• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

Being telegraphed is good. It gives the skill counterplay which lets Riot actually allow Darius to be good without making a lane nightmare.

I just saw some posts saying the ruined it or even made it useless and was curious if those people hated sion's Q or found that useless too as it has you stay stationary.

edit: after spending some more time in that menu i guess im being a bit unfair, it's not THAT bad since every agility guy seems to have either a bow or two daggers and every intelligence guy a staff and every strength guy is fat, but that's not super apparent from the little preview portraits in that menu so it's still pretty hard[/QUOTE]
Yeah I like playing dota when I get super on tilt in league.The practice mode it super nice in dota. And the custom mode are a lot of fun.

If only league had practice mode :^).

I just saw some posts saying the ruined it or even made it useless and was curious if those people hated sion's Q or found that useless too as it has you stay stationary.
I think they are kinda different. Sion's q is usually used after his e which slows the person and has longer range. Another thing is that soon can use his instantly if you want to, but it will do little to no damage. Darius is more short range and he does have a slow unless you use his pull. I find them different and I think sion's q fits on him better than on Darius.

Negaduck

I think they are kinda different. Sion's q is usually used after his e which slows the person and has longer range. Another thing is that soon can use his instantly if you want to, but it will do little to no damage. Darius is more short range and he does have a slow unless you use his pull. I find them different and I think sion's q fits on him better than on Darius.

You can already use sion's early and it doesnt knock up and does less damage.

Wouldn't at that point Darius have a better chance to hit if he pulls them directly next to him rather than a slow that doesn't place the opponent directly next to them and once cast is unable to adjust the angle or positioning?

He doesn't have a ranged slow but is W does slow also.

You can already use sion's early and it doesnt knock up and does less damage.

Wouldn't at that point Darius have a better chance to hit if he pulls them directly next to him rather than a slow that doesn't place the opponent directly next to them and once cast is unable to adjust the angle or positioning?

He doesn't have a ranged slow but is W does slow also.
I have only played Darius once and that was before the rework so I am I don't really know. I have played sion a bunch recently. Darius and sions combos and Darius and different.

Sions is you slow them with your e then start your w try to hit your q then pop you w shield.

Darius you pull them in auto them with you empower autos and they use your q.

It seems like they wanted Darius q to be a poke skill that you can dodge so that is doesn't make it impossible to dodge skills. They made his q a lot less mana and it heals on champ hits . Which continue to make it seem like it poke skill.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I like playing dota when I get super on tilt in league.The practice mode it super nice in dota. And the custom mode are a lot of fun.

If only league had practice mode :^).
yeah practice mode is something that league should have 100% if there's a new client, doto's is not perfect but it's tons better than nothing

also i like how their tutorials work, dunno if league's new tutorial is like this but i went into the lina tutorial and it went through the last hitting, leveling and item basics and it's pretty cool cos u get to play a real game against super easy bots but also you learn a bit of a simple build and skillpath which is useful for starting out

Negaduck

I have only played Darius once and that was before the rework so I am I don't really know. I have played sion a bunch recently. Darius and sions combos and Darius and different.

Sions is you slow them with your e then start your w try to hit your q then pop you w shield.

Darius you pull them in auto them with you empower autos and they use your q.

It seems like they wanted Darius q to be a poke skill that you can dodge so that is doesn't make it impossible to dodge skills. They made his q a lot less mana and it heals on champ hits . Which continue to make it seem like it poke skill.

Well my question wasn't really regarding how the combo is done, but with Darius, at the start of the combo the enemy ends up directly next to Darius and then goes for the delayed Q which Darius can also move and chase the enemy slowly to reposition the Q. (My question is in regards to people saying they've made darius's Q bad now).

Sion hits his slow either by using a minion missle or just hitting him directly, which does not pull the enemy any closer to sion's position, then you have to walk towards the opponent to close the gap, then cast his Q in the direction they are or think they will be in and if you guess wrong you miss and can't alter that choice once you make it.

I'm curious if the same individuals who feel Darius' Q is bad also feel sion's is. On paper sion's looks way worse than what Darius's telegraphed Q is.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Well my question wasn't really regarding how the combo is done, but with Darius, at the start of the combo the enemy ends up directly next to Darius and then goes for the delayed Q which Darius can also move and chase the enemy slowly to reposition the Q. (My question is in regards to people saying they've made darius's Q bad now).

Sion hits his slow either by using a minion missle or just hitting him directly, which does not pull the enemy any closer to sion's position, then you have to walk towards the opponent to close the gap, then cast his Q in the direction they are or think they will be in and if you guess wrong you miss and can't alter that choice once you make it.

I'm curious if the same individuals who feel Darius' Q is bad also feel sion's is. On paper sion's looks way worse than what Darius's telegraphed Q is.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Ok my bad I misunderstood what you meant. Yeah I think it is mostly just the Darius mains that are crying out and making a stink about it. I think if those ppl played sion before he was changed and then they changed him, they would have the same reaction.

I think it is just part of the league community where if a champ is reworked like Darius and fiora. All those champions mains usually don't want them to be changed so they cry about it and complain while the rest the people are completely fine with it.

ghost i tried fooling around in doto champion library or whatever looking for a fun one to play but i think i realize what my problem to get started with doto is

doto has like seriously the shittiest visual champion design ever like outside of like the 10 humanoid champions it's like, absolutely impossible to know what a champion does just by looking at them

there's some really cool features to like filter out the champions in the client but then it's just like literally trying them out one by one if you want to find one that's fun because you have no idea of how they'll play outside of very nebulous things like "this guy's a nuker", "this guy's a nuker and disabler" or whatever

i mean, you can say that's sort of true in league too because like, how do u know orianna's more supporty than ahri or whatever, but doto heroes are so weird that it's really difficult to tell if i'll like them or not.

being able to try them out is great tho, league should have that

edit: after spending some more time in that menu i guess im being a bit unfair, it's not THAT bad since every agility guy seems to have either a bow or two daggers and every intelligence guy a staff and every strength guy is fat, but that's not super apparent from the little preview portraits in that menu so it's still pretty hard
uh all the heroes have their primary attribute right next to their name. it's even color coded for convenience.

red is strength, green is agility and intelligence is blue.

kenbo

The delay on Darius' Q is a bit too high imo. It's so damn easy to play around and he's still as kiteable as ever so I think he shouldn't get healing from it, he should get movement speed....

Or maybe a successful ult kill should give him movement speed so he can get more pentakills

Negaduck

The delay on Darius' Q is a bit too high imo. It's so damn easy to play around and he's still as kiteable as ever so I think he shouldn't get healing from it, he should get movement speed....

Or maybe a successful ult kill should give him movement speed so he can get more pentakills

How do you feel about Sion's Q?

I personally don't feel that there is anything wrong with Darius' Q right now.

kenbo

Man I don't know where all the Darius Q = Sion Q comparisons come from because they stop at "being telegraphed"

Sion gets all the control in when he can release it with varying degrees of impact depending on charge time.

Darius has 1 gear. You hit or you don't, all with the same amount of charge time so he doesn't get the option to guarantee damage when Sion can.

If you could charge Darius Q to different stages (1. damage, 2. damage and bleed, 3. damage, bleed and heal) then maybe you'd have a point.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Dariu's Q is just a weird Rene Q.

totally but at least you can tell the range better.
Man I don't know where all the Darius Q = Sion Q comparisons come from because they stop at "being telegraphed"

Sion gets all the control in when he can release it with varying degrees of impact depending on charge time.

Darius has 1 gear. You hit or you don't, all with the same amount of charge time so he doesn't get the option to guarantee damage when Sion can.

If you could charge Darius Q to different stages (1. damage, 2. damage and bleed, 3. damage, bleed and heal) then maybe you'd have a point.

That would be more interesting as you could increase the duration and the damage.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Okay, someone explain this shit to me. This is a pattern that has been going on for quite a while.

When I play with a couple people (silver-gold) the first game pits us against a similarly skilled team, which most of the time it's lost because the people I play with are headless chickens. That's okay and expected.

The second game is invariably this kind of bullshit:

iU5m8UD.png

Every fucking time. This is not okay. What the fuck riot.

killatopak

Gold Member
Okay, someone explain this shit to me. This is a pattern that has been going on for quite a while.

When I play with a couple people (silver-gold) the first game pits us against a similarly skilled team, which most of the time it's lost because the people I play with are headless chickens. That's okay and expected.

The second game is invariably this kind of bullshit:

iU5m8UD.png

Every fucking time. This is not okay. What the fuck riot.

Normal MMR is different from Ranked MMR.

You could be challenger in ranked but have an mmr of a bronze in normal if you felt like it.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Normal MMR is different from Ranked MMR.

You could be challenger in ranked but have an mmr of a bronze in normal if you felt like it.

I know this. I don't mind the occassional potato game. Every second team game though?

I don't want to point fingers at anyone but I bet Costy tampered with my MMR

patchday

ok I see I'm much better a support role. my win rate is much higher in this role than any other. Just gotta master letting adc get last hit. Some of Karma's powers detonate a bit later (like R + Q) if enemy still standing in my circle.

Blizzard

Banned
Asking here as well in case anyone knows:

just rewatched the DL penta, zeke's proc got the penta. he didn't NOT crit to get the last three kills.
How long does it take for the charge to be lost? The wiki says:

All current charge is lost if you move further than 1000-units apart or hold onto 100 charge for longer than X seconds.
I don't know what that "X seconds" is.

zkylon

zkylewd
im just gonna try play lina in coop vs ai

from what i played in the lina tutorial she seems like a good enough transition hero from league to doto for me since she seems to play like an ap mid

kenbo

Primary Stat doesn't tell you a lot about what a hero's role is.

Dota has Hero tags though like 'carry', 'pusher', 'nuker', 'disable' that you can use to help you understand what they do

Primary stat only really tells you what's good for right clicking

kenbo

Tentative Skarner Hotfix
Meddler said:
Likely changes:
•Base AD to 57 (from 61)
•Base MS to 335 (from 345)
•W % to 10-14 (from 12-16)
•E damage to 40-140 and 25-65 (from 40-180 and 25-125)

That's for the hotfix we're aiming to put out early this week. Additional changes will follow if needed (buffs or nerfs, though I'd be very surprised if this overnerfed him) in the next regular patch (5.17).

i just want someone that's fun and also a pretty girl
Just stick to leeg then

Lina is gud, ez to understand and has a lot of pretty cosplay.

Luna is a pretty girl that's ez to play and could be fun
She's like Sivir if Sivir didn't have a spellshield and had a massive nuke instead

Windrunner is fun and pretty. She wears sandals though. Eurgh. She's a little like Varus. Waveclear + ganker. She has the fun version of Bard Q.

CM is pretty, but not fun. Like moving through molasses - Avoid. Nice cosplay.

QoP is fun and pretty if youre into succubi. She's like Kassadin.

Death Prophet is a pushing machine. fun if you like to splitpush. Attractive if you're into ghosts. (I kno I am)

Drow Ranger and Phantom Assassin. NOT FUN. pass. farm simulator

Mirana is pretty. Ganker type person. pick if you like ganking n stuff. Plus she rides a tiger.

Templar Assassin is pretty. Fun if you miss playing ADC in league. Pretty active playstyle

I think weaver is a female. Kinda fun. Not pretty. Looks a lot like Reksai.

Enchantress could be pretty. Shes fun if you miss playing SC2.

Legion Commander is pretty if you're into armoured women. Play her if you wish Leona could duel people to death.

Blizzard

Banned
x means variable which means it changes
Does it change with levels like a champion passive? I guess I should fire up and ARAM game and see if it's explained ingame. :p

im just gonna try play lina in coop vs ai

from what i played in the lina tutorial she seems like a good enough transition hero from league to doto for me since she seems to play like an ap mid
I only played DOTA2 if I get to play Lina. I just wander around the map, try (and fail) to figure out last hit timing, and rush the item that upgrades her ultimate. I then try to get gold to do other burst-improving items.

It's not a good strategy, but it's fun to be able to nuke even reasonably strong enemies, and if you're near a teammate they can sometimes finish the other team off after you hurt a carry. Her skills are a little bit similar to Brand's too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just stick to leeg then
i mean i'm not planning to switch but every now and then someone convinces me to install it and try a few games against bots and so i'm at that positiong right now

Lina is gud, ez to understand and has a lot of pretty cosplay.
yea she's def a candidate

Luna is a pretty girl that's ez to play and could be fun
She's like Sivir if Sivir didn't have a spellshield and had a massive nuke instead
i played her once but didn't like her, i don't want an adc

Windrunner is fun and pretty. She wears sandals though. Eurgh.
yea she's candidate 2, i like her laugh and she has skillshots and no passives which i like

CM is pretty, but not fun. Avoid. Nice cosplay.
who?

QoP is fun and pretty if youre into succubi. She's like Kassadin.
she's ugly so no

Death Prophet is a pushing machine. fun if you like to splitpush. Attractive if you're into ghosts. (I kno I am)
candidate number 3, she's probably my favorite cos i like her ult but ghost says she's a support and i want midlaner

also all the skins in doto are ugly i don't get how this game makes any money if they don't sell the champions either

kenbo

i mean i'm not planning to switch but every now and then someone convinces me to install it and try a few games against bots and so i'm at that positiong right now

yea she's def a candidate

i played her once but didn't like her, i don't want an adc

yea she's candidate 2, i like her laugh and she has skillshots and no passives which i like

who?

she's ugly so no

candidate number 3, she's probably my favorite cos i like her ult but ghost says she's a support and i want midlaner

also all the skins in doto are ugly i don't get how this game makes any money if they don't sell the champions either

CM = crystal maiden

Death Prophet isn't a support, shes a position 3 at worst. Usually a 2. (shes an off carry - usually mid or offlane with support). Ghost is bad.

Positions 4-5 are supports. 1 is the carry, 2 is the off-carry (mid/off laner) and 3 is the off laner/solo laner ('top laner')

How do they make money? Well compared to LoL and CSGO they probably don't really, other than charging 35-50USD for what is basically a legendary skin in Leeg. Plus they have more cosmetics to sell. CS GO's cosmetics are much better, hence the bigger gambling market.

zkylon

zkylewd
like it's not really a comment on the game, it can be super great and better than league and everything but the skins are seriously garbage. there's some cool stuff like the puppy skin and i saw a cool skin for one of the assassin ladies that had a lot of extra vfx but a lot of times i have trouble noticing what's changed from one skin to the next since it's like a slightly different bracer or skirt or breasplate or hairstyle or horn or whatever.

like, i guess doto makes money by being a super addicting game that gets ppl opening the steam client and getting advertising for the store but still, i feel like they're doing a big disservice to their players by having only (from what i saw) shitty skins

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel ori ult shouldn't be able to be canceled if you're killed after casting it

like, i don't think most ults work like that?

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, can't think of many examples, but something like syndra ult it's still cast even if you're killed and like things like ahri and sivir q do the full animation even if you're killed

i think lux also gets canceled

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
i feel ori ult shouldn't be able to be canceled if you're killed after casting it

like, i don't think most ults work like that?

I remember throwing my ult and dying and the ult never got thrown and it was on cooldown so yeah, i think it happens to a lot of champ.

kenbo

Lux's ult gets cancelled if she's killed during the cast but she doesn't have a delay after her cast - standard behaviour for all 'cast time' spells

Syndra's ult doesn't have a delay either, it just has a long animation

Ahri Q and Sivir Q are boomerangs so theres that.

Ori Ult is more like if you kill Cassio after she casts her Q

I think the issue is that Ori's ball is considered a part of her so no ball no ulterino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom