• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
A huge part of KR LoL's appeal to me over the years has been the amazing casting from Monte, DoA and Chobra (and lately PapaSmithy). Losing it, combined with the continual drip-drip of Korean talent to China, would definitely make KR LoL more of a "when SKT are playing a big team" kind of deal than "whenever it's on and I'm free" as it is now.

Edwardo

Tales of the great Dob will pass down for generations as he was the one who would invite me to games everyday when my fanger was healing.

garath

I would invite people but I only ever have a very narrow window of game time and usually queue up immediately on login.

Though when I have a few extra minutes maybe I'll try the invite everyone in NeoGAF channel.

Speaking of, guess we'll have a NeoGAF club soon. They seem to be pushing forward with that feature.

Nekofrog

Banned
costy, i feel like you're severely downplaying a lot of justifiable fear that people have in riot ruining ogn.

riot hasn't been known to have the best minded approach when it comes to these things. a lot of people (myself included) have been watching OGN forever now, back when it was sub only for anything higher than medium quality. i was subbed to that for so long.

the issue here is riot not being transparent with what's going on. it's cool that you received an "internal statement" that clears up your fear but until riot actually addresses this in a meaningful manner i fall into camp "ruck fiot". don't touch my ogn.

zkylon

zkylewd
they were kinda nice though

MwLrIF4.png
i mean sure, and i don't know who his girlfriend is, was just weird to see a pair of tits on twitter and look at the user and it's lyte

she's like a streamer with a questionable profile picture, that's all i can say

Damn. Was going to ask if there was any news on the new role selection queue but I found the latest pbe post that says it was having crashes. Guess that's not going live next patch :(

Poppy looks likely though. And a ton of nerfs.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/p/524-pbe-cycle.html?m=1

Guess we'll see how Quinn looks after this patch. She got the biggest hit.
new champ select is not gonna be on for a long while

you'll know when it launches

Tales of the great Dob will pass down for generations as he was the one who would invite me to games everyday when my fanger was healing.
well dobs is into tentacles so he isn't one to care about fingers

that horrible horrible man

costy, i feel like you're severely downplaying a lot of justifiable fear that people have in riot ruining ogn.

riot hasn't been known to have the best minded approach when it comes to these things. a lot of people (myself included) have been watching OGN forever now, back when it was sub only for anything higher than medium quality. i was subbed to that for so long.

the issue here is riot not being transparent with what's going on. it's cool that you received an "internal statement" that clears up your fear but until riot actually addresses this in a meaningful manner i fall into camp "ruck fiot". don't touch my ogn.
there's definitely a communication issue here and it's impossible for any lck fan to see this as anything but fixing what it isn't broken and rito not actually laying out what are the possible benefits of this (the schedule stuff is important but i think it wasn't like an official rito statement?) and how they're gonna solve the issue of losing the two best casters in league

but tbh monte and doa and co. have private interests they're defending with the statements they're making and their comments should also be taken with a grain of salt

specially when it comes to analogies

that monte analogy was the most idiotic thing i've ever read

I understand what you're saying, and I don't want to comment too much on it because it's not my job, but I'm wondering why you're defaulting to "fuck riot".

Riot does not want to ruin the LCK. The change is to reduce complacency and increase competition so viewers get a better broadcast over time. It's not done for money (Riot will not receive a cent from SPOTV for broadcast rights).

I was also one of those people who subbed to OGN for the 1080p stream and OGN cake fan and Kakackle emotes, but I don't miss that. When Riot Korea took more of an involvement they made the LCK broadcast free in HD with free VoDs, no sub required. That wasn't to make money, they just wanted the broadcast to be better and for it to be more accessible to more people.

The issue with the broadcast for 2016 is still ongoing, and while Riot Korea, OGN and KeSPA have agreed to meet first thing this week to further discuss it without constant public statements that are full of he said/she said, there are certain people, some employed by OGN for the English stream and some of their friends, that are releasing one side of the story to further their own goals. A big example was this logo trademark issue which has been used by those people as an example of "Riot stealing from OGN and ruining esports in Korea!!!" when in actual fact it has nothing to do with the current situation and is not that.

Be sceptical about Riot if you want, but all I'm saying is to consider who it is that's speaking publicly, what their motives are, their past comments about Riot etc. and to realise that Riot is making whatever changes it's making to overall improve the broadcast of LoL in Korea like they have done in the past and not as some power-hungry, money-grabbing tirade to ruin OGN and Korean esports.

I'm sure there will be statements released based on the outcome of this week's meetings.

If your concern is on the quality of SPOTV's English language broadcast, I share them but I also trust my colleagues to find new talent like they have done with EU and NA LCS. These people are fucking good at their job.

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing is, how is it an "improving the lck broadcast" to have half as monte and doa

like, why isn't riot doing this in china where the broadcast often doesn't include the player interviews or intro or anything and often has dead time of about half an hour between games and also features less beloved casters that could actually use the help (although i do like most of the china casters)

why would you "improve" what's arguably the region with the best format, the best casters and the best teams

why mess that up

just improve china dudes

the thing is, how is it an "improving the lck broadcast" to have half as monte and doa

like, why isn't riot doing this in china where the broadcast often doesn't include the player interviews or intro or anything and often has dead time of about half an hour between games and also features less beloved casters that could use a hand (although i do like most of the china casters)

why would you "improve" what's arguably the region with the best format, the best casters and the best teams

why mess that up

just improve china dudes

Monte and Doa are only one component of the ENGLISH broadcast of the LCK, and who says Riot Korea is not willing to work out something where they cast every game? Or were willing?

In regards to China, Magus made a post about the LPL on Reddit in September. They're working with Tencent to address many if not all the concerns you just mentioned.

Again, I'll leave it up to Riot Korea to talk about it when they have concluded their talks, but the narrative that Riot isn't trying to improved things and is trying to ruin OGN is far from the truth, and also Monte and Doa aren't the centre of the universe and are one part of the English broadcast, when many of the issues they're addressing are local issues being handled by Riot Korea, a team of talented people that know their region and already improved the broadcast in Korea for English viewers last season.

zkylon

zkylewd
Monte and Doa are only one component of the ENGLISH broadcast of the LCK, and who says Riot Korea is not willing to work out something where they cast every game? Or were willing?
i can be understanding of rito wanting to work something out or wanting to improve things, but also can't ignore that without rito's involvement things would be just as they were and the way many like it

In regards to China, Magus made a post about the LPL on Reddit in September. They're working with Tencent to address many if not all the concerns you just mentioned.[/spoiler]
the china thing was just meant as an example of a region that actually needs rito's involvement, compared to korea which seems to have it all together for the most part

Again, I'll leave it up to Riot Korea to talk about it when they have concluded their talks, but the narrative that Riot isn't trying to improved things and is trying to ruin OGN is far from the truth, and also Monte and Doa aren't the centre of the universe and are one part of the English broadcast, when many of the issues they're addressing are local issues being handled by Riot Korea, a team of talented people that know their region and already improved the broadcast in Korea for English viewers last season.
i'm trying to have a conversation so yeah, i don't think rito's trying to ruin ogn or whatever, that's dumb. let's not reddittalk

also that's the thing with what you're saying, the issues rito's addressing are local, and i don't like in korea so i can only speak about the things that affect me directly, and not having monte and doa or the classic ogn hype videos, all of that would just suck.

Probably some of the best animation work in League. I'm glad they took their time with this update to really commit resources to it.
they're doing facial animation for her and trist which makes me real happy

i can be understanding of rito wanting to work something out or wanting to improve things, but also can't ignore that without rito's involvement things would be just as they were and the way many like it

the china thing was just meant as an example of a region that actually needs rito's involvement, compared to korea which seems to have it all together for the most part

i'm trying to have a conversation so yeah, i don't think rito's trying to ruin ogn or whatever, that's dumb. let's not reddittalk

also that's the thing with what you're saying, the issues rito's addressing are local, and i don't like in korea so i can only speak about the things that affect me directly, and not having monte and doa or the classic ogn hype videos, all of that would just suck.

they're doing facial animation for her and trist which makes me real happy

The last thing I'll say on it is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is not the right attitude to have. When you want to keep growing, keep improving and overall make the experience better for players AND set up a sustainable ecosystem so that broadcasts continue to get better over the years, sometimes changes need to be made, especially if one party is far less willing if at all to improve.

Nekofrog

Banned
but what REALLY needed changed about OGN?

what problems did it have other than that it takes place on the other side of the world so the time is going to be messed up for western watchers?

the lpl is what REALLY needs heavy work done, not ogn.

Nekofrog

Banned
I've started closing my client when not on during the day now so I don't feel bad about missed invites. Still miss some from fallen though. About the only person I can play with is Rex since his australian time matches up with my work shift in the us.

Sucks when your friend Naut stole your kills, went to a rampage killstreak and get FR to everyone even the enemies to play with them, except you the ADC who did all the work

faridmon

Sucks when your friend Naut stole your kills, went to a rampage killstreak and get FR to everyone even the enemies to play with them, except you the ADC who did all the work

I did that once as Sona. The ADC was absolutely trash at last hitting even though I would refrain from attacking when HP is low, to a point that the enemies would just escape.

Decided to say fuck it and I went on to be fed 12/3 and then just built AP and was cruising till the the end of the game.

One of the best games I had as Sona.

Kenai

I did that once as Sona. The ADC was absolutely trash at last hitting even though I would refrain from attacking when HP is low, to a point that the enemies would just escape.

Decided to say fuck it and I went on to be fed 12/3 and then just built AP and was cruising till the the end of the game.

One of the best games I had as Sona.

I did that my last Sona game too. Laned against another Silent Night Sona + Ashe? who i found out was Plat later. Carry didn't connect until 10 min in then wanted to try to duel 2-3 levels and all that CS behind. I went like 4/0/19 by the time the game was over and Plat Sona was like 1/8. Felt pretty good, and I'm 90% sure that was my best Sona game outside an ARAM.

faridmon

Tip for the future; Never 1v1 against an Alkali as a Kindered even if she is a supp.

Bloody hell does she counter her so much or what.

Trickster

How do I watch replay in this game? Need to see why the fucking jinx w attack didnt hit an enemy while in a tiny fucking bush

Leezard

Undertale league fanart, excellent.

How do I watch replay in this game? Need to see why the fucking jinx w attack didnt hit an enemy while in a tiny fucking bush

You get a third party program such as Lolreplays/baron replays or you use http://www.replay.gg/ which is a site that records your games for you without needing to install software.

No official replays exist.

I feel bad for missing the invites I have gotten lately. I go afk a lot and forget to mark myself as such.
Yeah, I will do the same thing.

Tip for the future; Never 1v1 against an Alkali as a Kindered even if she is a supp.

Bloody hell does she counter her so much or what.
Ummm I don't think so alkali is an assassin so you should have been fine if you had your ult.

The weirdest part is alkali support.

faridmon

I did have my ult every single time but she is just too fast. The way she just connects her combos on me is just deadly, Maybe I am the one with the slow reaction time, but she did definitely took advantage of my ult to just whip in after it took effect

and yes Alkali supp which was crazy by itself.

We won the game, because you know, we had Thresh who is an actual supp, but man, she just pissed me off that game.

I have litterally no idea what that means :p

ult to prevent people from jumping on you and your team or to slow their ability to escape.

E can be used to push them towards your team while slowing their ability to escape or to push them away from your team to make space to keep from being engaged upon.

Calvero

Banned
Dobkeratops doesn't play that often these days because of studies, but we usually lose together when he is on. I can sense his rage at me, but he is too polite [/spoiler] and rages anyway because I am bad :([/spoiler]

Add me btw I am

faridmon

guys Add me too

faridmon

dobkertops is so much fun to play with. i catch a game with him sometimes when he's on his na account, mudkira.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom