• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

there's a few problems with what you're saying to me tho

first, it's not that pros hide top laners because they're weak like i dunno malphite is weak whatever. it's because 2v1 makes a lot of champions unviable. it's (partly) what killed things like shyvana and renek top, they just get zoned out by support+adc and either get dove or just scrounge for like 30 cs for the first 15 minutes

Never said weak, not sure where you got that from. Nor do I know where people picked up on getting rid of TP.

it'd be even more maokai, gnar or i dunno sion who can like farm a bit from a distance

Except they're double jungling too. You make it sound like a choice - it's not. Because of the gold and XP advantages double jungling offers over straight laning they have to do it. It's not a matter of strategy or protecting a carry top in the early levels. It's mindless optimum play, as is 90% of every stupid pro meta.

and third, while there's very few actually pro players, there's a shit ton of ppl that like watching pro play and 4v0 and 1v2 is a lot more boring than how the current game actually is. like 35m ppl watched worlds last year i think, so u can't just ignore pro play cos it matters to a lot of people

Players have been watching pro play going back S1 no matter how boring it is. S2 meta of gold starved junglers and farm fest mids was boring. Duo lane swaps and ward bitch support was boring. 4v0 was boring. Current meta is boring. It's all boring, it's always been boring. People will watch regardless.

did u guys all forget when smite top and mid was a thing? decreasing jungle camp xp for anyone without a machete is pretty pointless if all people are gonna do is return to playing smite tops.
Smite laners never started machete at level 1, which is why I suggested making the extra XP an unique item passive so if laners want to go to lane with pretty much jack shit they can be my guest

faridmon

I don't know how to win in this game anymore. If anyone would like to duo please let me know.

3 games today and one featured a support Ezreal. Another featured a support Teemo. Both went as you would expect. Doesn't matter if I can manage 15/5 on my AP mid if the supports are giving up 17 deaths and ensuring every fight is 4v5.

I can't do anything in these matches but lose ranked points anymore. Pls help.

I am in the same position. Few days ago, I was winning a lot more and lately its just been straight loss. I think taking a break from the game helps alot because each loss actually affects your next games... at least that's my situation.

Exactly, this just about dissuading level 2 jungle shit. And smite top was also when Cinderhulk was ridiculously OP and the red smite was stronger.

If you can get an item that will let you get level 2 ahead of the enemy, and to be able to easily kill jungle creeps for bonus exp every 60 seconds, people are going to start picking up machete. The gold gain and exp gain will make it worth it in about..5 jungle big creep kills.

That will be the new meta.

You can get level 2 slightly ahead of the enemy at the cost of any combat stats on your starter item and flash which pretty much guarantees you're getting maimed by a gank the moment you step into lane if the enemy top laner is playing normally, doubly so if they make combat summoners viable in top lane again, and you won't have TP to go back to lane so you'll lose a couple waves worth of XP which should pretty much end your lane right there.

drawkcaB

If you can get an item that will let you get level 2 ahead of the enemy, and to be able to easily kill jungle creeps for bonus exp every 60 seconds, people are going to start picking up machete. The gold gain and exp gain will make it worth it in about..5 jungle big creep kills.

That will be the new meta.

There's nothing stopping players from doing that now.

You reduce large monster XP by X, and add bonus xp on machete equal to X. So if you have machete, it's no different than now. So if it's no different than now, why would players pick up smite and machete after the change?

That's a whole big what if. If anything, it'd be superior on mids to carry smite and machete since they have easy access to 3 jungle camps. Top lane it's riskier definitely, but when we saw runeglaive take part in the meta it was always mid carrying smite.

There's nothing stopping players from doing that now.

You reduce large monster XP by X, and shift that value of X to machete. So if you have machete, it's no different than now. So if it's no different than now, why would players pick up smite and machete after the change?

Then suddenly you harm all lanes except the junglers from doing jungle creeps? Not gonna happen.

I think keeping options diverse is good. Some of the pro teams are pulling out really creative/flexible level 1 strategies based off of the ability to take camps. It would be cool to see them adapted into solo queue play instead of just the rote arriving at lane at level 1 and playing it out thing that has been going on for 5 years.

That's the point, laners shoudn't be taking camps early.

And if this is implemented, laners will never want to take camps nor want to counter jungle because it wouldn't be worth it at half exp. And Riot, has stated many many times, they want to open up counter play like that. If it's not worth to counter jungle as a group, then that decreases the 'action per second' or whatever Riot wants which creates for more boring gameplay.

Which isn't in line with Riots goals.

drawkcaB

Then suddenly you harm all lanes except the junglers from doing jungle creeps? Not gonna happen.

You aren't reading any of the things I've posted. I've covered this. You're reading half a sentence and then you reply.

And now you've gone and not bothered to reply to Stone's edit.

Nekofrog

Banned
I for one am taking advantage of tp in mid lane now before it starts to really catch on, and it will soon

It's disgusting to play mid Diana with tp, farm 800 gold super fast recall instantly for triple dorans, tp back to lane and nearly one roto the enemy

And if this is implemented, laners will never want to take camps nor want to counter jungle because it wouldn't be worth it at half exp. And Riot, has stated many many times, they want to open up counter play like that. If it's not worth to counter jungle as a group, then that decreases the 'action per second' or whatever Riot wants which creates for more boring gameplay.

Which isn't in line with Riots goals.
How is it not worth because you're not getting full camp XP? You're still denying full camp XP from the enemy jungler and full gold - no one said anything about reducing gold - which is the main point of counterjungling in the first place alongside denying buffs.

And again, as the game goes and camp XP scales getting like a flat 50 less XP per camp will be negligible, you'll still want to do it.
I for one am taking advantage of tp in mid lane now before it starts to really catch on, and it will soon

It's disgusting to play mid Diana with tp, farm 800 gold super fast recall instantly for triple dorans, tp back to lane and nearly one roto the enemy
That's my main worry with TP right now. Shit's leaking into mid which was the one lane that wasn't affected by this fuckery.

You aren't reading any of the things I've posted. I've covered this. You're reading half a sentence and then you reply.

And now you've gone and not bothered to reply to Stone's edit.

Because it doesn't fall in lines with Riots philosophy for the game.

How is it not worth because you're not getting full camp XP? You're still denying full camp XP from the enemy jungler and full gold - no one said anything about reducing gold.

It wouldn't be worth it because you can get counter ganked in the jungle, so for half exp nobody would want to counter invade a jungle for creeps. Yeah you mention gold, but nobody counter jungles for just the gold.

Also it doesn't have to be straight up half XP, just enough to make sure you can't get level 2 before a solo laner takes 7 cs. This could be as simple as making camps give 10% less XP for people without machete so a double jungler has to stay around for a third camp for level 2 which should never be faster than just staying around in lane for 2 waves.

And Riot could easily adjust XP tables so after a few levels camps give the same XP as before so this affects the earliest phase of the game and that alone.

Also it doesn't have to be straight up half XP, just enough to make sure you can't get level 2 before a solo laner takes 7 cs. This could be as simple as making camps give 10% less XP for people without machete so a double jungler has to stay around for a third camp for level 2 which should never be faster than just staying around in lane for 2 waves.

And Riot could easily adjust XP tables so after a few levels camps give the same XP as before so this affects the earliest phase of the game and that alone.

Then what will Riot do about 2v1 swaps that are so popular in high elo play, and since they usually tend to only happen in high elo play this change would only be punishing those players?

This change would only punish lane swaps.

That's a different problem that will need to be addressed, doesn't mean that the status quo is healthy.

The big issue here is that double jungling is no longer competitive-only. Solo Q players are doing it constantly nowadays so something needs to be done. Obviously not before Worlds, but the preseason will need some jungle changes yet fucking again.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I have 6300 IP, should i spend them on
Lulu, Kalista or wait and see if new champ interests me?

lulu is awesome

Never said weak, not sure where you got that from. Nor do I know where people picked up on getting rid of TP.
yea my b, u said "poor 2v1 laners" and i read 1v1

i duno about tp, ppl hate on tp for some reason while i think it makes the game a lot more interesting (tho prolly still nerf worthy)

Except they're double jungling too. You make it sound like a choice - it's not. Because of the gold and XP advantages double jungling offers over straight laning they have to do it. It's not a matter of strategy or protecting a carry top in the early levels. It's mindless optimum play, as is 90% of every stupid pro meta.
it doesn't happen every game in pro play, some teams like to seek out for 2v2s like clg or najin/jin air (i always forget the team with ohq), some times like fnatic or koo want their top laner to 1v1, etc.

and double jungling doesn't take forever in competitive anymore, it's usually a few camps to survive the 2v1 or to get the 1v1, that's about it

Players have been watching pro play going back S1 no matter how boring it is. S2 meta of gold starved junglers and farm fest mids was boring. Duo lane swaps and ward bitch support was boring. 4v0 was boring. Current meta is boring. It's all boring, it's always been boring. People will watch regardless.
nah, if someone says now is boring or like s3 was boring in comparison to 4v0 they're just remembering what they want to remember

the game has a shit ton more variety and cool stuff now than during the 4v0 era, that shit was disgusting

That's a different problem that will need to be addressed, doesn't mean that the status quo is healthy.

It is as healthy as it has been. As it stands top laners who can solo a big jungle creep have to waste their TP. But there'd be more negatives to decreasing jungle exp to non-machete users than keeping it as is.

The big issue here is that double jungling is no longer competitive-only. Solo Q players are doing it constantly nowadays so something needs to be done. Obviously not before Worlds, but the preseason will need some jungle changes yet fucking again.

And? There's nothing wrong with that. Punish the players who do it by pushing the creep wave to their tower and denying it. It's a different strategy that people partake in. More strategies are never a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with it, at all. It's no different from 4 manning a solo laner to take down his tower faster.

TP is cool.

TP being absolutely mandatory shackles the pace of the game.
It is as healthy as it has been. As it stands top laners who can solo a big jungle creep have to waste their TP. But there'd be more negatives to decreasing jungle exp to non-machete users than keeping it as is.
Wasting your TP means pretty much jack shit without early solo kill pressure, you play safe for 4 minutes and you're good to go again.

Laners taking early camps has never ever been healthy. Bot taking side camps at level 1 has always been a problem and constantly nerfed. When mids constantly killed wraiths early it was also a problem that was eventually nerfed.
And? There's nothing wrong with that. Punish the players who do it by pushing the creep wave to their tower and denying it. It's a different strategy that people partake in. More strategies are never a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with it, at all. It's no different from 4 manning a solo laner to take down his tower faster.
You have like 20 seconds to push the wave to the enemy turret. Not everyone is fucking Riven.

TP is cool.

TP being absolutely mandatory shackles the pace of the game.

Wasting your TP means pretty much jack shit without early solo kill pressure, you play safe for 4 minutes and you're good to go again.

Laners taking early camps has never ever been healthy. Bot taking side camps at level 1 has always been a problem and constantly nerfed. When mids constantly killed wraiths early it was also a problem that was eventually nerfed.

You have like 20 seconds to push the wave to the enemy turret. Not everyone is fucking Riven.

And with or without TP, top laners will play save in order to avoid that early solo kill pressure on them. Just like they do now. With TP. Have you seen the NA meta? So damn boring.

And maybe top laners should start gravitating to fast AoE pushers ^_^

Look all I'm saying is they should buff Heimerdinger. Take away the limited radius of where he has to be for his turrets, give him 5 more turrets, and he can jungle and defend his tower. Also make it so the tower attacks people attacking his turrets.

On an unrelated note, mysterious PBE thingy that is probably about the Harrowing
TheyAreComing_Base_P_Mark.png

Nekofrog

Banned
ugh that light shade of blue (cyan) is so gross

riot fire whoever designed that piece of garbage

it doesnt fit your design philosophy

it also looks like spaghetti so its going to break your spaghetti code riot

RIOT SUX

i dont even know how many leegaf posters i just parodied but it was more than one and by total accident

Every 3 hits an inspirational message appears on all players screens saying 'Wow what a unique mechanic! everyone praise riot for this unique mechanic of 3 hits!'

Nekofrog

Banned
Every 3 auto attacks breaks riots spaghetti code and moves the servers to raise my ping even more

Also something about 3 autos and a riot lyte PhD toxin reference dank memer 420

Once I figure out a way to work in waifus and newt afking I think I've covered all of league gaf

zkylon

zkylewd
ugh that light shade of blue (cyan) is so gross

riot fire whoever designed that piece of garbage

it doesnt fit your design philosophy

it also looks like spaghetti so its going to break your spaghetti code riot

RIOT SUX

i dont even know how many leegaf posters i just parodied but it was more than one and by total accident

am i the cyan one?

lol

Does anyone here regularly play on OCE? I dont known if its bad luck. Ive been thorugh two households with Vodafone and they both experience random drops. I thought they both had crappy routers since they use the supplied one.

Im in a new flat with Wireless Nation but I still get random drops. My internet and router are both fine during those times.

Is OCE just crappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom