• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

wait wut

why does ryze have a phantom dancer

why does diana have a lich bane

WHAT IS JINX EVEN HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH

MY BRAINS OW OW OW OW OW OW OW

I have a friend who's been playing since beta that did this. He was following amobafire guide i think lol

Tbf tho they didn't update starting items on her and nid after the magus change iirc so lich bane is still a recommended item

~20 to 66 and you feel no difference? I find that a bit hard to believe.

I went from 100ish to 49 and don't really feel a difference. We are talking about hundreths of a second difference tho so i don't think you'll be able to tell just moving around the map the difference will be skillshots that previously hit by a pixel you can now dodge and vice versa

jerd

Yeah i know he's been playing forever and didn't know that spellblades dont stack and that mobafire is garbage and they never took lich bane off the recommended after they changed to runeglaive so that could be confusing to new players

23qwerty

I went from 100ish to 49 and don't really feel a difference. We are talking about hundreths of a second difference tho so i don't think you'll be able to tell just moving around the map the difference will be skillshots that previously hit by a pixel you can now dodge and vice versa

I can absolutely tell a difference between the 30 I had previously and the 57 I have now. There's a much more noticeable delay just moving around, granted it probably doesn't make much a difference, but it's definitely noticeable.

zkylon

zkylewd
for u noot

TvdCjWO.png

Ugh... loading screen is saying 90 ping.

Should I panic?

yes

you should

WHY THE FUCK WON'T RIOT JUST SET UP 2 SERVER LOCATIONS IN THE EAST COAST, AND WEST COAST, AND YOU SELECT BETWEEN BOTH

ENOUGH WITH THAT CHARGING $20 FOR DIFFERENT SERVER SHIT

SO SCUMMY

Both DotA and HotS let you choose your location ffs

jerd

I used to want to buy sv on syndra to see what her ults looked like lol

Do you always get tear on ori? She's another that would be fun to play but i don't really do well on

zkylon

zkylewd
zgX8yIR.png

i really enjoy comps with morde

i'm like, srsly hoping the game will maybe go a bit in that direction of dumb adcs, much more aggressive, it's hilarious

kenbo

Reddit is having a little whine fest that this is the most unbalanced patch EVAR

I swear the smallest change from the status quo and they cant cope

kenbo

yes

you should

WHY THE FUCK WON'T RIOT JUST SET UP 2 SERVER LOCATIONS IN THE EAST COAST, AND WEST COAST, AND YOU SELECT BETWEEN BOTH

ENOUGH WITH THAT CHARGING $20 FOR DIFFERENT SERVER SHIT

SO SCUMMY

Both DotA and HotS let you choose your location ffs

They already had that experiment though, and we got EUNE/EUW PEOPLE WILL JUST GRAVITATE TO THE BIGGEST ONE CAUSING A SNOWBALL

BUT BECAUSE YOU CAN STILL CHOOSE servers IT just means RIOT needs to have 2 massive servers instead of 1 massive server BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DESIGN FOR THE WORST CASE AND THERES TOO MANY PEOPLE PLAYING LEAGUE UNLIKE DOTA AND HOTS WHERE THEY CAN JUST PUT SHITTY SMALL SATELLITE SERVERS EVERYWHERE

Blizzard

Banned
I can understand the frustration, but it's a little funny to me when I've had like 93-107 ping in my entire League playing experience, and now it's down to the 60's...and other people are frustrated how that value feels.

Just imagine how it felt for me those years. :p

They already had that experiment though, and we got EUNE/EUW PEOPLE WILL JUST GRAVITATE TO THE BIGGEST ONE CAUSING A SNOWBALL

BUT BECAUSE YOU CAN STILL CHOOSE servers IT just means RIOT needs to have 2 massive servers instead of 1 massive server BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DESIGN FOR THE WORST CASE AND THERES TOO MANY PEOPLE PLAYING LEAGUE UNLIKE DOTA AND HOTS WHERE THEY CAN JUST PUT SHITTY SMALL SATELLITE SERVERS EVERYWHERE

Europe was a failure

The US will be a success

Besides, Europe is smaller than the US. So a snowball affect works because there isn't much of a ping detriment between both regions. In the US, people will choose the best ping.

Nekofrog

Banned
im at 65 ping. i can definitely feel the difference from 30-35. it's just a minor minor minor delay, hope it's not too bad in game

drawkcaB

Went from 55 to 80. Feel no difference really.

I don't either, but as a matter of principal I think I'll be sending a message to Riot that they need to reconsider how traffic from Alberta is being routed. Intuitively, we should have ping between Sask and BC, but we're actually worse than both areas by about ~20 because our traffic is being routed to Seattle before going to Chicago.

EDIT: Or maybe I don't have to! According to the official server move thread Riot is already talking to Telus and Shaw, I suspect about routing traffic directly west. GG Riot networking (hopefully at any rate)

Kalentan

Lost my sixth game as Riven in a row... It's weird, like I see i'm getting better with each match. But at this point it's no longer me. Thus far every game our mid has fed and our bottom lane is also weak. It's like there's a clear skill level difference between my team and the enemy team. I'll keep trying...

zkylon

zkylewd
RDwDTwI.png

last of my daily games, haven't played league in a while so happy that coming back everything felt so good

was my first mid velkoz, i gotta say, contrary to what i thought and repeatedly told doge lol, he's a lot of fun to play, way more aggressive than i thought he'd play. he feels more syndra than xerath i guess, always looking for that sneaky knockup to pick ppl off. i didn't really know what to build so i went straight ap mid and got a liandrys cos the mundo was annoying, but i think ludens would've been better

he feels pretty strong like i thought from playing against him so i'm guessing i'll pick him up for a few more games and see if he sticks.

I used to want to buy sv on syndra to see what her ults looked like lol

Do you always get tear on ori? She's another that would be fun to play but i don't really do well on
not really, i generally get tear if i have a free lane like yasuo or something and even then i might just double dorans into deathcap and get athenes later. i'm not a big fan of tear build cos you come back from your first back with no good items and u delay your cdr which is at least not how i like to play since i'm more early-mid game oriented than late, so i'd rather be stronger now with athenes than bank it with tear

guess it depends on your style, but i personally still get athenes 90% of the games

wota on syndra isn't that bad tbh, i've tried it a few times on syndra and ori and talked to a d1 syndra guy about it and he was a fan too in certain situations, but yeah, i generally prefer straight dmg than silly things like liandrys and wota. i'm getting rylais a lot lately as a last or second to last item, and ludens sometimes

Reddit is having a little whine fest that this is the most unbalanced patch EVAR

I swear the smallest change from the status quo and they cant cope
yeah that's pretty funny

i actually really enjoy this patch because of how crazy everything is

like, ok, skarner is way more dumb than he should be, but other than that, all the other champions are like good dumbs, morde and garen and darius are ok and the items don't feel that bad to me, i guess cos ppl need to get close to you to use them and i play all kitey champions, but it doesn't feel super crazy or different to me?

yeah let's hope they keep doing this
i hope they find a more elegant way of doing it, maybe even with an item or whatever tho obviously that would be a nightmare to balance

but i think the concept of sticking with 1-1-1-2 setup but looking at the one position out of those 5 that's almost always the same and just fucking with it so there's more variety seems like something worth pursuing heh

You had more money than kat... Dat kat.
yeah she was weird, she wasn't getting stomped in lane or anything, tho i'm guessing playing kat against malzahar must not be very pleasant. wukong was also doing pretty bad and just doing jungle camps for a big part of the game but the guy showed up and helped out a few times so can't really complain, nasus got a few turrets but they were usually trades so no biggie

but yea, no idea how kat ended up lvl 17 and with so little money but her name is a fallout new vegas reference so i can't get angry at her

Why is this for me, lol.

i duno u like yasuus beaten to a pulp :p

Ferga

Just got an email asking me if I want to transfer to Oceania for free with a whole pros and cons list

Pros:
Much lower ping throughout Oceania
eSports and community contents are customised for the Oceanic region
Patch times happen at the best time to guarantee the minimum disruption on gameplay

Cons:
The Oceanic server has a smaller player base than the North American server. Therefore, in order to maintain quality matchmaking and queue times:
Ranked closes between 4:00AM AEST and 8:00AM AEST each day
Twisted Treeline is available on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 3:00PM AEST and 1:00AM AEST
Dominion and Summoner's Rift Normal Draft is only available through custom games

No ranked queues from 4am to 8am.

Never even knew that.

Tizoc

I don't get why you people are freaking out over sub 150 ping.
150 ping is the best/lowest ping I get and I can play just fine.

kenbo

My first experience with morde was taunting him with rammus on an early gank

Never again
1. Who the hell maxes Q on morde bot
2. Why didn't you defensive curl his third hit
Just got an email asking me if I want to transfer to Oceania for free with a whole pros and cons list

No ranked queues from 4am to 8am.

Never even knew that.
This list is fair and honest
They should make a bigger deal about 1. Though. People in Sydney get ~22ms and compared to 180ms it feels incredible

jerd

Defense curl lasts like 5 seconds and is best used in conjunction with taunt to returm dmg so yeah i had it on

Gives 40 mr doesnt make you invincible. Still hurt like a bitch

First experience vs the new Morde was me as Soroka and Jinx vs Morde and Ali.

Morde got a kill in an early invade and my god did he do some dmg! His dmg output is pretty insane, but the cd is punishing. We could outpoke and outsustain. I think he would have done better with an Annie. Someone who could bring a ton of burst.

killatopak

Gold Member
First experience vs the new Morde was me as Soroka and Jinx vs Morde and Ali.

Morde got a kill in an early invade and my god did he do some dmg! His dmg output is pretty insane, but the cd is punishing. We could outpoke and outsustain. I think he would have done better with an Annie. Someone who could bring a ton of burst.

I've seen him find success in engage supps like Leona and Thresh. I think playing Morde means you need to be aggressive.

Edit: Aw Yiss! Finally bought Arcade RIven. I find the animations a little harder to get used to compared to Dragonblade. Maybe it's just me but I feel her DB skin feels smoother.

1. Who the hell maxes Q on morde bot
2. Why didn't you defensive curl his third hit

This list is fair and honest
They should make a bigger deal about 1. Though. People in Sydney get ~22ms and compared to 180ms it feels incredible
Why wouldn't you max Q most of the time? Damage and cooldown are ulfra valuable. W might be goos in certain occasions but it already deals enough damage at rank 1, and E scales better with items than with ranks

killatopak

Gold Member
Riot must have fixed something in patch 5.16. After I patched my ping went from 34+ to 28. Small but it's a definite improvement. Some net code stuff must have been improved along with the NA server change.

Ferga

I don't get why you people are freaking out over sub 150 ping.
150 ping is the best/lowest ping I get and I can play just fine.

I've played fine on NA with my fluctuating ping throughout the years (170-280ping)

I've also played with 20ping on the Oceania server before.

I'm infinitely better. I reckon I can reach High D1 to masters with LeeSin and Elise without a doubt.

I was able to get from d5 to d2 in 15 or so games with lee sin spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom