hero, not skin.

Edit - Oh also, how on earth can I tell what the roles heroes are supposed to fill when the terminology in the LoL client is different in several areas from what I've ever heard mentioned on streams? The client doesnt show junglers, AD carry or AP carry?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Go to the store button with the treasure chest or whatever it is. Go to skins. Make sure the "Champion Owned" box on the left is unchecked.

Trickster

Go to the store button with the treasure chest or whatever it is. Go to skins. Make sure the "Champion Owned" box on the left is unchecked.

did that as one of the first things :p Here I can view the skins for the different heroes, but I can only see the price of the hero, not the skin itself.

garath

did that as one of the first things :p Here I can view the skins for the different heroes, but I can only see the price of the hero, not the skin itself.

Most of the skins are 975rp. Some of the older ones or less flashy ones are 760 or go as low as 420. Best to buy skins on sale though. They put a handful of skins for 25%-50% off twice a week.

The higher tier of skins can get way up there though. Some with new particle effects and such are usually 1350 with the legendary skins being 1800 and above.

Leezard

But from what I can tell the only thing I see when selecting skins for heroes I don't own, is the price of the hero, not skin.

Edit - Oh also, how on earth can I tell what the roles heroes are supposed to fill when the terminology in the LoL client is different in several areas from what I've ever heard mentioned on streams? The client doesnt show junglers, AD carry or AP carry?
AP carry shows as mage
Ad carry shows as marksman
Jungler is a bit more complicated, but typically some sort of fighter, bruiser or tank.

Leezard

Okay thanks. Am I wrong in assuming that those ad and ap carries are sorta the same as a carry in dota 2?
Ad carry is close to drow/sniper from dota. they are right click attack focused but often bring some damage or utility from their spells.

AP carry doesn't really exist in the same vein in dota since spells doesn't typically scale in dota. Ap carries do not typically bring a bulk of their damage from right click attacks, though there are exceptions. Instead they focus on buying ap for scaling damage on their spells.

Both of the classes want to deal a lot of damage and try to survive despite being something of a glass cannon in general.

Trickster

Are you sure you're on the store?

Like this...

Yes, and then when i click the skin to see the price, I get the hero price instead, with a big button saying "unlock champion"

Ad carry is close to drow/sniper from dota. they are right click attack focused but often bring some damage or utility from their spells.

AP carry doesn't really exist in the same vein in dota since spells doesn't typically scale in dota. Ap carries do not typically bring a bulk of their damage from right click attacks, though there are exceptions. Instead they focus on buying ap for scaling damage on their spells.

Both of the classes want to deal a lot of damage and try to survive despite being something of a glass cannon in general.

thx for clarifying

Quonny

Yes, and then when i click the skin to see the price, I get the hero price instead, with a big button saying "unlock champion"

Why are you clicking on the skin? Just look at the list. The price is right there. Just type "Mundo" and you see all the Mundo skins along with their prices, whether or not you own the champion.

Trickster

Why are you clicking on the skin? Just look at the list. The price is right there. Just type "Mundo" and you see all the Mundo skins along with their prices, whether or not you own the champion.

...Holy shit. I legitemately hadn't noticed until you said it lol

I only see riot point prices though, does this mean I can't buy skins with the IP ones?

zkylon

zkylewd
I've seen lots of Ahris going RoA with Lucidity boots lately. What's up with that?

roa is a really strong item right now and ahri takes advantage of all the stats since she gets into short range pretty often. super cost efficient item, catalyst is really good in lane, just all around really strong item

lucidity was a decent item on ahri if you weren't gonna go morellos before, and im guessing it still is now

Quonny

This is a sad realization :(

Well, if you're a good child Papa Riot will give you chests with skins and champions next year.

They're introducing a "loot" system where if you play with friends, do events, or don't get reported you get unlocks like champions, skins, boosts, etc.

garath

This is a sad realization :(

It's a necessary evil. Real money fuels the game. The game wouldn't exist without it. Skins are purely cosmetic so it's not like you can buy power.

A person can theoretically play completely free but it is pretty fun to buy some cool skins for your favorite champs here and there. I've also bought champs on sale with rp in the past. I don't regret it. I've been playing for years and it's still my favorite game. I play whenever I can.

RiotLyte said:
Have you ever thought about making an automatic loss forgive mechanic for games where someone DC's for most of the game/the entire game or never connected?

#LeagueOfLegends

We have a few changes we'd like to make to the Surrender System in 2016, including a mechanic that allows players to reset the game with no penalties (except for the player that DC'd) if a player fails to connect to the match. More details in 2016.
Holy shit fucking finally

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is there a current list of what is considered top tier for marksman in the bot lane at the moment? Played Lucian and he seemed fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom