• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Gold Member
So I've played with a few Riven's today.

Sometimes I regret maining her purely because of her reputation. I mean these Rivens that I've played with are mechanically sound but has a decision making of Lloyd Christmas.

Riven supp, Riven jungle. wtf. It's ok to use her in those roles but at least perform your role's duties. Gank and buy wards dammit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lux's ult gets cancelled if she's killed during the cast but she doesn't have a delay after her cast - standard behaviour for all 'cast time' spells

Syndra's ult doesn't have a delay either, it just has a long animation

Ahri Q and Sivir Q are boomerangs so theres that.

Ori Ult is more like if you kill Cassio after she casts her Q

I think the issue is that Ori's ball is considered a part of her so no ball no ulterino
i'm confused

what's the difference between lux ult and ori ult

don't they both have a cast time?

i just think it's kind of lame cos you see the animation and it doesn't do anything and it feels weird because ori's ball's definitely not a part of ori

like you command it to shockwave, it's not like lux that dies mid animation, you visually see the shockwave and it just doesn't deal the dmg and cc

killatopak

Gold Member
hmm +15 lp gains. Looks like no more skipping for me.

I got some cosplay pics but they're kinda blurry because of my shitty phone.

So I've played with a few Riven's today.

Sometimes I regret maining her purely because of her reputation. I mean these Rivens that I've played with are mechanically sound but has a decision making of Lloyd Christmas.

Riven supp, Riven jungle. wtf. It's ok to use her in those roles but at least perform your role's duties. Gank and buy wards dammit.
riven support is useful only to kill things

honestly i would literally just build the 250 ward totem and then ask ur jungler for sweeps instead.

kenbo

i'm confused

what's the difference between lux ult and ori ult

don't they both have a cast time?

i just think it's kind of lame cos you see the animation and it doesn't do anything and it feels weird because ori's ball's definitely not a part of ori

like you command it to shockwave, it's not like lux that dies mid animation, you visually see the shockwave and it just doesn't deal the dmg and cc

lux ult: 0.5s cast time during which the red line appears and fires lazer

ori ult: 0.25s standard cast time during which her ult appears and goes off after a 0.5s spell delay.

All spells cancel if you die during cast time.
Ori is weird in that she has her standard cast time and then the spell delay its kinda like Cassio who has 0.25s to cast her Q and then theres the spell delay as it appears on the ground

as for why it doesn't deal damage idk lol.
I think its because the game checks where the ball is in order to deal the dmgs and if ori is dead her ball is gone

killatopak

Gold Member
I remember the last time I played dota the courier didn't have any limit and you could buy as many as you want. Naturally Death Prophet and a few others like sf bought those refillable bottles and sustained for long time in lane allowing them to build a major item even without leaving lane.

I imagine that's not the meta anymore.

killatopak

Gold Member
It still does? That's surprising. I thought for sure the use of the courier would be contested among other lanes.

If there's one thing I don't like in Dota is that it is too snow bally in solo q. Dying not only gives your opponent gold but also deprives you of it. I guess that's one of the reason I jumped to LoL. I want my hard earned gold to be of use haha.

kenbo

Denying is really just last hitting

Seriously, I ain't even kidding. League requires much higher mechanical skill outside specific heroes/champions. The difficulty in Dota lies in the huge amount of game knowledge required to be proficient.

killatopak

Gold Member
Excuse my pics. I have a shitty phone camera and I'm a shitty photographer. I didn't take too much pics because I was too busy with the event. Too much raffles and stuff happening. There was even a buy 500 RP (the price of a legendary skin in our region) and get one free legendary skin of your choice. Some 20,000 RP raffles and such was too tempting to miss. I didn't win though. :(

YbYp75u.jpg

killatopak

Gold Member
Couldn't find a Swain. :(

There's so much awesome stuff there though. I really liked the Galaxy Rumble and Warlord Shen but I couldn't take their pics because it was too crowded.

killatopak

Gold Member
It's a yearly event that celebrates League being in our country and it also coincides with the Finals of PGS or Pro Gaming Series which is the equivalent of LCS in the US. The LoL Collegiate which is the LCS for colleges is also done here. There was a even a short message from Phreak where he was supposed to come but his duties as the shout caster for the LCS finals coincided with the event so he was kinda sorry.

Kalentan

I'm fucking done, I'm done. I went on a six win streak and then win my first 2 games in my series to gold. Then I lose the next just barely, the next game our mid just fed the entire team and now in the game I had a chance to win? Time warner cable decides to fuck me over and the entire area loses Internet. I give up, clearly there is some divine being or some shit that fucking hates me and gold dream is dead.

zkylon

zkylewd
well played my first solo game of doto with death prophet since she looks cool and i found her fun in the past (tho i was always playing with friends who did their own thing or whatever)

we were 4v5 for like 10 minutes and then sniper guy came back and we were 5v5 until 3 of them ragequit some ways in.

i 1v1'd a xerath looking guy in lane and kept doing like baiting people with the zhonyas tornado staff and unleashing the ghosts and i ended up killing a lot of ppl lol. i think i carried but not sure lol, at one point one guy on the enemy team just fiora ulted me 100 to 0 me so i guess not so much

i got a shitty necklace for lina so maybe i'll try her next lol

lux ult: 0.5s cast time during which the red line appears and fires lazer

ori ult: 0.25s standard cast time during which her ult appears and goes off after a 0.5s spell delay.

All spells cancel if you die during cast time.
Ori is weird in that she has her standard cast time and then the spell delay its kinda like Cassio who has 0.25s to cast her Q and then theres the spell delay as it appears on the ground

as for why it doesn't deal damage idk lol.
I think its because the game checks where the ball is in order to deal the dmgs and if ori is dead her ball is gone
yea i dunno, i think it looks pretty dumb, you see the spell go off but it doesn't do anything, so i don't like it

Excuse my pics. I have a shitty phone camera and I'm a shitty photographer. I didn't take too much pics because I was too busy with the event. Too much raffles and stuff happening. There was even a buy 500 RP (the price of a legendary skin in our region) and get one free legendary skin of your choice. Some 20,000 RP raffles and such was too tempting to miss. I didn't win though. :(
that warring whatever nidalee is pretty cool

cosplayers should smile tho, gee

Raxious

75 game chat restriction and 35 game ranked restriction :| I was on a winning streak with ranked dammit. Don't even get to see the specific reason :s weird considering i've been getting honored by both my team and the enemy team the past few days.

I think I've reached a point in my games where I am no longer worried about Riven. I main toplane and I think all of us at one point have had that worry where you load up the match see the riven top and went "Well this game is going to be tough." Not anymore for me.

I was going over a bunch of old replays I had and noticed that in this whole season I have never lost to a Riven, when I have faced them in Top. This could be something to do with the champions I play, Malphite, Cho, Tryn, but these days I see a top land riven and thing freelo.

I am silver 2 right now, it could be just due to the sort of people I am playing against, I've just not been seeing good riven players.

Newt

75 game chat restriction and 35 game ranked restriction :| I was on a winning streak with ranked dammit. Don't even get to see the specific reason :s weird considering i've been getting honored by both my team and the enemy team the past few days.
You crossed the line.

killatopak

Gold Member
I think I've reached a point in my games where I am no longer worried about Riven. I main toplane and I think all of us at one point have had that worry where you load up the match see the riven top and went "Well this game is going to be tough." Not anymore for me.

I was going over a bunch of old replays I had and noticed that in this whole season I have never lost to a Riven, when I have faced them in Top. This could be something to do with the champions I play, Malphite, Cho, Tryn, but these days I see a top land riven and thing freelo.

I am silver 2 right now, it could be just due to the sort of people I am playing against, I've just not been seeing good riven players.

As a Riven main, I can tell you that you're gonna be seeing less of them in Solo Q and even if they do show up it will be harder for a Riven to excel in higher elo. This is because team fights starts to get more important the farther you go up. This means a lot of coordination is needed in a game. Riven is kinda lackluster in engaging team fights. Most of the time she needs a flash to engage especially if she's the primary engage for your team. She does better in team fights if there are other champs that engage first since she's too squishy to be the primary engage.

Of course there are times that Riven just massively snowballs in lane leading to her snowballing other lanes but that is an exception and not the rule.

Malphite is kinda like a soft counter to Riven while Chogath and Tryndamyr are skill match ups. If you're winning while using them, it just means you're far better than them as a player.

Leezard

As a Riven main, I can tell you that you're gonna be seeing less of them in Solo Q and even if they do show up it will be harder for a Riven to excel in higher elo. This is because team fights starts to get more important the farther you go up. This means a lot of coordination is needed in a game. Riven is kinda lackluster in engaging team fights. Most of the time she needs a flash to engage especially if she's the primary engage for your team. She does better in team fights if there are other champs that engage first since she's too squishy to be the primary engage.

Of course there are times that Riven just massively snowballs in lane leading to her snowballing other lanes but that is an exception and not the rule.

Malphite is kinda like a soft counter to Riven while Chogath and Tryndamyr are skill match ups. If you're winning while using them, it just means you're far better than them as a player.

There are still a lot of Rivens higher up in the ranks.

killatopak

Gold Member
There are still a lot of Rivens higher up in the ranks.

I kinda forgot we have different regions.

I searched op.gg quite a bit and yeah #5 in overall pick rate in solo q. NA and EUW. In the Eastern countries, she's picked less often.

---

It's kinda interesting that the top 6 most banned champions are jungle champs. It's a bit true. This season, the jungle probably has the most impact in the game.

patchday

nice pics I wonder what country this is tho or rather, where this event was held?

Finally, Fiora will return to the garbage that she is.

The only reason she was op was because the hotfix buff. Everyone knows that Riot doesn't know how to hotfix balance.

Negaduck

well played my first solo game of doto with death prophet since she looks cool and i found her fun in the past (tho i was always playing with friends who did their own thing or whatever)

Krob (death prophet, in wc3 her hero name was krobelus, a few heroes are still called by their old wc3 name. Clinks being one of them. His surname was the bone fletcher) is great, witchcraft is fun because more witch craft means more ghosts too. She's more of a siege and teamfight hero. You usually want to get a bloodstone with her because the mana regen is amazing and you can help stack it up from teamfights and kills.

Eul's is great (tornado) not only for yourself but you can set up combos with it with someone else and silence them as they land and wreak them.

Boots of travel too, pretty much TP boots. Push a lane with your waves, then port to another. Krob's ghosts also do crazy damage to towers and will prioritize the target you are auto attacking.

One note if you choose to get refresher orb (refreshes all CD's), if you ult twice you don't get a mosh pit, it resets the ghosts duration so you would want to wait till the ghosts come back and heal you and pop it again.

Good items on krob

Bloodstone
Eul's
Shiva's guard
Linken's sphere
Boots of travel
Necronomicon (gives int and str, summons two minions, one melee and one ranged, ranged has mana burn on hits and one does a ton of true damage to whoever kills it)

There are a couple more items of worth but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Max ult > wave of terror > witchcraft > silence > stats.

Stats at level 2 is actually decent with a handfull of heroes.

Finally, Fiora will return to the garbage that she is.

The only reason she was op was because the hotfix buff. Everyone knows that Riot doesn't know how to hotfix balance.
2 seconds of CD shaved off a couple abilities and a total of 100ish more HP and 10ish more AD at level 18, oh the balance

She was already good before the buffs, they just made people realize that faster.

drawkcaB

Skarner nerfs seem fine except for the MS nerf. Not in the sense that it goes too far, but in the sense that I'd rather take a further reduction on his damage than lose 10 MS. 335MS is going to feel like shit. Looks like it's back to Q max first.

killatopak

Gold Member
Fiora was strong even before the hotfix. I've been telling you guys. The skill curve is just steep so you only notice now when most have adapted.

Edit:finally! Gonna get that sweet sweet patch 5.16 in a few hours from now in our region.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
cosplayers should smile tho, gee

It gets tiring taking pics with so many people when you just want to relax and eat something. Also, some people can be major assholes especially when alcohol is involved. One guy at MSG had to get pulled aside by security for talking to because he was aggressively grabbing cosplayers by the waist asking for photos and stuff.

Remember, they're just fans who wanted to dress up and have some fun. Most aren't professionals by any means.

It gets tiring taking pics with so many people when you just want to relax and eat something. Also, some people can be major assholes especially when alcohol is involved. One guy at MSG had to get pulled aside by security for talking to because he was aggressively grabbing cosplayers by the waist asking for photos and stuff.

Remember, they're just fans who wanted to dress up and have some fun. Most aren't professionals by any means.

That sounds fucked.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Welcome to drunk socially awkward nerds being around beautiful woman.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
If you want to do side events at con, then you need to get out of the costume somehow. Just staying in cosplay makes you a walking target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom