• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
Not at all. Vlad and kindred are pretty strong even. I wouldn't recommend vel support though. If you want to play a mage bot prob just go brand or even karma. You can make it work, it's just not the best

Idk why you wouldn't want to play tanks rn though they're still really strong

eh, I don't enjoy playing any of the tanks. Maybe Wukong, if he counts as a tank. Vel support is just an "if I really have to" idea, because coincidentally I don't really enjoy the support role either, but I actually like the Karma suggestion

CWKXqOgVAAEz1MN.jpg:large

challenger nidalee splash

Thats one fugly splash art.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I should probably get around to playing Bard, just been enjoying Thresh/Blitzcrank/Leona/Annie as my supports. Whenever I do play against a Bard I always find myself intrigued by his skill set, especially that amazing cc lockdown if timed right.

jerd

How do I turn my won lane into a won game as poppy? Also wtf is her ult actually good for?
thinking.gif

Her ult is good for getting a numbers advantage in teamfights. Bop their front line a screen away and their carries are ripe for the pickins. Also don't forget you can cast it without charging for a big knockup and get in position to E people into walls in a 1v1. Honestly though she's just a tad on the weak side right now. Her win rate is insanely low but I'm pretty sure that's at least in part due to her kit being kinda unique.

Also I think in the end she's gonna be a better jungler than laner

kenbo

I've not found that to be the case at all. That lane feels like a Yasuo win 10 times out of 10 with Kass simply trying to survive until 6 so he can go roam.
Nah, as a seasoned kassadin player I gotta agree with you DV. His pre 6 pressure is incredible, and it doesn't get too much better after 6 since you'll be saving your ult to avoid dash q ults

You'll need jungle assistance with this one to keep the Yasuo honest otherwise he will constantly dash at you in lane
that's the thing

kassadin can be like 30 cs or a couple kills down and still wreck shit up while yas needs to stomp lane since after that it's throwing-at-teamfights-time

if kassadin didn't get stomped he's won lane
Kassadin doesn't work that way anymore. He needs to break even now because games are too short and his base damages (and ratios) are pretty poop. Previously all he needed was to to make it to 40 mins and clean up a few fights but games don't go that far

Ferga

I think riot really achieved their goal with keystones this patch.

Keystones really are giving that extra ooomph to every champion and everyones unique playstyle.

#8-10thunderlordseverygame

kenbo

Keystones really are giving that extra ooomph to every champion and everyones unique playstyle.

dont care, TL feels awesome

#thunderlordsmasterrace

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't think there's ever been a change to the game quite like thunderlords where it makes so many dumb champions super strong early like this.

garath

OMG. Come on league. Wtf. Has it always switched back to the previously selected mastery page when you create a new one? I made a new page for an AP mid and after saving it I went back to champ select with less than a second left and it was on my last jungle page. I'm screwed.

jerd

i don't think there's ever been a change to the game quite like thunderlords where it makes so many dumb champions super strong early like this.

The champs I think you're talking about all used fervor better early in the game before its nerf. Two full fervor stacked autos did more without a cooldown than thunderlords does now. Thunderlords is just the new thing to bitch about. It's not like we can even pretend Riot doesn't know tl's is the only option rn for non tanks because they're overhauling half the keystones on pbe

Thunderlords isnt op, the others just suck

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing with keystones is that except for thunderlord they're all boring and lame

like ppl asking for fervor to be stacked on minions i can't understand

you really want to be tediously stacking that crap on minions and keeping track of that timer like you're jax or vlad or whatever?

the fun thing about thunderlord is that it's easy to use and rewards you for hitting skillshots and has a cool looking, easy-to-notice effect of more damage

it's far from any sort of strategic improvement to the game but at least it's not like 15% more dot damage like freaking deathfire

Kassadin doesn't work that way anymore. He needs to break even now because games are too short and his base damages (and ratios) are pretty poop. Previously all he needed was to to make it to 40 mins and clean up a few fights but games don't go that far
well you don't build tear anymore for that reason

also like i said you shouldn't have much trouble against yasuo if you let yourself be pushed to turret and farm, he can't do anything to you there

just tp back to mid if you take a bad trade or get towerdove

kenbo

the thing with keystones is that except for thunderlord they're all boring and lame

like ppl asking for fervor to be stacked on minions i can't understand

you really want to be tediously stacking that crap on minions and keeping track of that timer like you're jax or vlad or whatever?

the fun thing about thunderlord is that it's easy to use and rewards you for hitting skillshots and has a cool looking, easy-to-notice effect of more damage

it's far from any sort of strategic improvement to the game but at least it's not like 15% more dot damage like freaking deathfire

well you don't build tear anymore for that reason

also like i said you shouldn't have much trouble against yasuo if you let yourself be pushed to turret and farm, he can't do anything to you there

1. yea I think the keystones should change how you play a little more beyond 'fight to take advantage of this' or 'we make you stronger'
thunderlords is a little more interesting in that its 'you have to go for extended trade'
the movement speed one is cool too cos its like 'it is safer to go for burst'

the ferocity ones are snooooozeeeee
'you are stronger when you build crit'
'you are stronger when you fight'
'you deal more damage'

the healing one
'your heals are better' (most boring thing possible)

tank ones
'keep fighting to be tanky and strong' (only good one)
'stand around to get stronger' (wtf)
'be tankier' (ok lol)

2. problem with laning against yasuo is that he doesnt push that hard to harass you, unlike AP laners which hit minions with their spells whenever they try to hit you

Nekofrog

Banned
tldr: any keystone that doesn't give you an immediate reward for taking it is weak and not worth using. bond of stone being the one exception, but it's like old fervor in that you can just stay in combat forever in lane.

There's really no reason to do anything but thunder lord unless you're a tank. But if you're not a tank thunderlord it up.

patchday

omg just looked up Nidalee win rate and its below Poppy :(

What happened to Nidalee? she was getting used in LCS by pros all the time too. Riot fucked her up with those nerfs this bad?

* (wish I wasnt a stats ho but I'm simply not good enough rank up with a subpar champ but I guess I could be brave and try)

kenbo

omg just looked up Nidalee win rate and its below Poppy :(

What happened to Nidalee? she was getting used in LCS by pros all the time too. Riot fucked her up with those nerfs this bad?

Err she usually has had bad win rates, even when pros did use her (and they still do - rush is ridiculous on her)

(the loss of a decent ruinglaive hurt though)

shes a very hard jungler to play

patchday

Err she usually has had bad win rates, even when pros did use her (and they still do - rush is ridiculous on her)

(the loss of a decent ruinglaive hurt though)

shes a very hard jungler to play

oh really? I never thought to look up her win rate til now thanks.

zkylon

zkylewd
1. yea I think the keystones should change how you play a little more beyond 'fight to take advantage of this' or 'we make you stronger'
thunderlords is a little more interesting in that its 'you have to go for extended trade'
the movement speed one is cool too cos its like 'it is safer to go for burst'

the ferocity ones are snooooozeeeee
'you are stronger when you build crit'
'you are stronger when you fight'
'you deal more damage'

tank ones
'keep fighting to be tanky and strong' (only good one)
'stand around to get stronger' (wtf)
'be tankier' (ok lol)
keystones are straight up zero creativity terrible. rito is filled with talented designers, i don't know what happened to their collective minds but all the ideas they came up with for keystones are really boring

if these things are supposed to represent why we changed from the old system to this one then it really isn't worth the disruption to the meta and balance

and i overall don't agree with masteries getting more important and defining your playstyle as much. time and time again we've seen mastery balance dictate the meta and the stronger champions and it's never been fun and now champions are balanced around masteries which is not how this game is supposed to be

and like i said before, some of these masteries would make awesome items. imagine the speed boost mastery as luden's echo passive instead of that lame aoe nonsense. or grasp of the undying mastery on a dorans shield to help out tank junglers survive rough matchups

honestly seeing that assassin mastery that's like straightup "more damage when you're 1v1ing" just tells me how bad these mastery changes have been, really uninspired and bullshitty stuff that just made the game worse for no positive return whatsoever

2. problem with laning against yasuo is that he doesnt push that hard to harass you, unlike AP laners which hit minions with their spells whenever they try to hit you
i mean, you're playing a weak laner that's specially bad against ad, it's definitely not gonna be fun playing against him but yasuo is not zed and you have flask and tp and your scaling to rely on, there's a lot more pressure on yasuo than there is on you

oh really? I never thought to look up her win rate til now thanks.
yeah she's always been low

assassin junglers are tough to play

tldr: any keystone that doesn't give you an immediate reward for taking it is weak and not worth using. bond of stone being the one exception, but it's like old fervor in that you can just stay in combat forever in lane.
weak is ok, weak can be balanced and made competitive

boring is the problem and you can't just add stats to something and make it fun

and replacing the old system with this one has been completely unjustified so far and buffing pretty much all the keystones is not gonna make that better

tldr; keystones are not a terrible idea, these keystones are terrible. masteries being more relevant is questionable at best and so far has been really bad for the game

I Thunderlord, you Thunderlord... He she me...Thunderlord? Thunderlord, Thunderlording, we'll have the Thunderlord, Thunderlordorama... Thunderlordology, The study of Thunderlord? It's first grade, Rito.

Nah, as a seasoned kassadin player I gotta agree with you DV. His pre 6 pressure is incredible, and it doesn't get too much better after 6 since you'll be saving your ult to avoid dash q ults

You'll need jungle assistance with this one to keep the Yasuo honest otherwise he will constantly dash at you in lane

Word. Yea that's exactly how it felt. I've only played my very first 3 or 4 Kass matches today and all but I think 1 were against a Yas. It was awful but an interesting experience.

TP could have possibly but been marginally useful but nah bruh. Your thoughts sound right on paper, but I encourage you to try the matchup to understand my emotions right now. lol.

His damage output compared to Kass's at that stage of the game is incredible man. His Q cooldown and shield regen speed means he can out-trade you and harass you far more often since his harass can come while farming. Kass' Q and E aren't scaring Yas. Further, Kass has a very slow base auto attack speed and typical poor auto attack damage, so you can't sort of stand there and trade with him or dive into him at any point during the laning phase. He simply crushes you in a man fight. This also means that while you are correct you'll be farmnig under tower (by force, not by choice), this actually presents a real problem for him last-hitting under tower since he has no reliable wave clear (his E is nothing compared to Lux's E or Brand's W, for example) and slow autoattack speed. Not only will you miss tons of CS but you'll also be taking harass when going in for those last hits if the Yas is on point. You can throw out as many Q balls as you like, but unless he's bad I don't think it will matter much. And Kass can all-in even close to tower if you're at < 60% HP or so, with or without Catalyst if he can catch you with a tornado ult setup. That man cuts through Kass' fairly respectable HP like butter.

It's a free-farm lane for him, straight up. I'll never pick Kass into Yas intentionally and I'm glad I had the experience to know. For kicks, I checked out C9.Sneaky's Kass guide to see what he thought of the matchup:

"A well played Yasuo should be able to beat you in lane quite easily. Look to farm and play passive, unless he's not that skilled and you are able to land free Q's onto him."

So I suppose that's that. And even passive farming is hard because of the pressure he can put on. If you don't get any jungle help, the game is going to be very hard. Oh and funny thing, in every matchup in that guide, he says "try not to get shoved under tower". Because like I said, that shit is just awful. Later into the game it sort of evens out but only if Yas' team can't force out an early gg. It takes a lot of items before Kass can 1v1 man up on Yas.

The one match I ended up winning today against a Yas, I got a lot of jungle help to force him into situations where his HP was consistently lower than he wanted it or was without flash and I ended up building extremely defensively. The rest of the matches looked more like this.

The best feeling matchup was against a TF
, whose skillset I found to be very easy for Kass to work around pre 6 and definitely post-6. I probably could have had more than 22 kills, but I didn't have a good feel for my own power. In the end I was 2-shotting the Vayne which was kinda wild.

kenbo

and i overall don't agree with masteries getting more important and defining your playstyle as much. time and time again we've seen mastery balance dictate the meta and the stronger champions and it's never been fun and now champions are balanced around masteries which is not how this game is supposed to be

well masteries are either weak or strong

if they're weak, they're merely small stat boosts like the old system

if theyre strong they're either strong stat boosts (like some of them right now) or strong playstyle changers

so basically masteries should be weak is what youre saying rite

zkylon

zkylewd
you're mixing things

kassadin doesn't beat anyone in lane. the only good matchup i can think of for kassadin is leblanc. all the other matchups are him playing passive and getting whatever cs he's gifted and waiting for levels/items

you're talking about losing trades when you shouldn't be trading

or talking about not being pushed into turret when what the guide's talking about is champions that can harass you under turret like zed, syndra or azir

you say kass vs yasuo is free farm for yasuo. kass vs anyone is free farm

also that guide is 4 months old and guides in general are terrible

well masteries are either weak or strong

if they're weak, they're merely small stat boosts like the old system

if theyre strong they're either strong stat boosts (like some of them right now) or strong playstyle changers

so basically masteries should be weak is what youre saying rite
i'd prefer the game to be decided during gameplay, so tbh best thing would be for runes/masteries not to exist

but since they're a necessary evil at least make them interesting. but if you can't even make them interesting then at least don't disrupt the game and just keep the old lame masteries

there's no benefit for keystones existing, they're just as boring as the old masteries but now the game balance is terrible

kenbo

Riot have admitted that their runes system is super outdated and they wanna look at it

maybe they'll remove it and refund everyone IP

that'd be nice

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually like runes better than masteries because they're just straight up stat boosts

am i against zed in lane? just take flat armor yellows

am i planning on getting mejais, then just run ap/lvl blues

tho again, if runes were removed and the game was balanced to compensate then it'd all be better

Newt

I would be happy with League if they fixed Annie, Malph, Anivia, Nunu.

Like, they all have cool concepts poorly executed.

Annie - I have this bear that deals DoT but is never used because I can just 100 - 0 people anyways :lol.
Malph - I have this attack speed slow but that doesn't matter because everything is dependent if I hit ult or not, and if I do I 1 shot people. If I don't I'm useless. Might as well only have 1 ability.
Anivia - I have this area dot spell but that doesn't mean shit because I only use it for a second and then e :lol. It does so much damage it doesn't matter.
Nunu - I don't even know what the devs were thinking when they made this champ.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea those champions have problems

i'd add kayle to that list of champions with clashing identities and useless spells

but there's tons of champions with more issues

Newt

yea those champions have problems

i'd add kayle to that list of champions with clashing identities and useless spells

but there's tons of champions with more issues
Kayle doesn't really have any useless spells though. Her kit is pretty coherent.

W - Catch up to people, heal team mates
Q - Slow/Damage
E - Ranged AA/Waveclear
R- Save people/Prevent burst

Kayle is basically just better lategame Lulu worse earlygame.

Also, the 4 I've mentioned probably are the champs with the biggest issues. There's Taric too, but he's confirmed to be reworked. Maybe Yorick, but I think he;s confirmed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom