• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
eddie the nazi

it makes sense, you don't need all five fingers to sieg heil :>

I think that a little much, 99% of players aren't going to say ok im behide.
yeah that's true, tho specially bad for feast or famine champions which are also some of the most popular since ppl love to play assassins (zed, yasuo, rengar, lebonk) and assassins are built with very few fallback patterns to rely on when they're behind

but when you see someone a losing vayne rage and try to 1v5 because they're not stomping lane is like ughhh

eddie the nazi

yeah that's true, tho specially bad for feast or famine champions which are also some of the most popular since ppl love to play assassins (zed, yasuo, rengar, lebonk) and assassins are built with very few fallback patterns to rely on when they're behind

but when you see someone a losing vayne rage and try to 1v5 because they're not stomping lane is like ughhh
Yeah, that is the downside to those feast or famine. Tank rengar is not even that bad the snare is super good and he has a decent amount of damage early game.

I play Rengar in 80% of my games, and if I'm behind, I just keep building damage. I "help out the team" by not trying to go all Rambo on the enemy as if I was 17/1/8. Even when behind, Rengar can still cross out a carry if they're out of position, which happens quite often.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Rengar players
lmAuVxu.png

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah the difference between yasuo and rengar is, i've actually seen rengar players completely take over games

it's super rare but it actually does happen. i've never seen a yasuo do anything but feed uncontrollably.

Trickster

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Okay so I had a game where I was Miss Fortune with an alistair as support, against another Miss Fortune and Blitzcrank, around level 2-3, alistair gets hooked by blitz, and after a scuffle he ends up dying. Obviously I get called a noob and other stuff, but that's not really important. What I want to know is, what should I do in such an super early game situation? Back off? Attack the blitzcrank or the Miss Fortune? I don't feel like I can do much to reverse the situation since so early on I don't really have that adc power yet.

Less distractions to detract from the taste of the enemy tears
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Okay so I had a game where I was Miss Fortune with an alistair as support, against another Miss Fortune and Blitzcrank, around level 2-3, alistair gets hooked by blitz, and after a scuffle he ends up dying. Obviously I get called a noob and other stuff, but that's not really important. What I want to know is, what should I do in such an super early game situation? Back off? Attack the blitzcrank or the Miss Fortune? I don't feel like I can do much to reverse the situation since so early on I don't really have that adc power yet.
Normally you want to attack the enemy ADC as he focuses your supp to either force him to back the fuck off or risk dying. If the enemy support has less HP you can try and go 1 for 1 too

JulianImp

Alright thanks, just gonna gun more for the adc in future situations like that then.

Being mostly a support main, I'd also recommend that. If a team ends up trading their adc for their opponent's support then the adc-less team is likely to lose quite a bit of ground, as lone support tanks and healers lose their keystone masteries' main buffs. Be careful not to get overconfident and walk straight into a gank, though.

jerd

Deathfire touch buffs :D
Deathfire Touch (Ferocity, Tier 6)
Bonus Attack damage ratio increased to 60% from 50%
Ability Power ratio increased to 25% from 20%

Also stormraiders is now a master yi ult

Stormraider's Surge (Cunning, Tier 6)
Movement speed bonus increased to 40% from 35%
Now also grants 100% slow resistance for 3 seconds
Time frame to deal damage increased to 2.5 seconds from 2

jerd

They sorta did? I guess?

Fervor of Battle (Ferocity, Tier 6)
Bonus Physical damage per stack based on level increased to [1-12] from [1-8].
Max stacks lowered to 8 from 10.

Warlord's Bloodlust (Ferocity, Tier 6)
Now heals for 5%-25% of damage dealt based on level (from 15%) and grants 30% attack speed (up from 20%) for 4 seconds.

Fervor might be pretty good in extended trades again that'll add up to a lot of damage

Yesssssss

Still think you could at least maintain Fervor attacking minions but that's a start. Now buff Battering Blows so it doesn't outright lose to Precision and we're good to go

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

If they're level 3 and you're level 2 it's pretty hard to win an all-in like that. But all things equal, Ali should've just Q'ed and head butted the MF your way.

Nekofrog

Banned
like all they have to do is make fervor stack on minions again and you will almost never see a toplane bruiser with thunderlord's getting first blood in the first 2 minutes of the game again.

jerd

i think what stone said is a good idea with resetting your timer on minions and keeping your current stacks. Stacking on minions or like on ez when you could just throw qs running to lane and show up with 10 stacks was a little weird

Violet_0

Banned
say, if I want to play, like, Vlad top, or Kindred jungle, or Vel support, do I lose by default for not playing a tank instead? Because the rest of the team is not going to be tanky, either

the bottom line is, I don't want to play tanks

jerd

If you think your ping is holding you back there's only one thing you have to do
Xerath
graph-xerath.jpg

Warwick
graph-warwick.jpg

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/ping-winrate-and-vayne-probs
say, if I want to play, like, Vlad top, or Kindred jungle, or Vel support, do I lose by default for not playing a tank instead? Because the rest of the team is not going to be tanky, either

the bottom line is, I don't want to play tanks

Not at all. Vlad and kindred are pretty strong even. I wouldn't recommend vel support though. If you want to play a mage bot prob just go brand or even karma. You can make it work, it's just not the best

Idk why you wouldn't want to play tanks rn though they're still really strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom