• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
New servers tomorrow and I have no idea what's going on in ranked anymore. Morde bot, Fiora beasting, Trundle supporting, Skarner terrorizing jungle.

Wat do.

Kenai

It gets tiring taking pics with so many people when you just want to relax and eat something. Also, some people can be major assholes especially when alcohol is involved. One guy at MSG had to get pulled aside by security for talking to because he was aggressively grabbing cosplayers by the waist asking for photos and stuff.

Remember, they're just fans who wanted to dress up and have some fun. Most aren't professionals by any means.

Definitely. I don't have to deal much with grabbing since I am a dude but it gets super tiring walking around in something awkward to walk in and not damage. Everything from stairs to non-double doors to using the rr suddenly gets much more annoying to do. And yes, pictures when you are tired or want to get to somewhere to eat or have an event/meeting or w/e. The really popular ones at Gencon can get chained pic for an hour or more.

Still worth it. Thanks for the pics, always nice to see.

Tizoc

Talks of Garen nerfs =

This patch suuuuucks.

Da fuck, just leave him as is, there's nothing to nerf, you can still kite his ass and now that his W no longer gives him tenacity you can cc him to high heaven and still waste his ass. Rito pls.

zkylon

zkylewd
Krob (death prophet, in wc3 her hero name was krobelus, a few heroes are still called by their old wc3 name. Clinks being one of them. His surname was the bone fletcher) is great, witchcraft is fun because more witch craft means more ghosts too. She's more of a siege and teamfight hero. You usually want to get a bloodstone with her because the mana regen is amazing and you can help stack it up from teamfights and kills.

Eul's is great (tornado) not only for yourself but you can set up combos with it with someone else and silence them as they land and wreak them.

Boots of travel too, pretty much TP boots. Push a lane with your waves, then port to another. Krob's ghosts also do crazy damage to towers and will prioritize the target you are auto attacking.

One note if you choose to get refresher orb (refreshes all CD's), if you ult twice you don't get a mosh pit, it resets the ghosts duration so you would want to wait till the ghosts come back and heal you and pop it again.

Good items on krob

Bloodstone
Eul's
Shiva's guard
Linken's sphere
Boots of travel
Necronomicon (gives int and str, summons two minions, one melee and one ranged, ranged has mana burn on hits and one does a ton of true damage to whoever kills it)

There are a couple more items of worth but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Max ult > wave of terror > witchcraft > silence > stats.

Stats at level 2 is actually decent with a handfull of heroes.
yeah i got bloodstone, zhonyas staff, the really annoying boots that you gotta spam for movement speed (maybe i'm missing something but i think this item is just shitty? like it's really useful but zero fun to use..) and got a wand upgraded to 5 that did a ton of dmg. i was building some drums that the tutorial taught me to build but quit midway cos it seemed supporty and i was just doing my own thing pushing lanes all the time. i also bought the flying courier cos no one seemed like they were buying it and i got a bunch of tps but wasted like half of them cos i didnt know how to properly use it lol

tp boots sound like a good idea cos i found myself constantly clearing waves which is something i like to do hehe

i mostly used the zhonyas tornado staff to set up ganks and to mess up legion commander that i think was pretty fed, i really like that item, it forces 2v1s or whatever which is really nice, i sort of wish that item existed in league, tho it'd be op af, specially since it's on such a short cd in doto

i also liked the burst wand cos it really helped me nuke ppl down. she doesn't have the burst from lina but i kind of played her that way anyways cos i'm bad at tihs game

i maxed ult then q then w then e and then stats cos i figured active spells were better than the passive, but now that u mention it it kind of makes sense to go for the silence last. i just find in general that like leveling up and ranking up a passive to be kind of boring lol, but i guess doto passive have such massive effects that it makes sense

It gets tiring taking pics with so many people when you just want to relax and eat something. Also, some people can be major assholes especially when alcohol is involved. One guy at MSG had to get pulled aside by security for talking to because he was aggressively grabbing cosplayers by the waist asking for photos and stuff.

Remember, they're just fans who wanted to dress up and have some fun. Most aren't professionals by any means.
yeah that makes sense, but it was more a comment on how i like happy face better than intense face that cosplayers tend to pull in like photoshoots and stuffs, not necessarily with pankaks

patchday

I must've lost too many matches over the weekend (like 7 straight) cause I just saw my first bot in Summoner's Rift! Luckily it was on enemy team but I still reported it. I always assumed bots stuck to Dominion PVP. been playing Karma support for 4 straight matches and won them all. Hopefully that will get me out of Bot land. I expect to see bots in all the other gametypes but not rift lol

will just stick to support for a bit and keep getting wins. Mid Talon is fairly easy to play as well but not as easy as Karma support which I can only recall 1 loss

edit: Oh btw I got a support response. if anyone recalls, I posted a pic of a match overrun with bots in ARAM. Riot said they will look into it. I rarely ever play aram tho

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah but the nuke isn't super useful compared to something like bkb or heart or vyse
yeah i mean, i don't really know what im doing so just figuring out the items and such, so just buy whatever gives me my highlighted stat and has a cool active. like, game suggests like that pushing wand as a core item but i figured that was too supporty for how i wanted to play and i really like the tornado wand so i went for that. then i got the heart thing cos it was in the suggested items and then i got that dfg wand cos it built out of an item i already had

the suggested items are weird cos it's like just three core items and then a bunch of situational ones and i basically just read the actives cos i dont know what any of the stats actually do

i know what bkb does but no idea what vyse is. also i dunno if i should be using the heart or not, i feel like most of the times i get one shot anyways so it's not like i have much time for using it

also sorry for talking about doto but haven't been playing league for like a week now cos life's hard and playing doto is like casual mode for me cos i don't really understand anything other than being fascinated at cool items i wish we had and dumb spells that i'm really glad we don't lol

zkylon

zkylewd
heart gives u a ton of hp and massive regen out of combat

makes u super tanky

vyse turns ur opponent into a sheep.
oh yea, i got that one with lina, it's cool. i kind of feel that and tornado wand might overlap a bit, like in function i mean, since i guess u cant use vyse on a zhonya'd hero

heart is like warmog then

it's still super weird to me that u buy so many resistances and like attack speed and ad with mages hehe

Negaduck

Phase boots. So you have to change the mindset from league. Items in dota are more about the utility. In addition to that, since there is no quick blue pill like in league or hots any damage you take in lane can be big. Phase boots give you a decent attack boost (for boots) as well as gives you the active speed boost which gives you the ms + you lose unit collision. Its good for krob because she already is fast can help you chase someone down and wave them because without towers they can't escape you. Any harass you can hit the opponent with means a lot more than league because sending the opponent back is great and the + damage from phase also makes last hitting easier.

A good rule in dota is to always have at least 1-2 tp scrolls on you. Since you can port to almost any structure it really enables counter ganks and help from homies when the enemy rolls deep.

Drums are actually not that bad either, the str it gives makes you more tanky + the aura and active make it a great item.

With krob, witchcraft makes the silence aoe larger which is great but making more ghosts + move speed is even better.

Also with tp scrolls or blink dagger if you just activate the move twice (tp scroll on 2 key, hit it twice and it will port you to the fountain for a quicker escape) and it will move you towards the fountain.

If you have any other dota questions feel free and I can do my best to answer.

Edit:

Oh yeah like ghost said heart is godlike. Utility is the name of the game over the stats that the character uses. Its not as general as that but kinda is. Heart or Shiva's or skadi are super late game "styling on you" items when you just become raid boss status.

Double edit:

Purge on YouTube does a great job of explaining the mindset and thinking of champs while he plays.

This is from a live one I think (haven't watched it) but he has played other games as prophet

https://youtu.be/HQruZQRk16M

Also 'dotacinema' on YouTube does a hero introduction of every hero if you are interested in any and want to see how they play.

https://youtu.be/u5CxiqSMxUk

If you are interested in pro dota, "joindota" is the channel.

Debating getting that pirate Garen skin.

patchday

Looks like lots of dota players in here so I have a question. I can't recall ever seeing any botters in dota 2. Are they not rampant there as well? I've only dabbled in dota's custom modes and tuts (never their rift).

Negaduck

Looks like lots of dota players in here so I have a question. I can't recall ever seeing any botters in dota 2. Are they not rampant there as well? I've only dabbled in dota's custom modes and tuts (never their rift).

I don't remember ever encountering bots in real matches personally.

Negaduck

One good thing I like about dota is that if someone leaves, after 5 minutes everyone else can leave the game without any penalties.

Morde ADC bot.

119e4bce09.png

to celebrate the new servers I'm playing again for the first time in weeks.

what have I missed?

Everything has changed.

I celebrated my favorite team's 3-0 by going 3-0 in ranked games last night.

Braum seems super strong right now. I also played Garen in ranked and got dunked on in lane (but didn't die) by a Sion, only to come back at 11 and be able to 1v1 him easy because he got a roam kill and became marked. Got tanky and unstoppable after that because he was all of the CC they had on their whole team.

I did a shitty job going Amumu jungle, but still carried late game because they forgot to have any tanks during draft and were a team with Teemo, Cait, Ahri, Riven, and Lulu (support) that melted if they got hit by my ult and anything from the rest of my team.

faridmon

I keep playing with drunks match after a match.

Last match I was playing with Sivir who just kept away from all team fights all the time and the one before I was playing a Fiddle who kept jungling just short distance of a gank.

What is going on?

Oh and the one before that we had Mordekaiser as an ADC...

Morde ADC bot.

OMG I was not the only one. Did we actually play the same match?

I keep playing with drunks match after a match.

Last match I was playing with Sivir who just kept away from all team fights all the time...

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Sivir's build is better than what I'd expect from Bronze 3. Meanwhile you've bought Ruby Stone, Athenes, a Blasting Wand and Neg Cloak before boots?

Thresh on the enemy itemised a lot better than you with a worse ADC (CS, KDA, Gold).
Oh and the one before that we had Mordekaiser as an ADC...
Arguably a legit strategy now.

Negaduck

OMG I was not the only one. Did we actually play the same match?

Probably not. He's been designed to work bottom now with his new skills. His W has a passive that gives him full creep XP when in a duo lane. The ghost of dragon is pretty sweet.

Edit:

I've played it and I didn't do too bad one game. Its different but still very much doable. I'm just not sure if you go glass cannon or still ap tankish.

faridmon

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Sivir's build is better than what I'd expect from Bronze 3. Meanwhile you've bought Ruby Stone, Athenes, a Blasting Wand and Neg Cloak before boots?

Thresh on the enemy itemised a lot better than you with a worse ADC (CS, KDA, Gold).

I don't buy boots at all, actually. I don't need the magic penetration (because of my runes), and my positional and map awareness is good enough to actually need some speed, to compensate If I die, I die because I mainly sacrifice myself, or that I am bad that match..

If I am trying to escape I use that supporting item for escape

faridmon

I

No, Morde bot is a thing right now. It's not clear how good it is, but it seems quite all right.

Probably not. He's been designed to work bottom now with his new skills. His W has a passive that gives him full creep XP when in a duo lane. The ghost of dragon is pretty sweet.

Edit:

I've played it and I didn't do too bad one game. Its different but still very much doable. I'm just not sure if you go glass cannon or still ap tankish.

Wow, didn't know that its a thing. To be fair he was pretty good against a pressurising adc and a supp. Too bad I messed that one.

I don't buy boots at all, actually

This couldn't possibly be any worse when playing Morg. You want boots (Swift/Mobis) so you can E > Talisman > R - you cannot do this without boots.
I don't need the magic penetration (because of my runes), and my positional and map awareness is good enough to actually need some speed.
See above. I'm not saying buy Sorc Boots.
See Thresh's items though. His money has gone into disengage/engage (Talisman), engage (Righteous Glory), Armour, health, Boots of mobility. He's significantly more use to his team than you are to yours because he's bought properly.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you're going to moan about others at least get yourself on track with basic items.

Leezard

I don't buy boots at all, actually. I don't need the magic penetration (because of my runes), and my positional and map awareness is good enough to actually need some speed, to compensate If I die, I die because I mainly sacrifice myself, or that I am bad that match..

You really should buy boots. Get mobility boots as support. It's much much better than paying 800 gold to upgrade your sightstone to ruby sightstone. Like, an order of magnitude better.

Just did a ping test for the supposed new server IPs, down to 27 or so from 79. Exactly as advertised. Excellent. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

Also, the Darius buffs on PBE look pretty hefty. He should see some play if those ever hit live in their current form. The Q buff is ridiculous, and the W change should make CSing with him a breeze.

Boots are very important in every facet of the game. Think of it this way: you get to lane significantly faster to get more gold/xp, you get to roam around the map more to participate in more fights, when initiating you need the movespeed to catch your opponents, when your opponents are initiating you need them to kite back/disengage. You might think you are fine without them, but they really have a lot of hidden benefits even if you think your map awareness is good enough.

I value 3rd dragon highly due to the increase in speed and there is a good reason why the utility tree ends in movement speed.

Supports should almost always build for CDR, move speed, and tankiness/auras. The whole reason they role is called a support is because you are enhancing the rest of your team through the utility of your abilities and items. If you are running out of mana on Morg I suggest investing in a Glacial Shroud early rather than getting mana regen.

Negaduck

Garen

Base Movement speed lowered to 340 from 345**

Decisive Strike (Q) movement speed lowered to 30% from 35%

This patch sucks. Now get kited even more!

Oh well, I'll still show everyone who the real king of the brush is.

there's a reason supports are generally the only champs to build mobility boots (aka the boots that make you go fastest)

Newt

The only time I don't have boots is when I get full build, and we're turtled up in our base on a really long game getting pushed around like chumps. In a last ditch effort, I've sold my boots because I'm not really going anywhere and pick up a big item in its place to pray when a team fight busts out I can be in the back with my mage and burst some crazy damage. It's worked well the few times I've done it. But those are rare occasions. And I would neeeeeevvvvveeeer go a game without boots for the majority of.

Nekofrog

Banned
panda and i did the morde bot lane thing twice yesterday. won one, lost one, but even in the one we lost we decimated our botlane and morde did the most damage in the entire game by a country MILE.

This is the exact reason I don't buy wards. Don't listen to Newt. Keep doing you.

Va8nevm.png

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom